Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trauma Unit 20:57 - Sep 5 with 1844 viewsBanosswan

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/cardiff-should-home-new-major-13577

So they're writing off West Wales?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Trauma Unit on 21:20 - Sep 5 with 1817 viewsMeraki

I think people residing in West Wales will be eligible for treatment there.
Trauma Unit on 21:55 - Sep 5 with 1796 viewsBanosswan

Trauma Unit on 21:20 - Sep 5 by Meraki

I think people residing in West Wales will be eligible for treatment there.

Unfortunately they'll be dead when they get there.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Trauma Unit on 22:25 - Sep 5 with 1765 viewsNogginthenog

Trauma Unit on 21:55 - Sep 5 by Banosswan

Unfortunately they'll be dead when they get there.

They can still be treated though, but only with dignity and respect.
Trauma Unit on 08:02 - Sep 6 with 1672 viewsPrivate_Partz

What a complete and utter dog's dinner of a report by WOL. What they and the 'experts' fail to recognise is the SE is already more than covered by Bristol.
Then they seem to be recommending a MTU in Morriston as well. Mid and North Wales should be rightly be up in arms if we spunked all that money for coverage in S Wales only that would be the best in the U.K. Whereas the rest can just die on their farm track roads.
This is all about preparing us for the unit going to Cardiff whilst we can cling on to a never happening MTC in Morriston sometime in the future. Yeh just like the Lagoon and electrification of the Swansea track.
This is a sad indictment of our hideously Cardiff centric Pricipality. Meanwhile Julie James and Mike Hedges arrange coffee mornings for Charity.......

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Trauma Unit on 09:52 - Sep 6 with 1636 viewsjohnlangy

The experts said Morriston was more centrally located within South Wales but that UHW was closer to more patients.
The panel pinpointed three key criteria – services like neurosurgery that must be located together, travel times for patients and the number of patients in the area.

The report going before Cwm Taf University Health Board said: “The panel did not believe that either Morriston Hospital or UHW as a major trauma centre would have any significant advantage over the other in terms of geography.”

The panel explained this was because some patients in West Wales would be far away from the major trauma centre, wherever it was located.

Utter garbage.

Firstly, the Heath is NOT closer to more patients, it's closer to more people. They are not the same thing. The same incredibly stupid thing was said about siting neurosurgery in Cardiff (by, among others Rhodri Morgan).

'travel times for patients and the number of patients in the area'. Same thing. Most PEOPLE are nearer to the Heath, most patients come from West Wales so are closer to Morriston. But, of course, as was predicted at the time this criminal decision was made, the fact that neurosurgery was centralised in the Heath is now being used as a reason for other criminal decisions.

'The report going before Cwm Taf University Health Board said: “The panel did not believe that either Morriston Hospital or UHW as a major trauma centre would have any significant advantage over the other in terms of geography.”

The panel explained this was because some patients in West Wales would be far away from the major trauma centre, wherever it was located.'

How do people get paid to come up with this stuff ? A moron could tell you that EVERY SINGLE PATIENT FROM WEST WALES WOULD WOULD BE AT A SIGNIFICANT DISADVANTAGE IN TERMS OF GEOGRAPHY IF THE CENTRE WAS IN THE HEATH.

'And some patients would be far away wherever it was located'. Well obviously. But someone from Fishguard would be 45 miles further away if it was in Cardiff (this is the single brain cell moron speaking again).

Baffled of Llangyfelach.
Trauma Unit on 10:05 - Sep 6 with 1625 viewsjohnlangy

Email to Mike Hedges.

Dear Mr Hedges,

There’s yet another report in Walesonline today which is such utter garbage i’m amazed that the editor is not too embarrassed to put it into print. I’ve put a comment on a Swans City website but, to save writing it out again i’ve copied it below.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The experts said Morriston was more centrally located within South Wales but that UHW was closer to more patients.
The panel pinpointed three key criteria – services like neurosurgery that must be located together, travel times for patients and the number of patients in the area.

The report going before Cwm Taf University Health Board said: “The panel did not believe that either Morriston Hospital or UHW as a major trauma centre would have any significant advantage over the other in terms of geography.”

The panel explained this was because some patients in West Wales would be far away from the major trauma centre, wherever it was located.

Utter garbage.

Firstly, the Heath is NOT closer to more patients, it's closer to more people. They are not the same thing. The same incredibly stupid thing was said about siting neurosurgery in Cardiff (by, among others Rhodri Morgan).

'travel times for patients and the number of patients in the area'. Same thing. Most PEOPLE are nearer to the Heath, most patients come from West Wales so are closer to Morriston. But, of course, as was predicted at the time this criminal decision was made, the fact that neurosurgery was centralised in the Heath is now being used as a reason for other criminal decisions.

'The report going before Cwm Taf University Health Board said: “The panel did not believe that either Morriston Hospital or UHW as a major trauma centre would have any significant advantage over the other in terms of geography.”

The panel explained this was because some patients in West Wales would be far away from the major trauma centre, wherever it was located.'

How do people get paid to come up with this stuff ? A moron could tell you that EVERY SINGLE PATIENT FROM WEST WALES WOULD WOULD BE AT A SIGNIFICANT DISADVANTAGE IN TERMS OF GEOGRAPHY IF THE CENTRE WAS IN THE HEATH.

'And some patients would be far away wherever it was located'. Well obviously. But someone from Fishguard would be 45 miles further away if it was in Cardiff (this is the single brain cell moron speaking again).

Baffled of Llangyfelach.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope to read very soon that you and all the other AM’s representing South West Wales are calling for the panel that came up with this moronic rubbish to be dumped and that none of them is ever asked by the Assembly to take part in any other exercise which requires a sensible outcome.

John Young
Trauma Unit on 10:06 - Sep 6 with 1627 viewsmax936

Cardiff is gonna run out of space the way things are going they're trying to put everything into one hat at some point that hat is gonna get full.
The injustice's being made at Cardiff at the expense of the rest of Wales are Criminal, it seems everywhere else can have the shit [new prison at PT as an example] but all the cream must go to Cardiff and what's worse is that the West, Mid and North Wales "Politicians" are fecking indorsing the practice, as voters we need to get our acts together and direct these questions at our local MP's etc.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Trauma Unit on 10:14 - Sep 6 with 1614 viewsBarrySwan

Surely the point is that if we stopped handing over £12bn net in aid each year to parasitic nations in the EU plus another £12bn to £13bn in aid to other countries all over the world we could have Trauma units coming out of our ears all over the UK including West Wales?
Login to get fewer ads

Trauma Unit on 10:42 - Sep 6 with 1592 viewsmax936

Trauma Unit on 10:14 - Sep 6 by BarrySwan

Surely the point is that if we stopped handing over £12bn net in aid each year to parasitic nations in the EU plus another £12bn to £13bn in aid to other countries all over the world we could have Trauma units coming out of our ears all over the UK including West Wales?

But we along with America got to Police the World and care for its people, we're the World's saviours mun

Trauma Unit on 12:08 - Sep 6 with 1547 viewsPrivate_Partz

Disagree entirely. Our foreign aid budget is a fraction of percent of spending. I am not saying it does not need to be reviewed and monitored but I am sure it would not pay for multiple Trauma Units across Wales. Just as the NHS is not going to get what was written on the side of a bus. That is a very weak argument to use to justify our Cardiff centric WAG.
I can understand your view though. You are from Barry I guess which will have 3 Trauma Units within the golden hour whilst everyone west of mumbles can die on their farm track roads. The very roads that need to be served by a MTU.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Trauma Unit on 12:21 - Sep 6 with 1532 viewsmax936

Trauma Unit on 12:08 - Sep 6 by Private_Partz

Disagree entirely. Our foreign aid budget is a fraction of percent of spending. I am not saying it does not need to be reviewed and monitored but I am sure it would not pay for multiple Trauma Units across Wales. Just as the NHS is not going to get what was written on the side of a bus. That is a very weak argument to use to justify our Cardiff centric WAG.
I can understand your view though. You are from Barry I guess which will have 3 Trauma Units within the golden hour whilst everyone west of mumbles can die on their farm track roads. The very roads that need to be served by a MTU.

I think we waste billions in foreign aid, do we really know where that aid is going? I don't think we do their governments/rulers are so corrupt that the money could be used for self interest and weapons with a very small percentage given to what it was intended for, that's my opinion anyway.

Trauma Unit on 12:28 - Sep 6 with 1526 viewsBarrySwan

Trauma Unit on 12:08 - Sep 6 by Private_Partz

1) Having voted for the assembly I'd scrap it tomorrow

2) I don't have any part in the decision making of where any medical facilities are located.

3) I am suggesting not giving £24bn plus away to other countries, in which case there hopefully would be a much better chance that people west of the Mumbles might survive the mass slaughter that apparently occurs on the areas farm tracks by the siting of an MTU within the locale.
Trauma Unit on 12:30 - Sep 6 with 1524 viewsPrivate_Partz

Trauma Unit on 12:21 - Sep 6 by max936

I think we waste billions in foreign aid, do we really know where that aid is going? I don't think we do their governments/rulers are so corrupt that the money could be used for self interest and weapons with a very small percentage given to what it was intended for, that's my opinion anyway.

As I said I am not saying it should not be reviewed and monitired. What I am saying is it should not be used as an exscuse to justify this nonsense we are seeing unfolding in front of us. People are going to die on west Wales roads if this carries on.

Trauma Unit on 12:42 - Sep 6 with 1508 viewsmax936

Trauma Unit on 12:30 - Sep 6 by Private_Partz

As I said I am not saying it should not be reviewed and monitired. What I am saying is it should not be used as an exscuse to justify this nonsense we are seeing unfolding in front of us. People are going to die on west Wales roads if this carries on.

I agree as a pretending motorcyclist [haven't used mine in ages] I hear of a lot of accidents down on those roads and most have serious injuries and have to be airlifted that said there's been quite a few elsewhere lately as well and worse it's gonna get, as everyone is in one mad rush these days and people drive for themselves and without consideration for other road users, I do a lot of pretty much local driving and I see it everyday.

A Trauma Unit should be in Morriston and I'd argue the point for Carmarthen and Mid-North Wales as well as East Wales they are a necessity in this day and age.

Trauma Unit on 12:43 - Sep 6 with 1507 viewsBarrySwan

Trauma Unit on 12:30 - Sep 6 by Private_Partz

And I quite agree with you, and am pointing out that if we stop giving away £24bn away to other countries peoples we might have a far better chance of funding medical facilities for residents of this country who ultimatey foot the bill for the £24bn given away each year in aid.

Not forgetting of course that the UK is one of leading countries in the world contributing voluntary donations from the public ( approx £9bn in addition to state aid from figures just a year or two ago)

Also not forgetting that the £24bn handed over to other countries for them to construct their own MTUs whilst our people go without, is of course all borrowed money which adds to the national debt and interest payments meaning cuts to other services whilst the British taxpayer struggles to pay £bns and £bns in interest payments each year which I'd suggest would be better spent on providing services and medical facilities for West Wales rather than lining the pockets of moneylenders.
Trauma Unit on 12:48 - Sep 6 with 1502 viewsPrivate_Partz

Trauma Unit on 12:28 - Sep 6 by BarrySwan

1) Having voted for the assembly I'd scrap it tomorrow

2) I don't have any part in the decision making of where any medical facilities are located.

3) I am suggesting not giving £24bn plus away to other countries, in which case there hopefully would be a much better chance that people west of the Mumbles might survive the mass slaughter that apparently occurs on the areas farm tracks by the siting of an MTU within the locale.

Wrong. The money is there now. What is the point in scrapping foreign aid if the small percentage would go to WAG. Do you think they would give more to the rest of Wales? For more likely the small amount they would get would more likely go to a cable car to Penarth. Whilst we watch even more millions die on our TV screens.
This not new money. The MTU cash is there to be spent and the indications are it is going to your neck of the woods as usual.
It seems the welfare of the general population plays second fiddle to all things Cardiff.

Trauma Unit on 13:03 - Sep 6 with 1496 viewsBarrySwan

Trauma Unit on 12:48 - Sep 6 by Private_Partz

Wrong. The money is there now. What is the point in scrapping foreign aid if the small percentage would go to WAG. Do you think they would give more to the rest of Wales? For more likely the small amount they would get would more likely go to a cable car to Penarth. Whilst we watch even more millions die on our TV screens.
This not new money. The MTU cash is there to be spent and the indications are it is going to your neck of the woods as usual.
It seems the welfare of the general population plays second fiddle to all things Cardiff.

Well help to scrap the assembly then who are responsible for the NHS in Wales.

Then the rest of us won't have to listen to you whining on an on about the incompetent parasites in Cardiff Bay creating a lifestyle dripping in milk and honey for those of us living within 30 miles of Cardiff.

Maybe you should move, You'll find that everybody round this way is loaded due to handouts from the WAG, Most live in mansions from WAG funding and nobody ever dies or has to wait for an operation up this way. It really is the model for the rest of Wales apparently listening to yourself moaning on and on.
Trauma Unit on 21:04 - Sep 6 with 1407 viewsPrivate_Partz

Trauma Unit on 13:03 - Sep 6 by BarrySwan

Well help to scrap the assembly then who are responsible for the NHS in Wales.

Then the rest of us won't have to listen to you whining on an on about the incompetent parasites in Cardiff Bay creating a lifestyle dripping in milk and honey for those of us living within 30 miles of Cardiff.

Maybe you should move, You'll find that everybody round this way is loaded due to handouts from the WAG, Most live in mansions from WAG funding and nobody ever dies or has to wait for an operation up this way. It really is the model for the rest of Wales apparently listening to yourself moaning on and on.

Self satisfied smugness. All I want is equality for the whole of Wales. That includes investment, jobs, transport infastructure and equal health care for all. Until that happens I ain't going anywhere so you had better get used to it.
Cardiff has its shat holes like any other mid sized city. It is also the boom town of Europe whilst the rest of Wales is a wasteland.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2017 21:07]

Trauma Unit on 09:30 - Sep 7 with 1332 viewsjohnlangy

I think that, if you believe like me and many others that the WAG misspends the money already in their coffers, it's not very likely that they'd spend extra money wisely if it came their way.

And that's not very likely.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024