Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit Progress 10:06 - Sep 6 with 36320 viewsBatterseajack

Michael Gove “we hold all the cards and can choose the path we want”
Boris Johnson “continue to be free trade and access to the single market”
David Davis “We will do deals with our trading partners and do them quickly”

Well these quotes couldn't seem further from truth right now. They campaigned for Brexit , yet now these three are in positions of power, appear totally incapable of delivering it and have vastly underestimated and misunderstood their counterparts in the EU. Will these three or even the Tories ever be accountable for how Brexit is being carried out?

BTW - This is not intended as another argument for the rights and wrongs for voting to leave / remain. But to discuss the politicians who appear to have no plan whatsoever for this.
Brexit Progress on 09:30 - Sep 11 with 5229 viewsBatterseajack

Brexit Progress on 12:16 - Sep 10 by Yossarian

Not clear in your post who the analogy with Jeremy Haywood was directed at- .you or me?
Second thoughts- who cares.
I hope you and the many others that are understandably angry with the decision of the majority eventually find some inner peace. As I've tried to say, I don't take any pleasure from seeing the bile and vitriol spewing forth on either side of the debate. Perhaps we should reflect on what should keep us united whatever our politics- we support SCFC. Let's hope for 3 points today.

yeah p[lease ignore the "Jeremy Heywood" i was going to write something along the lines of will Brexiters be vilify him like they did with junker and co. for being unelected and commanding a huge £200,000 salary.... i think, or something like that anyway, but I got distracted.

Shame about yesterdays result, i guess its back to bashing each other over the heads over Brexit. The Express today is making the case that no deal and WTO tariffs will now be the best option for Britain. Apparently since we buy more from then that them from us, we'll make more in tax. But no mention of the cost of the tariffs being passed down the consumer (us) so everything will cost more.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/852398/brexit-talks-no-deal-divorce-bill
Brexit Progress on 11:52 - Sep 11 with 5203 viewsYossarian

Brexit Progress on 09:30 - Sep 11 by Batterseajack

yeah p[lease ignore the "Jeremy Heywood" i was going to write something along the lines of will Brexiters be vilify him like they did with junker and co. for being unelected and commanding a huge £200,000 salary.... i think, or something like that anyway, but I got distracted.

Shame about yesterdays result, i guess its back to bashing each other over the heads over Brexit. The Express today is making the case that no deal and WTO tariffs will now be the best option for Britain. Apparently since we buy more from then that them from us, we'll make more in tax. But no mention of the cost of the tariffs being passed down the consumer (us) so everything will cost more.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/852398/brexit-talks-no-deal-divorce-bill

Yeah- another thing we might agree on s that it's going to be painful. The idea that there'll be a mutually beneficial deal is fantasy.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Brexit Progress on 14:12 - Sep 11 with 5169 viewswobbly

I see today that London soars even further ahead as the most favoured, attractive global financial centre.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-london-rating/london-stays-worlds-t

I always like a headline that includes 'despite brexit' in it. Which is fortunate because there seems to be one almost every day.

London was ranked in a clear 1st place. New York stayed second, but dropped 24 points on last year due to 'fears about US trade'. The largest fall of any top city. Hmm. That can't make sense.

How can there be no such fears for the UK despite Brexit? Surely some mistake - I can only presume the respondents hadn't heard about the referendum result.

Fear not though. The mighty Frankfurt soared to a lofty, record, 11th. They are going to steal our jobs.

London. Doomed.
Brexit Progress on 12:08 - Sep 13 with 5109 viewsBatterseajack

Brexit Progress on 14:12 - Sep 11 by wobbly

I see today that London soars even further ahead as the most favoured, attractive global financial centre.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-london-rating/london-stays-worlds-t

I always like a headline that includes 'despite brexit' in it. Which is fortunate because there seems to be one almost every day.

London was ranked in a clear 1st place. New York stayed second, but dropped 24 points on last year due to 'fears about US trade'. The largest fall of any top city. Hmm. That can't make sense.

How can there be no such fears for the UK despite Brexit? Surely some mistake - I can only presume the respondents hadn't heard about the referendum result.

Fear not though. The mighty Frankfurt soared to a lofty, record, 11th. They are going to steal our jobs.

London. Doomed.

Funny how you interpreted that article. It's like you think we're out of the woods because we haven't yet lost our top spot. Look further down the article and you'll see...

“Absent this, many firms have already started to activate their contingency plans and others will undoubtedly follow suit if these aren’t confirmed as soon as possible - and by the end of this year at the very latest,” said Miles Celic, Chief Executive Officer of TheCityUK.

Why do you think companies are drawing up contingency plans? What do you think contingency plans are and mean? Do you think they'll activate they're contingency plans if we remain in the single market or activate them if we crash out?

Trouble is, there has been such little guidance from our government, they'll activate them long before the outcome of the negotiations.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2017 14:37]
Brexit Progress on 12:27 - Sep 13 with 5100 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Has there ever been a chant from the north bank so apt as

"You don't know what you doing"
"You done know what you doing "

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Brexit Progress on 14:02 - Sep 13 with 5076 viewsdeanscfc

Brexit Progress on 16:17 - Sep 6 by Batterseajack

Its mad how badly this is all going and we're locked in now to see this right through the eventual consultation. The ball is rolling now and nothing can stop it.

We were also told we would get our sovereignty back and make our own trade deals with the rest of the world. In reality, with the likes of Japan and Canada, this just means copying and pasting whatever agreement and rules that they have agreed on with the EU because we don't have the capacity to negotiate our own rules and standards with them.

Thing is..it isn't 'mad' how badly it is going. It is going totally as most remain voters expected it would. Nothing has happened since the referendum to even begin to convince me that it wasn't a totally f*cking stupid decision. It was a vote based on lies and the lies are becoming more clear by the day...but still, we push on... Embarrassing.
Brexit Progress on 15:15 - Sep 13 with 5057 viewswobbly

Brexit Progress on 12:08 - Sep 13 by Batterseajack

Funny how you interpreted that article. It's like you think we're out of the woods because we haven't yet lost our top spot. Look further down the article and you'll see...

“Absent this, many firms have already started to activate their contingency plans and others will undoubtedly follow suit if these aren’t confirmed as soon as possible - and by the end of this year at the very latest,” said Miles Celic, Chief Executive Officer of TheCityUK.

Why do you think companies are drawing up contingency plans? What do you think contingency plans are and mean? Do you think they'll activate they're contingency plans if we remain in the single market or activate them if we crash out?

Trouble is, there has been such little guidance from our government, they'll activate them long before the outcome of the negotiations.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2017 14:37]

I "interpreted" it at face value. New York had dropped 24 points over "fears" regarding US trade. And yet London had dropped just 2 points despite the near certainty now of leaving the EU. All I ever hear about is how that is going to be having an impact on, you know, trade.

Clearly the survey can be forward looking in the way people think about New York, but not for London. Yeah, alright then.

In today's news, I see employment levels reach yet another all time high. Despite Brexit. We are all doomed.
Brexit Progress on 16:17 - Sep 13 with 5041 viewsBatterseajack

Brexit Progress on 15:15 - Sep 13 by wobbly

I "interpreted" it at face value. New York had dropped 24 points over "fears" regarding US trade. And yet London had dropped just 2 points despite the near certainty now of leaving the EU. All I ever hear about is how that is going to be having an impact on, you know, trade.

Clearly the survey can be forward looking in the way people think about New York, but not for London. Yeah, alright then.

In today's news, I see employment levels reach yet another all time high. Despite Brexit. We are all doomed.

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit Progress on 18:18 - Sep 13 with 5018 views73_Symonds_Yat

Brexit Progress on 16:17 - Sep 13 by Batterseajack

No they won't. Mark my words Brexit is going to be a huge success.
Brexit Progress on 18:45 - Sep 13 with 5009 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit Progress on 18:18 - Sep 13 by 73_Symonds_Yat

No they won't. Mark my words Brexit is going to be a huge success.

No its not.

Its a total and utter disaster.

Beware of the Risen People

Brexit Progress on 18:47 - Sep 13 with 5007 views73_Symonds_Yat

Brexit Progress on 18:45 - Sep 13 by Kilkennyjack

No its not.

Its a total and utter disaster.

Maybe for your friends in the roi.
Brexit Progress on 18:49 - Sep 13 with 5007 viewsMeraki

Employment is higher, unfortunately wages are at their lowest for a long time and poverty is higher too.
Brexit Progress on 00:56 - Sep 15 with 4938 viewsEbo

Zero hours contracts *cough*

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Brexit Progress on 01:55 - Sep 15 with 4924 viewswobbly

Yep, zero hours contracts will have some impact. But employment rates are at record highs and unemployment rates are at record lows. There are less than a million people on zero hours contracts so whilst it has some impact, it does not tell the whole story.

The bit that is the mystery is why the Phillips curve does not hold true. This is the economic theory that states wages go up as employment levels increase, due to the scarcity of labour. We are just not seeing it in the UK. One suggestion is that it is the continued and plentiful availability of cheap labour through immigration from central and Eastern European member states that is holding back wage growth. Of course, restricting such immigration is one of the things that may come about through Brexit, which could increase wage growth. Ironic, eh?
Brexit Progress on 13:54 - Sep 15 with 4874 viewsEbo

Brexit Progress on 01:55 - Sep 15 by wobbly

Yep, zero hours contracts will have some impact. But employment rates are at record highs and unemployment rates are at record lows. There are less than a million people on zero hours contracts so whilst it has some impact, it does not tell the whole story.

The bit that is the mystery is why the Phillips curve does not hold true. This is the economic theory that states wages go up as employment levels increase, due to the scarcity of labour. We are just not seeing it in the UK. One suggestion is that it is the continued and plentiful availability of cheap labour through immigration from central and Eastern European member states that is holding back wage growth. Of course, restricting such immigration is one of the things that may come about through Brexit, which could increase wage growth. Ironic, eh?

You know why? People who have been sanctioned or do zero hour contracts are out of the system. The figures are a fraud.

Also low wages are damaging our economy as people cannot spend. Interests rates rise which then hit everyone who earns.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2017 13:56]

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Brexit Progress on 17:17 - Sep 21 with 4747 viewsBatterseajack

Brexit Progress on 09:22 - Sep 9 by 73_Symonds_Yat

It is known and it's a fact, the British have no legal obligation to pay a single penny, on leaving.
So what you said is incorrect.

Don't have to pay a single penny....Currently we're preparing to offer 20B Euros and this sum is likely to rise in the future because it doesn't include all liabilities such as pensions. You better get on the blower quick and tell T.May to cancel the transaction.
Brexit Progress on 17:56 - Sep 21 with 4723 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit Progress on 17:17 - Sep 21 by Batterseajack

Don't have to pay a single penny....Currently we're preparing to offer 20B Euros and this sum is likely to rise in the future because it doesn't include all liabilities such as pensions. You better get on the blower quick and tell T.May to cancel the transaction.

Correct.

€20 billion for a transition deal.
Let that sink in.

What could our schools, hospitals, care services, and security forces do with that ?

Criminal.

Brexit Progress on 19:12 - Sep 21 with 4693 viewssherpajacob

Brexit Progress on 17:56 - Sep 21 by Kilkennyjack

Correct.

Let that sink in.

What could our schools, hospitals, care services, and security forces do with that ?

Criminal.

The £20bn is just to cover our existing obligations.

The UK is signed up to the EU budget through to 2020.

We are leaving in 2019.

The £20bn is arrived at by multiplying the number of weeks we are obligated to in 2019/2020 by £350 million.

The £350m figure was provided by the foreign secretary.

Any transition deal will cost extra for single market access, even though we will have no MEPs or commissioner to influence EU policy.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Brexit Progress on 20:03 - Sep 21 with 4673 viewsBarrySwan

Brexit Progress on 17:56 - Sep 21 by Kilkennyjack

Correct.

Let that sink in.

Criminal.

Exactly..... just let that sink in..... £20bn possibly given away to parasitic EU countries instead of being spent here by the people who have to work their guts out to raise it.

And while you're letting that sink in just consider the near £200bn net that the UK has handed over to be spent on hospitals roads and airports in the aformentioned parasitic EU countries since joining in 1973.

What could our own schools, hospitals, care services and security forces have been able to do with that ?

Just let that sink in for a little while and consider that you prefer that huge sum of money being given away to other countries rather than spent on our own people.

Charming.
Brexit Progress on 20:24 - Sep 21 with 4660 viewssherpajacob

Brexit Progress on 20:03 - Sep 21 by BarrySwan

Exactly..... just let that sink in..... £20bn possibly given away to parasitic EU countries instead of being spent here by the people who have to work their guts out to raise it.

And while you're letting that sink in just consider the near £200bn net that the UK has handed over to be spent on hospitals roads and airports in the aformentioned parasitic EU countries since joining in 1973.

What could our own schools, hospitals, care services and security forces have been able to do with that ?

Just let that sink in for a little while and consider that you prefer that huge sum of money being given away to other countries rather than spent on our own people.

Charming.

As wales is a net beneficiary of EU funding, does that make us a parasitic country?

Brexit Progress on 20:37 - Sep 21 with 4648 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit Progress on 20:24 - Sep 21 by sherpajacob

As wales is a net beneficiary of EU funding, does that make us a parasitic country?

It certainly does.

Charming.

Its beyond belief that some people still then Brexit is a good idea. Even Boris knows.

Nicola Sturgeon on May:

"This is a woman who sits in meetings where it's just the two of you and reads from a script".

Muppet.

Brexit Progress on 20:45 - Sep 21 with 4644 viewsMeraki

Brexit Progress on 20:03 - Sep 21 by BarrySwan

Charming.

Brexit Progress on 20:56 - Sep 21 with 4638 viewsKilkennyjack

Proof of the insanity of Brexit:

annual cost per household of EU, with all its advantages: £317.
Cost of Brexit, with no advantages, £4200.

Its Brexit bollox.

Brexit Progress on 20:56 - Sep 21 with 4636 viewsBarrySwan

Brexit Progress on 20:24 - Sep 21 by sherpajacob

When you say EU funding I'm sure of course that you meant British taxpayers money being returned out of the gross British contribution to the EU?

Hardly EU funding is it? Getting your own money back with an equal amount kept for espenses to the Brussels Beurocrats wage and pension bill before the rest is doled out all over the EU.

And since we're on the subject in regards to this trifling £200bn net that the UK has handed over since 1973.

Wouldn't a proportionate share of that be about another £10bn available to be handed out to Wales in addition to the British funded EU hamdouts that you refer to?

It sometimes gets a touch tedious having to repeatedly point out the obvious to those who think get getting your own money back after a wedge has been deducted is a grant.
Brexit Progress on 21:11 - Sep 21 with 4625 viewssherpajacob

Brexit Progress on 20:56 - Sep 21 by BarrySwan

When you say EU funding I'm sure of course that you meant British taxpayers money being returned out of the gross British contribution to the EU?

Hardly EU funding is it? Getting your own money back with an equal amount kept for espenses to the Brussels Beurocrats wage and pension bill before the rest is doled out all over the EU.

And since we're on the subject in regards to this trifling £200bn net that the UK has handed over since 1973.

Wouldn't a proportionate share of that be about another £10bn available to be handed out to Wales in addition to the British funded EU hamdouts that you refer to?

It sometimes gets a touch tedious having to repeatedly point out the obvious to those who think get getting your own money back after a wedge has been deducted is a grant.

Its money for investment in infrastructure that wales sure as feck wouldn't have got from Westminster.

and now control has passed to gerrymandered committees and cabinet ministers who ignore the law of the land.

£200bn since 1973 you say, I make that less than £2 per person per week.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024