Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer window will close before start of season 14:56 - Sep 7 with 9209 viewsLandore_Jack

From next season, the window will close at 17:00 BST on the Thursday before the Premier League season begins.

The vote was not unanimous and clubs will still be able to sell players until the end of the normal window.

The window across Europe runs until 31 August. The Premier League's move means that while clubs will be able to sell until that date, buying activity will cease on 9 August for the 2018-19 season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41188235

#backtojack

Transfer window will close before start of season on 20:25 - Sep 7 with 5290 viewsdobjack2

Transfer window will close before start of season on 19:52 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

The reality will be completely different to that.

The window between foreign clubs and the EPL will effectively shut on our deadline day. The only players going after will be ones Clubs don't care about e.g. Montero.

The ones in demand will understand UNEQUIVOCALLY they won't be going anywhere once the deadline has past - unsettled or otherwise - you're faking staying son!!

Foreign clubs will understand this and deal with it.

The only thing that will happen and achieve is business will need to be done early, which it will.

Market, apart from bums closed 5pm Thursday before season starts.

Hope this helps you and the Doc

Agreed.

No excuse not to get business done early so why did we vote against it?
Transfer window will close before start of season on 20:26 - Sep 7 with 5290 viewsTheResurrection

Transfer window will close before start of season on 20:13 - Sep 7 by Dr_Winston

With these new rules we wouldn't have Sanches. We contacted them early and Bayern preferred to wait.

We've voted ourselves into a competitive disadvantage.

No, because Bayern would know our window was closing so effectively if they did what you're suggesting happened, they would be eliminating a huge part of the world market, effectively taking a big risk.

Neath - you can't trigger a release clause once the season has started, this will be when our season starts

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Transfer window will close before start of season on 20:37 - Sep 7 with 5276 viewsNeathJack

Transfer window will close before start of season on 20:26 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

No, because Bayern would know our window was closing so effectively if they did what you're suggesting happened, they would be eliminating a huge part of the world market, effectively taking a big risk.

Neath - you can't trigger a release clause once the season has started, this will be when our season starts

You can as the "selling" transfer window will still be open. Unless they legislate against that happening.
Transfer window will close before start of season on 20:56 - Sep 7 with 5261 viewsTheResurrection

Transfer window will close before start of season on 20:37 - Sep 7 by NeathJack

You can as the "selling" transfer window will still be open. Unless they legislate against that happening.

Of course they will. Or insert new detail into the contracts concerned. This will be a non issue.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Transfer window will close before start of season on 20:59 - Sep 7 with 5248 viewsNeathJack

Transfer window will close before start of season on 20:56 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

Of course they will. Or insert new detail into the contracts concerned. This will be a non issue.

I hope you're right as I'm in favour of the early closing of the window but as things stand, it's an issue.
Transfer window will close before start of season on 21:41 - Sep 7 with 5210 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm surprised we submitted our vote in time.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Transfer window will close before start of season on 21:42 - Sep 7 with 5218 viewsDr_Winston

Transfer window will close before start of season on 20:59 - Sep 7 by NeathJack

I hope you're right as I'm in favour of the early closing of the window but as things stand, it's an issue.

Agreed.

If you've got to have a window I'm not against it closing before the season in principle, but it's got to be everybody, or at least as close to everyone as possible. Certainly the major European leagues have to be in sync.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Transfer window will close before start of season on 22:30 - Sep 7 with 5182 viewsUxbridge

Transfer window will close before start of season on 21:42 - Sep 7 by Dr_Winston

Agreed.

If you've got to have a window I'm not against it closing before the season in principle, but it's got to be everybody, or at least as close to everyone as possible. Certainly the major European leagues have to be in sync.

Aye. Unilateral changes only end up weakening the ones making the change. Surprised the PL voted for it... They're not usually the sort to act in such a way.

Be interesting to see how the rest of UEFA reacts. It's a sensible move to close the window before the start of the season, but it needs to apply to all.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer window will close before start of season on 22:32 - Sep 7 with 5173 viewsEasternJack

Transfer window will close before start of season on 22:30 - Sep 7 by Uxbridge

Aye. Unilateral changes only end up weakening the ones making the change. Surprised the PL voted for it... They're not usually the sort to act in such a way.

Be interesting to see how the rest of UEFA reacts. It's a sensible move to close the window before the start of the season, but it needs to apply to all.

Looks like Italy want to follow suit. Needed one league to take the leap?

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Transfer window will close before start of season on 22:40 - Sep 7 with 5155 viewskyswans

Transfer window will close before start of season on 22:32 - Sep 7 by EasternJack

I've seen that the Bundesliga would be next in line.

I think you'll see more fall in line over the next few years. Next year might be rough with the World Cup, but it makes so much more sense to have the deals done before the season starts.
Transfer window will close before start of season on 22:41 - Sep 7 with 5154 viewsUxbridge

Transfer window will close before start of season on 22:32 - Sep 7 by EasternJack

Maybe. Let's hope so. It's a sensible decision if it applies continent wide. If any league could compel the others, it's probably the Premier League.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Transfer window will close before start of season on 22:41 - Sep 7 with 5154 viewsmax936

Transfer window will close before start of season on 19:52 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

The reality will be completely different to that.

The window between foreign clubs and the EPL will effectively shut on our deadline day. The only players going after will be ones Clubs don't care about e.g. Montero.

The ones in demand will understand UNEQUIVOCALLY they won't be going anywhere once the deadline has past - unsettled or otherwise - you're faking staying son!!

Foreign clubs will understand this and deal with it.

The only thing that will happen and achieve is business will need to be done early, which it will.

Market, apart from bums closed 5pm Thursday before season starts.

Hope this helps you and the Doc

Hope so, Res there has to be some sort of plan in place as you say otherwise it could end it chaos.
The January Window might get a bit manic though as the Teams will still be playing, on that note, perhaps that may change in time with there just being one window, between the end of the season and the start of the new. What you think?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Transfer window will close before start of season on 07:59 - Sep 8 with 5072 viewsMrSwerve

Thankfully the beginning of the end of this transfer window madness of closing after the season has started. It's crazy that a team could have a poor start and then decide to bring in more players because of that. You should start the first game with your final squad.

Let's be honest, not much happens at the start of the transfer window anyway. Hopefully with this change, deals will be completed within the first day or two. Not expecting HJ to do this though!

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Transfer window will close before start of season on 09:08 - Sep 8 with 5046 viewsSTID2017

I can't understand why the transfer window doesn't start from when the season ends.
I know some deals are agreed in principle, but surely once the last ball is kicked it is in the best interests of players and teams to get a transfer sorted, go on their holidays then join their new club for pre-season training ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Transfer window will close before start of season on 09:18 - Sep 8 with 5043 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Transfer window will close before start of season on 09:08 - Sep 8 by STID2017

I can't understand why the transfer window doesn't start from when the season ends.
I know some deals are agreed in principle, but surely once the last ball is kicked it is in the best interests of players and teams to get a transfer sorted, go on their holidays then join their new club for pre-season training ?

It's starting three weeks earlier next season so the length of the window is the same.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Transfer window will close before start of season on 09:33 - Sep 8 with 5035 viewsTheResurrection

Transfer window will close before start of season on 22:41 - Sep 7 by max936

Hope so, Res there has to be some sort of plan in place as you say otherwise it could end it chaos.
The January Window might get a bit manic though as the Teams will still be playing, on that note, perhaps that may change in time with there just being one window, between the end of the season and the start of the new. What you think?

Personally I still think the windows are a good idea. Yes, not perfect, but I think we'd really notice it if they were scrapped again. It just allows players, generally, to knuckle down and get on with their football. If this means playing well to impress a new club as I'm sure lots do, then at least we benefit from the period in question.

The worst case scenario would be no windows, our star striker from the Dutch league, for example, who we've picked up for a bargain, looks great and has already scored ten. Man City tapping him up and he goes in November.

No windows at all would be a free for all.

Transfer window will close before start of season on 13:53 - Sep 8 with 4979 viewsJackSkellington

Transfer window will close before start of season on 18:06 - Sep 7 by Dr_Winston

Apparently we voted against it.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-city-transfer-dead

"Apparently we voted against it."

Two obvious potential reasons I can think of:

1) It interferes with Huw's planned 2018 summer holiday to Benidorm.

2) If there's anything at all in the previous speculation about the club's financial year ending on 31st July, and this in any way makes it favourable for us to roll transfers over to the next financial year for tax purposes (none of this remotely interests me BTW, just repeating some of the comments on here over last month. Those requiring a tedious finance based argument please apply elsewhere), then we now effectively have a 9 day transfer window.
Transfer window will close before start of season on 19:25 - Sep 8 with 4934 viewsmax936

Transfer window will close before start of season on 09:33 - Sep 8 by TheResurrection

Personally I still think the windows are a good idea. Yes, not perfect, but I think we'd really notice it if they were scrapped again. It just allows players, generally, to knuckle down and get on with their football. If this means playing well to impress a new club as I'm sure lots do, then at least we benefit from the period in question.

The worst case scenario would be no windows, our star striker from the Dutch league, for example, who we've picked up for a bargain, looks great and has already scored ten. Man City tapping him up and he goes in November.

No windows at all would be a free for all.

Yep agree there, it would be chaos.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Transfer window will close before start of season on 23:34 - Sep 8 with 4882 viewsEasternJack

Transfer window will close before start of season on 19:25 - Sep 8 by max936

Yep agree there, it would be chaos.

It did used to be chaos

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024