Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level 22:06 - Sep 1 with 39798 viewsTheResurrection

The Holy Grail of the "next level" is probably already upon us, or at least we're moving towards it, but most of you are too wrapped up in your own miserable preconceived prejudices, you won't open your eyes to realise it.

The Club still isn't perfect, but which one is? The Trust still need a genuine revamp and refresh to communicate effectively to both Board and fans. The friendly game ticket prices is an example of this. But the overall picture is one of a Club getting back on track and improving. Nothing too much to shout about in isolation as the only was was up after the disaster of the last 2 years or so.

But nevertheless we're getting our act together. Off the pitch and since January, on it.

Commercially we will see the benefits, we have professionals involved, true business people with contacts who will increase revenue. Better sponsorships and business partners to be tapped into. The profile of SCFC is on the rise, more professional media interaction, website, Twitter, Facebook, more games being streamed, all on the up.

The football aspect will now follow. The U-23's had a tremendously successful season and our Academy and training facilities are now state of the art. This will only help everything we are trying to achieve.

Anyone one of us that has supported this Club back in the day, when we stop and think about things, will struggle to believe it's all actually been a true story.

We are 7 years - SEVEN YEARS - in the EPL and it's time now to quit the childish quips about "the Yanks" ; "the sell-outs" etc. What we've achieved, led by the old Board and now the new is nothing short of a miracle, it's phenomenal!! I have spent enough time voicing an angry opinion about the goings on of all concerned, but all said and done, they've done us proud.

The football squad we will take into the Premier League from now is arguably the best since we've been here.

Goalkeeper - as solid as we could hope for and Fab is Swansea's no. 1 without a shadow of a doubt. The way we accumulate GK's should mean at least one of them will be good enough to step in if he's ever injured ;-)

Defence - Been a revelation under Clement as we now defend as a team with responsibility for this aspect on every player. Naughts comes in for ridiculous stick but for me he's completely dependable. Everyone loves to scapegoat and bully somebody. Naughts gets too much of this. Cover at full back would've been great but it didn't happen and he won't let us down - same as he didn't last season. Fede and Maws have now formed a strong partnership and have enjoyed playing alongside each other for some time and are growing very strong. I love Olsson, he's as competitive as they come, the sheer determination in everything he does is infectious. We've also got ball players right along the back and we can now adapt perfectly well to a 3-5-2 with Bartley and VdH able to step in when needed. Rangel is an able deputy and Clucas can cover the left. We are solid at the back.

Midfield - We will be very strong and competitive in midfield this season. The signing of Sanches is truly unbelievable and exciting and the options we now have in this area are plentiful - off the bench too. I'm sure Clement and the Board would've loved to add another wider player but we won't be held ransom and pay massively over the odds - that's not good business. Carroll has been outstanding since coming in, Clucas has fitted in with ease and technically just what we need, these 2 will keep the ball flowing freely and accurately all around the park, with Carroll more than adept at set pieces and corners. Fer, Ki and Mesa all have genuine claims of fighting for a first XI slot and Ayew can play deeper or wide to provide options. Leon's still about as are Routs, Narsingh and Dyer so we're not having to rely on the old guard like we did last season, and these boys will still have something to offer as the season goes on, I'm sure of that. Southampton have made Europe on squads similar to ours and we can genuinely aim to look a lot higher up the league than we could this time last season, as far as up as that remains to be seen, but why not.

Up front - Bony, Tammy and Ayew is our strongest front line since the EPL without a shadow of doubt. Bony, in my opinion, is the missing piece in the jigsaw, he has the exact qualities we've been crying out for and Llorente could simply not provide. I think the 3 can play together in a 4-3-3 with Bony in the middle and Tammy and Ayew either side. It won't be Tammy's preferred option, same as it isn't for Rashford, bit it's a genuine alternative option for us.

Options are good and options we now have in abundance.

Manager - Clement has been inch perfect since he's come in and all the options mentioned above, he makes them a reality. His coaching is second to none and the team is able to adapt to any of his demands. He'll also get us playing more football this season and our style of play will be unrecognisable from the sheer tedium of last year.

Next level? We're getting there if not arrived already, so let's see it for what it is, embrace the changes and enjoy what's going to be a bloody good season of football with some outstanding talent on show.

[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 22:15]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:11 - Sep 1 with 13155 viewsPorthcawlswan

I actually agree with all you've said, alot of gloom but to me this team will be a lot more fluid and not Stoke 2013 esque of last season. We are developing very well off pitch 2!
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:12 - Sep 1 with 13149 viewsBarryTownSwam

Top Post.
Some sense at last.
"Don't worry about a thing 'cos every little thing is gonna be alright"
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:15 - Sep 1 with 13124 viewsbonymine

Phuking Hell....T2C is now on the payroll as well and towing the party line .....

Must have been offered a free week in Jenkins' or Morgan's villas in Spain as a sweetener 😂😂

As you were Chrissy mush 😉 Carry on son !!

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:16 - Sep 1 with 13117 viewsEasternJack

Great stuff Res. With you 100%. We're competitive again.

Also appreciate your recent effort to dial down the abuse 👍🏻 Suits you better

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:16 - Sep 1 with 13120 viewsPozuelosSideys

Most of what the OP has said is accurate.

But the bit about Abraham and Bony being our strongest frontline in the PL is up for debate. What we had as a forward unit under ML was arguably stronger. Remains to be seen whether our current bunch are stronger than Michu, Bony and the others. They are the benchmark

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:16 - Sep 1 with 13120 viewsandypitt56

We have had a couple of disagreements Res, but top post. You are spot on!
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:22 - Sep 1 with 13065 viewsjackpot

Agree with you 100%.
Hopefully onwards and upwards.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:22 - Sep 1 with 13062 viewsDr_Winston

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:16 - Sep 1 by PozuelosSideys

But the bit about Abraham and Bony being our strongest frontline in the PL is up for debate. What we had as a forward unit under ML was arguably stronger. Remains to be seen whether our current bunch are stronger than Michu, Bony and the others. They are the benchmark

Agree there.

The attack we had in the 13/14 season was immense. Bony, Michu, Hernandez, Routs & Dyer in their primes with JdG in midfield pulling the strings. It's a shame off field issues prevented them from hitting the heights they deserved.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:27 - Sep 1 with 13031 viewsTheResurrection

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:16 - Sep 1 by PozuelosSideys

Michu had 2 Premier League goals in the season he played with Bony. Unfortunately for us and him, he was already finished by then.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:27 - Sep 1 with 13032 viewsFireboy2

You are HJ and I claim my £5
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:29 - Sep 1 with 13012 viewsTheResurrection

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:22 - Sep 1 by Dr_Winston

Agree there.

The attack we had in the 13/14 season was immense. Bony, Michu, Hernandez, Routs & Dyer in their primes with JdG in midfield pulling the strings. It's a shame off field issues prevented them from hitting the heights they deserved.

Incorrect. Michu played little part in this season.

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:30 - Sep 1 with 13001 viewsPozuelosSideys

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:27 - Sep 1 by TheResurrection

Michu had 2 Premier League goals in the season he played with Bony. Unfortunately for us and him, he was already finished by then.

Fair enough, maybe im getting confused about which years it was. But Laudrups first year with Graham (yep, now youre right thinking about it) is the year we need to be comparing to. The whole attacking unit there was the strongest weve had.

At the end of the season we will know whether this one is just as good. Not sure PC way of playing will allow for that though

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:32 - Sep 1 with 12985 viewsbonymine

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:27 - Sep 1 by Fireboy2

You are HJ and I claim my £5

My thoughts exactly mate....on the payroll spouting the party line how great this Club is (was before we got sold down the river by 'our own 'loyal' shareholder KUNTS ' ....)

STID Together Stronger. 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:33 - Sep 1 with 12963 viewsDarran

We definitely look like a great 'squad' at the moment but to me you have to worry about suspensions and injuries amongst the back 'five' because if we were to lose two of those for a few games we could be in a spot of bother in my opinion.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:34 - Sep 1 with 12972 viewsTheResurrection

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:30 - Sep 1 by PozuelosSideys

Fair enough, maybe im getting confused about which years it was. But Laudrups first year with Graham (yep, now youre right thinking about it) is the year we need to be comparing to. The whole attacking unit there was the strongest weve had.

At the end of the season we will know whether this one is just as good. Not sure PC way of playing will allow for that though

What Laudrup did better than anyone was making us an attractive attacking unit throughout. That West Brom game being the perfect example. Our fast flowing midfield made us tick and we were capable of moving the ball from back to front with consummate ease. This brought a lot of creativity in the final third but it's a classic example of the whole being greater than the sum of its parts.

I'd love that to be the case for this season, but as for now, I think in isolation this is our greatest attack.

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:34 - Sep 1 with 12970 viewsDr_Winston

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:29 - Sep 1 by TheResurrection

Incorrect. Michu played little part in this season.

He could have had Laudrup not run him into the ground.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:37 - Sep 1 with 12953 viewsPrivate_Partz

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:34 - Sep 1 by Dr_Winston

Oh Gawd here you go again lol.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:37 - Sep 1 with 12951 viewsTheResurrection

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:32 - Sep 1 by bonymine

My thoughts exactly mate....on the payroll spouting the party line how great this Club is (was before we got sold down the river by 'our own 'loyal' shareholder KUNTS ' ....)

STID Together Stronger. 💪💪💪

WTF are you on about?

When all's said and done, you (if you were watching us in the 80's?) have had the best years of your football life under the old management. Try and argue you haven't...

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:38 - Sep 1 with 12939 viewsPozuelosSideys

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:34 - Sep 1 by TheResurrection

What Laudrup did better than anyone was making us an attractive attacking unit throughout. That West Brom game being the perfect example. Our fast flowing midfield made us tick and we were capable of moving the ball from back to front with consummate ease. This brought a lot of creativity in the final third but it's a classic example of the whole being greater than the sum of its parts.

I'd love that to be the case for this season, but as for now, I think in isolation this is our greatest attack.

What we do know about PC is he is very good at playing to our players' best strengths, and undoubtedly he will know what Bony can do. Im still not entirely sure how he will set up with Abraham, Bony, Sanches and Ayew and what ou 'default' formation will be. I dont know how he fits all them in to the side, especially in a diamond. I hope he doesnt move Abraham out wide. How do you reckon we will set up as standard?

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:39 - Sep 1 with 12933 viewsTheResurrection

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:33 - Sep 1 by Darran

We definitely look like a great 'squad' at the moment but to me you have to worry about suspensions and injuries amongst the back 'five' because if we were to lose two of those for a few games we could be in a spot of bother in my opinion.

That will always be a worry for a club our size, this will never change.

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:40 - Sep 1 with 12920 viewsTheResurrection

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:34 - Sep 1 by Dr_Winston

Irrelevant to the discussion, keep to the point (but get it right next time) ;-)

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:41 - Sep 1 with 12917 viewsjack2jack

Good post.As fans we are very susceptible to negativity it's only natural,we want the best.Its the nature of the beast.
It would be nice indeed to have a fairly stress free season.I for one am excited to see how it all gells together under PC.
A nice win tomorrow and a little break to get everyone up to speed,and kick on from there,tidy.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:44 - Sep 1 with 12868 viewsDarran

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:39 - Sep 1 by TheResurrection

That will always be a worry for a club our size, this will never change.

Yes but if we are going to play with three centre halves it's more of a worry than usual.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:46 - Sep 1 with 12875 viewslonglostjack

Just a question to the OT and believe me I'm not trying to score points and don't have any agenda - Do you think the Trust were right to "build bridges" with the US owners as opposed to taking legal action against them?
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 22:51]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:47 - Sep 1 with 12858 viewsPrivate_Partz

A very optimistic view but an uplifting read nevertheless. Do you now think that the apparent inaction of the Trust is justified as they could see how well the club was being run since they were instrumental in bringing in Paul Clement?
Personally I share Darr's concerns about the Strength in depth and I can't laud a Bony / Abraham forward partnership until I see them in action. We also have to see how the midfield links together and how we fare if we are going to play without recognised wingers. Then there is the defence....will it be a back four or five? Is VDH up to the task and how long before Kyle's return? It's that injury worry again.
To sum up I think your 'vision' ;-) can come to fruition but it is by no means certain for me.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 22:48]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024