Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huw Pleased 10:33 - Sep 4 with 3895 viewsSwanzay

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/huw-pleased-swans-transfer-deals
Huw Pleased on 10:53 - Sep 4 with 2788 viewsPrivate_Partz

Pleased to hear him say it is PC that is bringing in the players. I still find it difficult to believe Bony was one of Clem's signings though , or even Mesa for that matter.

Don't worry though Huw. You certainly haven't overstretched us financially. I also hope we have not got to spend in January either as it will mean we are struggling yet again. Injuries are another issue.....

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Huw Pleased on 10:55 - Sep 4 with 2773 viewsMo_Wives

You can tell he's happy because his nose has gone hard.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Huw Pleased on 10:55 - Sep 4 with 2773 viewswhiterock

Huw Pleased on 10:53 - Sep 4 by Private_Partz

Pleased to hear him say it is PC that is bringing in the players. I still find it difficult to believe Bony was one of Clem's signings though , or even Mesa for that matter.

Don't worry though Huw. You certainly haven't overstretched us financially. I also hope we have not got to spend in January either as it will mean we are struggling yet again. Injuries are another issue.....

Can always freshen up in Jan, clubs may want to offload players not making the squad or perhaps with 6/18 months left on a contract
Huw Pleased on 10:56 - Sep 4 with 2772 viewsPegojack

I agree with you wholeheartedly, Huw, you backstabbing sellout w*nker.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2017 10:56]
Huw Pleased on 11:03 - Sep 4 with 2726 viewsmax936

Huw Pleased on 10:56 - Sep 4 by Pegojack

I agree with you wholeheartedly, Huw, you backstabbing sellout w*nker.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2017 10:56]

I can't bring myself to click on the link, I'm not interested in anything he's got to say and I certainly don't want to see his mug.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Huw Pleased on 11:18 - Sep 4 with 2643 viewsSmellyplumz

Go f uck your self rooster nose.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Huw Pleased on 11:27 - Sep 4 with 2605 viewsAl_Bundy

Considering two of the transfers are loans we should be in a decent financial position.

Hopefully Tammy and Sanches will do the business for us but next summer they could be another two big positions to fill again.
Huw Pleased on 11:34 - Sep 4 with 2572 viewsTom1912

Huw Pleased on 10:53 - Sep 4 by Private_Partz

I agree on Bony, I suspect he was presented to Clement as the option we wanted.

Mesa however had quite a reputation in Spain so I wouldn't be surprised if he was involved.
Login to get fewer ads

Huw Pleased on 11:34 - Sep 4 with 2564 viewsmax936

Huw Pleased on 11:27 - Sep 4 by Al_Bundy

Considering two of the transfers are loans we should be in a decent financial position.

Hopefully Tammy and Sanches will do the business for us but next summer they could be another two big positions to fill again.

That could be someone else's problem though, if the Yanks secure the Liberty lease and decide to offload the Club.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2017 11:35]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Huw Pleased on 11:36 - Sep 4 with 2555 viewsWarwickHunt

"Looking back, we lost our two top goalscorers (Sigurdsson and Llorente) from last season and when that happened it was always going to be difficult to turn things around and maintain the same levels."

Yeah - no one saw that coming did they? You utter fücking prick.
Huw Pleased on 11:36 - Sep 4 with 2552 viewsmonmouth

Huw Pleased on 10:55 - Sep 4 by Mo_Wives

You can tell he's happy because his nose has gone hard.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Huw Pleased on 11:38 - Sep 4 with 2533 viewsMo_Wives

Huw Pleased on 11:36 - Sep 4 by monmouth

Just hope the big guy doesn't sneeze. Someone may end up with child.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Huw Pleased on 11:48 - Sep 4 with 2488 viewsPorthcawlswan

The "overvalued" player is definitely chadli
Huw Pleased on 11:57 - Sep 4 with 2450 viewsjack247

It wasn't a monumental window but it was far better than we have become accustomed to. Still very light at the back, particularly if we are going to play 3 centre backs. I think we have got goals in us now though, should play a bit more attractive football at the right times too.
Huw Pleased on 12:27 - Sep 4 with 2312 viewsDr_Winston

People are still fixated on the idea of one person being responsible for identifying and bringing in players. Clubs just don't work that way any more. No PL club is going to put an eight figure transfer budget in the hands of someone who could get sacked after half a dozen bad results.

Difference for us now is that Clement plays a full and active part in the process whereas recently the managers have been cut out of it. As long as whoever is brought in is brought in after his consultation and approval then what does it matter who suggested them?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Huw Pleased on 14:33 - Sep 4 with 2026 viewsPrivate_Partz

Huw Pleased on 12:27 - Sep 4 by Dr_Winston

People are still fixated on the idea of one person being responsible for identifying and bringing in players. Clubs just don't work that way any more. No PL club is going to put an eight figure transfer budget in the hands of someone who could get sacked after half a dozen bad results.

Difference for us now is that Clement plays a full and active part in the process whereas recently the managers have been cut out of it. As long as whoever is brought in is brought in after his consultation and approval then what does it matter who suggested them?

Well it looks like Clem has had much more say this time. I agree most clubs don't work with one man in charge but we have. There is no doubt it happened under Guidolin and under ML in the latter part of his time here as one of the ploys to get him out of the club. Gary Monk is debatable too. I think he had a say in who was going but not much in relation to who was coming in.
I am happier Clem has a say though. Not so happy in the depth of the squad or the time it has taken to carry out the transactions. That can still be held at the HJ door unless of course the negotiations were left to Clem as well. Very unlikely I would say.
I hope this is the first stage in getting Jenkins out the door by rendering him surplus to requirements.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Huw Pleased on 14:39 - Sep 4 with 2003 views34dfgdf54

Agree with pretty much everything he has said to be fair, still gutted about the right back situation but we can make do until Jan.
Huw Pleased on 15:05 - Sep 4 with 1912 viewsjack247

Huw Pleased on 14:33 - Sep 4 by Private_Partz

Well it looks like Clem has had much more say this time. I agree most clubs don't work with one man in charge but we have. There is no doubt it happened under Guidolin and under ML in the latter part of his time here as one of the ploys to get him out of the club. Gary Monk is debatable too. I think he had a say in who was going but not much in relation to who was coming in.
I am happier Clem has a say though. Not so happy in the depth of the squad or the time it has taken to carry out the transactions. That can still be held at the HJ door unless of course the negotiations were left to Clem as well. Very unlikely I would say.
I hope this is the first stage in getting Jenkins out the door by rendering him surplus to requirements.

Personal opinion is Jenkins will be here until the majority owners sell up
Huw Pleased on 15:08 - Sep 4 with 1903 viewsheadcleaner

bit of sick in my mouth. what a greedy kent
Huw Pleased on 15:27 - Sep 4 with 1837 viewsYossarian

Huw Pleased on 11:03 - Sep 4 by max936

I can't bring myself to click on the link, I'm not interested in anything he's got to say and I certainly don't want to see his mug.

This

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Huw Pleased on 15:43 - Sep 4 with 1797 viewsUxbridge

Huw Pleased on 12:27 - Sep 4 by Dr_Winston

I'm not sure that's the difference, or at least not the whole story. Under Monk we signed a certain type of footballer .... more based on physical attributes rather than technical. The last two windows have seen a rejection of that, in the main. While I don't doubt that Guidolin wasn't as active in the recruitment process as Clement seems to be, I'm not convinced that also applied to Monk.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Huw Pleased on 15:48 - Sep 4 with 1781 viewsSPboy

You just couldn't make this stuff up:

"But as a club we are in a good, healthy financial position again. Then if we need one or two more players to strengthen again in January, there will also probably be better options available."

Because we all know it is so much easier to do business in January don't we Huw ??

I'll make a prediction here and now ... we will definitely need to strengthen in January irrespective of our League position because we are no stronger now than we were at the end of the season ... in fact quite the opposite
Huw Pleased on 16:58 - Sep 4 with 1662 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

First the Trust did him a favour by extinguishing any hope of legal action against him and now a passable transfer window. His position is looking very comfortable compared to what it was a month ago. I'm sure he's more than pleased right now.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Huw Pleased on 17:19 - Sep 4 with 1616 viewsSTID2017

Huw Pleased on 15:48 - Sep 4 by SPboy

You just couldn't make this stuff up:

"But as a club we are in a good, healthy financial position again. Then if we need one or two more players to strengthen again in January, there will also probably be better options available."

Because we all know it is so much easier to do business in January don't we Huw ??

I'll make a prediction here and now ... we will definitely need to strengthen in January irrespective of our League position because we are no stronger now than we were at the end of the season ... in fact quite the opposite

I understand everyone's anger towards HJ, but the squad is looking very strong and exciting at the moment IMO.
I think you are allowing your negativity towards off the field events cloud your judgement towards the squad.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Huw Pleased on 17:20 - Sep 4 with 1612 viewsDr_Winston

Huw Pleased on 15:43 - Sep 4 by Uxbridge

I'm not sure that's the difference, or at least not the whole story. Under Monk we signed a certain type of footballer .... more based on physical attributes rather than technical. The last two windows have seen a rejection of that, in the main. While I don't doubt that Guidolin wasn't as active in the recruitment process as Clement seems to be, I'm not convinced that also applied to Monk.

Maybe Monk as the Golden Boy had more say than Laudrup did towards the end, but I'd be very, very surprised it was as much as Clement does now.

I'd tend towards the belief that as a rookie manager Monk was largely out of the loop when it came to signing reinforcements.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024