Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Llorente saga 19:49 - Aug 31 with 7138 viewsKinsey

Ok, I'm a big llorente fan so a little possibly biased, but I see no value in selling such an asset to our club.

I understand what some have said about his value in a years time, but what's bony going to be worth at that same time.

I think it's absolutely ridiculous.

Selling a race horse and replacing with a donkey!
[Post edited 31 Aug 2017 19:49]
Llorente saga on 19:51 - Aug 31 with 2512 viewsLoyal

It wasn't a saga, it was a manufactured sale by the club with the player fully aware of the situation. Nothing that can be done, it has to be accepted, and maybe next time people won't be so gullible.
Injured for 9 weeks 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Llorente saga on 19:52 - Aug 31 with 2471 viewsAl_Bundy

Llorente saga on 19:51 - Aug 31 by Loyal

It wasn't a saga, it was a manufactured sale by the club with the player fully aware of the situation. Nothing that can be done, it has to be accepted, and maybe next time people won't be so gullible.
Injured for 9 weeks 😂

Llorente reported his arm sling fell off at Leigh Delamare services today.
Llorente saga on 19:53 - Aug 31 with 2457 viewsTummer_from_Texas

"I understand what some have said about his value in a years time, but what's bony going to be worth at that same time."

Considering Llorente's contract would be up in a year and he could leave us for free at that time, I'm sure Bony will be worth more.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Llorente saga on 19:54 - Aug 31 with 2446 viewsJackflack

I like you Kinsey but what a load of tosh.
A donkey??? Ffs

Lets be nice, we're all newbees on here.

Llorente saga on 19:54 - Aug 31 with 2440 viewsE20Jack

Bony will be worth more than £0 in a years time.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Llorente saga on 19:54 - Aug 31 with 2438 viewsexiledclaseboy

He's out of contract next year so can go for nothing. He probably won't fit into our evolving playing style as well as he did last year now that Siggurdsson has gone. He wanted to go. Presumably we were happy,for him to go. We've got a hungry, up and coming striker and a proven Premier League replacement who's knows the club and the city. Everyone's a winner baby, that's the truth (that's the truth).
[Post edited 31 Aug 2017 19:55]

Poll: Tory leader

Llorente saga on 19:56 - Aug 31 with 2396 viewsjack247

Regardless of what Bony is worth in a years time, he will still be our player and as long as he is playing well enough, we won't have to spend £15-20m to replace him.
Llorente saga on 20:01 - Aug 31 with 2321 viewsFireboy2

Llorente saga on 19:56 - Aug 31 by jack247

Regardless of what Bony is worth in a years time, he will still be our player and as long as he is playing well enough, we won't have to spend £15-20m to replace him.

That's exactly what it's all about scoring goals to get us as far up he table as possible and ultimately to keep us from being relegated

Plus Bony is more suited to PC's game plan than llorente
Login to get fewer ads

Llorente saga on 20:01 - Aug 31 with 2304 viewsKinsey

Llorente saga on 20:01 - Aug 31 by Fireboy2

That's exactly what it's all about scoring goals to get us as far up he table as possible and ultimately to keep us from being relegated

Well if bony sticks in 15 goals, I'll eat my words.
Llorente saga on 20:02 - Aug 31 with 2287 viewsTheResurrection

During both of their times with us Bony was twice the all round player Llorente was.

Yeah, Llorente scored some great headers and he's a genuinely likeable character, but his game is limited and suited to coming off the bench, NOT being involved in the process of constructing quick passing moves to create chances.

Llorente won't get anything like the 15 he had last season, had he stayed with us or at Spurs or Chelsea.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Llorente saga on 20:04 - Aug 31 with 2262 viewsJackflack

Llorente saga on 20:01 - Aug 31 by Kinsey

Bookmarked.
Just because you love Llorente, no need to take it out on Bony.

Lets be nice, we're all newbees on here.

Llorente saga on 20:05 - Aug 31 with 2240 viewsjack247

Llorente saga on 20:01 - Aug 31 by Fireboy2

I was coming more from the angle that even if Bony is worth next to nothing this time next year, we can still play him, whereas Llorente would almost certainly have walked and needed replacing.

I'm not sure Bony will get more goals than Llorente did last season, but I'm confident we will score more as a team.
Llorente saga on 20:05 - Aug 31 with 2239 viewsKinsey

Llorente saga on 20:04 - Aug 31 by Jackflack

Bookmarked.
Just because you love Llorente, no need to take it out on Bony.

Hahaha I'll expect you to hold me to this!
Llorente saga on 20:07 - Aug 31 with 2212 viewsFireboy2

Llorente saga on 20:01 - Aug 31 by Kinsey

I suspect the goals will be shared about this season rather than having to rely on llorente and siggy
Llorente saga on 20:09 - Aug 31 with 2177 viewsGaryjack

Llorente saga on 19:56 - Aug 31 by jack247

Llorente had to be sold at this stage as simple as that. But replacing him with Bony is a massive mistake, and yes if we stay up we will have to shell out next season to replace him just as we would if Llorente had stayed. And i'm not going to be one of those that try to cover their arses by saying "I hope he proves me wrong and he's a great success" blah blah de blah, because i honestly don't think he will be. In saying that, I hope he proves me wrong and he's a great success.
Llorente saga on 20:13 - Aug 31 with 2113 viewsKinsey

Llorente saga on 20:09 - Aug 31 by Garyjack

Llorente had to be sold at this stage as simple as that. But replacing him with Bony is a massive mistake, and yes if we stay up we will have to shell out next season to replace him just as we would if Llorente had stayed. And i'm not going to be one of those that try to cover their arses by saying "I hope he proves me wrong and he's a great success" blah blah de blah, because i honestly don't think he will be. In saying that, I hope he proves me wrong and he's a great success.

Agreed, we will have to spend to replace bony next season, but surely, llorente, would be more game ready than bony who's done p155 all for the last 2 years.
Llorente saga on 20:19 - Aug 31 with 2038 viewsjack247

Llorente saga on 20:09 - Aug 31 by Garyjack

I think he will prove you wrong to be honest Gar. He is going to be surrounded by fast players who can feed off his strength and through balls. He may not get 15 goals, but I can almost guarantee Tammy will look twice the player he has so far. Ayew and Sanches are going to get chances too. My only real concern is how long it takes them all to get on the same wavelength.
Llorente saga on 20:23 - Aug 31 with 1975 viewsKinsey

"My only real concern is how long it takes them all to get on the same wavelength"

Exactly, time we don't really have and in my opinion, worth a potential £15m loss.
Llorente saga on 20:24 - Aug 31 with 1960 viewsGaryjack

Llorente saga on 20:19 - Aug 31 by jack247

I think he will prove you wrong to be honest Gar. He is going to be surrounded by fast players who can feed off his strength and through balls. He may not get 15 goals, but I can almost guarantee Tammy will look twice the player he has so far. Ayew and Sanches are going to get chances too. My only real concern is how long it takes them all to get on the same wavelength.

Bony wanted to go to Verona last night Tim, if he was totally committed to coming here, then i may share a bit of the optimism!
Llorente saga on 20:25 - Aug 31 with 1937 viewsJackfath

Is Llorente going to Spurs or Chelsea? Is Bony defo on his way here?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Llorente saga on 20:28 - Aug 31 with 1890 viewsGaryjack

Llorente saga on 20:25 - Aug 31 by Jackfath

Llorente is going to Verona because Man City wouldn't let Bony go there, and Bony is going to Chelsea and Spurs on a share deal is what i'm hearing.
Llorente saga on 20:29 - Aug 31 with 1879 viewsJackfath

Llorente saga on 20:28 - Aug 31 by Garyjack

Llorente is going to Verona because Man City wouldn't let Bony go there, and Bony is going to Chelsea and Spurs on a share deal is what i'm hearing.

Sounds like a plan to me.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Llorente saga on 20:30 - Aug 31 with 1853 viewsmonmouth

Llorente saga on 20:25 - Aug 31 by Jackfath

I honestly thought I'd missed the transfer confirmation. Why is everyone talking like it's done?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Llorente saga on 20:33 - Aug 31 with 1810 viewsEasternJack

Llorente saga on 20:30 - Aug 31 by monmouth

I honestly thought I'd missed the transfer confirmation. Why is everyone talking like it's done?

Fee, contract and medical done for Bony

Fee and medical tone for Llorente at Spurs. Delay was with Chelsea who have not agreed to match Spurs offer. Llorente now finalising contract with Spurs

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Llorente saga on 20:35 - Aug 31 with 1770 viewsexiledclaseboy

If Llorente deal falls through, Bony stays at City and Llorente stays here.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024