Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters 16:46 - Sep 2 with 5386 viewsSTID2017

The player that many on here didn't want fails to get signed for whatever reason and what happens ?
Loads post how we failed to sign him and what a mess our club is without knowing the facts.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 17:10 - Sep 2 with 3693 viewsjohnlangy

The fact is, so i've been told, that the delay which caused the paperwork not to be done in time was at the Barnsley end.

Of course that doesn't matter to some people who always assume that it's our Club at fault.

At the same time I was told that the Arias deal was all done, for £12 m, but PSV held it up because they couldn't get a replacement in time. And we're still in for him in January.
Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 17:14 - Sep 2 with 3679 viewsSTID2017

Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 17:10 - Sep 2 by johnlangy

The fact is, so i've been told, that the delay which caused the paperwork not to be done in time was at the Barnsley end.

Of course that doesn't matter to some people who always assume that it's our Club at fault.

At the same time I was told that the Arias deal was all done, for £12 m, but PSV held it up because they couldn't get a replacement in time. And we're still in for him in January.

I trust in PC - if he thinks Yiadom is good for us then it's a shame he didn't come.
If what you say about Arias is true then that sounds great.
Hopefully we have a pre-contract agreement

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 17:14 - Sep 3 with 3513 viewsawayjack

Shame Arias didn't come but he'll be budget buy in Jan window. I think frustration wasn't Yaidom per say, but leaving it so late to get cover we need in defence. And then cock up paperwork at when paperwork was fine for McBunrie. Not the first time we've messed up on simple admin, which is amateurish decor a PL club.
Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 17:51 - Sep 3 with 3410 viewsjohnlangy

Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 17:14 - Sep 3 by awayjack

Shame Arias didn't come but he'll be budget buy in Jan window. I think frustration wasn't Yaidom per say, but leaving it so late to get cover we need in defence. And then cock up paperwork at when paperwork was fine for McBunrie. Not the first time we've messed up on simple admin, which is amateurish decor a PL club.

As I said, the paperwork problem was at the Barnsley end.
Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 17:52 - Sep 3 with 3408 viewsraynor94

So you know it was definitely our fault with the paperwork

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 17:59 - Sep 3 with 3371 viewssP7qupUf

Spot on. When you leave things so late you run this risk. If you are working to deadlines on key deals you should have all bases covered with 48 hours breathing space to deal with the unforeseen. This applies to all business deals not just football. I posted this on here and was slaughtered for it. The point that I was making was not wholly a Yaidom issue but was taken as such, perhaps by those who failed to read my post carefully, but to do with issues surrounding paperwork. This is a feature of our dealings. If we would have moved earlier, the Barnsley problem would not have happened and perhaps PSV could have got a replacement sorted. They couldn't be addressed because there was no time left...which is the point that I was making in my original post. Interestingly West Brom were like lightening with their deals. All done quickly with a few days tp spare. This was especially the case with Gibbs who was nailed on to go to Watford.

So, even if the blame in these cases lies with the other clubs it could have been avoided with earlier action. That is.... if it was the other clubs. It may well be, it may not be. Who knows?
Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 18:03 - Sep 3 with 3354 viewsdobjack2

Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 17:10 - Sep 2 by johnlangy

All good stuff.

However it was reported back in April that Arias was our main target with yiadom our back up so how the feck did we make such a song and dance about making a deal for Arias that PSV didn't have time to get a replacement for him?

If we are suggesting that we couldn't set up a deal for Arias until the sigurdsson deal was completed then there is something wrong if we are that short of cash. But even if we are that short of cash, surely a deal in principle could have been agreed with PSV whilst the sigurdsson discussions were ongoing to allow them time to get a replacement in themselves?
Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 18:11 - Sep 3 with 3329 viewsDewi1jack

Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 17:52 - Sep 3 by raynor94

Who's running the fax machine this time?
I'm assuming they weren't trained by a certain Mr Sharpe

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Login to get fewer ads

Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 18:12 - Sep 3 with 3328 viewsEasternJack

My understanding is that the arias deal was never agreed. We went in with 6M which was rejected early in the window. The story is we went back in with a much lower offer in the last days of the window. This obviously got rejected too. Hence the late actual move for Yiadom.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 18:36 - Sep 3 with 3273 viewsdobjack2

Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 18:12 - Sep 3 by EasternJack

My understanding is that the arias deal was never agreed. We went in with 6M which was rejected early in the window. The story is we went back in with a much lower offer in the last days of the window. This obviously got rejected too. Hence the late actual move for Yiadom.

Makes more sense but an equally strange way of trying to fill an obvious hole in the squad.
Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 19:15 - Sep 3 with 3184 viewsGaryjack

Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 18:12 - Sep 3 by EasternJack

Of course, people need to realise that 'your understanding', and what actually happens in the real world are quite a way apart aren't they!
Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 19:18 - Sep 3 with 3176 viewsNeathJack

If it hadn't been left so late, then a delay with the paperwork wouldn't have been an issue.

Of course, there may however be a perfectly good reason for it being left so late but if there is then it's not one we are aware of.
Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 19:20 - Sep 3 with 3168 viewsWarwickHunt

We've needed a right back for three years.

There's no excuse for last-minute scrabbling around on the close of the transfer window.
Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 21:12 - Sep 3 with 3012 viewsawayjack

No I don't sign the paperwork but we have previous for not getting paperwork in time. Still begs question why wait until last hour for player we'd been interested in for months. Do you know?
Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 21:17 - Sep 3 with 2988 viewsawayjack

That we didn't offer enough is more consistent with what PSV / Agent said about not having formal offer. Easier to believe story blaming others, when our Board have been playing the same trick of blaming others for not getting 'target' players last few Summers. We didn't have any problems selling players.
Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 21:21 - Sep 3 with 2978 viewsswanforthemoney

Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 17:59 - Sep 3 by sP7qupUf

Spot on. When you leave things so late you run this risk. If you are working to deadlines on key deals you should have all bases covered with 48 hours breathing space to deal with the unforeseen. This applies to all business deals not just football. I posted this on here and was slaughtered for it. The point that I was making was not wholly a Yaidom issue but was taken as such, perhaps by those who failed to read my post carefully, but to do with issues surrounding paperwork. This is a feature of our dealings. If we would have moved earlier, the Barnsley problem would not have happened and perhaps PSV could have got a replacement sorted. They couldn't be addressed because there was no time left...which is the point that I was making in my original post. Interestingly West Brom were like lightening with their deals. All done quickly with a few days tp spare. This was especially the case with Gibbs who was nailed on to go to Watford.

So, even if the blame in these cases lies with the other clubs it could have been avoided with earlier action. That is.... if it was the other clubs. It may well be, it may not be. Who knows?

Is that the same West Brom that failed to offload the disaffected Chadli ?

I stand in the North Stand

Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 21:42 - Sep 3 with 2941 viewstheloneranger

Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 21:21 - Sep 3 by swanforthemoney

We offered £17m they wanted £25m.

So Sky reporter said after 11pm deadline

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 21:50 - Sep 3 with 2925 viewsmax936

Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 21:42 - Sep 3 by theloneranger

We offered £17m they wanted £25m.

So Sky reporter said after 11pm deadline

And 17 is to much, I'd go for Kevin Miralas if we're still interested in filling that position in January, think he'll be worth more though may well be 25mill for him, can't see us stretching ourselves that far though.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 21:50 - Sep 3 with 2921 viewsGaryjack

I've got a theory that will rock this site to it's very foundations.

1. We weren't prepared to pay more than what we thought Arias was worth, but talk of a £6m offer that was rejected being met with a much lower offer is quite frankly ludicrous.

2. Once we realised PSV, weren't going to lower their demands, we were not prepared in any shape or form to rush through a deal for a player who had already failed a medical at another premier league club.

3. 9/11 was a terrorist attack and not a deliberate plot by the U.S. government to start a war in Iraq. (they used other excuses for that).
Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 22:12 - Sep 3 with 2871 viewsSwanjaxs

Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 21:50 - Sep 3 by Garyjack

I've got a theory that will rock this site to it's very foundations.

1. We weren't prepared to pay more than what we thought Arias was worth, but talk of a £6m offer that was rejected being met with a much lower offer is quite frankly ludicrous.

2. Once we realised PSV, weren't going to lower their demands, we were not prepared in any shape or form to rush through a deal for a player who had already failed a medical at another premier league club.

3. 9/11 was a terrorist attack and not a deliberate plot by the U.S. government to start a war in Iraq. (they used other excuses for that).

4. Lee Harvey Oswald was a "patsy" for the CIA...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 22:20 - Sep 3 with 2851 viewsGaryjack

Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 22:12 - Sep 3 by Swanjaxs

4. Lee Harvey Oswald was a "patsy" for the CIA...

5. Pastie mun! Bovi loves Pasties.
Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 23:47 - Sep 3 with 2780 viewsGriffting

Sagna still looking for a club
Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 01:59 - Sep 4 with 2708 viewsLoyal

Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 17:51 - Sep 3 by johnlangy

As I said, the paperwork problem was at the Barnsley end.

I agree with you 100% on Barnsley being at fault. However, we are well practised and are a premier league club, we should have ensured they didn't mess it up and that is as much the clubs fault as Barnsley.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 07:22 - Sep 4 with 2607 viewssP7qupUf

Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 21:21 - Sep 3 by swanforthemoney

Quite right. The one that stuck to their guns over their valuation. And the one that stood up to Manchester City over Jonny Evans. The one that has increased it's strength in depth by not being pushed about by so called bigger clubs, agents and players themselves. The one that can also attract players making them even stronger.
Yiadom - Can't Please Some Posters on 07:54 - Sep 4 with 2582 viewsDr_Winston

Basically it's our fault, so then we can still whinge about it. Even if it's not really. OK?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024