Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Borja or Bony ? 19:45 - Aug 31 with 1899 viewsLoyal

Who would you rather have this season because that's how it's worked out.
The club knew Llorente was off and concocted the lengthy injury ( not saying he wasn't injured for the few who don't get it ) so Tammy replaced him.

For me it's Bony. But could we have gone with Borja and given him the old arm round the shoulder thing ? Not sure we have the inclination to work that hard with a player.

Bony for me was a known entity, another 15 million ( instead of Bony based on Borja's failure ) on a foreign untested striker was too much of a gamble for Jenkins, not sure the yanks would have been happy.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2017 19:48]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Borja or Bony ? on 19:49 - Aug 31 with 1861 viewsDr_Winston

Someone said the other day that Bony could be the key that unlocks everything else, and I'd go along with that.

Even if he's not as prolific as he was first time around, his strength, hold up play and awareness of those around him can't have diminished that much. The prospect of players like Abraham and Ayew running off him with Sanches, Clucas, Fer and others behind is a tantalising one.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Borja or Bony ? on 19:50 - Aug 31 with 1842 viewsFlashberryjack

Borja needed a little more than an arm around his shoulder.....more like a good boot up his arris.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Borja or Bony ? on 20:02 - Aug 31 with 1767 viewsjack247

Borja or Bony ? on 19:49 - Aug 31 by Dr_Winston

Someone said the other day that Bony could be the key that unlocks everything else, and I'd go along with that.

Even if he's not as prolific as he was first time around, his strength, hold up play and awareness of those around him can't have diminished that much. The prospect of players like Abraham and Ayew running off him with Sanches, Clucas, Fer and others behind is a tantalising one.

Absolutely. He won't score as many as he did last time round. Tammy and Ayew will get a lot more chances than they have been used to with us. Suddenly they will have a big man dragging defenders away and threading clever through balls for them to run onto. Sanches is going to make those lung busting runs to get up and support him quickly. All three will benefit from more time and space with him in the team.

He created a lot of chances when he predominantly had Siggy behind him and Dyer and Routs outside. Tammy, Ayew and Sanches are more likely to exploit them IMO.
Borja or Bony ? on 20:04 - Aug 31 with 1750 viewsJackflack

Borja or Bony ? on 20:02 - Aug 31 by jack247

Absolutely. He won't score as many as he did last time round. Tammy and Ayew will get a lot more chances than they have been used to with us. Suddenly they will have a big man dragging defenders away and threading clever through balls for them to run onto. Sanches is going to make those lung busting runs to get up and support him quickly. All three will benefit from more time and space with him in the team.

He created a lot of chances when he predominantly had Siggy behind him and Dyer and Routs outside. Tammy, Ayew and Sanches are more likely to exploit them IMO.

Bony back on the penalties?

Lets be nice, we're all newbees on here.

Borja or Bony ? on 20:05 - Aug 31 with 1748 viewsDr_Winston

Borja or Bony ? on 20:02 - Aug 31 by jack247

He'll be the Bayo Akinfenwa to Abraham's Lee Trundle...

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Borja or Bony ? on 20:05 - Aug 31 with 1740 viewsjack247

Borja or Bony ? on 20:04 - Aug 31 by Jackflack

Bony back on the penalties?

Probably. And on heading corners away
Borja or Bony ? on 20:07 - Aug 31 with 1703 viewsjasper_T

Keeping Borja would have been cheaper and we're going to end up playing Tammy & Ayew up top eventually even if we buy Bony.
Borja or Bony ? on 20:07 - Aug 31 with 1703 viewsjack247

Borja or Bony ? on 20:05 - Aug 31 by Dr_Winston

He'll be the Bayo Akinfenwa to Abraham's Lee Trundle...

Or the Emile Heskey to pretty much anyone Heskey played alongside.

Seriously though, I think his creativity gets overlooked. He is a dream for whoever is playing behind his m.
Login to get fewer ads

Borja or Bony ? on 20:21 - Aug 31 with 1612 viewsSgorioFruit

Borja who?

Point made.

End of conversation.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Borja or Bony ? on 20:26 - Aug 31 with 1563 viewsheadcleaner

Bony is the easy fix. If true (I'll take it with a pinch of salt) but the guy from sky down the Liberty did say that Bony preferred the move to Spain but man city refused the loan and wanted the sale so told him Swansea not Spain. If things don't start well might we have a player who isn't interested and doesn't want to be here. Would be great if he returned and was up for the challenge and started where he left us.

I'd still like to know what the club plans on doing with the siggy money? seems to have been mislaid.
Borja or Bony ? on 20:27 - Aug 31 with 1555 viewsEasternJack

Borja or Bony ? on 20:21 - Aug 31 by SgorioFruit

Borja who?

Point made.

End of conversation.

Can't argue with that.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Borja or Bony ? on 20:35 - Aug 31 with 1505 viewsJokeren1943

Swanseas survival now depend on a rookie with no Premier League experience and a former player who hasn't score in the PL in the last 2 seasons (and will most likely need a half season to get in shape). I think it will work (and our young striker look great) but the reality is only time will show.

Going to be an interesting season.
Borja or Bony ? on 20:46 - Aug 31 with 1419 viewsWxmJax

Borja or Bony ? on 20:26 - Aug 31 by headcleaner

Bony is the easy fix. If true (I'll take it with a pinch of salt) but the guy from sky down the Liberty did say that Bony preferred the move to Spain but man city refused the loan and wanted the sale so told him Swansea not Spain. If things don't start well might we have a player who isn't interested and doesn't want to be here. Would be great if he returned and was up for the challenge and started where he left us.

I'd still like to know what the club plans on doing with the siggy money? seems to have been mislaid.

Verona is in Italy by the way, not Spain. You're probably getting it mixed up with Barverona.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Borja or Bony ? on 20:51 - Aug 31 with 1386 viewsjack2jack

Bony thanks,let's hope he comes back kicks some ass.Lets not right him off just yet.
Borja or Bony ? on 21:43 - Aug 31 with 1240 viewsDr_Winston

Borja or Bony ? on 20:35 - Aug 31 by Jokeren1943

Swanseas survival now depend on a rookie with no Premier League experience and a former player who hasn't score in the PL in the last 2 seasons (and will most likely need a half season to get in shape). I think it will work (and our young striker look great) but the reality is only time will show.

Going to be an interesting season.

Bony's scored eight league goals in 24 starts in the last two seasons. A respectable one in three ratio.

Borja or Bony ? on 21:48 - Aug 31 with 1168 viewsdobjack2

Borja or Bony ? on 21:43 - Aug 31 by Dr_Winston

Bony's scored eight league goals in 24 starts in the last two seasons. A respectable one in three ratio.

But how many were against us.
Borja or Bony ? on 21:56 - Aug 31 with 1125 viewsGaryjack

To late for Borja, whatever went on he's done here. Good striker, so i would love to know what went down, though i guess we never will. My hunch is that Guido wanted to edge him in, Bradley fvcked his head up and by the time Clement came he was a busted flush and just wanted to go home.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2017 21:59]
Borja or Bony ? on 22:36 - Aug 31 with 1024 viewsLoyal

Borja or Bony ? on 21:56 - Aug 31 by Garyjack

To late for Borja, whatever went on he's done here. Good striker, so i would love to know what went down, though i guess we never will. My hunch is that Guido wanted to edge him in, Bradley fvcked his head up and by the time Clement came he was a busted flush and just wanted to go home.

If thats the case he needs a slap.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Borja or Bony ? on 22:46 - Aug 31 with 956 viewsjasper_T

Borja or Bony ? on 22:36 - Aug 31 by Loyal

We're a joke of a club behind the scenes, if someone's not playing why the fck would they want to stay here?
Borja or Bony ? on 22:47 - Aug 31 with 949 viewsGaryjack

Borja or Bony ? on 22:36 - Aug 31 by Loyal

Maybe, but the money their on, the poor fvckers are only one step away from a nervous breakdown.
Borja or Bony ? on 22:48 - Aug 31 with 924 viewsLoyal

Borja or Bony ? on 22:47 - Aug 31 by Garyjack

Maybe, but the money their on, the poor fvckers are only one step away from a nervous breakdown.

Yeah, it's a quandary for the poor little chaps.

Borja or Bony ? on 22:50 - Aug 31 with 894 viewsLoyal

Borja or Bony ? on 22:46 - Aug 31 by jasper_T

We're a joke of a club behind the scenes, if someone's not playing why the fck would they want to stay here?

Not as daft as that Leicester players liaison bloke ( apparently that's a job ) running about with papers in his hand on sky sports news.
The game is run by some right fcking imbeciles for sure.

Borja or Bony ? on 22:52 - Aug 31 with 881 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Borja or Bony ? on 21:56 - Aug 31 by Garyjack

I think he was never suited to our style and that wasn't his fault but, as it became apparent that he was a fish out of water he looked to me that he stopped trying and for that he needs a kick up the arse.

I don't know about Borja or Bony. I think he may have been effective playing with Bony.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Borja or Bony ? on 22:56 - Aug 31 with 860 viewsdobjack2

Borja or Bony ? on 22:52 - Aug 31 by Joe_bradshaw

I think he was never suited to our style and that wasn't his fault but, as it became apparent that he was a fish out of water he looked to me that he stopped trying and for that he needs a kick up the arse.

I don't know about Borja or Bony. I think he may have been effective playing with Bony.

That may have been a better role for baston.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024