Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Genderless Toilets 09:26 - Sep 8 with 14167 viewsDarran

Dear God whatever next?

Boys and girls between the ages of 11-18 sharing the same shitter,just asking for trouble.

I await the first court case with bated breath. Utter madness.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/school-cardiff-installed-gender-neu

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Genderless Toilets on 12:22 - Sep 8 with 2220 viewslondonlisa2001

Genderless Toilets on 12:19 - Sep 8 by Darran

Indeed and I'm glad you agree it's a recipe for for disaster.

I dont.
Genderless Toilets on 12:29 - Sep 8 with 2213 viewsMrSwerve

Genderless Toilets on 12:09 - Sep 8 by londonlisa2001

Well maybe we need to change the way kids are brought up then?

It would be a culture shock for older people as we weren't brought up with it, but if kids are brought up in that environment from the beginning, I suspect there'd be fewer problems when they grow up.

I don't disagree with you that ideally it would maybe be a good idea in the long term, but I'm just being realistic that in the here and now it could potentially be a (to use Darran's words) 'recipe for disaster'.

Teachers are under enough pressure and this will add to it. I think schools are a bad place to start trying this. It should be in an adult environment such as a workplace...and even then, I can imagine it being a problem for people. Personally, I don't care either way.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Genderless Toilets on 12:29 - Sep 8 with 2213 viewsYossarian

Genderless Toilets on 11:41 - Sep 8 by Mo_Wives

Imagine the scene...
You're in the toilets, fag in mouth, greasing your 'John Travolta' up with a comb. All the other T-birds standing around laughing at your jokes. When out of one of the closed stalls comes what sounds like the lowest note played on a tuba, followed by a splash. The toilet flushes, door opens and out comes the girl you're taking to prom. Red faced, she runs off, clutching her books to her chest with a tail of toilet roll stuck to the bottom of her saddle shoes. The T-birds all burst out laughing and as their laughter dies away you slip into a heartbreaking ballad called 'the sound of Sandy'.

Got to admit it- you're on good form today!

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Genderless Toilets on 12:34 - Sep 8 with 2194 viewslondonlisa2001

Genderless Toilets on 12:29 - Sep 8 by MrSwerve

I don't disagree with you that ideally it would maybe be a good idea in the long term, but I'm just being realistic that in the here and now it could potentially be a (to use Darran's words) 'recipe for disaster'.

Teachers are under enough pressure and this will add to it. I think schools are a bad place to start trying this. It should be in an adult environment such as a workplace...and even then, I can imagine it being a problem for people. Personally, I don't care either way.

I understand the point about teachers.

But in order to truly change behaviour you have to start with the children so they grow up with a different 'normal'. Adults can't. They can modify behaviour because they're told to, but they can't change what's 'normal' in their minds.
Genderless Toilets on 12:34 - Sep 8 with 2194 viewsMo_Wives

Genderless Toilets on 12:29 - Sep 8 by Yossarian

Why, thank you, Yoss.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Genderless Toilets on 12:35 - Sep 8 with 2194 viewsMrSwerve

Genderless Toilets on 12:29 - Sep 8 by Yossarian

I'd like to hear Mo's story about the time that a lady needed a banging sh*t in a toilet full of blokes, and the banter that followed.

Genderless Toilets on 12:37 - Sep 8 with 2189 viewsYossarian

Genderless Toilets on 12:29 - Sep 8 by MrSwerve

I think that's a really good point- schools are not the places to try out these social experiments- whether there is any merit in them or not.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Genderless Toilets on 12:38 - Sep 8 with 2187 viewsMrSwerve

Genderless Toilets on 12:34 - Sep 8 by londonlisa2001

I understand the point about teachers.

But in order to truly change behaviour you have to start with the children so they grow up with a different 'normal'. Adults can't. They can modify behaviour because they're told to, but they can't change what's 'normal' in their minds.

As you say, in an ideal World you would start with the children and get it ingrained in their daily lives.

I'm just sceptical as to how long it would take for it to be accepted, and is the wait really worth it while we have all of the problems that will inevitably occur.

Login to get fewer ads

Genderless Toilets on 12:40 - Sep 8 with 2179 viewsMrSwerve

Genderless Toilets on 12:37 - Sep 8 by Yossarian

I think that's a really good point- schools are not the places to try out these social experiments- whether there is any merit in them or not.

Yep. I can totally understand Lisa's point of view that kids need to be brought up with it...I just think that when you weigh up the positives and negatives, is it really worth the hassle when there are far more pressing issues.

Genderless Toilets on 12:42 - Sep 8 with 2175 viewslondonlisa2001

Genderless Toilets on 12:38 - Sep 8 by MrSwerve

As you say, in an ideal World you would start with the children and get it ingrained in their daily lives.

I'm just sceptical as to how long it would take for it to be accepted, and is the wait really worth it while we have all of the problems that will inevitably occur.

I think kids have far fewer issues about this stuff than adults.

They'll just get on with it.

It's their parents that won't.
Genderless Toilets on 12:44 - Sep 8 with 2173 viewsMrSwerve

Genderless Toilets on 12:42 - Sep 8 by londonlisa2001

I think kids have far fewer issues about this stuff than adults.

They'll just get on with it.

It's their parents that won't.

For the love of God, will someone think of the adults?!

Genderless Toilets on 12:53 - Sep 8 with 2151 viewsswanjackal

Genderless Toilets on 12:13 - Sep 8 by londonlisa2001

There aren't more people now who are transgender than there ever have been. It's just that they don't quietly go away and top themselves as frequently anymore because they feel that maybe there's a chance of them having a life now.

Selfish gits that they are.

Although, I feel Trans issues are more open these days, the stats seem to point that suicide rates are equal/higher in modern times with people who "identify" as transgender than they have ever been, despite the extra support available to years gone by.

As for original topic, why is there such a push against dimorphism in humans? It's madness. Granted, people should not be so hung up on where they empty their bowels, but they are. Some people, including children are uncomfortable with their body functions around others, especially those of the opposite sex. There is nothing wrong with that kind of modesty, but it seems certain branches of society are trying to shame them into accepting that this perfectly normal position is in fact "intolerant".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Genderless Toilets on 12:54 - Sep 8 with 2148 viewsMo_Wives

Genderless Toilets on 12:35 - Sep 8 by MrSwerve

I'd like to hear Mo's story about the time that a lady needed a banging sh*t in a toilet full of blokes, and the banter that followed.

The banter involved drawing a grave stone on the stall door, with the words: RIP Sandy's dignity.

Oh, and a song about it being "cistern-matic" or something. Boys will be boys

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Genderless Toilets on 13:09 - Sep 8 with 2133 viewslondonlisa2001

Genderless Toilets on 12:53 - Sep 8 by swanjackal

Although, I feel Trans issues are more open these days, the stats seem to point that suicide rates are equal/higher in modern times with people who "identify" as transgender than they have ever been, despite the extra support available to years gone by.

As for original topic, why is there such a push against dimorphism in humans? It's madness. Granted, people should not be so hung up on where they empty their bowels, but they are. Some people, including children are uncomfortable with their body functions around others, especially those of the opposite sex. There is nothing wrong with that kind of modesty, but it seems certain branches of society are trying to shame them into accepting that this perfectly normal position is in fact "intolerant".

The stats are difficult for us to interpret as depression or mental illness caused by gender displacement issues would never have been recorded as such in the past.

We are in a period of fairly intense change at the moment. People are encouraged to be more open but we are in a transition where they will possibly suffer quite severe abuse (both physical and mental) from some parts of society when they are open. It'll take a while before society as a whole treats this as 'normal' at which point the people affected will no longer suffer as they have done and as they continue to do. It's generational though. Generations after us will find these things a non issue and it's will become easier. When you speak with kids about these things now, they are far more tolerant than we are - most don't give a stuff and find it incredible that anyone does.

On your other point, kids are completely comfortable with their bodily functions until they are taught not to be. I've yet to see a small child who is remotely bothered about going to the loo in front of anyone.
Genderless Toilets on 13:32 - Sep 8 with 2107 viewsDyfnant

Carry on as long as no one moans about piss on the seats.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Genderless Toilets on 13:35 - Sep 8 with 2102 viewsMrSwerve

Genderless Toilets on 13:32 - Sep 8 by Dyfnant

And leaving the seat up.

Kinell, how did I miss that from my list of negatives?

Genderless Toilets on 13:38 - Sep 8 with 2102 viewssherpajacob

Where does the UK stand on stats like teenage pregnancy rates amongst developed nations?

The numbers would suggest more open nations, such as those in Scandinavia, are more effective.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Genderless Toilets on 13:41 - Sep 8 with 2100 viewsswanjackal

Genderless Toilets on 13:09 - Sep 8 by londonlisa2001

The stats are difficult for us to interpret as depression or mental illness caused by gender displacement issues would never have been recorded as such in the past.

We are in a period of fairly intense change at the moment. People are encouraged to be more open but we are in a transition where they will possibly suffer quite severe abuse (both physical and mental) from some parts of society when they are open. It'll take a while before society as a whole treats this as 'normal' at which point the people affected will no longer suffer as they have done and as they continue to do. It's generational though. Generations after us will find these things a non issue and it's will become easier. When you speak with kids about these things now, they are far more tolerant than we are - most don't give a stuff and find it incredible that anyone does.

On your other point, kids are completely comfortable with their bodily functions until they are taught not to be. I've yet to see a small child who is remotely bothered about going to the loo in front of anyone.

But the rates have not dropped (infact most studies show increase) in the last several years. So it gives weight that acceptance isn't currently the major factor in these issues, as a decline (albeit possibly small) or levelling off would have occured, which it hasn't . The worrying trend there is the post op rates of suicide and attempts are not singinifcantly lower either, or getting lower, indicating once again tolerance isn't the biggest factor.

It's good tolerance of differences has increased and continues to do so, but bastardising current "norms" may not always be progressive. I find myself in a hard place, I don't care on a personal level what an adult does to/with themselves and consenting adults, as long as they don't tread on other individuals and their rights. However, I also have sympathies with those who are more conservative in view, who although not vocal about things , tend to be villified by the way they think.

Yes very young children have little hang ups, but when they do become self conscious, they do. Be it learned response or natural, this does happen in civil society thankfully. It would be a starnge world to go back to defecating mid street, or bleeding huts. A world I'm not keen on myself. I would say as a species we have evolved to modesty , henc why we are no longer running around starkers , banging anything that walks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Genderless Toilets on 13:44 - Sep 8 with 2094 viewsDyfnant

We could use the spare toilets for the oddballs on the sex offender register

Genderless Toilets on 13:45 - Sep 8 with 2094 viewsswanjackal

Genderless Toilets on 13:32 - Sep 8 by Dyfnant

Having cleaned both male and female changing rooms/toilets in my youth, I think men would have a lot more to moan about with gender shared bathrooms. Also, living with 7 women at one point with one bathroom, kind of backs up my view.

Genderless Toilets on 13:48 - Sep 8 with 2090 viewsDyfnant

Genderless Toilets on 13:45 - Sep 8 by swanjackal

Having cleaned both male and female changing rooms/toilets in my youth, I think men would have a lot more to moan about with gender shared bathrooms. Also, living with 7 women at one point with one bathroom, kind of backs up my view.

Really, what are they upto?

Genderless Toilets on 13:50 - Sep 8 with 2083 viewsswanjackal

Genderless Toilets on 13:48 - Sep 8 by Dyfnant

Really, what are they upto?

I think they are still changing rooms/toilets.

Genderless Toilets on 13:53 - Sep 8 with 2077 viewsDyfnant

Genderless Toilets on 13:50 - Sep 8 by swanjackal

I think they are still changing rooms/toilets.

Tidy, you been promoted to the adult bogs now I assume

Genderless Toilets on 13:56 - Sep 8 with 2066 viewsswanjackal

Genderless Toilets on 13:53 - Sep 8 by Dyfnant

Tidy, you been promoted to the adult bogs now I assume

Yep I can reach the sink with ease.

Oh, you mean cleaning them

Genderless Toilets on 13:59 - Sep 8 with 2061 viewsMrSwerve

Taking it a step further, what about genderless changing rooms?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024