Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clement - I Understand Why Fernando Left 07:30 - Sep 4 with 6838 viewsSwansIndependent

Clement - I Understand Why Fernando Left 4th Sep 2017 07:30
Fernando Llorente joined Tottenham Hotspur on transfer deadline day last week despite being hotly tipped to join Chelsea but Swans boss Paul Clement understands why he left at this stage of his career. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Clement - I Understand Why Fernando Left on 09:23 - Sep 4 with 4123 viewsjohnlangy

I can't believe the comment from Simon Jordan in that article. He can't trap a bag of cement.

What a chubby faced know nothing tw&t.
Clement - I Understand Why Fernando Left on 09:33 - Sep 4 with 4094 viewswhoflungdung

Jordan night well be distracted right now pondering when to fire De Boer and replace him with Woy Hodgson. You read it here first

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Clement - I Understand Why Fernando Left on 09:49 - Sep 4 with 4054 viewsFireboy2

Clement - I Understand Why Fernando Left on 09:23 - Sep 4 by johnlangy

I can't believe the comment from Simon Jordan in that article. He can't trap a bag of cement.

Well that bloke who 'couldn't trap a bag of cement' scored quite a few goals that helped keep us in the the PL

How many goals did benteke score?

What a tool Jordan is
Clement - I Understand Why Fernando Left on 09:51 - Sep 4 with 4048 viewsmax936

Clement - I Understand Why Fernando Left on 09:33 - Sep 4 by whoflungdung

Jordan night well be distracted right now pondering when to fire De Boer and replace him with Woy Hodgson. You read it here first

Don't think he has any control at Palace any more Rich, Simon Parish runs the show these days, Jordans a Gobshite though, although he does have a bit of a point, Llorente's first touch could be poor under pressure, not that I'm gonna slag him off as he did great for us [and himself] the King is dead long live the King and all that guff

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Clement - I Understand Why Fernando Left on 09:55 - Sep 4 with 4026 viewsDafyddHuw

I haven't read the article, but I know why he left too - he swapped playing every week for a shedload more money.
Clement - I Understand Why Fernando Left on 10:02 - Sep 4 with 4013 viewsDafyddHuw

Apparently not being able to trap a bag of cement is a requisite to get you in the Spanish team and become a household name in Spanish football.

Worra div.
Clement - I Understand Why Fernando Left on 10:42 - Sep 4 with 3889 viewsswanforthemoney

Clement - I Understand Why Fernando Left on 09:55 - Sep 4 by DafyddHuw

I haven't read the article, but I know why he left too - he swapped playing every week for a shedload more money.

How much more is he being paid at Spurs ?

I stand in the North Stand

Clement - I Understand Why Fernando Left on 10:45 - Sep 4 with 3875 viewsSPboy

So he left for a big club - to sit on the bench and get paid a lot more money.

Here is another fact - the club accepted a bid for him and told him so. He did not ask to leave and was happy to stay.

Shame to have to end your career with little prospect of being in the starting line up of your club ever again
Login to get fewer ads

Clement - I Understand Why Fernando Left on 11:00 - Sep 4 with 3844 viewsmax936

Clement - I Understand Why Fernando Left on 10:45 - Sep 4 by SPboy

Here is another fact - the club accepted a bid for him and told him so. He did not ask to leave and was happy to stay.

Shame to have to end your career with little prospect of being in the starting line up of your club ever again

Its really disappointing if that's true, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit the way we are at the moment, then again if he was offered a contract extension but wouldn't accept it the Club didn't have much choice once that bid come in, 12 mill for a player that scored 15 goals last season is a bargain though, last year of his contract or not
[Post edited 4 Sep 2017 17:34]

Clement - I Understand Why Fernando Left on 11:18 - Sep 4 with 3801 viewsPegojack

I think he's become the Fellaini of Spurs, sit on the bench through most of the matches, come on for the last ten minutes so they can pump high balls at you if they're chasing the game and can't make the breakthrough any other way.

Nice work if you can get it!
[Post edited 4 Sep 2017 11:19]
Clement - I Understand Why Fernando Left on 11:19 - Sep 4 with 3793 viewsjack247

Clement - I Understand Why Fernando Left on 09:33 - Sep 4 by whoflungdung

That's been the rumour all week, was all over the Sunday papers. I'm a lot more comfortable with Palace and West Ham being in the market for managers now than I would have been had we not finished the transfer window well.
Clement - I Understand Why Fernando Left on 11:27 - Sep 4 with 3752 viewsTheResurrection

What Jordan said was completely true.

Llorente's first touch is shocking, his hold up play very, very ordinary.

But, in the air he's world class.

Oh, and he would've been on the bench for us this season as well, like he was originally bought for.

Llorente's playing days are done.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Clement - I Understand Why Fernando Left on 11:29 - Sep 4 with 3744 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Spurs or Swans .🤔

99 % Would pick Spurs ,apart from some lunatics on here .

3 manages last year at our basket case of a club ,one, another lunatic telling him to get back to basics & pass with his instep probably helped his decision.

Some will be on about the Swansea curse soon .
I doubt he gives a flying .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Clement - I Understand Why Fernando Left on 12:15 - Sep 4 with 3617 viewsGlyn1

So? When he joined us it was to warm the bench because Baston was our main man.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Clement - I Understand Why Fernando Left on 14:17 - Sep 4 with 3355 viewsLoyal

Clement - I understand why Fernando left.

'And sorry for stringing you mugs along'

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Clement - I Understand Why Fernando Left on 14:24 - Sep 4 with 3334 viewsAl_Bundy

Clement - I know why Llorente left for Spurs

SCFC Fan base - Bigger club and more money !!

Hope that clears things up
Clement - I Understand Why Fernando Left on 15:23 - Sep 4 with 3251 viewsSPboy

Clement - I Understand Why Fernando Left on 11:00 - Sep 4 by max936

Its really disappointing if that's true, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit the way we are at the moment, then again if he was offered a contract extension but wouldn't accept it the Club didn't have much choice once that bid come in, 12 mill for a player that scored 15 goals last season is a bargain though, last year of his contract or not
[Post edited 4 Sep 2017 17:34]

agree that the offer was too good for our board to turn down as Bony was already lined up. Some people will be calling him greedy etc. etc. But he never made it known that he wanted out, he was happy to stay. With Bony coming in maybe he could see the script was already written and he gets a crack at the much over hyped Champions League.

I can remember some our fans saying that Bony couldn't trap a bag of cement when he joined us last time around - hope he hits the ground running
Clement - I Understand Why Fernando Left on 15:29 - Sep 4 with 3233 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

He handled his exit far more gracefully than other players have done.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Clement - I Understand Why Fernando Left on 16:02 - Sep 4 with 3161 viewsSPboy

Clement - I Understand Why Fernando Left on 11:27 - Sep 4 by TheResurrection

What Jordan said was completely true.

Llorente's first touch is shocking, his hold up play very, very ordinary.

But, in the air he's world class.

Oh, and he would've been on the bench for us this season as well, like he was originally bought for.

Llorente's playing days are done.

You say that Llorente was destined for the bench even if he stayed - presumably you believe that Tammy was destined to be no.1 choice ?

If you believe that the signing of Bony was the gong for Llorente's departure why did we leave the signing of Bony until the last day of the window ? It's not like we are strapped for cash after selling Gylfi is it ?

I am surprised that you can say that anyone's playing days are done just a few months after scoring 15 goals in his first season in the PL
Clement - I Understand Why Fernando Left on 17:26 - Sep 4 with 2997 viewshobo

He was very poor in the first couple of months of the season. I remember watching him in the home match v Hull and if you told me he'd go on to score 15 goals that season I would never have believed you. Thankfully he settled in, and the rest is history :)
Clement - I Understand Why Fernando Left on 17:39 - Sep 4 with 2955 viewsmax936

I see that Spurs have left Jansen out of their Champions League squad if he's available in January he'd be worth considering, young player who is quick and can play wide as well as up top.

Clement - I Understand Why Fernando Left on 17:49 - Sep 4 with 2930 viewsLoyal

Clement - I Understand Why Fernando Left on 15:29 - Sep 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He handled his exit far more gracefully than other players have done.

Yup, just sit their fcking smiling being a nice bloke whilst everyone else orchestrates the bullshit 👍
[Post edited 4 Sep 2017 17:50]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Clement - I Understand Why Fernando Left on 17:51 - Sep 4 with 2922 viewsDafyddHuw

"Here is another fact - the club accepted a bid for him and told him so. He did not ask to leave and was happy to stay. "

And here's another fact - just because the club accepted a bid for him means squat. If he decided he really wanted to stay, and walk away at the end of the season, then he was perfectly entitled to.
He signed a contract for two years. If we wanted him to go before thenand he didn't, tough on the club. iIf he wanted to go b efore then and the club didn't, tough on him. Ask Coutinho.
Clement - I Understand Why Fernando Left on 18:16 - Sep 4 with 2868 viewsSPboy

Clement - I Understand Why Fernando Left on 17:51 - Sep 4 by DafyddHuw

"Here is another fact - the club accepted a bid for him and told him so. He did not ask to leave and was happy to stay. "

And here's another fact - just because the club accepted a bid for him means squat. If he decided he really wanted to stay, and walk away at the end of the season, then he was perfectly entitled to.
He signed a contract for two years. If we wanted him to go before thenand he didn't, tough on the club. iIf he wanted to go b efore then and the club didn't, tough on him. Ask Coutinho.

Thought that is what I said ?

Why don't you take the biscuit for stating the bleeding obvious sir
Clement - I Understand Why Fernando Left on 18:45 - Sep 4 with 2786 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Nothing worse than a women scorned

by f@ck 😂

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024