Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Ki Sung-yueng taking the P**s out of Swansea City?? 11:33 - Aug 28 with 6877 viewstheloneranger

Is this guy taking the P**s.

Ki Sung-yueng of Swansea City returned to Korea last week to join training ahead of this week's crucial match against Iran in the final round of Asian qualifiers for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

Ki, who had knee surgery in June after a qualifier against Qatar, had been expected to miss Korea's last two qualifying matches, but turned up Friday unexpectedly in Paju, Gyeonggi Province, where the national team players are preparing for the match against Iran.

"I'm eager to join the team and help keep Korea's hopes of securing a World Cup berth alive," Ki said. "I'm working hard on rehabilitation to get back to my best form," he added.

"Things have changed under the leadership of the new manager. But I still feel a lot of responsibility. I'm not sure if my condition will allow me to play in the remaining two crucial matches, but we will do our best."

An official at the Korea Football Association said, "Ki is still recovering from surgery, so it will be technically difficult for him to play against Iran on Thursday. At the very least, he is determined to play in the away match against Uzbekistan on Sept. 5, so we'll see."

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Is Ki Sung-yueng taking the P**s out of Swansea City?? on 11:35 - Aug 28 with 3622 viewsFlashberryjack

Yes he is.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Is Ki Sung-yueng taking the P**s out of Swansea City?? on 11:42 - Aug 28 with 3558 viewsDewi1jack

Should be a rule that if an injured player joins up with a national team and does further damage, then that national federation is fully liable to the club for all the players bills (medical, wages etc)

But then again,
Ki has been masquerading as a footballer since he joined us

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Is Ki Sung-yueng taking the P**s out of Swansea City?? on 11:42 - Aug 28 with 3557 viewsmonmouth

Then again, maybe he's rehabilitating after knee surgery and we have asked or ok'd him to have some game time as part of that rehab, so that he is ready to play for us earlier.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Is Ki Sung-yueng taking the P**s out of Swansea City?? on 11:45 - Aug 28 with 3524 viewsEasternJack

Cake and eat it.

My understanding is that he's been in Korea since mid May.

Wants to be a national hero/brand by enjoying the status of being a EPL footballer without putting the required effort in.

Another Huw special - this guy's contract is bulletproof, including guaranteed game time (if I recall correctly)

How much did Stoke offer us for him last year?

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Is Ki Sung-yueng taking the P**s out of Swansea City?? on 11:46 - Aug 28 with 3523 viewsEasternJack

Is Ki Sung-yueng taking the P**s out of Swansea City?? on 11:42 - Aug 28 by Dewi1jack

Should be a rule that if an injured player joins up with a national team and does further damage, then that national federation is fully liable to the club for all the players bills (medical, wages etc)

But then again,

It's all insured

Is Ki Sung-yueng taking the P**s out of Swansea City?? on 11:47 - Aug 28 with 3509 viewstheloneranger

Is Ki Sung-yueng taking the P**s out of Swansea City?? on 11:42 - Aug 28 by monmouth

Then again, maybe he's rehabilitating after knee surgery and we have asked or ok'd him to have some game time as part of that rehab, so that he is ready to play for us earlier.

It's a bit lopsided to give a player game time in a World Cup qualifier, what's wrong with time in the U23's?

Is Ki Sung-yueng taking the P**s out of Swansea City?? on 11:52 - Aug 28 with 3453 viewsAl_Bundy

Or on the flipside.. he plays gets through it and is one game nearer getting match fit for us.
Is Ki Sung-yueng taking the P**s out of Swansea City?? on 11:54 - Aug 28 with 3434 viewsmonmouth

Is Ki Sung-yueng taking the P**s out of Swansea City?? on 11:47 - Aug 28 by theloneranger

It's a bit lopsided to give a player game time in a World Cup qualifier, what's wrong with time in the U23's?

It has to have been our call doesn't it? Maybe in consultation with the player, but I'm pretty sure if our medical staff said no, then no it would be, as he would be uninsured. Still, who knows.

We need him to play an important role for us this year. He does strike me as very selfish, but we have to rely on Clement to sort it out.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Is Ki Sung-yueng taking the P**s out of Swansea City?? on 11:58 - Aug 28 with 3399 viewsJackSkellington

Don't actually see this as being any different whatsoever to when Ledley was named as part of the Welsh squad for the Euros last summer. He hadn't played for months due to injury either, but traveled with Wales as an integral squad member with the hope he'd be fit enough to take part in time.

We all knew Ki was due to be getting back to fitness around early September, no conspiracy. There's no way they'll play him if he's not fit or it's dangerous to his rehabilitation.
Is Ki Sung-yueng taking the P**s out of Swansea City?? on 12:10 - Aug 28 with 3311 viewsEasternJack

Is Ki Sung-yueng taking the P**s out of Swansea City?? on 11:58 - Aug 28 by JackSkellington

Don't actually see this as being any different whatsoever to when Ledley was named as part of the Welsh squad for the Euros last summer. He hadn't played for months due to injury either, but traveled with Wales as an integral squad member with the hope he'd be fit enough to take part in time.

We all knew Ki was due to be getting back to fitness around early September, no conspiracy. There's no way they'll play him if he's not fit or it's dangerous to his rehabilitation.

Except that the " turned up Friday unexpectedly in Paju" suggests that he wasn't called up.

What's the odds that we're just happy to claim the insurance on this guy?

Is Ki Sung-yueng taking the P**s out of Swansea City?? on 12:13 - Aug 28 with 3289 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Great news

Be good to have him back in the team because at this moment in time he's the only player with a bit of guile about him.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Is Ki Sung-yueng taking the P**s out of Swansea City?? on 12:24 - Aug 28 with 3211 viewsharryhpalmer

Is Ki Sung-yueng taking the P**s out of Swansea City?? on 12:13 - Aug 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

Great news

Be good to have him back in the team because at this moment in time he's the only player with a bit of guile about him.

He wont be playing.

if you'd been following the story properly, the Korea manager said a couple of weeks ago that he wouldn't be fit for these two qualifiers, but he'd still call him up, because he is their captain, and it is crucial he is there from a leadership perspective.

They have a must win game coming up.

You have to remember that the Korean and Asian cultures are very different to ours. So if he is asked to, he would be honour bound to go as their leader on the pitch.

One would think he has also been given the green light to go by the club as well.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Is Ki Sung-yueng taking the P**s out of Swansea City?? on 12:34 - Aug 28 with 3120 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Is Ki Sung-yueng taking the P**s out of Swansea City?? on 12:13 - Aug 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

Great news

Yes he has lots of guile, he uses it to avoid making tackles and putting himself on the line.
He has always put is National Team before Swansea CFC.
Is Ki Sung-yueng taking the P**s out of Swansea City?? on 12:37 - Aug 28 with 3092 viewsJFSwan

It's like the opposite of the Giggs effect. Injured for Wales but would play for Utd
Is Ki Sung-yueng taking the P**s out of Swansea City?? on 12:42 - Aug 28 with 3048 viewsBanosswan

Maybe he's been kidnapped by kiisgod.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Is Ki Sung-yueng taking the P**s out of Swansea City?? on 12:48 - Aug 28 with 3010 viewsswancity

Is Ki Sung-yueng taking the P**s out of Swansea City?? on 11:42 - Aug 28 by Dewi1jack

But then again,

Was our player of the year for a reason. Has all the attributes needed but needs to get fit and ready soon.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Is Ki Sung-yueng taking the P**s out of Swansea City?? on 12:50 - Aug 28 with 2988 viewspencoedjack

Great news

I concur Tom
Is Ki Sung-yueng taking the P**s out of Swansea City?? on 13:03 - Aug 28 with 2919 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Is Ki Sung-yueng taking the P**s out of Swansea City?? on 12:48 - Aug 28 by swancity

Was our player of the year for a reason. Has all the attributes needed but needs to get fit and ready soon.

Yes and did very little thereafter.
He needs to get back to that "player of the year" standard.
Is Ki Sung-yueng taking the P**s out of Swansea City?? on 13:08 - Aug 28 with 2895 viewsjackforever

There was me thinking he was a massive part of our firm at the end of last season.
Is Ki Sung-yueng taking the P**s out of Swansea City?? on 13:14 - Aug 28 with 2859 viewsSwanseaisgreat

Plus side : makes it much less likely he will be sold in this window?.
Is Ki Sung-yueng taking the P**s out of Swansea City?? on 13:14 - Aug 28 with 2859 viewsN_T_J

He was playing funny buggers with Celtic before we signed him. So he has form.
Is Ki Sung-yueng taking the P**s out of Swansea City?? on 13:35 - Aug 28 with 2764 viewsSwan91

Is Ki Sung-yueng taking the P**s out of Swansea City?? on 12:10 - Aug 28 by EasternJack

Except that the " turned up Friday unexpectedly in Paju" suggests that he wasn't called up.

What's the odds that we're just happy to claim the insurance on this guy?

Actually over 1 month ago the korean manager said he will call up Ki even if he is injured because he is the captain and would need to be there to help morale and give confidence to the other players... so this isn't some strange unexpected thing.. they also called up the totenham player even though he is recovering from injury for the exact same reason.. have their best players there to give confidence and just incase some miracle happens and they recover faster.

he won't play.. its more of an image thing. and I am sure he was given permission by the club.. also he hasn't been staying out here (in Korea) the whole time.. he did go back to the swansea ground after the pre season tour to have his recovery checked on and report to the club. So pretty much looking for a reason to hate on the guy. Like others have said.. similar to Ledley..
[Post edited 28 Aug 2017 13:36]
Is Ki Sung-yueng taking the P**s out of Swansea City?? on 14:08 - Aug 28 with 2611 viewsjasper_T

Bunch of dramaqueens. There's no conspiracy to defraud poor Swansea City. They said ages ago he'd get a call up, and his recovery was always expected to be at around this time.

Has been a good player for us as often as a poor one, but some very short memories on here about those times. More often than not was our best midfielder when he started games last season.
Is Ki Sung-yueng taking the P**s out of Swansea City?? on 14:16 - Aug 28 with 2575 viewsawayjack

Is Ki Sung-yueng taking the P**s out of Swansea City?? on 14:08 - Aug 28 by jasper_T

Bunch of dramaqueens. There's no conspiracy to defraud poor Swansea City. They said ages ago he'd get a call up, and his recovery was always expected to be at around this time.

Has been a good player for us as often as a poor one, but some very short memories on here about those times. More often than not was our best midfielder when he started games last season.

Not the most compete midfielder wigh poor defence, but adds a lot of creativity, as shown in one great season for us and another for Sunderland. Last season played well in patches but more injury as he ages. PV rates him so, depending on who we sign next three days, he'll have role to play Thai season.
Is Ki Sung-yueng taking the P**s out of Swansea City?? on 14:18 - Aug 28 with 2561 viewstheloneranger

Is Ki Sung-yueng taking the P**s out of Swansea City?? on 13:14 - Aug 28 by N_T_J

He was playing funny buggers with Celtic before we signed him. So he has form.

Swans left him go 2 games before the end of the season so that he could do his National Service.

He ends up playing 2 games for South Korea, and is late doing his service.

When he eventually does his service he then misses alot of the Swans pre season.

He's got no respect for the league teams he plays for only South Korea. Laudrup worked him out from the start.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024