Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well that's it then. 23:09 - Aug 31 with 8023 viewsGaryjack

£34m surplus in transfer fees, and half of you have creamed your knickers!

I'm out. xxx
Well that's it then. on 23:13 - Aug 31 with 5542 viewsHugeEnkins

Thank fck you were here, Mun. No one else h ad even thought about the negatives. Fair play, Mun. You're a quick thinker, aren't you?
Well that's it then. on 23:14 - Aug 31 with 5477 viewsLoyal

Well that's it then. on 23:13 - Aug 31 by HugeEnkins

Thank fck you were here, Mun. No one else h ad even thought about the negatives. Fair play, Mun. You're a quick thinker, aren't you?

Ok, but how the fck did he know I was wearing knickers tonight ?
Weird ....

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Well that's it then. on 23:20 - Aug 31 with 5382 viewsr0ckin

The worst thing is that he has a point.

Sanches is a genuinely superb acquisition. Bony is classic swansea nostalgia to appease the fanbase.

Peace

Well that's it then. on 23:21 - Aug 31 with 5350 viewswhoflungdung

Didn't pick blackberries today .oh no

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Well that's it then. on 23:21 - Aug 31 with 5346 viewsGaryjack

Well that's it then. on 23:13 - Aug 31 by HugeEnkins

Don't be a cock. Just say " Yes Master Garyjack, i agree" 100 lines by Monday morning ok!
Well that's it then. on 23:22 - Aug 31 with 5313 viewsHugeEnkins

Well that's it then. on 23:14 - Aug 31 by Loyal

Ok, but how the fck did he know I was wearing knickers tonight ?
Weird ....

Little pickers wear bigger knickers.
Well that's it then. on 23:27 - Aug 31 with 5215 viewsacejack3065

32 year old Llorente sold at a profit and replaced with Wilf who tore up trees for us. Siggy wanted to go and we've got the most expensive player to ever put on a swans shirt to fill in for him for a year.

Before today we were possibly going to be overpaying for Oliviera and Chadli. Good business is good business.
Well that's it then. on 23:28 - Aug 31 with 5182 viewsGaryjack

Well that's it then. on 23:22 - Aug 31 by HugeEnkins

Little pickers wear bigger knickers.

Well stop picking then!
Login to get fewer ads

Well that's it then. on 23:29 - Aug 31 with 5164 viewswhoflungdung

Both new players are gambles

Many others are

An interesting winter beckons

Christmas cards in shops already

Well that's it then. on 23:30 - Aug 31 with 5131 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Well that's it then. on 23:29 - Aug 31 by whoflungdung

Both new players are gambles

Many others are

An interesting winter beckons

Christmas cards in shops already

What? Like Routledge???

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Well that's it then. on 23:32 - Aug 31 with 5085 viewsmacthejack

I imagine some of that will be used in January, some to rebalance the debt and some for the lease of the stadium. All sensible moves in my opinion.

As people have said in other threads I'm yet to see an example of the new owners actually stripping money or other assets from the club so have no reason to believe they will do it now.

By all means direct your anger towards Jenkins and the rest of the sell outs.
Well that's it then. on 23:33 - Aug 31 with 5041 viewswhoflungdung

Don't be a jerk Steve

Wayne s crossed me off his Christmas card list

Well that's it then. on 23:34 - Aug 31 with 5010 viewsTheResurrection

How is it £34m in surplus, I make it a whole lot less?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Well that's it then. on 23:38 - Aug 31 with 4923 viewskeeptrundlingon

I tell you what chaps. I don't care who disagrees with me here. But this evening I've faced the horrible truth which is that the board are going to use this club as their own private ATM. I was so hopeful this morning that we would get Sanches, Bony, Chadli and possibly Arias too. Clement told us he was looking to get two players in. Well we will get Sanches and Bony but we have lost Llorente. They owe us a player really.

Also why have we no ambition?

In:
Mesa £11m
Clucas £15m
Bony £12m
Sanches £4.5m

Total: £42.5m

Out:
Cork: £10m
Gomis: must be at least £3m
LLorente: £12m
Sigurdsson: £40

Total: £65m

Net spend: - £22.5m

Also Ki Haley and Barrow making a total profit of £27.5m

We had a great chance here to push on and have a great little squad but I fear it's all about profit and nothing else. I'm furious. It is purely a business to the owners and I feel cheated.
Well that's it then. on 23:43 - Aug 31 with 4858 viewsmacthejack

Well that's it then. on 23:38 - Aug 31 by keeptrundlingon

I tell you what chaps. I don't care who disagrees with me here. But this evening I've faced the horrible truth which is that the board are going to use this club as their own private ATM. I was so hopeful this morning that we would get Sanches, Bony, Chadli and possibly Arias too. Clement told us he was looking to get two players in. Well we will get Sanches and Bony but we have lost Llorente. They owe us a player really.

In:
Mesa £11m
Clucas £15m
Bony £12m
Sanches £4.5m

Out:

We had a great chance here to push on and have a great little squad but I fear it's all about profit and nothing else. I'm furious. It is purely a business to the owners and I feel cheated.

Yeah mate, you said exactly the same in another thread.
Well that's it then. on 23:44 - Aug 31 with 4849 viewsHugeEnkins

Well that's it then. on 23:28 - Aug 31 by Garyjack

Well stop picking then!

Read this entire thread in an Irish accent, to be sure 😂👍👊
Well that's it then. on 23:55 - Aug 31 with 4764 viewsAngelRangelQS

Seems good to me.

Reduced the wage bill (hopefully), got rid of some deadwood, addressed the debt to some extent (or have money to spend in January), signed some good players.
Well that's it then. on 00:01 - Sep 1 with 4707 viewsr0ckin

In:
Mesa £11m
Clucas £15m
Bony £12m
Sanches £4.5m

Out:

That's such a pessimistic and frankly ludicrous way of looking at it.

27m or so can be reinvested in other areas - you can't measure things through the prism of

40m in 40m out.

That's ridiculous. Many fans would love to see us be profligate and get into the crap. Swansea has been at its most successful when it has been prudent and reinvested money in areas outside of just the playing staff.

People are being cynical because of xenophobia in my eyes here, they can't accept we're not a poxy little club anymore and that we have to run things like a business and we need to increase our revenue streams. We cannot sustain huge wage bills and invest heavily with a stadium fit for the championship.

Short-termism is what cost us decades ago, we have to look to the future. I happen to disagree with the signing of Bony, I believe we should be spending 12m on players for the future not the past but I have no issue in having a net gain in transfers.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 0:39]

Peace

Well that's it then. on 00:04 - Sep 1 with 4673 viewsr0ckin

Well that's it then. on 23:55 - Aug 31 by AngelRangelQS

Seems good to me.

Reduced the wage bill (hopefully), got rid of some deadwood, addressed the debt to some extent (or have money to spend in January), signed some good players.

Aside from [the choice of] Bony, completely agree.

Peace

Well that's it then. on 00:14 - Sep 1 with 4595 viewsawayjack

Well that's it then. on 23:32 - Aug 31 by macthejack

I imagine some of that will be used in January, some to rebalance the debt and some for the lease of the stadium. All sensible moves in my opinion.

As people have said in other threads I'm yet to see an example of the new owners actually stripping money or other assets from the club so have no reason to believe they will do it now.

By all means direct your anger towards Jenkins and the rest of the sell outs.

Now window is over I'm going to focus on supporting team but can't work out why some fans can't accept a £30m profit on player sales, cut of £20m+ in player wages and increase in banking the extra income from PL / Sky of £20m+ Is insane way investment in our key assets, oir playing squad. In a years or so you'll work it out when the Yanks use the one-off profit to sell club again at a big profit. Technically not 'asset stripping' but If you look at our squad as assets, we've cut by £50m to make a short term profit, whilst others in Pl are investing in terms of spend on squad improvement and supporting wages. So when the Yanks flip us for huge personal gain to next buyer, let's think again about why we've sold our core asset, I.e. Net gains of £50m+ from selling players / cutting wages for short term financial profit.
Well that's it then. on 00:20 - Sep 1 with 4564 viewsTheResurrection

We also did our best to get Chadli in but they wouldn't budge on their ludicrous valuation of £26m

That would've made all the difference to the in v out.

Now we have a bloody good squad, full of proper footballer and a couple of youngsters to dream about. Bony the wise old head, the prism the light will shine through and industry and energy all over the pitch.

This window could've been slightly better, but not at the cost of completely reckless spending.

We've got the problems out of the club now we can get back to a bit of football again.

I literally cannot wait for Newcastle.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Well that's it then. on 00:26 - Sep 1 with 4526 viewsHugeEnkins

Well that's it then. on 00:20 - Sep 1 by TheResurrection

We also did our best to get Chadli in but they wouldn't budge on their ludicrous valuation of £26m

Now we have a bloody good squad, full of proper footballer and a couple of youngsters to dream about. Bony the wise old head, the prism the light will shine through and industry and energy all over the pitch.

This window could've been slightly better, but not at the cost of completely reckless spending.

We've got the problems out of the club now we can get back to a bit of football again.

Fcking spot on butt. You on POF?
Well that's it then. on 00:34 - Sep 1 with 4483 viewssquarebear

In:
Mesa £11m
Clucas £15m
Bony £12m
Sanches £4.5m

Out:

Hmm. I read in a German publication it was 8.5M Euros for Sanches. Where has the 4.5M GBP figure come from?
Well that's it then. on 00:36 - Sep 1 with 4475 viewsPozuelosSideys

Well that's it then. on 00:20 - Sep 1 by TheResurrection

Potentially.

If the old Bony doesnt turn up for us and we have an injury to one of the full backs, we look pretty thin again. Especially if you look over at what will be on the bench

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Well that's it then. on 00:36 - Sep 1 with 4474 viewsbluenile

Well that's it then. on 00:01 - Sep 1 by r0ckin

That's such a pessimistic and frankly ludicrous way of looking at it.

27m or so can be reinvested in other areas - you can't measure things through the prism of

40m in 40m out.

That's ridiculous. Many fans would love to see us be profligate and get into the crap. Swansea has been at its most successful when it has been prudent and reinvested money in areas outside of just the playing staff.

People are being cynical because of xenophobia in my eyes here, they can't accept we're not a poxy little club anymore and that we have to run things like a business and we need to increase our revenue streams. We cannot sustain huge wage bills and invest heavily with a stadium fit for the championship.

Short-termism is what cost us decades ago, we have to look to the future. I happen to disagree with the signing of Bony, I believe we should be spending 12m on players for the future not the past but I have no issue in having a net gain in transfers.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 0:39]

27billion...........and 12 billion????................feck my eyes, we're richer than I thought!!

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024