Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clucas 17:07 - Aug 26 with 15858 viewsPozuelosSideys

So what do we think then?

Considering hes only been here a couple of days, looks pretty good. Sat in front of the defence and broke up play and kept it simple - will be vying with Leon for that spot.

Mesa and Caroll for one role, with Fer and Ki for the other spot.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Clucas on 17:43 - Aug 26 with 13434 viewsPintado

He was outstanding today, did not lose the ball as far as I can remember.

Freddy Kruger has very sharp nails

Clucas on 17:44 - Aug 26 with 13422 viewsmonmouth

Tidy, Very tidy.

Will get more assertive I hope.

I thought the same about Fulton two years ago so I hope this boy actually develops.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Clucas on 17:45 - Aug 26 with 13390 viewsShonky

Clucas on 17:44 - Aug 26 by monmouth

Tidy, Very tidy.

Will get more assertive I hope.

I thought the same about Fulton two years ago so I hope this boy actually develops.

Hes 26.

Its just a ride...

Clucas on 17:49 - Aug 26 with 13337 viewsA_Fans_Dad

He is a good solid player, if he was very much better he wouldn't be playing for us, he would be in top 6 squad instead.
Clucas on 17:51 - Aug 26 with 13285 viewsZZoric

Clucas has all of the attributes we need right now - a clever signing, clearly endorsed by PC (PL experience etc etc)

mesa and carroll is in no way an option - carroll is twice the player in so many ways
Clucas on 17:54 - Aug 26 with 13236 viewsmonmouth

Clucas on 17:45 - Aug 26 by Shonky

Hes 26.

Oh.

Clucas on 17:56 - Aug 26 with 13188 viewsMo_Wives

Clucas on 17:54 - Aug 26 by monmouth

Oh.

You've been away longer than you thought, my friend.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Clucas on 18:06 - Aug 26 with 13051 viewsjack247

Couldn't expect much more on a debut to be fair. Busy, intelligent, not afraid to put himself about when he had to and obviously 'got' the way Clement wants us to play despite only just signing.
Login to get fewer ads

Clucas on 18:08 - Aug 26 with 13022 viewsdickythorpe

Just heard him on Radio Wales, he speaks well and seems very focussed.
Clucas on 18:10 - Aug 26 with 12991 viewsmonmouth

And I'd happily pay 15m (?) for a 26 year old Leon. Happily.

Jeez, that win feels good don't it.

Clucas on 18:13 - Aug 26 with 12964 viewsZZoric

Clucas on 18:10 - Aug 26 by monmouth

yep it sure do, innit

dare I say it - a Leon + in the making - esp when coached by Leon and Makelele
Clucas on 18:15 - Aug 26 with 12946 viewsnantywatcher

Quote about him by Paul Merson "He was outstanding today, did not lose the ball as far as I can remember." Mesa is going to struggle to get into the team for a while.
Clucas on 18:32 - Aug 26 with 12742 viewspencoedjack

Very good debut nothing fancy did his job well

Fancy he going to be a regular 710 player
Clucas on 18:36 - Aug 26 with 12684 viewsEasternJack

FRom where I was sat, it looked like he had an outstanding game. Very physical, neat on the ball and played a couple of quick wide passes that opened up our attack.

This one looks like a great signing.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Clucas on 18:39 - Aug 26 with 12652 viewsswansea68

Clucas on 17:54 - Aug 26 by monmouth

Oh.

How can u post on this forum without knowing full facts ? How old did U think he was ? Some ppl just post blind and that's how we get negativity. I see some posting about a game they haven't even watched ? Wats that all about ?
Clucas on 18:46 - Aug 26 with 12575 viewsBytholWyn

I thought he did well considering the short time he's been with us. I'd give him a 7 out of 10, but no better. Apart from that outstanding 60 yards pass I can't remember him doing much creatively. Not meant as a big criticism - but the midfield as a whole offered very little going forward. Even though we controlled the first half, just about all of our possession was in our own half - with very little in Palace's half. Second half we had next to no possession in the opposition half.

The question for me, if we continue to play 3-5-2, where is the creativity and ball retention in the opposition half going to come from? There's a danger that Clucas, Carroll and Fer are a bit samey. Hopefully this question will be answered before the transfer window closes.
Clucas on 18:47 - Aug 26 with 12571 viewsmonmouth

Clucas on 18:39 - Aug 26 by swansea68

How can u post on this forum without knowing full facts ? How old did U think he was ? Some ppl just post blind and that's how we get negativity. I see some posting about a game they haven't even watched ? Wats that all about ?

Clucas on 18:53 - Aug 26 with 12512 viewsZZoric

Clucas on 18:46 - Aug 26 by BytholWyn

I thought he did well considering the short time he's been with us. I'd give him a 7 out of 10, but no better. Apart from that outstanding 60 yards pass I can't remember him doing much creatively. Not meant as a big criticism - but the midfield as a whole offered very little going forward. Even though we controlled the first half, just about all of our possession was in our own half - with very little in Palace's half. Second half we had next to no possession in the opposition half.

The question for me, if we continue to play 3-5-2, where is the creativity and ball retention in the opposition half going to come from? There's a danger that Clucas, Carroll and Fer are a bit samey. Hopefully this question will be answered before the transfer window closes.

In no way are they a bit samey:
- Clucas is the dominant holder - with a licence to push fwd - with aplomb
- Carroll is the gifted had working left-sided magician
- Fer is the gifted right -sided maverick that drives fwd and gets goals

Well balanced in so so many ways, no ?
Clucas on 19:08 - Aug 26 with 12405 viewsPrivate_Partz

Clucas on 18:10 - Aug 26 by monmouth

It sure is Mon.
Maybe the Res is right and we will sign another 2 or 3 players and become a fast moving attacking outfit that will put last seasons second half performance in the shade.
The worry got me is we will fail to get these players or they may be unsuitable.
Even if it does turn out this way I have no problem with an ugly 5 at the back formation if it endures our safety.
If it is the first scenario then all fine and dandy. Let's rock and roll :-)
Either way it will be great to put that fat Man Utd tosser on the terrestrial Prem League programme is his place.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Clucas on 19:17 - Aug 26 with 12331 viewsScfc2017

Clucas on 17:49 - Aug 26 by A_Fans_Dad

He is a good solid player, if he was very much better he wouldn't be playing for us, he would be in top 6 squad instead.

Not necessarily. There are many players who have developed late or gone under the radar.
Hopefully Clucas, will turn out to be a gem of a signing.
Clucas on 19:24 - Aug 26 with 12272 viewsnyc_swans

very confident he will be a good player, but slight concern when olsson, carrol and clucas play side by side, as they are all very left-footed. feel like it limits the movement of the ball sometimes.
Clucas on 19:36 - Aug 26 with 12141 views3swan

Clucas on 18:47 - Aug 26 by monmouth

Not 26 for long

He's 27 on Sept 25th

Clucas on 19:39 - Aug 26 with 12097 viewsBytholWyn

Clucas on 18:53 - Aug 26 by ZZoric

In no way are they a bit samey:
- Clucas is the dominant holder - with a licence to push fwd - with aplomb
- Carroll is the gifted had working left-sided magician
- Fer is the gifted right -sided maverick that drives fwd and gets goals

Well balanced in so so many ways, no ?

I'm not convinced about is that any of the three are consistently as good in possession and tight spaces as Leon or Mesa. We struggled to gain any sort of foothold in the Palace half - even in the first half when we had loads of possession. Can the likes of Carroll, Fer and Clucas play the neat one-touch triangles we managed with far inferior players in our first season in the top flight? To early to say - but not on the basis of today's performance.

Although Carroll, Fer and Clucas have distinctive skillsets, none convince me that they can put their foot on the ball and control play - even as well as Ki, let alone Leon and Mesa.

If we are to continue to play with wing backs I hope we change from the 3-5-2 - which lacks "verticality" to the 3-4-2-1 box formation - which should make it a lot easier to transition from back to front without resorting to hoofball. Perhaps then the personnel won't matter so much.
Clucas on 19:55 - Aug 26 with 11940 viewsjasper_T

Carroll-Clucas-Ki or Carroll-Leon-Clucas for me based on today's showing (and the complete lack of interest PC apparently has in Mesa)
Clucas on 20:19 - Aug 26 with 11771 viewsdailew

Clucas on 19:55 - Aug 26 by jasper_T

Carroll-Clucas-Ki or Carroll-Leon-Clucas for me based on today's showing (and the complete lack of interest PC apparently has in Mesa)

Thought Fer had a very good game today.

Great ball in for Tammy's goal on his weaker foot.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024