Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freddie and the armband 21:24 - Aug 26 with 3902 viewsYossarian

So how does everyone think Freddie is doing now he's got the captaincy? I reckon it's an inspired choice by PC.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Freddie and the armband on 21:25 - Aug 26 with 2850 viewsItchySphincter

Freddie by f*ck.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Freddie and the armband on 21:30 - Aug 26 with 2831 viewsElward

Im happy with it. Seems to of improved his performance if anything. Aside from vdhoorns class tackle today, Fernandez has been the best CB so far
Freddie and the armband on 21:41 - Aug 26 with 2785 viewsTheKirkyLife

Doesn't seem like the Captain type but then again been best CB this season.
Freddie and the armband on 21:42 - Aug 26 with 2769 viewsPozuelosSideys

Our best defender so far this season, and arguably since Clement came in.

Ughh.. cant believe i just said that. But fair play to him

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Freddie and the armband on 21:42 - Aug 26 with 2768 viewsKennedy

Yes looks a great choice. Most would have given it to Mawson.

But maybe it's a lead by example type. He has been nothing short of excellent since PC came in.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 3:44]

Just call me JFK

Freddie and the armband on 21:44 - Aug 26 with 2749 viewsicecoldjack

Same same, flaky then good then soft then good then flaky again . If we signed him in the current market he would've been £20 m which is a real scary thought!

The softest Argie centre half to ever play the game but he is doing ok under clement so i guess im being a touch harsh on him.
Freddie and the armband on 21:50 - Aug 26 with 2712 viewsdickythorpe

Clement working his magic here I think. The captain's armband will make or break a player.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2017 21:50]
Freddie and the armband on 22:09 - Aug 26 with 2625 viewsLoyal

Always liked him, top performer, World Cup finalist.
Can't fault him.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

Freddie and the armband on 22:31 - Aug 26 with 2568 viewsSS2013

32 Caps for Argentina
50 Games for Napoli
Expereinced Premier League player.

Decent shout Imo

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

Freddie and the armband on 23:04 - Aug 26 with 2486 viewsbuilthjack

I was one of the few who thought he was a very good player before PC arrived.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Freddie and the armband on 00:18 - Aug 27 with 2349 viewsGeoffThom

Well deserved, been outstanding, there again I always thought that, to many on here critical when it wasn't his mistakes, but that didn't stop them, especially when mawson first came, were pretty solid at the back at the moment, pity about barclay
Freddie and the armband on 00:19 - Aug 27 with 2347 viewsKingBony

His name is not Freddie ffs

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Freddie and the armband on 03:45 - Aug 27 with 2164 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

He has come a long way for us since he was torn a new one in his debut against Rotherham.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Freddie and the armband on 06:13 - Aug 27 with 2089 viewsjackportis

Do football captains actually have an influence? Manager shouting from technical area I think not.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Freddie and the armband on 07:18 - Aug 27 with 2020 viewsDr_Winston

Still nowhere near as technically capable on the ball as he should be, but for the most part he's stuck to what he's good at and cut out the stupid mistakes he was prone to. Testament to Clement's coaching that he's made a decent PL defender out of him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Freddie and the armband on 07:31 - Aug 27 with 1984 viewsSPboy

Freddie and the armband on 21:44 - Aug 26 by icecoldjack

Same same, flaky then good then soft then good then flaky again . If we signed him in the current market he would've been £20 m which is a real scary thought!

The softest Argie centre half to ever play the game but he is doing ok under clement so i guess im being a touch harsh on him.

Flaky is a very apt description. Always capable of a clanger and generally gives away one big chance per game. The fact he is in the starting eleven and captain shows where we are at the moment. He seems to have improved under Clement, bit too flaky for me, we need better

Playing 5 at the back and 2 defensive midfielders may work against p1ss poor teams like Palace but there is no hiding the lack of quality throughout our team
Freddie and the armband on 08:47 - Aug 27 with 1844 viewspencoedjack

Freddie and the armband on 00:18 - Aug 27 by GeoffThom

Well deserved, been outstanding, there again I always thought that, to many on here critical when it wasn't his mistakes, but that didn't stop them, especially when mawson first came, were pretty solid at the back at the moment, pity about barclay

Indeed top class defender said it all along,made far fewer mistakes than Bartley which is often ignored by several posters.

Anyway PC seems to be able to polish a turd when its come to defenders he's even managed it with Naughton

All positive stuff
Freddie and the armband on 08:55 - Aug 27 with 1827 viewsWhiterockin

Our third starting captain in three Premier League matches. I think PC is waiting for the window to close before the captain decision is made. Personally I think if Joe had come in he would have had the armband permanently.
Freddie and the armband on 09:42 - Aug 27 with 1751 viewsnantywatcher

Freddie and the armband on 07:31 - Aug 27 by SPboy

Flaky is a very apt description. Always capable of a clanger and generally gives away one big chance per game. The fact he is in the starting eleven and captain shows where we are at the moment. He seems to have improved under Clement, bit too flaky for me, we need better

Playing 5 at the back and 2 defensive midfielders may work against p1ss poor teams like Palace but there is no hiding the lack of quality throughout our team

Dumbest posting of the day award - and by 7-30 in the morning - well done!
Freddie and the armband on 10:21 - Aug 27 with 1683 viewsSPboy

Freddie and the armband on 09:42 - Aug 27 by nantywatcher

Dumbest posting of the day award - and by 7-30 in the morning - well done!

The thread is about Fernandes.

All your post says is that my expectations and standards are way higher than yours. Bit too early in the morning for you ?
Freddie and the armband on 10:27 - Aug 27 with 1665 viewsJackSkellington

Freddie and the armband on 08:55 - Aug 27 by Whiterockin

Our third starting captain in three Premier League matches. I think PC is waiting for the window to close before the captain decision is made. Personally I think if Joe had come in he would have had the armband permanently.

I think the band went through three players at Southampton - IIRC Leon, Routledge and finishing with Fede - but didn't he then start as captain the last two games? I think it suits him. Don't know who else I'd give it to if I was PC, Fede and Fabianski are our most senior 90 minute players now so he's currently the most logical choice.
Freddie and the armband on 10:48 - Aug 27 with 1615 viewsTheResurrection

A touch harsh??

I can't believe I thought you were a decent poster at one point.

You've never played the game, have you!?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Freddie and the armband on 11:09 - Aug 27 with 1565 viewsBarrySwan

Freddie and the armband on 22:31 - Aug 26 by SS2013

32 Caps for Argentina
50 Games for Napoli
Expereinced Premier League player.

Decent shout Imo

32 Caps for Argentina
50 games for Napoli
101 cheap needless free kicks given away on the edge of our box
Freddie and the armband on 11:16 - Aug 27 with 1541 viewsItchySphincter

Rubbish, he's a good defender, his weakness is that he can't pass for toffee. Other than that he's first class.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Freddie and the armband on 14:12 - Aug 27 with 1427 viewsDJack

Freddie and the armband on 10:48 - Aug 27 by TheResurrection

A touch harsh??

I can't believe I thought you were a decent poster at one point.

You've never played the game, have you!?

"A touch harsh?? "

..then you post just as judgemental/harsh.

Keep to the factual posts and many more on this board will appreciate your input (Gylfi posts aside )

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024