Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Van der Hoorn 16:49 - Aug 26 with 6077 viewsTrundle10

Good game today.... another player the drama queens on here have written off.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2017 16:50]
Van der Hoorn on 16:55 - Aug 26 with 4445 viewsNeath_Jack

Indeed, played very well, handled Benteke and made a perfect sliding tackle to deny their player a clean shot at goal.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Van der Hoorn on 16:55 - Aug 26 with 4434 viewsmagicdaps10

So the drama queens write him off but yet after one game.....................!!!!!!!

Some beauts in this world.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Van der Hoorn on 16:56 - Aug 26 with 4428 viewsdickythorpe

It's a game under his belt and an away win, always a plus point to reflect on as an individual.
Van der Hoorn on 16:57 - Aug 26 with 4404 viewsDr_Winston

Van der Hoorn on 16:55 - Aug 26 by magicdaps10

So the drama queens write him off but yet after one game.....................!!!!!!!

Drama Queens wrote him off after performances under Bradley. Sensible people said wait and see how he is under a decent manager.

Nothing proven either way yet apart from the idiocy of writing any player off because of that nightmare spell.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Van der Hoorn on 16:58 - Aug 26 with 4385 viewsRancid

He'll have a good run in the side with Bartley out.Great start today.
Van der Hoorn on 16:58 - Aug 26 with 4382 viewsmagicdaps10

Played well and as dicky said, a game under his belt.

i hope he proves me wrong but im not getting excited after one game.

Van der Hoorn on 16:58 - Aug 26 with 4376 viewsNeath_Jack

Van der Hoorn on 16:55 - Aug 26 by magicdaps10

People are saying he had a good game you massive f*cking whopper!

Nobody has said he's the next John f*cking Terry.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Van der Hoorn on 17:00 - Aug 26 with 4345 viewsPozuelosSideys

Bessone looked good when playing Sousaball. Packing our defence hides players' waek points and enhances their positives. Good management imo

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Login to get fewer ads

Van der Hoorn on 17:02 - Aug 26 with 4281 viewsjasper_T

He did better than Mawson but these aren't the games that prove of defenders worth.

Palace could have played all day against the u23s and not scored.
Van der Hoorn on 17:03 - Aug 26 with 4279 viewsmagicdaps10

Van der Hoorn on 16:58 - Aug 26 by Neath_Jack

Hahahahahaha

Have a snickers Mrs

Van der Hoorn on 17:07 - Aug 26 with 4216 viewskarnataka

That was probably the right opposition for him to get minutes under his belt because most other teams would have put our defenders under more pressure than Palace did today. Hopefully, when we meet Newcastle, they will continue to be as woeful as they have been so far and he'll get another relatively easy ride, assuming we play 3 at the back of course.
Van der Hoorn on 17:11 - Aug 26 with 4171 viewsswanforthemoney

I didn't see today's game, but if we turn out to have a capable stand in centre half in VDH, so much the better. Seems an honest type of player, he's never going to be our first pick unless there's injuries or suspensions but if he can handle the likes of Bentake we have to be confident he can come in and do a job.

I stand in the North Stand

Van der Hoorn on 17:13 - Aug 26 with 4124 viewswhiterock

Great result today and a timely one too, always good to get a result before the international break
Van der Hoorn on 17:16 - Aug 26 with 4083 viewsFlashberryjack

Van der Hoorn on 16:58 - Aug 26 by Neath_Jack

He did have Mawson and Fernandez by his side mind, and we were playing Palace.

Great news, if as you say he had a good game, well done to the lad.

And you're right "Nobody has said he's the next John f*cking Terry "

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Van der Hoorn on 17:24 - Aug 26 with 4028 viewsNeath_Jack

Van der Hoorn on 17:16 - Aug 26 by Flashberryjack

He did have Mawson and Fernandez by his side mind, and we were playing Palace.

Great news, if as you say he had a good game, well done to the lad.

And you're right "Nobody has said he's the next John f*cking Terry "

If posts were a colour, yours would definitely be grey.

I don't get your post, yes, we know who he was playing alongside and against whom, we watched the game.

He did have a good game, i knows my onions when it comes to football.

Again, i know nobody said it, that's why i said "Nobody has said he's the next John f*cking Terry".

Other than that Flash, it was a fantastic post and really added to the thread, cheers mate.

Van der Hoorn on 17:34 - Aug 26 with 3906 viewsoldcob

I thought he had a very good game, although some on here seem to begrudge him it. Get behind the boy FFS he's OUR player.
Van der Hoorn on 17:43 - Aug 26 with 3820 viewsFlashberryjack

Van der Hoorn on 17:24 - Aug 26 by Neath_Jack

If posts were a colour, yours would definitely be grey.

I don't get your post, yes, we know who he was playing alongside and against whom, we watched the game.

He did have a good game, i knows my onions when it comes to football.

Again, i know nobody said it, that's why i said "Nobody has said he's the next John f*cking Terry".

Other than that Flash, it was a fantastic post and really added to the thread, cheers mate.

No need to thank me, I was merely pointing out that maybe the formation suited him better.

If you don't think that's relevant then fair enough, I look forward another one of your scintillating posts as well.

Hello

Van der Hoorn on 17:46 - Aug 26 with 3783 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Van der Hoorn on 17:07 - Aug 26 by karnataka

That was probably the right opposition for him to get minutes under his belt because most other teams would have put our defenders under more pressure than Palace did today. Hopefully, when we meet Newcastle, they will continue to be as woeful as they have been so far and he'll get another relatively easy ride, assuming we play 3 at the back of course.

Is that the same woeful Newcastle that just stuffed West Ham 3:0?
Van der Hoorn on 17:49 - Aug 26 with 3764 viewsraynor94

Van der Hoorn on 17:03 - Aug 26 by magicdaps10

Hahahahahaha

Have a snickers Mrs

Seriously, you have called him what a dog wouldn't lick, read your previous posts, revisionism at it's best

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Van der Hoorn on 17:52 - Aug 26 with 3732 viewsNeath_Jack

Van der Hoorn on 17:43 - Aug 26 by Flashberryjack

No need to thank me, I was merely pointing out that maybe the formation suited him better.

If you don't think that's relevant then fair enough, I look forward another one of your scintillating posts as well.

Of course the formation suited him better, i don't think anyone was saying any different. We got a clean sheet and he played well in defence, so he's rightly getting praised for it. If he had a mare of a game, there would be several threads running to a couple of pages long by now, absolutely slaughtering the boy.

I can only deduce from your arm waving in this here thread, that you've probably not been too kind to him previously? If that is the case, don't worry about it, we all make mistakes sometimes, even i do, believe it or not.

You can have the last post on it now.

Van der Hoorn on 17:53 - Aug 26 with 3722 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I posted on another thread that I thought VDH had something about him after keeping Deeney under control and out of the game.
Bradley could have wrecked the careers of a few Swans players, thank goodness they eventually saw the light and replaced him.
Van der Hoorn on 18:03 - Aug 26 with 3631 viewsjack247

I said on a thread about Bartley a few days ago, that I thought VdH would be ok as the spare man in a back three who just has to attack crosses and get blocks in, or doing a man to man job on a powerhouse like Benteke or Lukaku. Seeing as we have started two games in a row with three CBs, I can kind of see why Bartley and VdH are still here and Amat has been loaned out. Both have had good games against powerful strikers.

Not sure I'd be too comfortable with either of them in a back four, but the current formation suits them both well.
Van der Hoorn on 18:09 - Aug 26 with 3598 viewsItchySphincter

VDH was not brought in with a view to walking in to the first team last year. He was supposed to be one for the future but Bob's scattergun approach to crisis management f*cked that right up.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Van der Hoorn on 18:11 - Aug 26 with 3581 viewsFlashberryjack

Van der Hoorn on 17:52 - Aug 26 by Neath_Jack

Of course the formation suited him better, i don't think anyone was saying any different. We got a clean sheet and he played well in defence, so he's rightly getting praised for it. If he had a mare of a game, there would be several threads running to a couple of pages long by now, absolutely slaughtering the boy.

I can only deduce from your arm waving in this here thread, that you've probably not been too kind to him previously? If that is the case, don't worry about it, we all make mistakes sometimes, even i do, believe it or not.

You can have the last post on it now.

I suggest you read my opening post on this thread again, and please point out where I didn't give him any praise ? other than to point out the obvious.

Although you're right (as you already know) I'm not a fan of VDH, and one game against a pretty poor Crystal Palace hasn't completely changed my mind, but I would be absolutely delighted to be proved wrong.

Oh! and well done VDH on playing well today.....keep it up.

Hello

Van der Hoorn on 18:36 - Aug 26 with 3466 viewspencoedjack

Talking of drama queens your Spurs tickets turned up C nutos ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024