Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dan James. 11:26 - Sep 1 with 2360 viewslifelong

I noticed last night on Sky Sports news that James has returned to us from his loan move to Shrewsbury.
The local press are reporting that Shrewsbury cancelled the move after him not featuring for them so far this seaso.
Seems a bit strange.
Dan James. on 11:28 - Sep 1 with 2347 viewsLegend83

Shrews manager said he wasn't up to speed with League Football.

I guess it's best allround that he at least gets game time in the Development squad rather than rotting in Shrews reserves.

Hopefully loan him out to somewhere else in Jan.
Dan James. on 11:30 - Sep 1 with 2337 viewsexiledinenglandjack

I still think he's an exciting prospect, won't be surprised to see him make the bench instead of montero this year yet
Dan James. on 11:55 - Sep 1 with 2272 viewsA_Fans_Dad

They already had 4 established wingers, they didn't need him and the Manager probably bucked at being told he was coming in.
We have seen from the Chacktrade games they he is a match for most teams he has played against, so the manager's comments sound like an excuse.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 13:48]
Dan James. on 16:49 - Sep 1 with 2014 viewsYossarian

All this tells me that the Academy and U21 system needs a really critical review. We've already had the Yeovil disaster and now this. If these boys aren't good enough at their age then we need to be ruthless and get rid- kinder to them in the long run. How many chances and excuses can there be? All that money spent on pampering these youngsters and the return the club is getting is very low to non-existent.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Dan James. on 16:53 - Sep 1 with 1993 viewsjasper_T

Dan James. on 16:49 - Sep 1 by Yossarian

All this tells me that the Academy and U21 system needs a really critical review. We've already had the Yeovil disaster and now this. If these boys aren't good enough at their age then we need to be ruthless and get rid- kinder to them in the long run. How many chances and excuses can there be? All that money spent on pampering these youngsters and the return the club is getting is very low to non-existent.

This tells me you've never seen Dan James play.

He's good. We'd be idiots to simply "get rid".
Dan James. on 19:16 - Sep 1 with 1847 viewsicecoldjack

Dan James. on 16:53 - Sep 1 by jasper_T

He is apparently a good player, makes you wonder why going to the Shrews was beyond him, seems a bit odd .

If our u 21's can't get a kick at lower league level then we need to improve on some things sharpish, i understand the process takes time but if memory serves me well we bought this lad in from Hull right ?
He should be knocking on somebodies door by now, even if it's a L2 club, points to the boys not being developed properly IMO. Thats just my take and i speak with no authority on this subject other than a lower league team should normally be jumping through hoops to get a young talented player from a premier league team, not be sending them back with their nose in the air.
Dan James. on 19:20 - Sep 1 with 1826 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Dan James. on 19:16 - Sep 1 by icecoldjack

He is apparently a good player, makes you wonder why going to the Shrews was beyond him, seems a bit odd .

If our u 21's can't get a kick at lower league level then we need to improve on some things sharpish, i understand the process takes time but if memory serves me well we bought this lad in from Hull right ?
He should be knocking on somebodies door by now, even if it's a L2 club, points to the boys not being developed properly IMO. Thats just my take and i speak with no authority on this subject other than a lower league team should normally be jumping through hoops to get a young talented player from a premier league team, not be sending them back with their nose in the air.

Why when they already have 4 established Wingers?
Why take a risk on a rather small young lad when you don't need to?
The problem is they didn't bother to find him a place that was in actual need of a winger.
Dan James. on 19:26 - Sep 1 with 1797 viewsicecoldjack

Dan James. on 19:20 - Sep 1 by A_Fans_Dad

Why when they already have 4 established Wingers?
Why take a risk on a rather small young lad when you don't need to?
The problem is they didn't bother to find him a place that was in actual need of a winger.

So are you saying it's the Swans who phone around and offer their young players to lower league clubs ?
In which case surely the answer would be with the Shrews "sorry mate, we are chock full of wingers at the moment but we could do with a goal keeper "

I'm just trying to understand the process here, i don't believe we as a premier league club need to go knocking on doors to give our talent some league football, i'm guessing that scouts take in the age group football and age group international football and go from there.

Like i said, i've no idea how it works, so i'm intrigued if its us that phone the Shrews and then send them a player they don't want, all a bit mad as i think the player in question is a tidy footballer .
Login to get fewer ads

Dan James. on 19:37 - Sep 1 with 1766 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Dan James. on 19:26 - Sep 1 by icecoldjack

So are you saying it's the Swans who phone around and offer their young players to lower league clubs ?
In which case surely the answer would be with the Shrews "sorry mate, we are chock full of wingers at the moment but we could do with a goal keeper "

I'm just trying to understand the process here, i don't believe we as a premier league club need to go knocking on doors to give our talent some league football, i'm guessing that scouts take in the age group football and age group international football and go from there.

Like i said, i've no idea how it works, so i'm intrigued if its us that phone the Shrews and then send them a player they don't want, all a bit mad as i think the player in question is a tidy footballer .

I have no idea how he ended up there, or why he was even going out on loan.
Do they have Agents?
Dan James. on 19:48 - Sep 1 with 1737 viewsEasternJack

Dan James is a good player and certainly good enough for us to risk some game time later on this season or in some earlier cup games

I'm pleased he's back.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Dan James. on 19:54 - Sep 1 with 1723 viewsharryhpalmer

Dan James. on 19:26 - Sep 1 by icecoldjack

the Shrews dont look like the most stable of squads.

they have brought in 12 players, half on loan, on the back of a season where they escaped relegation by just 2 points.

But you do have to look at the U23s and wonder if we are carrying players for too long.

Gorre is a great example. He's had a few opportunities on loan and not achieved anything of note. Failed at Northampton (sent him back in January) and a Den Haag (again returned in January having played just 5 times).

Connor Roberts has excelled in the last couple of season. Double player of te year at Yeovil.

Hedges started 3 and been a sub in 3 for Barnsley - he'd also a loan spell Yeovil.

McB did well at Newport, and Sheehan was doing ok there too before his injury (never be good enough for the PL though).

Cornell was first choice at Northampton at the start of the season, until they got spanked 4-1 by Charlton. while on the bench for the next league game, his replacement also conceded 4!

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Dan James. on 20:43 - Sep 1 with 1658 viewsjasper_T

Hedges and Cornell aren't our players.
Dan James. on 07:31 - Sep 2 with 1445 viewsKilkennyjack

Dan James. on 19:54 - Sep 1 by harryhpalmer

the Shrews dont look like the most stable of squads.

they have brought in 12 players, half on loan, on the back of a season where they escaped relegation by just 2 points.

But you do have to look at the U23s and wonder if we are carrying players for too long.

Gorre is a great example. He's had a few opportunities on loan and not achieved anything of note. Failed at Northampton (sent him back in January) and a Den Haag (again returned in January having played just 5 times).

Connor Roberts has excelled in the last couple of season. Double player of te year at Yeovil.

Hedges started 3 and been a sub in 3 for Barnsley - he'd also a loan spell Yeovil.

McB did well at Newport, and Sheehan was doing ok there too before his injury (never be good enough for the PL though).

Cornell was first choice at Northampton at the start of the season, until they got spanked 4-1 by Charlton. while on the bench for the next league game, his replacement also conceded 4!

All this mismanagement costs us money and can damage our young players.

As you say, roberts did well at l2 yeovil, but last season was placed at l1 bristol rovers and only played a handful of games and was back home by Christmas.
We were told they had 2 full backs they were happy with.
So why place him there and waste half a season ?

Seems similar to James.

Either we are not doing our homework, or the players are not good enough.

A good loan is valuable, so fecking get it right.

Beware of the Risen People

Dan James. on 09:43 - Sep 2 with 1278 viewsYossarian

Dan James. on 16:53 - Sep 1 by jasper_T

You couldn't be more wrong fella. Watched virtually all his games last year and I have posted some months ago that he deserved a shot on the bench for the first team. He didn't get anywhere near it and I concede that I was wrong about my earlier posts. The simple fact that he could not get into the team at Shrewsbury (ffs) is evidence in itself that the lad is not going to make it into a PL team. In fact, they've put Kenji Gorre into the 25 and he's beyond useless- so what does that say about Dan James' chances. There are some very good prospects coming through the age groups and the club has arguably hung on to 'prospects' for too long in the past. It's very harsh I know, but I gave my opinion and I respect yours. Actually I hope Dan will be a very late developer rather than 'one that got away'.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Dan James. on 09:49 - Sep 2 with 1259 viewsjasper_T

Putting Gorre into the 25 man squad means nothing. He needs to be registered to play, while James doesn't. There's no advantage to not registering a slot so Gorre and King go on the list.

Looks like D. James played 65 minutes for the Wales u21s last night in their win over Switzerland (along with Joe Rodon. Cian Harries and Liam Cullen on the bench) so that should help getting him back up to match fitness.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024