Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where were you in '65? Listening to The Ronettes? Please try 'em. 21:02 - Sep 8 with 8169 viewsDavillin

Where were you in '65? I was listening to The Ronettes. Please try 'em.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Where were you in '65? Listening to The Ronettes? Please try 'em. on 21:04 - Sep 8 with 8161 viewsLoyal

Years before I invented the tit w@nk.
Nice looking ladies mind.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Where were you in '65? Listening to The Ronettes? Please try 'em. on 21:05 - Sep 8 with 8161 viewswhoflungdung

Earlier Tone,surely

I had be my baby and must have been 63

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Where were you in '65? Listening to The Ronettes? Please try 'em. on 21:08 - Sep 8 with 8156 viewsDarran

Where were you in '65? Listening to The Ronettes? Please try 'em. on 21:05 - Sep 8 by whoflungdung

Earlier Tone,surely

I had be my baby and must have been 63

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Where were you in '65? Listening to The Ronettes? Please try 'em. on 21:17 - Sep 8 with 8142 viewswhoflungdung

Bought this in Lewis Lewis with proceeds of my paper rounds and helping at my grandad s building yard

It was special.

Kitchen sink thrown in by Spector, incredible lead female and truly made happy to be alive

Where were you in '65? Listening to The Ronettes? Please try 'em. on 21:22 - Sep 8 with 8134 viewsDarran

You won't beat this one by The Shirelles though.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Where were you in '65? Listening to The Ronettes? Please try 'em. on 21:24 - Sep 8 with 8127 viewswhoflungdung

King classic.

Where were you in '65? Listening to The Ronettes? Please try 'em. on 21:44 - Sep 8 with 8109 viewslifelong

Those were the days my friend.

Where were you in '65? Listening to The Ronettes? Please try 'em. on 21:48 - Sep 8 with 8096 viewslifelong

Login to get fewer ads

Where were you in '65? Listening to The Ronettes? Please try 'em. on 21:52 - Sep 8 with 8091 viewslifelong

Where were you in '65? Listening to The Ronettes? Please try 'em. on 10:24 - Sep 9 with 8014 viewswhoflungdung

Happy days Roger,but those brassieres !

Where were you in '65? Listening to The Ronettes? Please try 'em. on 23:29 - Sep 9 with 7936 viewsDavillin

Thank you all!

It's such a delight when I get a reaction like this -- one song after another that brings the same big smile to my face as the o.p. did.

What larks, Pip, old chap. What larks!

Where were you in '65? Listening to The Ronettes? Please try 'em. on 06:19 - Sep 10 with 7893 viewsAnotherJohn

Some memorable songs among the UK hits of 1965.

http://www.severing.nu/music/1965UK.html

I was in to Donovan in those days - how times change!
Where were you in '65? Listening to The Ronettes? Please try 'em. on 10:49 - Sep 10 with 7849 viewsWxmJax

The guy that plays that opening piano bit on Leader Of The Pack was only 14 years old. Later on he wrote Say Goodbye To Hollywood as an homage to The Ronnettes. Virtually identical to Be My Baby.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Where were you in '65? Listening to The Ronettes? Please try 'em. on 10:52 - Sep 10 with 7845 viewsWxmJax

Ronnie Spector then went on to record it with Bruce's band

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Where were you in '65? Listening to The Ronettes? Please try 'em. on 00:11 - Sep 11 with 7790 viewsLohengrin

Just for you, Dav, a master at work in '64.

Lefty doesn't get mentioned much these days, Dav, but if you listen closely it becomes blindingly obvious as to where Merle Haggard drew his inspiration and modelled his style.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Where were you in '65? Listening to The Ronettes? Please try 'em. on 02:03 - Sep 11 with 7771 viewsDavillin

Where were you in '65? Listening to The Ronettes? Please try 'em. on 00:11 - Sep 11 by Lohengrin

Just for you, Dav, a master at work in '64.

Lefty doesn't get mentioned much these days, Dav, but if you listen closely it becomes blindingly obvious as to where Merle Haggard drew his inspiration and modelled his style.

Thanks, Lohengrin. I've always liked Lefty's music. He was the height of his popularity in the mid-50s while I was stationed just outside Nashville and heard him regularly on WSM.

Thank Heaven he did copy Lefty in the end. I have a 4-disk set of Haggard's early works and I almost choked when I heard the first half-dozen or so, recorded when he first started out and was working with Buck Owens and was clearly copying him so well I couldn't tell the difference.

As I said, thank Heavens he didn't stay with fauz-Owens!

Where were you in '65? Listening to The Ronettes? Please try 'em. on 02:13 - Sep 11 with 7767 viewsLohengrin

Where were you in '65? Listening to The Ronettes? Please try 'em. on 02:03 - Sep 11 by Davillin

Thanks, Lohengrin. I've always liked Lefty's music. He was the height of his popularity in the mid-50s while I was stationed just outside Nashville and heard him regularly on WSM.

Thank Heaven he did copy Lefty in the end. I have a 4-disk set of Haggard's early works and I almost choked when I heard the first half-dozen or so, recorded when he first started out and was working with Buck Owens and was clearly copying him so well I couldn't tell the difference.

As I said, thank Heavens he didn't stay with fauz-Owens!

I know you don't drink any more, Dav...but I do! I'm sat with a bottle of Jim Beam, sipping away quietly as I type, with this classic album playing by the side of me.

I'm day off tomorrow and life isn't such a bad thing when you can revel in the things you enjoy
[Post edited 11 Sep 2017 2:14]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Where were you in '65? Listening to The Ronettes? Please try 'em. on 09:22 - Sep 11 with 7728 viewsLoyal

This man for me, away from the robbed songs by Clapton is the real deal.
Recorded from 1956 through to his death in 2013. Any one with an ear for music will know immediately where dire straits got their primary influence, even down to guitar and singing style.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024