Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Female commentators 20:49 - Sep 2 with 5253 viewsSwanzay

I have notice in recent weeks that the BBC have gone into overdrive with female commentators across all aspects of sport this season, rugby today on R5 live etc and golf.

Which I fully welcome, however why do their male counterparts seems hell bent on asking them questions that seem to put it mildly forced ...

Female commentators on 21:13 - Sep 2 with 4817 viewsKilkennyjack

Yes - good thing.

Beware of the Risen People

Female commentators on 21:19 - Sep 2 with 4808 viewsDarran

Female commentators on 21:13 - Sep 2 by Kilkennyjack

Yes - good thing.

It's better to have them commentating than playing that's for sure.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Female commentators on 21:21 - Sep 2 with 4806 viewsSwanzay

Female commentators on 21:19 - Sep 2 by Darran

Female commentators on 22:17 - Sep 2 with 4751 viewsswanjackal

Female commentators on 21:19 - Sep 2 by Darran

Just like most modern TV controls have the red button for use with alternative commentary, there is an inbuilt one too for female commentary......it's called "mute".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Female commentators on 22:34 - Sep 2 with 4731 viewsBrynCartwright

Your use of English is painful. Could you please rephrase that.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Female commentators on 22:50 - Sep 2 with 4704 viewsdailew

No complaints here.

[Post edited 2 Sep 2017 23:03]

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Female commentators on 00:37 - Sep 3 with 4651 viewsSoberBaker

Female commentators on 22:17 - Sep 2 by swanjackal

Just like most modern TV controls have the red button for use with alternative commentary, there is an inbuilt one too for female commentary......it's called "mute".

Init.

This diversity Shyte is going too far now. Women should be nowhere near this stuff. They should be picking flowers or chatting too much to someone.

Yours

A. Caveman.

AMOW

Female commentators on 01:28 - Sep 3 with 4629 viewsNeathJack

There should be an option for no commentary.

If you're an a game/event then you don't have or feel the need for someone wittering on about what is happening in the game so why is it needed when watching on tv?
Login to get fewer ads

Female commentators on 08:20 - Sep 3 with 4559 viewssquarebear

When I watched football on German TV, if nothing much was happening the commentator would basically STFU. The production team felt no need to fill the silence with pointless blarb.

It took some getting used to (initially I'd worry that maybe the German commentator might've had a heart attack or something).

As receptive as I am to having female commentaries I sometimes find their higher pitch a bit grating. Though over time most commentators start to get on my tits, male or female.
Female commentators on 13:54 - Sep 3 with 4426 viewsr0ckin

It's the BBC doing what the BBC does, window dressing.

It's long overdue to be privatised.

Peace

Female commentators on 14:04 - Sep 3 with 4408 viewsjack2jack

Call me old-fashioned,but it just doesn't work for me.Sorry ladies.
Female commentators on 14:15 - Sep 3 with 4391 viewsr0ckin

Female commentators on 14:04 - Sep 3 by jack2jack

Call me old-fashioned,but it just doesn't work for me.Sorry ladies.

Some of them are genuinely good e.g. Kelly Cates.

I've watched her on the debate and her line of questions is genuinely insightful with a real 'knowledge' that goes beyond the sheet of paper.

There are others that sound so clearly been put through journalism school and support one of the top 4 you can spot it a mile off and its switch off.

Sky are always infinitely better in their coverage, you always feel they pick on talent not ticking a box.

Peace

Female commentators on 14:21 - Sep 3 with 4384 viewsr0ckin

As with their paper equivalent the guardian, the BBC don't believe in equality of opportunity, they believe in equality of outcome and that's where problems are created.

Peace

Female commentators on 14:23 - Sep 3 with 4382 viewsjack2jack

Female commentators on 14:15 - Sep 3 by r0ckin

I've watched her on the debate and her line of questions is genuinely insightful with a real 'knowledge' that goes beyond the sheet of paper.

There are others that sound so clearly been put through journalism school and support one of the top 4 you can spot it a mile off and its switch off.

Sky are always infinitely better in their coverage, you always feel they pick on talent not ticking a box.

I appreciate your point,but not for me.
Tennis is the only one I can think of that works,just my view.
Female commentators on 14:31 - Sep 3 with 4372 viewsr0ckin

Female commentators on 14:23 - Sep 3 by jack2jack

I appreciate your point,but not for me.
Tennis is the only one I can think of that works,just my view.

I'm talking more in terms of presentation not commentating.

I hate listening to female commentators, they sound ridiculous. There's a beautiful presenter on the cricket called Isha, she's fine to present but on commentary it just doesn't work the pitch is all wrong.

And the BBC being the BBC have start putting women on TMS now breaking up the old school tie brigade which was the very reason to listen to it because it was so old fashioned and quintessentially British. Blowers said they actually had more female listeners than men, but the beeb being the beeb had to change it up and the dynamics have changed to a more 'professional' broadcast which is utterly pointless and loses the charm element.

Peace

Female commentators on 14:32 - Sep 3 with 4371 viewsexiledclaseboy

Female commentators on 14:15 - Sep 3 by r0ckin

So you're happy as long as you can see the perty ladies on Sky. But stick them behind a microphone so you can only hear them and not appreciate their aesthetic qualities and that's a step too far for you. You really are a new age, 21st century guy. We'll be letting them vote next, mark my words.

Poll: Tory leader

Female commentators on 14:39 - Sep 3 with 4359 viewsexiledclaseboy

Female commentators on 14:31 - Sep 3 by r0ckin

I hate listening to female commentators, they sound ridiculous. There's a beautiful presenter on the cricket called Isha, she's fine to present but on commentary it just doesn't work the pitch is all wrong.

And the BBC being the BBC have start putting women on TMS now breaking up the old school tie brigade which was the very reason to listen to it because it was so old fashioned and quintessentially British. Blowers said they actually had more female listeners than men, but the beeb being the beeb had to change it up and the dynamics have changed to a more 'professional' broadcast which is utterly pointless and loses the charm element.

Alison Mitchell has been on TMS for at least ten years.

Female commentators on 14:41 - Sep 3 with 4356 viewsjack2jack

Female commentators on 14:31 - Sep 3 by r0ckin

Ok I see,yes there are some good presenter's out there I do like our Gabby,i like her style, relaxed,she doesn't seem to be trying too hard.
But again commentators not for me.
Female commentators on 14:51 - Sep 3 with 4343 viewsr0ckin

Female commentators on 14:39 - Sep 3 by exiledclaseboy

Alison Mitchell has been on TMS for at least ten years.

She's ok but nothing more, but very much from the professional to the core school of commentating.

I'd sooner here Aggers and Boycott having some banter anyday, but that's just a personal preference.

I'm not against female sports broadcasters, as I've already said. What I'm against is the BBC mentality of we 'HAVE' to have a female mentality. Which is so obvious in anything they produce and as has been pointed out it will become more apparent.

They are obsessed by it and it shows because it's not organic. Sky do it much better and you can tell because bar the dolly birds of sky sports news the quality of presenters on sky sports and sky news is far higher in my opinion.

Peace

Female commentators on 14:53 - Sep 3 with 4336 viewsr0ckin

Female commentators on 14:32 - Sep 3 by exiledclaseboy

So you're happy as long as you can see the perty ladies on Sky. But stick them behind a microphone so you can only hear them and not appreciate their aesthetic qualities and that's a step too far for you. You really are a new age, 21st century guy. We'll be letting them vote next, mark my words.

There he is the man who puts words in other peoples mouths as usual.

You're so predictable, I could almost type up your response.

It's quite funny because I've just responded to another post of yours which completely contradicts your classic jump to conclusion mentality.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2017 15:02]

Peace

Female commentators on 17:11 - Sep 3 with 4267 viewsYossarian

I would prefer ANYONE to Barry Horne...

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Female commentators on 17:16 - Sep 3 with 4260 viewsexiledclaseboy

Female commentators on 17:11 - Sep 3 by Yossarian

I would prefer ANYONE to Barry Horne...

And so say all of us. Except Rockin cos he reckons birds should be either in the litchen or the bedroom. Probably.

Female commentators on 17:23 - Sep 3 with 4248 viewsDr_Winston

SKY employ Paul Merson. Any argument that they hire exclusively on talent can't withstand that simple fact.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Female commentators on 19:03 - Sep 3 with 4198 viewsicecoldjack

Like with many other aspects of life there is a current trend to fill a post not with the best person for the job but with a nod towards political correctness.

The BBC are the worst culprits yet oddly they don't rate women highly enough to give them pay parity !
Female commentators on 19:04 - Sep 3 with 4197 viewsDarran

Female commentators on 19:03 - Sep 3 by icecoldjack

Like with many other aspects of life there is a current trend to fill a post not with the best person for the job but with a nod towards political correctness.

The BBC are the worst culprits yet oddly they don't rate women highly enough to give them pay parity !

Haha now that's what you call a fuçking great post.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024