Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit Progress 10:06 - Sep 6 with 36235 viewsBatterseajack

Michael Gove “we hold all the cards and can choose the path we want”
Boris Johnson “continue to be free trade and access to the single market”
David Davis “We will do deals with our trading partners and do them quickly”

Well these quotes couldn't seem further from truth right now. They campaigned for Brexit , yet now these three are in positions of power, appear totally incapable of delivering it and have vastly underestimated and misunderstood their counterparts in the EU. Will these three or even the Tories ever be accountable for how Brexit is being carried out?

BTW - This is not intended as another argument for the rights and wrongs for voting to leave / remain. But to discuss the politicians who appear to have no plan whatsoever for this.
Brexit Progress on 16:27 - Sep 27 with 1837 viewsBarrySwan

Brexit Progress on 21:29 - Sep 22 by the_oracle

Your first sentence alone shows you have absolutely know idea of what the EU is and what it does. You are just regurgitating the bollocks headlines of the Mail, Express and the Sun.

I suppose if you take away the time that I spent working in the EU parliament in Brussels observing first hand the corrupt and hopelessly undemocratic institution that it is then I suppose you may be correct.

On the other hand some may consider that given the above I may possibly know a little more of the nature of the corrupt and hopelessly undemocratic institution that it is than someone on a football message board who is just regurgitating the headlines of the Mirror, Guardian and New European.

Over to you.
Brexit Progress on 19:14 - Sep 27 with 1792 viewsPozuelosSideys

Brexit Progress on 15:41 - Sep 27 by Batterseajack

Looks like the Americans have slapped a 220% import tariff onto the UK aerospace industry. Weren't we supposed to be looking to these guys first for a cushty trade deals post Brexit?

This is what america first looks like.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-41397181

Ya, not a good look on the surface. Hugely hypocritical of Boeing persuing that agenda, especially given the amount of state funding theyve received from the US.

Lets wait and see what happens at the DoC and ITC in the next couple of weeks before going nuts. There was always a tariff going to be imposed here, the shocker is how big it is.

Btw.. the tariff is currently hanging over this one particular aircraft and contract ,not the whole UK aerospace industry. Big difference there.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Brexit Progress on 19:23 - Sep 27 with 1783 viewstrampie

America is no friends of ours, not paying their taxes then fighting the British, being late to two World wars, a combined 5 years late mind you when at one point we and the commonwealth were on our own.

Talk of them going to nuclear bomb us in the cold war to stop the Warsaw pact using us as a base/airfield were they could reach America with their nukes.
Were they that friendly during the Falklands crisis, special relationship - no - an understanding more like.

It's hard to trust any Anglo Saxon types as they are all for themselves to an alarming degree.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Brexit Progress on 22:01 - Sep 27 with 1755 viewslonglostjack

Brexit Progress on 19:23 - Sep 27 by trampie

America is no friends of ours, not paying their taxes then fighting the British, being late to two World wars, a combined 5 years late mind you when at one point we and the commonwealth were on our own.

Talk of them going to nuclear bomb us in the cold war to stop the Warsaw pact using us as a base/airfield were they could reach America with their nukes.
Were they that friendly during the Falklands crisis, special relationship - no - an understanding more like.

It's hard to trust any Anglo Saxon types as they are all for themselves to an alarming degree.

That's very harsh on the Danes Trampie.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Brexit Progress on 11:16 - Oct 9 with 1624 viewsBatterseajack

No deal better than a bad deal yeh?

Well if no deal / hard brexit is supposedly good for this country, why has TM announced that she's prepared to pump in Billions in the the UK economy should we have a no deal?

So much for the no money tree either. How is Brexit good for the common British person?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/863806/brexit-news-uk-latest-theresa-may-
Brexit Progress on 18:20 - Oct 9 with 1570 viewsPozuelosSideys

Brexit Progress on 11:16 - Oct 9 by Batterseajack

No deal better than a bad deal yeh?

Well if no deal / hard brexit is supposedly good for this country, why has TM announced that she's prepared to pump in Billions in the the UK economy should we have a no deal?

So much for the no money tree either. How is Brexit good for the common British person?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/863806/brexit-news-uk-latest-theresa-may-

A stop gap isnt it to make sure the wheels are greased if the investment dries up in the short term due to unknown risks? Seems a fairly sensible option if required, particularly to shut the FS sector up who are well known to shat their pants if the wind changes direction.

Suprised you havent picked up on the additional 80% tariff slapped on top of the original 220% for the Bombardier contract though..bonkers business by the US if you ask me. Nobody wants to slap Boeing with a return tariff im sure, but god knows whatll happen there. Canadian business mind.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

Brexit Progress on 10:10 - Oct 10 with 1537 viewsBatterseajack

Brexit Progress on 18:20 - Oct 9 by PozuelosSideys

A stop gap isnt it to make sure the wheels are greased if the investment dries up in the short term due to unknown risks? Seems a fairly sensible option if required, particularly to shut the FS sector up who are well known to shat their pants if the wind changes direction.

Suprised you havent picked up on the additional 80% tariff slapped on top of the original 220% for the Bombardier contract though..bonkers business by the US if you ask me. Nobody wants to slap Boeing with a return tariff im sure, but god knows whatll happen there. Canadian business mind.

Sure its a stop gap, but i don't recall any of the hard liners ever saying that a hard brexit and living just on WTO rules would rely on the government pumping money into the economy like they would during a recession.

Its not looking good for the skilled Northern Irish workers at that Bombardier plant. Where will they go if our strongest ally continues with their absurd tariff.

But back to WTO, interesting that the US, Canada, Argentina, Brazil, New Zealand and others are ganging up against our WTO food quotas. I'm guessing these were the countries we were supposed to go to once we told the EU to 'eff off.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/862598/Brexit-news-EU-Donald-Trump-food-imports
Brexit Progress on 11:23 - Oct 10 with 1504 viewsWarwickHunt

Brexit Progress on 10:10 - Oct 10 by Batterseajack

Sure its a stop gap, but i don't recall any of the hard liners ever saying that a hard brexit and living just on WTO rules would rely on the government pumping money into the economy like they would during a recession.

Its not looking good for the skilled Northern Irish workers at that Bombardier plant. Where will they go if our strongest ally continues with their absurd tariff.

But back to WTO, interesting that the US, Canada, Argentina, Brazil, New Zealand and others are ganging up against our WTO food quotas. I'm guessing these were the countries we were supposed to go to once we told the EU to 'eff off.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/862598/Brexit-news-EU-Donald-Trump-food-imports

Looks like the NHS will have to wait a bit longer for that £350m a week eh?
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit Progress on 18:17 - Oct 10 with 1453 viewsPozuelosSideys

Brexit Progress on 10:10 - Oct 10 by Batterseajack

Have a read of the comments underneath. Swings and roundabouts i think. Although the whole topic is probably far more complicated and shrouded in mutual back scratching and brown envelopes than most of us realise.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024