Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sanches in pre season. 18:41 - Sep 2 with 9167 viewsEilian

I've found some great video clips of Sanches playing pre season. After watching them you can see how he is lacking in self-confidence.
On the flip side, you can see that he is a very talented player. Im 100% confident this guy is going to be a superstar in our side this year!

Arsenal

Liverpool

Chelsea
Sanches in pre season. on 09:51 - Sep 3 with 4680 viewsSmellyplumz

Thanks for this post, interesting stuff, hopefully Clement can coach some confidence back into the boy. One thing I've noticed with Sanches is that he likes to bump over the opposition player when he's defending... He's going to get cards doing that in the premiership.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Sanches in pre season. on 10:00 - Sep 3 with 4651 viewsNogginthenog

There's nothing out of the ordinary in those clips that makes me confident he will impress in the premier league. Let's hope I'm wrong.
Sanches in pre season. on 10:25 - Sep 3 with 4601 viewsdameedna

Did not watch all the clips but have seen parts before and know what the clips hint at. He is steppjng up in reponsibility to play for Swansea. Hopefully the challenge will be good for him. In some of the clips he shows what he can do. Each to his own but this is the biggest signing we could have hoped for next to Viera permanently. Time to get behind him and enjoy the moment.
Sanches in pre season. on 10:51 - Sep 3 with 4530 viewsicecoldjack

Make no mistake the boy is a huge talent, he's coming here to re direct his game and grow again, i'm quite sure that under clement this kid will be a sensation once more, if the fans really get behind him and give him the confidence on the ball he will improve every game .

The Jack army will need to play it's part in building Sanches confidence back up, we all love to see proper footballers here and i have no doubt 99% will see his talent and understand what he is lacking at the moment, he will grow with us and i think clement will get him back to his level, the only thing we don't know is the desire of the player, thats the only question mark for me, if he wants it he will be a hero at theswans and go on to bigger things.

We just need to support him and help him get back to his best, ditto Bony
Sanches in pre season. on 11:20 - Sep 3 with 4467 viewsKerouac

As Noggin said, there is nothing in those videos to get excited about.

My verdict on where he is?
He can't play centre midfield well at the moment and I would suggest that he shouldn't be playing there.
He is too languid off the ball, he doesn't play it simple enough, he doesn't appreciate what his team mates need from him in that area...
(e.g. one thing he was constantly doing is; giving the ball to a full -back and then coming for the return ball but coming too close...so when he got it back he was in less than optimum position to get the team going forward, he would then smack a lazy ball across the field to somebody who wasn't given the luxury of much time and space.
Another thing he does a lot of is; when given the ball by his full-back he will play a wall pass straight back to him (when there were better options inside and on the other side of the pitch...he doesn't seem to see the whole pitch back there) putting the full-back under pressure...Sanches rarely made any effort to move his arse into another position to help him out...and so the full-back is forced to knock it down the line)

...and as 'plumz' mentioned, he gives dumb free-kicks away (usually because he is out of position and didn't track his man in the first place).

BUT

...he does have good skills, tricks, a burst of pace and an eye for a through ball and a shot.
My heart is going to overrule my head on this one and I will wager that he will be a very good player for us...but he MUST play further forward and express himself, with a smile on his face.

Sanches, Abraham and Bony need to get some chemistry going....I count Fer in that group as well actually, I have definitely noticed that Fer and Abraham get on and understand each other on a football pitch.
There are goals in those 4.

Clement will make sure the rest of the team give them a solid platform.
Bony will hold the ball up to allow the midfield to get up the pitch (hopefully we will play more in their half this season).
Carroll will provide the set pieces and the fizzing passes (I hope Mesa can give us the same).
Sanches, Fer, Abraham and Bony will provide the goals.
Olsson will provide the width down the left...not sure about Naughton but he has done ok lately (better going forward than defending anyway).
If it gels will have a good team.

A good football team is never about an individual like Sanches regardless of how excited the kids get at the arrival of a "name".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Sanches in pre season. on 11:23 - Sep 3 with 4457 viewsPrivate_Partz

Sanches in pre season. on 10:51 - Sep 3 by icecoldjack

Make no mistake the boy is a huge talent, he's coming here to re direct his game and grow again, i'm quite sure that under clement this kid will be a sensation once more, if the fans really get behind him and give him the confidence on the ball he will improve every game .

The Jack army will need to play it's part in building Sanches confidence back up, we all love to see proper footballers here and i have no doubt 99% will see his talent and understand what he is lacking at the moment, he will grow with us and i think clement will get him back to his level, the only thing we don't know is the desire of the player, thats the only question mark for me, if he wants it he will be a hero at theswans and go on to bigger things.

We just need to support him and help him get back to his best, ditto Bony

I agree as usual :-)
Watching the first bit I noticed he was being crowded out. His team mates need to be aware he is going to be targeted and therefore ensure they give him out balls when he is boxed in. The likes of Carrol, Fer, Ki and Mesa can help big time here.
I love the way he uses the momentum of his tackler to move away from trouble. Bumping the defender is ok provided it is 50/50 so he may get way with that bit of his game in part.
I sure Clem has been briefed on this and is fully aware anyway.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Sanches in pre season. on 11:28 - Sep 3 with 4439 viewsEilian

From what I've watched and what comments I've read from Bayern fans, he is being played out of position in DM role. Bayern are asking him to sit in front of the back four to break up play. More critically he is being asked to bring the ball out of defense.

He's very good at breaking up the play but he's not terrific at bringing the ball out of defence. He's naturally a box to box midfielder. When he is further forward there is less pressure on him to refrain from making passing errors. He's got a cracking shot and can play a defence splitting pass. His main attribute, in my opinion, is his strong and powerful surging runs forward. This is something that is ideally suited to the premier league.

So the question is, has Anchioloti sent him here with instructions to Paul Clement to continue to form him into a deep lying CDM who can distribute the ball from the back?

Or has he sent him here to be let off the leash and play in a way he could never be able to in the Bayern team and set the premier league alight with his natural playing style? They would be doing this with an eye to maximising his transfer fee.

From what I can understand it seems that Bayern were keen to pick up one of the best young talents in the world, but put little thought into how he would actually suit their playing style.

Hopefully, then it is the second option and we will be free to get the very best out of this young man and the whole world can watch in awe as the super Swans tear the premier league a new ass hole!
Sanches in pre season. on 11:55 - Sep 3 with 4348 viewsicecoldjack

Some great comments above.

I think Sanches is coming here to get games and restore confidence, it's interesting to note how playing deeper is not really his game, i think Clement is looking further forward on the pitch for this guy and clement s comments have recently pointed to improving the final 3 rd.

I'm quite relaxed about his signing in that i'm very confident clement and his coaching staff will get the best out of the player, if they want him to learn about keeping the ball better and playing tactically then we have none other than Claude Mac here to help him !

I think the boy needs to play games and get his mojo back, he needs to enjoy his football, the supporters could play a huge part in getting this guy back to his level, once he plays a few passes and gets a few cheers he will probably start to enjoy then progress .

The Swans fans arn't mugs and will kow a talented footballer when they see one, if his heart is in it this move will take care of itself IMO.
Login to get fewer ads

Sanches in pre season. on 12:01 - Sep 3 with 4329 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Sanches in pre season. on 11:23 - Sep 3 by Private_Partz

I agree as usual :-)
Watching the first bit I noticed he was being crowded out. His team mates need to be aware he is going to be targeted and therefore ensure they give him out balls when he is boxed in. The likes of Carrol, Fer, Ki and Mesa can help big time here.
I love the way he uses the momentum of his tackler to move away from trouble. Bumping the defender is ok provided it is 50/50 so he may get way with that bit of his game in part.
I sure Clem has been briefed on this and is fully aware anyway.

He is going to be targeted for sure, the English teams pre season were surprised how poor he was when given no time and space. He struggles when he isn't allowed time to play and his game at the moment is more suited to international football where you get that. His confidence is shot after his fantastic tournament last summer and he needs a manager who can nurture him and get his confidence back.

I hope the Jack Army will have patience with this lad because I fear some are expecting Messi to turn up next week. He will be great for us once he's got used to us and the pace of the Premier League.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Sanches in pre season. on 12:03 - Sep 3 with 4320 viewsJackfath

I imagine Mr Makelele will be delighted at being able to work with such a talent and vice versa.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Sanches in pre season. on 12:27 - Sep 3 with 4247 viewsswanforthemoney

Sanches in pre season. on 12:03 - Sep 3 by Jackfath

I imagine Mr Makelele will be delighted at being able to work with such a talent and vice versa.

Excellent point. Perhaps this was something that persuaded Bayern to let him come here. I'm salivating at the thought of us having a player with Sanches' skills and Makalelelele's ability to read the game.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2017 12:27]

I stand in the North Stand

Sanches in pre season. on 12:39 - Sep 3 with 4209 viewsBanosswan

The bloke at the start of that first video isn't very good, he's completely missing the ball all the time.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Sanches in pre season. on 12:52 - Sep 3 with 4175 viewsswanforthemoney

Sanches in pre season. on 12:39 - Sep 3 by Banosswan

The bloke at the start of that first video isn't very good, he's completely missing the ball all the time.

There's a magnet in the ball and magnets in his boots so it sticks to his feet, trouble is they are the wrong way round. He slips off camera and switches the magnets round then comes back. Yep, sure enough he's connecting now.

I stand in the North Stand

Sanches in pre season. on 13:05 - Sep 3 with 4153 viewstomdickharry

He finds space,has a great first touch,can pass long and short accurately mostly,strong and looks as though he can look after himself,let us not forget he's only 20 and if Mr Clement can restore his confidence we will have some player.
A must starter against Newcastle he hasn't come to us to sit on the bench.
Sanches in pre season. on 13:11 - Sep 3 with 4132 viewsTheResurrection

Sanches in pre season. on 12:01 - Sep 3 by Joe_bradshaw

He is going to be targeted for sure, the English teams pre season were surprised how poor he was when given no time and space. He struggles when he isn't allowed time to play and his game at the moment is more suited to international football where you get that. His confidence is shot after his fantastic tournament last summer and he needs a manager who can nurture him and get his confidence back.

I hope the Jack Army will have patience with this lad because I fear some are expecting Messi to turn up next week. He will be great for us once he's got used to us and the pace of the Premier League.

English teams surprised how poor he was? What do you mean? Links?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Sanches in pre season. on 13:20 - Sep 3 with 4110 viewsawayjack

Sanches in pre season. on 12:03 - Sep 3 by Jackfath

Good to see Makelele get well deserved recognition. PC and Mak can help transform several under-performers to make up for a few weaknesses in our squad. KN,FF and AM improved so much post PC last year. I think some of our old guard - AR, LB, WR and ND - are just ages legs, so not too much expectation, but if he can get our 4 quality new signing to perform, solid spine for this season. Not sure if PC an CM are as good in coaching attack as defence, so lots of low scoring wins if WB and TA can score 25-30 goals.
Sanches in pre season. on 13:29 - Sep 3 with 4085 viewsTheResurrection

Sanches in pre season. on 12:39 - Sep 3 by Banosswan

Icecold said great comments above - I couldn't find any relevant until this one from Bano.

But even this is only a part of the story.

The first half v Arsenal Sanches is all over the shop, some very poor decision making and a kid desperately trying to be on the same level as the superstars he ended up being in the same team as.

The rest of the clips show a player finding his mojo a little more. These are only friendly games but the company he's used to playing with and the 3 teams he's up against here are the best on offer.

So for a proper critique...

He's going to find things a whole lot different with us. He's going to have to get stuck in and do a lot of the uglier side of the game. This will suit him and his development. He won't have the pressure of constantly trying to do something special with every action.

When Bayern are in possession there's an expectation from 1 through 11 and from 80,000 fans that you do something with the ball. The players he's been used to playing with are genuinely world class and he's trying to get up to their level with little groundwork.

With us, he'll be involved in the thick of the action, there'll be plenty of time without the ball and making sure he's pulling his weight. His physique and strength aren't going to be a problem in the EPL. He'll be able to put himself about with ease and he'll be competitive in the break down of play. The fans will love this, we'll get on side with that immediately.

His touch is simply exquisite, he can take a ball anywhere and get his body into position and protect that ball.

He has the ability to protect it and use his great balance to move away from danger and back into open play. We need this badly.

His passing is excellent. We saw some loose passes in the clips and he'll make bad ones again, but without the pressure of Muller, Ribery, Robben scowling at you, you watch the quality of this part of his game improving.

I see him in the second row in a 4-3-3 alongside Clucas and Carroll for one. From those clips I see him less further up the field at this very moment in time, although I may change my opinion on this having watched him in the flesh. His qualities seem more suited to winning the battle of midfield and getting us further up the pitch. I expect him to be hitting Bony regularly with quality low ball for him to hold up. I can see him supporting the attack perhaps, just maybe not being in it.

Clement is going to put an arm around him and keep him grounded. Grounded enough that he can enjoy his football again.

He's got all the natural resources you'll ever need in a footballer.

Exciting stuff.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Sanches in pre season. on 13:46 - Sep 3 with 4030 viewsTheResurrection

Ambitious Team for Newcastle

----------------- Fab --------------------

Naughts -- Fede - Maws -- Olsson

Carroll ----- Sanches ----- Clucas

Tammy ------ Bony ------ Ayew

Clement's Team for Newcastle

----------------- Fab --------------------

Naughts -- Fede - Maws -- Olsson

--------------- Carroll ------------------

Sanches ----------------------- Clucas

------------------ Fer --------------------

---------- Tammy ----- Ayew ---------

Sanches in pre season. on 13:55 - Sep 3 with 3996 viewsSmellyplumz

Sanches in pre season. on 13:29 - Sep 3 by TheResurrection

Icecold said great comments above - I couldn't find any relevant until this one from Bano.

The first half v Arsenal Sanches is all over the shop, some very poor decision making and a kid desperately trying to be on the same level as the superstars he ended up being in the same team as.

The rest of the clips show a player finding his mojo a little more. These are only friendly games but the company he's used to playing with and the 3 teams he's up against here are the best on offer.

He's going to find things a whole lot different with us. He's going to have to get stuck in and do a lot of the uglier side of the game. This will suit him and his development. He won't have the pressure of constantly trying to do something special with every action.

When Bayern are in possession there's an expectation from 1 through 11 and from 80,000 fans that you do something with the ball. The players he's been used to playing with are genuinely world class and he's trying to get up to their level with little groundwork.

With us, he'll be involved in the thick of the action, there'll be plenty of time without the ball and making sure he's pulling his weight. His physique and strength aren't going to be a problem in the EPL. He'll be able to put himself about with ease and he'll be competitive in the break down of play. The fans will love this, we'll get on side with that immediately.

His touch is simply exquisite, he can take a ball anywhere and get his body into position and protect that ball.

He has the ability to protect it and use his great balance to move away from danger and back into open play. We need this badly.

His passing is excellent. We saw some loose passes in the clips and he'll make bad ones again, but without the pressure of Muller, Ribery, Robben scowling at you, you watch the quality of this part of his game improving.

I see him in the second row in a 4-3-3 alongside Clucas and Carroll for one. From those clips I see him less further up the field at this very moment in time, although I may change my opinion on this having watched him in the flesh. His qualities seem more suited to winning the battle of midfield and getting us further up the pitch. I expect him to be hitting Bony regularly with quality low ball for him to hold up. I can see him supporting the attack perhaps, just maybe not being in it.

Clement is going to put an arm around him and keep him grounded. Grounded enough that he can enjoy his football again.

Exciting stuff.

Spot on with that.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Sanches in pre season. on 14:00 - Sep 3 with 3983 viewsEilian

Interesting.

I think he will go for the same side that started against Palace. Depending on how settled Sanches is and how the game is going then we may see Sanches come on for Fer later in the second half.

Alternatively, then we may see Messa get a start. But I don't think that that is likely.

The exact same goes for Bony really. Although they will have had time to train and settle here before we play Newcastle, I don't think that they will have had time to train with the team for Clement to be happy that they fit in and understand the team roles and tactics.

I can see bony maybe starting against spurs. If not the Reading could be the time for both players to get their first start.
Sanches in pre season. on 14:27 - Sep 3 with 3932 viewsTheResurrection

Sanches in pre season. on 14:00 - Sep 3 by Eilian

Interesting.

I think he will go for the same side that started against Palace. Depending on how settled Sanches is and how the game is going then we may see Sanches come on for Fer later in the second half.

Alternatively, then we may see Messa get a start. But I don't think that that is likely.

The exact same goes for Bony really. Although they will have had time to train and settle here before we play Newcastle, I don't think that they will have had time to train with the team for Clement to be happy that they fit in and understand the team roles and tactics.

I can see bony maybe starting against spurs. If not the Reading could be the time for both players to get their first start.

Maybe... Any player will understand the ethos of not changing a winning side. They will accept that.

I think Sanches is ready, however. Bony you could argue wouldn't be, as hasn't played for so long. But Clement will be keen to get them minutes as quickly as possible and we need to start using them.

Sanches in pre season. on 14:38 - Sep 3 with 3908 viewsGaz_M

Exciting stuff.

Good post. I was surprised when I saw who posted it.
Sanches in pre season. on 14:40 - Sep 3 with 3901 viewsBanosswan

Exciting stuff.

I wasn't on about Sanches, there's another guy doing warming up drills.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Sanches in pre season. on 20:51 - Sep 3 with 3626 viewsDJack

Exciting stuff.

TBH Res he grew into the Arsenal game as time went on. His passing was simple and mostly effective - even if the ball travelled at a sedentary pace to his team-mates. He moved about a lot to provide an out-ball to his team mates. He did show some naivety at times and the pressure of the penalty outdone him

Your critique is a good one, referencing his touch and strength (and the few bad passes). In the clips he did get stuck in but as I previously said there was some naivety but the signs are good.

The one thing I will say is that as fans we need to support him vocally, even if it is just to drown out the idiots who will crucify him for any mistakes. Be vocal also , as you said, just so he can enjoy his football and grow with/for us .

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Sanches in pre season. on 21:46 - Sep 3 with 3525 viewsTheResurrection

Sanches in pre season. on 20:51 - Sep 3 by DJack

TBH Res he grew into the Arsenal game as time went on. His passing was simple and mostly effective - even if the ball travelled at a sedentary pace to his team-mates. He moved about a lot to provide an out-ball to his team mates. He did show some naivety at times and the pressure of the penalty outdone him

Your critique is a good one, referencing his touch and strength (and the few bad passes). In the clips he did get stuck in but as I previously said there was some naivety but the signs are good.

The one thing I will say is that as fans we need to support him vocally, even if it is just to drown out the idiots who will crucify him for any mistakes. Be vocal also , as you said, just so he can enjoy his football and grow with/for us .

Yep, that's why I said the 1st half v Arsenal ;-)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024