Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... 15:49 - Aug 27 with 3586 viewsJethroJack

....but from what I've seen so far from us and the opposition, I reckon we're in for a decent season. We have a talented coach who gets the best out of his players & the squad is on a par with at least 12 other clubs.

I reckon we will finish 9th and have a decent run in both Cups 😁
Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 15:54 - Aug 27 with 2630 viewsPozuelosSideys

A lot will depend on where the goals come from. Weve only scored 2 in 3 games and had a total of about 5 shots on target without many more being created. Most of that was against a seriously poor Palace who made a lot of mistakes.

If PC can fix that, you may be right.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 15:54 - Aug 27 with 2625 viewsTheResurrection

I'm glad someone was listening Jethro old chap

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 16:30 - Aug 27 with 2532 viewssomersetsimon

I agree. A couple of signings and our first XI will be pretty good. However, we don't have much depth and would be in trouble if we had a few injuries, especially in defence.
Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 16:56 - Aug 27 with 2437 viewsScfc2017

I'm feeling very optimistic about this season too. Probably don't have the same flair of previous Swans teams, but we certainly seem to have a backbone these days, and are going to be a hard nut to crack.

Hopefully a couple of new faces before the window shuts and with Llorente, Ki , Montero to come back from injury, we all of a sudden seem to have a very good squad.
Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 17:32 - Aug 27 with 2352 viewsJethroJack

Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 15:54 - Aug 27 by TheResurrection

I'm glad someone was listening Jethro old chap

With respect old boy, I wasn't listening to anybody (including you).
Your obsession with Siggy didn't do you any favours, not to mention your venom towards many posters.

My glass is usually half-full, unlike a lot on here. If I was as pessimistic & negative as some, I wouldn't bother "supporting" a club, too much hassle.
Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 17:59 - Aug 27 with 2218 viewstomdickharry

Signings imminent!!!!
Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 18:34 - Aug 27 with 2128 viewsjackforever

Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 17:32 - Aug 27 by JethroJack

Your obsession with Siggy didn't do you any favours, not to mention your venom towards many posters.

My glass is usually half-full, unlike a lot on here. If I was as pessimistic & negative as some, I wouldn't bother "supporting" a club, too much hassle.

That last paragraph sums my attitude up as well after seeing the pre sharp and petty days when it was close to the end then I can't get as negative and pessimistic as so many on here, also it's only football, shankly got it wrong in my opinion.
Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 18:47 - Aug 27 with 2059 viewsjack247

The squad, as it is, is going to struggle deeper into the season. We have got 8 games between 2nd December and New Year's Day, I can't see how we get through that without using squad players. With the exceptions of Leon, Mesa and possibly Rangel, there aren't too many I'd want starting games for us.

Our starting eleven however, especially if we can tweak it in the next few days, looks solid. We are probably only a bit of creativity away from having a very good side.
Login to get fewer ads

Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 18:56 - Aug 27 with 2025 viewsJethroJack

Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 18:47 - Aug 27 by jack247

The squad, as it is, is going to struggle deeper into the season. We have got 8 games between 2nd December and New Year's Day, I can't see how we get through that without using squad players. With the exceptions of Leon, Mesa and possibly Rangel, there aren't too many I'd want starting games for us.

Our starting eleven however, especially if we can tweak it in the next few days, looks solid. We are probably only a bit of creativity away from having a very good side.

I like your second paragraph, but suggest you don't fret too much about the first 😊
Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 19:00 - Aug 27 with 1994 viewsjack247

Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 18:56 - Aug 27 by JethroJack

I like your second paragraph, but suggest you don't fret too much about the first 😊

Let's see how the rest of August goes then make that call.
Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 19:08 - Aug 27 with 1963 viewsScfc2017

Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 18:47 - Aug 27 by jack247

How do you know the squad will suffer? Are you Nostradamus ?.
Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 19:09 - Aug 27 with 1955 viewsAl_Bundy

Our squad in on a par with 12 other clubs?

I really can't see that !!!
Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 19:13 - Aug 27 with 1938 viewsJethroJack

Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 19:00 - Aug 27 by jack247

Let's see how the rest of August goes then make that call.

Still not worth fretting over, however the next few days go with squad strengthening.
Agonising over stuff you can't directly control is daft 😊
Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 19:18 - Aug 27 with 1910 viewsjack247

Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 19:08 - Aug 27 by Scfc2017

How do you know the squad will suffer? Are you Nostradamus ?.

Do you need to be Nostradamus?

We've got a fully fit squad at the moment bar Llorente, Bartley and Ki (I think). Look at the bench we had at Palace. Do you think the starting eleven will last all season?
Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 19:19 - Aug 27 with 1904 viewsDewi1jack

Confident we'll stay up, but only if our 1st team doesn't get anylong term injuries or many suspensions.
Don't think we'll have a decent cup run this year.
Although if PC wants a Cup and on the showing at a moved Wimbledon he does, then fine.

Normally I'm up for a mid table finish and winning a cup, but don't think that's at all possible with the signings we've made and the squad in general.
Which IMHO, is as weak as when we came up

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 19:19 - Aug 27 with 1902 viewsjack247

Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 19:13 - Aug 27 by JethroJack

Still not worth fretting over, however the next few days go with squad strengthening.
Agonising over stuff you can't directly control is daft 😊

Agonising?

I'm just stating I don't think the squad isn't strong enough, although the first team is. If there's no point in having opinions there's no point having a forum.
Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 19:20 - Aug 27 with 1901 viewsTheResurrection

Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 17:32 - Aug 27 by JethroJack

don't be so sensitive. It's only a forum full of clueless mugs bumping their gums about a subject they can't understand.

We were only ever a Siggy and Llorente sale away from freshening things up and kicking on again.....

It's all coming to plan........

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 19:21 - Aug 27 with 1893 viewsScfc2017

Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 19:20 - Aug 27 by TheResurrection

don't be so sensitive. It's only a forum full of clueless mugs bumping their gums about a subject they can't understand.

We were only ever a Siggy and Llorente sale away from freshening things up and kicking on again.....

I think the biggest mug on here is YOU.
Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 20:03 - Aug 27 with 1805 viewsawayjack

Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 19:19 - Aug 27 by Dewi1jack

Confident we'll stay up, but only if our 1st team doesn't get anylong term injuries or many suspensions.
Don't think we'll have a decent cup run this year.
Although if PC wants a Cup and on the showing at a moved Wimbledon he does, then fine.

Normally I'm up for a mid table finish and winning a cup, but don't think that's at all possible with the signings we've made and the squad in general.
Which IMHO, is as weak as when we came up

Yup if we do bring in 3 rumoured signings and a quality loan, we'll compete in bottom 6. If we only bring bring in Bony / Arias, sell Llorente and have usual injuries other PL teams plan for, we'll struggle. Brighton and Palace look poor but other relegation teams - Huddersfield, Burnley, Newcastle and Watford all have plenty of goals. Another tough relegation fight. Hope I'm wrong but our squad doesn't have quality / depth for anything more.
Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 21:59 - Aug 27 with 1627 viewsJethroJack

Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 19:19 - Aug 27 by jack247

Agonising?

I'm just stating I don't think the squad isn't strong enough, although the first team is. If there's no point in having opinions there's no point having a forum.

....I don't think the squad isn't strong enough.....?
Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 23:29 - Aug 27 with 1510 viewsJethroJack

Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 19:20 - Aug 27 by TheResurrection

No need to get so upset because I said I wasn't listening to you 😁
When someone bangs on so much in such a repetitive way like you, most people just switch off, especially when its all bollox 😝
Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 06:56 - Aug 28 with 1355 viewsjack247

Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 21:59 - Aug 27 by JethroJack

....I don't think the squad isn't strong enough.....?

Auto-type on my phone. I don't think the squad is strong enough.

We wouldn't have brought on Fulton against Southampton, Routledge and Narsingh as game changers against Man United and McBurnie 3 times if it was.
Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 07:50 - Aug 28 with 1293 viewsScfc2017

Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 19:18 - Aug 27 by jack247

Do you need to be Nostradamus?

We've got a fully fit squad at the moment bar Llorente, Bartley and Ki (I think). Look at the bench we had at Palace. Do you think the starting eleven will last all season?

How can we have a fully fit squad, when as you say Llorente, Ki, Bartley are out ? . You also forgot Montero and Dyer.

So players that didn't start at Palace are all the those mentioned above, plus Britton, Routledge, Rangel, Mesa , Fulton and Narsingh. Certainly plenty of experience there. Hopefully a couple of new face this week and i certainly think, the squad is strong enough.
Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 08:02 - Aug 28 with 1262 viewsjack247

Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 07:50 - Aug 28 by Scfc2017

How can we have a fully fit squad, when as you say Llorente, Ki, Bartley are out ? . You also forgot Montero and Dyer.

So players that didn't start at Palace are all the those mentioned above, plus Britton, Routledge, Rangel, Mesa , Fulton and Narsingh. Certainly plenty of experience there. Hopefully a couple of new face this week and i certainly think, the squad is strong enough.

'Bar' means 'apart from'.

Is Montero injured again? He was part of pre season. You're right, I did forget Dyer.

From that list, Britton and Rangel are well into their thirties, Routledge is only going to work if we're playing free flowing football, Narsingh and Fulton are squad fillers at best.

We need players on the bench that can come into the first team and hardly weaken it.
Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 08:12 - Aug 28 with 1234 viewsScfc2017

Only 3 games gone & few days till window ends..... on 08:02 - Aug 28 by jack247

'Bar' means 'apart from'.

Is Montero injured again? He was part of pre season. You're right, I did forget Dyer.

From that list, Britton and Rangel are well into their thirties, Routledge is only going to work if we're playing free flowing football, Narsingh and Fulton are squad fillers at best.

We need players on the bench that can come into the first team and hardly weaken it.

What are you talking about? All the players I mentioned, didn't start at palace, so therefore could at some point could come into the side.

What part of pre season did Montero play in ? Paul Clement has stated he wants to bring in a couple of quality players this week, so if that does happen I'll be more than confident the squad is strong enough.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024