Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Genderless Clothes 20:20 - Sep 4 with 26263 viewsDarran

Please,just fuçk off you daft twáts.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Genderless Clothes on 13:56 - Sep 5 with 2369 viewswobbly

I can't believe we are three pages into a thread about John Lewis and not one person has mentioned that the new Managing Director is hot.

https://goo.gl/images/HnN7Nm

Poor show, planetswans. Poor show.
Genderless Clothes on 13:59 - Sep 5 with 2361 viewsSenhin

Genderless Clothes on 13:48 - Sep 5 by londonlisa2001

I don't think John Lewis are saying that though.

As it happens, I think the idea of gender is probably far more complicated than has been commonly accepted to be the case.

In nature, there are all sorts of examples of gender actually being fairly fluid and I don't see why humans would be so different. Traditional civilisations had a very different attitude towards it than us.

I never understand why anyone gets worked up by this stuff. It has no impact on anyone's daily life. It doesn't hurt anyone. So why are people so frightened by it? Life would be bloody dull if everyone was exactly the same, and yet, I honestly think some people are terrified of anything that's even vaguely different or unusual as though its very existence changes them or the way they want to live in some way.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2017 13:50]

Maybe it upsets them cos they are scared they might check out a guy thinking it's a girl. I've had a few men walk past me and turn around to check out the front side too only to look a bit horrified. And that's just from being slender, wearing boots, a kind of long cardigan and having hair that's more than a couple of inches long. They are scared they'll have to worry about more men in dresses soon and that will really confuse them. Sounds perfectly reasonable that to spare them some blushes every now and then everyone should stick to a rigid colour coded system...

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Genderless Clothes on 14:07 - Sep 5 with 2337 viewsMo_Wives

Genderless Clothes on 13:48 - Sep 5 by londonlisa2001

I don't think John Lewis are saying that though.

As it happens, I think the idea of gender is probably far more complicated than has been commonly accepted to be the case.

In nature, there are all sorts of examples of gender actually being fairly fluid and I don't see why humans would be so different. Traditional civilisations had a very different attitude towards it than us.

I never understand why anyone gets worked up by this stuff. It has no impact on anyone's daily life. It doesn't hurt anyone. So why are people so frightened by it? Life would be bloody dull if everyone was exactly the same, and yet, I honestly think some people are terrified of anything that's even vaguely different or unusual as though its very existence changes them or the way they want to live in some way.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2017 13:50]

I agree about John Lewis. I have no problem with what they're doing...or anyone who want's to say "FFS, John Lewis"

Now the gender studies types like to play fast and loose with gender and biological sex. This f*ckwit is saying there is no biological sex differences...not gender. And I'm sure you agree, there is a difference biologically between men and women (intersex is anomaly).
Now in nature it's true that species like Clown fish will change sex. When they do you can biologically test them and one is male and then it's female. A human putting on make up and a dress is not the same, it has not changed gender. A man in a dress still has all male chromosomes...except, ironically, in the sperm housed in his b0ll0cks. The dress has not biologically changed his sex.

A reason to get wound up would be a professor at a university teaching kids that there is no difference between a biological man and woman. Universities are suppose to be places where truth is taught. Not where left wing ideological bullshit trumps truth.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Genderless Clothes on 14:08 - Sep 5 with 2335 viewslondonlisa2001

Genderless Clothes on 13:59 - Sep 5 by Senhin

Maybe it upsets them cos they are scared they might check out a guy thinking it's a girl. I've had a few men walk past me and turn around to check out the front side too only to look a bit horrified. And that's just from being slender, wearing boots, a kind of long cardigan and having hair that's more than a couple of inches long. They are scared they'll have to worry about more men in dresses soon and that will really confuse them. Sounds perfectly reasonable that to spare them some blushes every now and then everyone should stick to a rigid colour coded system...

There seem to be a significant number of men that have a very fragile hold on their own masculinity and heterosexuality.

They should all get themselves t-shirts that say 'Big and butch and very straight'. I'm sure they could pick one up on any self respecting gay website.
Genderless Clothes on 14:09 - Sep 5 with 2334 viewsgolly47

Genderless Clothes on 12:30 - Sep 5 by londonlisa2001

The only one getting triggered by pronouns is you.

Oh, and the kid in that picture is far more likely to get to realise their dreams and not let anyone stop them, as they have the courage to live their own life and they dare to be different. It's not them who's a snowflake.

I'm the one getting triggered by pronouns? It's male and female, nothing else. Women have two XX chromosomes, men have XY. What's so hard to grasp? If you honestly think that there are more, then you are completely mental.

Poll: What was worse?

Genderless Clothes on 14:14 - Sep 5 with 2325 viewsSenhin

Genderless Clothes on 14:09 - Sep 5 by golly47

I'm the one getting triggered by pronouns? It's male and female, nothing else. Women have two XX chromosomes, men have XY. What's so hard to grasp? If you honestly think that there are more, then you are completely mental.

Actually you can have two XXs and be born male and vice versa, so it's obviously a little bit hard to grasp if you didn't?

Genderless Clothes on 14:28 - Sep 5 with 2314 viewsMrSwerve

Ah, leftie ad hominem. I thought it was going too well.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Genderless Clothes on 14:31 - Sep 5 with 2307 viewslondonlisa2001

Genderless Clothes on 14:07 - Sep 5 by Mo_Wives

I agree about John Lewis. I have no problem with what they're doing...or anyone who want's to say "FFS, John Lewis"

Now the gender studies types like to play fast and loose with gender and biological sex. This f*ckwit is saying there is no biological sex differences...not gender. And I'm sure you agree, there is a difference biologically between men and women (intersex is anomaly).
Now in nature it's true that species like Clown fish will change sex. When they do you can biologically test them and one is male and then it's female. A human putting on make up and a dress is not the same, it has not changed gender. A man in a dress still has all male chromosomes...except, ironically, in the sperm housed in his b0ll0cks. The dress has not biologically changed his sex.

A reason to get wound up would be a professor at a university teaching kids that there is no difference between a biological man and woman. Universities are suppose to be places where truth is taught. Not where left wing ideological bullshit trumps truth.

Even in the area of biological sex (as opposed to gender), there is certainly more fluidity than people being either male or female. It's simply not the case that there is XX or XY and that's that.

And the theory of 'one sex' was prevalent for many hundreds of years, where scientists believed that the sexual reproductive system of men and women was fundamentally the same.

I haven't listened to the clip you posted, so have no idea whether this bloke is reasonable or not.

People tend towards being male or female in terms of the sexual characteristics. That is not the same as being definitively one or the other as far as scientists tell us, as there seems to be an entire range of possibilities between two absolutes. But you're moving between sex and gender in your arguments. They're not the same thing.
Login to get fewer ads

Genderless Clothes on 14:34 - Sep 5 with 2301 viewslondonlisa2001

Genderless Clothes on 14:28 - Sep 5 by MrSwerve

Ah, leftie ad hominem. I thought it was going too well.

Haven't seen any ad hominem posts on the thread, other than one which said people who think it's more complicated than 'XX or XY' must be mental.
Genderless Clothes on 15:05 - Sep 5 with 2272 viewsSenhin

I can't be arsed with 58 or however many genders and what they mean, even though I'm blatantly not manly and could probably find one on the list that applies to me. It just doesn't interest me. As far as I see it in a straight gay, just with some more feminine tastes and features... I don't feel the need to find a word for it, as I feel it's pretty obvious to people.

That's me though. If someone else isn't happy with that and wants a specific new word that they feel better describes them for whatever reason, that's fine by me too. It doesn't really affect me, and if it ever does will it be that big a deal? If I meet someone and they decide they don't want to be called male, but want to be known as something else fine... I don't need to call them either. It's just as inconvenient to learn their name. Just go up to them and talk to them if you want to talk to them... You don't need to use their name or their sex for them to know if you are talking to them.

Genderless Clothes on 15:07 - Sep 5 with 2270 viewswobbly

Genderless Clothes on 14:09 - Sep 5 by golly47

Sorry, but it's actually harder to grasp than you think. Men can be born with an extra X chromosome, so they are XXY. It's called Klinefelter syndrome.

I don't think John Lewis does a special clothes range for them, though, so don't worry about it.
Genderless Clothes on 15:18 - Sep 5 with 2258 viewsSenhin

Genderless Clothes on 15:07 - Sep 5 by wobbly

Sorry, but it's actually harder to grasp than you think. Men can be born with an extra X chromosome, so they are XXY. It's called Klinefelter syndrome.

I don't think John Lewis does a special clothes range for them, though, so don't worry about it.

Bet that'll be bloody next though!

Genderless Clothes on 15:30 - Sep 5 with 2245 viewsgolly47

Genderless Clothes on 15:18 - Sep 5 by Senhin

Bet that'll be bloody next though!

Y3 have already started.....

Poll: What was worse?

Genderless Clothes on 15:33 - Sep 5 with 2241 viewsMo_Wives

Genderless Clothes on 14:08 - Sep 5 by londonlisa2001

There seem to be a significant number of men that have a very fragile hold on their own masculinity and heterosexuality.

They should all get themselves t-shirts that say 'Big and butch and very straight'. I'm sure they could pick one up on any self respecting gay website.

FFS.

I have no problem with gays. In fact, I use to be one...when I was skint.

And let me just point out, some people may find it offensive when you make derogatory comments about people struggling to come to terms with their sexuality. But rest assured, Lisa, when they come for you...guess who will be by your side fighting for your right to be offensive. Yep...me, that's who.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Genderless Clothes on 15:34 - Sep 5 with 2238 viewsDarran

Genderless Clothes on 14:08 - Sep 5 by londonlisa2001

You'd soon rip it off me Love.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Genderless Clothes on 15:49 - Sep 5 with 2222 viewslondonlisa2001

Genderless Clothes on 15:33 - Sep 5 by Mo_Wives

FFS.

I have no problem with gays. In fact, I use to be one...when I was skint.

And let me just point out, some people may find it offensive when you make derogatory comments about people struggling to come to terms with their sexuality. But rest assured, Lisa, when they come for you...guess who will be by your side fighting for your right to be offensive. Yep...me, that's who.

That may be relevant if I'd said anything derogatory.
Genderless Clothes on 15:53 - Sep 5 with 2219 viewsMo_Wives

Genderless Clothes on 14:31 - Sep 5 by londonlisa2001

Even in the area of biological sex (as opposed to gender), there is certainly more fluidity than people being either male or female. It's simply not the case that there is XX or XY and that's that.

And the theory of 'one sex' was prevalent for many hundreds of years, where scientists believed that the sexual reproductive system of men and women was fundamentally the same.

I haven't listened to the clip you posted, so have no idea whether this bloke is reasonable or not.

People tend towards being male or female in terms of the sexual characteristics. That is not the same as being definitively one or the other as far as scientists tell us, as there seems to be an entire range of possibilities between two absolutes. But you're moving between sex and gender in your arguments. They're not the same thing.

For a massive part of the population you have male and female. Easy. Then you have intersex people, klinefelters syndrome etc (as I said in that post). These are a small minority. We don't need to redefine biology because of them. And my point was: There is a difference in biological sex...the gender studies clown is saying there is no difference.

The theory of curing illness with leeches was prevalent for many years...so what?
The theory of electrocuting gays was prevalent for many years...so what?
The theory of curing a headache with a drill was prevalent for many years...next time you have a headache, Lis, send me a PM and I'll pop over with my Bosch. Coz you know, it was prevalent for many years.

I said that I'm talking about biological sex. I said you lot have made the sex/gender confusion to switch it up in debates. I'm not talking about what you lot call gender (which is mostly fashion with a twist of "I feel...")

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Genderless Clothes on 15:57 - Sep 5 with 2215 viewsMo_Wives

Genderless Clothes on 15:49 - Sep 5 by londonlisa2001

That may be relevant if I'd said anything derogatory.

Ah, but Lisa...you don't get to decide what people find offensive. They decide for themselves. Like when I say something and you think I'm being offensive...yet I disagree. I promise you that there will be some left wing fruitcakes that would find offence in your comment. But don't worry...I'll be there.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Genderless Clothes on 16:03 - Sep 5 with 2209 viewsSenhin

Genderless Clothes on 15:57 - Sep 5 by Mo_Wives

Ah, but Lisa...you don't get to decide what people find offensive. They decide for themselves. Like when I say something and you think I'm being offensive...yet I disagree. I promise you that there will be some left wing fruitcakes that would find offence in your comment. But don't worry...I'll be there.

They don't always decide if they are offended for themselves. Sometimes people are offended for the people they imagine will be offended.

Genderless Clothes on 16:05 - Sep 5 with 2208 viewslondonlisa2001

Genderless Clothes on 15:53 - Sep 5 by Mo_Wives

For a massive part of the population you have male and female. Easy. Then you have intersex people, klinefelters syndrome etc (as I said in that post). These are a small minority. We don't need to redefine biology because of them. And my point was: There is a difference in biological sex...the gender studies clown is saying there is no difference.

The theory of curing illness with leeches was prevalent for many years...so what?
The theory of curing a headache with a drill was prevalent for many years...next time you have a headache, Lis, send me a PM and I'll pop over with my Bosch. Coz you know, it was prevalent for many years.

I said that I'm talking about biological sex. I said you lot have made the sex/gender confusion to switch it up in debates. I'm not talking about what you lot call gender (which is mostly fashion with a twist of "I feel...")

You said you were talking about biological sex and then went on to talk about a man wearing makeup or a dress which has absolutely nothing to do with it.

And people that actually know something about it say that there isn't 'male and female, easy'.

So I choose to believe them in the same way as I believe other experts about all sorts of topics.

I don't know what you mean by 'you lot' by the way.
Genderless Clothes on 16:09 - Sep 5 with 2201 viewslondonlisa2001

Genderless Clothes on 15:57 - Sep 5 by Mo_Wives

No. I think you misread my comment.

Or are attempting to pretend you did. Same difference.
Genderless Clothes on 16:12 - Sep 5 with 2190 viewsSenhin

Genderless Clothes on 16:05 - Sep 5 by londonlisa2001

You said you were talking about biological sex and then went on to talk about a man wearing makeup or a dress which has absolutely nothing to do with it.

And people that actually know something about it say that there isn't 'male and female, easy'.

So I choose to believe them in the same way as I believe other experts about all sorts of topics.

Probably left or liberals

Genderless Clothes on 16:22 - Sep 5 with 2176 viewsMo_Wives

Genderless Clothes on 16:12 - Sep 5 by Senhin

Probably left or liberals

Nope. C*nts.

only joking

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Genderless Clothes on 16:44 - Sep 5 with 2161 viewswobbly

Genderless Clothes on 15:53 - Sep 5 by Mo_Wives

Thank you for remembering the klinefelter sufferers.
Genderless Clothes on 16:52 - Sep 5 with 2152 viewsMo_Wives

Genderless Clothes on 16:05 - Sep 5 by londonlisa2001

I was pointing out that examples in nature, like the clown fish, where they are born sperm producing males and the dominant one turns into a larger egg producing female is not the same as humans. Humans are born male, female or a tiny % intersex. They do not start off producing sperm then switch to produce eggs. And putting on a dress will not do it either.

I think you should revisit the story of the protestant reformation, Lisa. At that time you had bible 'experts' telling non Latin speaking people what was in the Latin bible. It turns out these 'experts' were big fat liars, protecting their ideology. It took a very brave Martin Luther to nail the lies to the church door, teaching the people a valuable lesson: Experts can be also be liars.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024