Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That is how you replace a player with a system 18:53 - Aug 26 with 1920 viewsE20Jack

A lot of people on here could not fathom how a system could replace a player. Today was a fine example. Not a vintage display but we defended as a unit, kept possession, knocked the ball around and put the pressure on at the right times. As a result players such as Ayew got the chance to score when ordinarily they wouldn't.

So someone coming in doesn't have to replace the goals and assists of Siggy. The system change should replace the majority of them by allowing others to score more than they normally would, as long as the players that are brought in continue to be of sufficient standard. We do look two positions short, one at right wing back and another in the wide attacking midfield role.

I hope both get filled although suspect now that only maybe Arias will be brought in as well as the Bony/Llorente transfer.

Very positive.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

That is how you replace a player with a system on 18:57 - Aug 26 with 1869 viewsshenleymun

A lot of people on here don't think beating the worst team in the Prem demonstrates very much of anything.

As you say, very positive, but I think I'll wait a bit longer before deciding that we won't miss Gylfi, thanks.
That is how you replace a player with a system on 18:59 - Aug 26 with 1852 viewsE20Jack

That is how you replace a player with a system on 18:57 - Aug 26 by shenleymun

A lot of people on here don't think beating the worst team in the Prem demonstrates very much of anything.

As you say, very positive, but I think I'll wait a bit longer before deciding that we won't miss Gylfi, thanks.

We lost to far worse teams last year, including 3 times to Hull.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

That is how you replace a player with a system on 19:00 - Aug 26 with 1837 viewsfelixstowe_jack

We only won 2-1 at Palace last season so 2-0 is an improvement.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

That is how you replace a player with a system on 19:05 - Aug 26 with 1788 viewsItchySphincter

That is how you replace a player with a system on 19:00 - Aug 26 by felixstowe_jack

Not necessarily. Palace might be worse than last year.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

That is how you replace a player with a system on 19:14 - Aug 26 with 1720 viewsCooperman

That is how you replace a player with a system on 19:05 - Aug 26 by ItchySphincter

Not necessarily. Palace might be worse than last year.

They are, it's the de Boer effect.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

That is how you replace a player with a system on 19:20 - Aug 26 with 1672 viewsjack247

We haven't replaced a player with a system (yet), we are still at least one player short.

Put someone genuinely creative at the top of the diamond, or even sign Bony, play Tammy in Ayews role and Ayew in Fers and you will have defensive stability and a bit more danger up front.

None of that is a knock at Fer by the way, we just need a bit more cutting edge in the final third and that system will be great.
That is how you replace a player with a system on 19:35 - Aug 26 with 1598 viewsZZoric

today we were far far stronger as a unit - PC is a smart tactician

Clucas' contribution to the first goal was immense - a position Gylfi woulda stymied from a CDM
That is how you replace a player with a system on 19:52 - Aug 26 with 1491 viewsjasper_T

Funny how a positive scoreline makes people forget a fcking miserable first half.

I know we've been boring long ball team for a few years now but until Clucas made that forward run in the lead up to Tammy's goal there wasn't an ounce of creativity or invention to our attacking play.
Login to get fewer ads

That is how you replace a player with a system on 20:01 - Aug 26 with 1415 viewsGaryjack

That is how you replace a player with a system on 19:52 - Aug 26 by jasper_T

Funny how a positive scoreline makes people forget a fcking miserable first half.

I know we've been boring long ball team for a few years now but until Clucas made that forward run in the lead up to Tammy's goal there wasn't an ounce of creativity or invention to our attacking play.

Exactly, why can't we put pressure on other teams like Palace did in the last ten mins, or score spectacular goals like Bournemouth? West Ham also looked very exciting on the ball today, very easy on the eye, i could watch them all day.
That is how you replace a player with a system on 20:03 - Aug 26 with 1406 viewsTheResurrection

We were the away team FFS. What did you want, to play exactly into Palace's hands?

People need to start realising quick sharp, Barcelona we are not and home and away is a different sport.

We play Southampton at home next, we'll do to them what they did to us, except we'd score.

4 points from these 3 games is bloody immense.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

That is how you replace a player with a system on 20:13 - Aug 26 with 1321 viewsploppy

Except for Ayew's diving header that he probably should have scored.
That is how you replace a player with a system on 20:14 - Aug 26 with 1315 viewslonglostjack

That is how you replace a player with a system on 19:00 - Aug 26 by felixstowe_jack

Maybe but that Palace game last season was a classic and a turning point in our season. Alan Curtis
walks on water

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

That is how you replace a player with a system on 20:17 - Aug 26 with 1292 viewsZZoric

That is how you replace a player with a system on 20:01 - Aug 26 by Garyjack

Exactly, why can't we put pressure on other teams like Palace did in the last ten mins, or score spectacular goals like Bournemouth? West Ham also looked very exciting on the ball today, very easy on the eye, i could watch them all day.

precisely (yeah know who u r blah blah)

how many dont get some perspective baffles me - dull, thick tvvats i say
That is how you replace a player with a system on 20:19 - Aug 26 with 1277 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So the header by Ayew on 3 minutes, the blocked shot by Fer on 7 minutes, the shot blocked by Tammy on 36 minutes, Alfie's header miss on 37 minutes, Tammy offside on 37 & 41 minutes don't count as creative then?
That is how you replace a player with a system on 20:20 - Aug 26 with 1263 viewsGaryjack

That is how you replace a player with a system on 20:17 - Aug 26 by ZZoric

precisely (yeah know who u r blah blah)

how many dont get some perspective baffles me - dull, thick tvvats i say

Oh, go then, have an up arrow!
That is how you replace a player with a system on 20:28 - Aug 26 with 1207 viewsMeraki

That is how you replace a player with a system on 20:19 - Aug 26 by A_Fans_Dad

So the header by Ayew on 3 minutes, the blocked shot by Fer on 7 minutes, the shot blocked by Tammy on 36 minutes, Alfie's header miss on 37 minutes, Tammy offside on 37 & 41 minutes don't count as creative then?

I think you might be confusing "creative" with "creating"...
That is how you replace a player with a system on 20:39 - Aug 26 with 1148 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Ah, got it now, creating chances isn't being creative.
What does "creativity" do exactly?
That is how you replace a player with a system on 20:44 - Aug 26 with 1118 viewsalwaysblackandwhite

That is how you replace a player with a system on 20:03 - Aug 26 by TheResurrection

We were the away team FFS. What did you want, to play exactly into Palace's hands?

People need to start realising quick sharp, Barcelona we are not and home and away is a different sport.

We play Southampton at home next, we'll do to them what they did to us, except we'd score.

We don't play Southampton next?
That is how you replace a player with a system on 20:50 - Aug 26 with 1072 viewsJonTheJack

That is how you replace a player with a system on 20:03 - Aug 26 by TheResurrection

Just think of all the times you've told people to get their facts correct; and then read your post again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024