Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony and Swansea City set for high court case 20:49 - Sep 4 with 23178 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Apparently.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41154099

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 21:41 - Sep 4 with 2788 viewssomersetsimon

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 21:10 - Sep 4 by exiledclaseboy

Exactly. So maybe we should take the club's statement that any disputes it may have had with Bony are resolved at face value.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2017 21:10]

It does seem odd. We signed him for £12m and were probably paying him £3m a year. Would we really have paid £8m to dodgy agents for that?
Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 21:47 - Sep 4 with 2749 viewslonglostjack

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 21:41 - Sep 4 by somersetsimon

It does seem odd. We signed him for £12m and were probably paying him £3m a year. Would we really have paid £8m to dodgy agents for that?

2013-2015 - apparently.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 21:49 - Sep 4 with 2737 viewsNeathJack

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 21:41 - Sep 4 by somersetsimon

Makes me think of that Only Fools and Horses episode where Del and Mike the landlord of the Nags Head get the Irishman in to do a painting job and charge the brewery £2k despite him only charging £1k so they split the remaining £1k between themselves.

It may be an interesting money trail.
Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 21:51 - Sep 4 with 2713 viewsEasternJack

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 21:33 - Sep 4 by Dr_Winston

This news is about a year old isn't it?

It's coming to court now.

There are 2 issues here.

Bonys agent arranged for fees to be paid directly from the Swans to the agent outside the main Bony contract. Either this was done without Wills knowledge and he found out afte, or he had an informal agreement that this would come to him eventually. This is the main financial issue that he's chasing as either way the agent pocketed it. And the reason that Bony sees the main issue being his former agent rather than us.

The issue that should concern us is that it looks like we entered into an illegal payment agreement with a non FIFA registered agent. Surely if this was true then we would've been done by the fa by now? Maybe this will bring it out.

Depending how this plays out it could be end for HJ - even if it ends up being legal, reputationally he will take (another) hit.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 21:52 - Sep 4 with 2709 viewsmax936

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 21:49 - Sep 4 by NeathJack

Makes me think of that Only Fools and Horses episode where Del and Mike the landlord of the Nags Head get the Irishman in to do a painting job and charge the brewery £2k despite him only charging £1k so they split the remaining £1k between themselves.

It may be an interesting money trail.

That's the World of high finance for you
[Post edited 4 Sep 2017 22:16]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 21:52 - Sep 4 with 2709 viewsDr_Winston

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 21:34 - Sep 4 by max936

Issued 56 minutes ago according to link.

The story on the website is new, but Bony and the club being involved in legal action isn't. Sure something came out about this ages ago.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 21:54 - Sep 4 with 2696 viewsmax936

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 21:52 - Sep 4 by Dr_Winston

The story on the website is new, but Bony and the club being involved in legal action isn't. Sure something came out about this ages ago.

Another one of those much to do about nothing headlines then.

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 21:55 - Sep 4 with 2690 viewsDr_Winston

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 21:54 - Sep 4 by max936

Another one of those much to do about nothing headlines then.

My first impression when I read it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 21:57 - Sep 4 with 2672 viewsKennedy

I think he issued the proceedings a year or so, but only today did it actually go to court.

Can someone explain this like i'ma 10 year old.

Why would the club pay the agent extra fees and Bony not made aware of it, are these the fees from the sale to Man City or playing bonus etc

Just call me JFK

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 22:00 - Sep 4 with 2643 viewslonglostjack

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 21:51 - Sep 4 by EasternJack

It's coming to court now.

There are 2 issues here.

Bonys agent arranged for fees to be paid directly from the Swans to the agent outside the main Bony contract. Either this was done without Wills knowledge and he found out afte, or he had an informal agreement that this would come to him eventually. This is the main financial issue that he's chasing as either way the agent pocketed it. And the reason that Bony sees the main issue being his former agent rather than us.

The issue that should concern us is that it looks like we entered into an illegal payment agreement with a non FIFA registered agent. Surely if this was true then we would've been done by the fa by now? Maybe this will bring it out.

Depending how this plays out it could be end for HJ - even if it ends up being legal, reputationally he will take (another) hit.

Was Bony a Jenkins or Tutumlu signing?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 22:01 - Sep 4 with 2637 viewsmax936

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 21:57 - Sep 4 by Kennedy

I think he issued the proceedings a year or so, but only today did it actually go to court.

Why would the club pay the agent extra fees and Bony not made aware of it, are these the fees from the sale to Man City or playing bonus etc

If reports are to be believed then we had 28 mill off City, then paid his agents 8 mill, plus City didn't pay all the money up and then we agreed to buy him back for 12 mill, Arthur Daley would have been proud of that Deal

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 22:03 - Sep 4 with 2615 viewsEasternJack

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 21:57 - Sep 4 by Kennedy

That's the question that's going to get the Swans into trouble.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 22:03 - Sep 4 with 2615 viewsmonmouth

I should take care with some of the comments on here boys mun.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 22:06 - Sep 4 with 2599 viewsKennedy

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 22:01 - Sep 4 by max936

If reports are to be believed then we had 28 mill off City, then paid his agents 8 mill, plus City didn't pay all the money up and then we agreed to buy him back for 12 mill, Arthur Daley would have been proud of that Deal

So we sell him for £28m but in reality only got £20m. Or does the buying club pay the agents fees?

So not all the £8m is the agents as i would assume the selling on bonus Wilf would normally get would be included in that £8m.

So £2.8m for 10% or £4.2m 15%.

Just call me JFK

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 22:12 - Sep 4 with 2561 viewsBanosswan

Or was the club trying to push a sale to gain funds?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 22:14 - Sep 4 with 2545 viewsmax936

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 22:06 - Sep 4 by Kennedy

So we sell him for £28m but in reality only got £20m. Or does the buying club pay the agents fees?

So not all the £8m is the agents as i would assume the selling on bonus Wilf would normally get would be included in that £8m.

So £2.8m for 10% or £4.2m 15%.

Haven't a clue how it works, just hope that this is like I said much to do about nothing, bleeding hope so anyway or the good feel factor will go down quicker than the Sun at this time of year.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2017 22:17]

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 22:18 - Sep 4 with 2509 viewstheloneranger

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 21:52 - Sep 4 by Dr_Winston

December 2016

Interesting the club wanted to go to arbitration and not court, whereas the judge has allowed it to be heard in court

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4034948/Wilfried-Bony-8m-dispu

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 22:30 - Sep 4 with 2440 viewsmax936

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 22:18 - Sep 4 by theloneranger

December 2016

Interesting the club wanted to go to arbitration and not court, whereas the judge has allowed it to be heard in court

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4034948/Wilfried-Bony-8m-dispu

I dunno, but I read into that, that its more to do with his agent/agents than us, we've just been implicated by association, doubt there's anything there to concern us to be honest.

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 22:48 - Sep 4 with 2355 viewsGaryjack

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 22:30 - Sep 4 by max936

I dunno, but I read into that, that its more to do with his agent/agents than us, we've just been implicated by association, doubt there's anything there to concern us to be honest.

Yeah, i suppose you're right Max, he's going to come back fully focused on the job, and score lots of goals and his hold up play will be the bestest ever, and we will all love him and live happily ever after.

.........it ain't gonna happen though.
Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 23:05 - Sep 4 with 2305 viewsmax936

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 22:48 - Sep 4 by Garyjack

Yeah, i suppose you're right Max, he's going to come back fully focused on the job, and score lots of goals and his hold up play will be the bestest ever, and we will all love him and live happily ever after.

I'm just saying that I expect that the case only involves us in name only, I doubt and hope we have any other involvement in the case.

Regards Bony's footballing ability from here on in I have the same doubts, but hopefully the club have seen enough to convince them that he can still do the buiso, if not we're gonna be a tad light up top,

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 23:39 - Sep 4 with 2219 viewsBLAZE

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 22:48 - Sep 4 by Garyjack

I get the feeling Gary that you're willing this signing to fail. Really bizarre from a diehard supporter. You've used the Verona interest as a stick to beat him with multiple times already - we don't actually know if he favoured them over us, you shouldn't be claiming otherwise!
Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 00:18 - Sep 5 with 2162 viewsHighjack

So come on Wilfred bony, sue the swans for money, we're on trial trial trial etc

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 03:08 - Sep 5 with 2077 viewsLoyal

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 21:10 - Sep 4 by longlostjack

Football has always been a cash business but £8m under the table? If true the US owners will be drawing up a compliance policy and heads will roll. At least that's how it works with listed companies. Unless registration in Delaware means that compliance is not top of mind.

Yeah but remember, football is different .......
Or it is believed it is.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 03:31 - Sep 5 with 2071 viewsDewi1jack

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 22:03 - Sep 4 by monmouth

I should take care with some of the comments on here boys mun.

This.

take the official line (from the story)

"A Swansea City spokesman said: 'This is a matter between Wilfried Bony and his former representatives.

'Unfortunately we have been drawn into the matter as we were involved in two of his transfers; firstly bringing him to the club and then his move to Manchester City.'"

We all know how open, honest, transparent and trustworthy our ex board were.
So until things come out from the evidence placed before the Court, we have to believe the statement issued by Dimwit, Beaky and all the other sellouts.

Would it have meant if it was going through arbitration instead that the Journos couldn't have reported it?
Would be so unusual for our ex board to want to hide things.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 06:03 - Sep 5 with 2016 viewsShonky

Bony and Swansea City set for high court case on 21:10 - Sep 4 by exiledclaseboy

Exactly. So maybe we should take the club's statement that any disputes it may have had with Bony are resolved at face value.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2017 21:10]

The negadivs are sensing a golden whinge here.

Its just a ride...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024