Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Llorente to Chelsea 13:06 - Aug 29 with 10608 viewsawayjack

Various media reports we've reduced our demands to allow deal to complete pre deadline day. If true we're happy to accommodate sales, but always offer way below demands for buying players. Not sure if it's plan for big profits or Huw being as crap at poker style negotiations as he is as DOF.
Llorente to Chelsea on 13:15 - Aug 29 with 3930 viewsE20Jack

This deal unfortunately simply had to happen, he did a job for us last season and he should go with our blessing. Keeping him made no sense at all for a club like us when the length of his contract is measured in months. Bony will almost certainly be the replacement and will be a pretty nice result.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Llorente to Chelsea on 13:18 - Aug 29 with 3878 viewsmajorraglan

He's a good player, but to be honest I always thought that the figures quoted were on the high side and unrealistic. I seem to recall reading £15m, £20m and then £30m being bandied about which is a hell of a lot of money for a player who is 33 next February and in the last year of his contract.

If SC was a big rich club, they could dig in and wait, but it looks like they need money coming in to be able to fund purchases (not sure where the GS cash has gone though!) and time is running out.
Llorente to Chelsea on 13:26 - Aug 29 with 3797 viewsPrivate_Partz

Llorente to Chelsea on 13:18 - Aug 29 by majorraglan

He's a good player, but to be honest I always thought that the figures quoted were on the high side and unrealistic. I seem to recall reading £15m, £20m and then £30m being bandied about which is a hell of a lot of money for a player who is 33 next February and in the last year of his contract.

If SC was a big rich club, they could dig in and wait, but it looks like they need money coming in to be able to fund purchases (not sure where the GS cash has gone though!) and time is running out.

Well if the GS money has not come through then the alleged Llorente money will certainly not arrive in time.
If this deal goes through we are right royally effed. It will take time to get Llorente up to speed. Even longer, if ever, to get Bony there.
I am certainly a glass empty bloke at the mo. I can see Llorente going and not signing Bony thereby trousering the cash. After all Tammy and Jordan looked good at Palace........

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Llorente to Chelsea on 13:42 - Aug 29 with 3693 viewsKinsey

Llorente to Chelsea on 13:26 - Aug 29 by Private_Partz

Well if the GS money has not come through then the alleged Llorente money will certainly not arrive in time.
If this deal goes through we are right royally effed. It will take time to get Llorente up to speed. Even longer, if ever, to get Bony there.
I am certainly a glass empty bloke at the mo. I can see Llorente going and not signing Bony thereby trousering the cash. After all Tammy and Jordan looked good at Palace........

If llorente goes, they can have my ST back!
Llorente to Chelsea on 14:00 - Aug 29 with 3494 viewsE20Jack

Llorente to Chelsea on 13:42 - Aug 29 by Kinsey

I would say its close to a certainty. Genuinely.

Llorente to Chelsea on 14:07 - Aug 29 with 3430 viewsswan65split

Whether its 15 mill or less.......what a gamble to save x amount , small potatoes to 45 mill and lose our Prem status .......when PS are flooding the internet with our big day 30 odd years ago, another 30 years maybe before we would get back, ah well think small get feck all.
Llorente to Chelsea on 14:17 - Aug 29 with 3349 viewsE20Jack

Llorente to Chelsea on 14:07 - Aug 29 by swan65split

Whether its 15 mill or less.......what a gamble to save x amount , small potatoes to 45 mill and lose our Prem status .......when PS are flooding the internet with our big day 30 odd years ago, another 30 years maybe before we would get back, ah well think small get feck all.

Its about a long term plan. No good staying up this year if as a resukt you dont have the resources to compete the year after.

A third of the Gylfi money has gone and the other two thirds I would assume is earmarked elsewhere, including a pot for January. If Llorente stays and then leaves next year on a free. Tammy also goes back to Chelsea we are in a position where we have Ollie McBurnie up-front and not much money to get a quality striker in with (a position getting increasingly expensive).

It makes much more sense to essentiall stop that from happening by swapping him for Bony and putting Bony on a contract measured in years rather than months in Llorente's case.

It is a far greater risk to our PL lifecycle to keep him.

Llorente to Chelsea on 14:22 - Aug 29 with 3310 viewsMrSwerve

Why do I get the feeling that Llorente will leave on deadline day and the Bony transfer will fall through...

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Login to get fewer ads

Llorente to Chelsea on 14:23 - Aug 29 with 3301 viewskarnataka

Llorente to Chelsea on 14:22 - Aug 29 by MrSwerve

Why do I get the feeling that Llorente will leave on deadline day and the Bony transfer will fall through...

I think it's something to do with the track record of the club you support.
Llorente to Chelsea on 14:24 - Aug 29 with 3289 viewsLohengrin

Because this is Swansea?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Llorente to Chelsea on 14:25 - Aug 29 with 3272 viewsAnotherJohn

There are not many 15 goal EPL strikers floating around at sub £25 m prices. Okay. Llorente is on a short contract, but this seems a crazy deal to me. The optimists think somebody who managed 2 goals last season is going to fill the void and hit the ground running. I'm losing faith by the day.
Llorente to Chelsea on 14:32 - Aug 29 with 3190 viewsKennedy

How many goals did Llorente score with his head?

Just call me JFK

Llorente to Chelsea on 14:34 - Aug 29 with 3159 viewsMo_Wives

And the official website will announce he's signed an hour after the deal falls through.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Llorente to Chelsea on 14:35 - Aug 29 with 3147 viewslonglostjack

Llorente to Chelsea on 14:25 - Aug 29 by AnotherJohn

There are not many 15 goal EPL strikers floating around at sub £25 m prices. Okay. Llorente is on a short contract, but this seems a crazy deal to me. The optimists think somebody who managed 2 goals last season is going to fill the void and hit the ground running. I'm losing faith by the day.

Seconded. This transfer window so far has a distinct whiff of boosting the balance sheet for a sale in the not too distant future. Hopefully that whiff has disappeared by Friday morning.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Llorente to Chelsea on 14:35 - Aug 29 with 3128 viewsLandore_Jack

Llorente to Chelsea on 14:25 - Aug 29 by AnotherJohn

Same here. I don't think Bony is good enough to replace Llorente. Surely, we can find a better replacement?

#backtojack

Llorente to Chelsea on 14:43 - Aug 29 with 3051 viewsE20Jack

Llorente to Chelsea on 14:35 - Aug 29 by Landore_Jack

Same here. I don't think Bony is good enough to replace Llorente. Surely, we can find a better replacement?

Its either Bony this year to replace him, or a free transfer next year to repace him. A genuine free transfer too not an Ayew or Gomis £17m "free transfer". I know what I woukd be picking.

...Unless of course we break the back of the side and sell someone like Mawson and get a cheaper defender to replace him and use the rest (probably still around £15m) to bring in a striker. But we will essentially be in the same position as we face now, but with a downgraded defence to boot.

Llorente to Chelsea on 14:43 - Aug 29 with 3046 viewsraynor94

Bony coming in, always depending on Llorente going out, whether that's the correct decision, only time will tell, me I'd take the gamble seeing Llorente could sign pre contract in January with somebody else

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Llorente to Chelsea on 14:56 - Aug 29 with 2947 viewssnork44

Llorente to Chelsea on 14:43 - Aug 29 by raynor94

Bony coming in, always depending on Llorente going out, whether that's the correct decision, only time will tell, me I'd take the gamble seeing Llorente could sign pre contract in January with somebody else

Good grief it is obvious even Bony doesn't want come back here, if he wanted first team football he'd be back like a shot. He is on a fantastic wedge at Citeh and he knows Huw being the tightwad he is will offer the minimum in wages. We have form for this kind of balls up and it will happen again, we'll sell Llorente at 11:59 pm on Thursday night and fail to get any sort of replacement in.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Llorente to Chelsea on 15:00 - Aug 29 with 2905 viewsawayjack

Llorente to Chelsea on 14:35 - Aug 29 by longlostjack

Seconded. This transfer window so far has a distinct whiff of boosting the balance sheet for a sale in the not too distant future. Hopefully that whiff has disappeared by Friday morning.

Yup. Huge profit on player sales and big profit from wage cuts and sky money. All smacks of rumoured exit next season based on windfall profits. What I don't get is we've delayed both Siggy and Llorente deals without increasing amounts but give no time for replacements. Do people honestly believe Bony is better than lorrente on current form?
Llorente to Chelsea on 15:12 - Aug 29 with 2798 viewspencoedjack

Llorente to Chelsea on 13:42 - Aug 29 by Kinsey

Id go & buy a stamp & envelope Kinsey
Llorente to Chelsea on 15:13 - Aug 29 with 2789 viewsmax936

Llorente to Chelsea on 14:43 - Aug 29 by raynor94

Why not offer Llorente a new better contract, the old all singing and dancing Bony would be great, but is that old Bony still there, that's the worry.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Llorente to Chelsea on 15:16 - Aug 29 with 2755 viewspencoedjack

Llorente to Chelsea on 15:13 - Aug 29 by max936

Why not offer Llorente a new better contract, the old all singing and dancing Bony would be great, but is that old Bony still there, that's the worry.

Problem is age Max .... How long is Llorente going to be able to play top flight football ?

I also have my doubts about the old Wilf coming back but I'm hoping he has some fire in his belly to prove Man City / Stoke wrong.
Llorente to Chelsea on 15:17 - Aug 29 with 2755 viewsraynor94

Llorente to Chelsea on 15:13 - Aug 29 by max936

I think Llorente is happy to move on, I'd love him to stay longer, but Chelsea CL football is a big pull

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Llorente to Chelsea on 15:20 - Aug 29 with 2720 viewsmax936

Llorente to Chelsea on 15:17 - Aug 29 by raynor94

I think Llorente is happy to move on, I'd love him to stay longer, but Chelsea CL football is a big pull

The owners are happy for him to go as well no doubt, it'll mean a few more bottles of Moet next time they're over.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Llorente to Chelsea on 15:22 - Aug 29 with 2691 viewsWarwickHunt

Llorente to Chelsea on 14:56 - Aug 29 by snork44

Good grief it is obvious even Bony doesn't want come back here, if he wanted first team football he'd be back like a shot. He is on a fantastic wedge at Citeh and he knows Huw being the tightwad he is will offer the minimum in wages. We have form for this kind of balls up and it will happen again, we'll sell Llorente at 11:59 pm on Thursday night and fail to get any sort of replacement in.

We've got Ollie "Socks" McBurnie, mun.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024