Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fabianski ? 21:16 - Sep 8 with 8744 viewsLoyal

Best I've seen in 33 years of supporting the swans. Ok, Rog was excellent but never in the premier league ( for us ) Or old div 1.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Fabianski ? on 21:18 - Sep 8 with 3318 viewsSwanjaxs

In fairness Vorm was excellent too in his first season..

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Fabianski ? on 21:23 - Sep 8 with 3294 viewsDr_Winston

He's a good keeper, although he's struggled to reach the heights he did in his first season.

Freestone's distribution would have probably let him down in the modern era, but as a shot stopper and a keeper in total command of his penalty area we've had none better.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Fabianski ? on 21:29 - Sep 8 with 3258 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

He was very poor last season. He'd stand on his line despite balls being high in the air a couple of yards form his feet and he made many mistakes over the season which lost us points.

He has started this season well.

I still believe Vorm in his first season is the best goalkeeper I have seen at our club. Fabianski would be second.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Fabianski ? on 22:01 - Sep 8 with 3171 viewscwmdonkinjack

For commitment, guts and durability Roger for me.
But in terms of ability Fabianski and Vorm close with different strengths and weaknesses. Fabianski still makes me nervous with the ball at his feet and guarantees at least one rugby style clearance to touch a game.
Dave Stewart and Jimmy Rimmer would also be up there; I still cannot understand why Stewart was ditched for Dai Davies.
Fabianski ? on 22:14 - Sep 8 with 3124 viewsjasper_T

Rugby-style clearances to touch are great from a keeper and better than this tippy tappy nonsense most of the time.
Fabianski ? on 22:31 - Sep 8 with 3080 viewsawayjack

Fabianski ? on 22:01 - Sep 8 by cwmdonkinjack

But in terms of ability Fabianski and Vorm close with different strengths and weaknesses. Fabianski still makes me nervous with the ball at his feet and guarantees at least one rugby style clearance to touch a game.
Dave Stewart and Jimmy Rimmer would also be up there; I still cannot understand why Stewart was ditched for Dai Davies.

Dai did Ok after poor start. Not our best GK but it was at top level. I remember uninspired chants changing from 'Gummy Dai' to 'Super Dai' after a few decent performances. Agree that Vorm 1st season was excellent but poor after injury. Fans has been more consistent, so overtaken Vorm. Agree his clearances are poor but since our defence improved post PC he's looked more commanding in box. Our defending at set-pieces, a problem for years, seems to be improved. Bony also great at defending corners. Fingers crossed.
Fabianski ? on 22:32 - Sep 8 with 3076 viewsjacktar

Fabianski ? on 21:29 - Sep 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He was very poor last season. He'd stand on his line despite balls being high in the air a couple of yards form his feet and he made many mistakes over the season which lost us points.

He has started this season well.

I still believe Vorm in his first season is the best goalkeeper I have seen at our club. Fabianski would be second.

Probably the only 2 keepers you've seen "at our club"

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Fabianski ? on 22:40 - Sep 8 with 3056 viewsmax936

Fabianski ? on 22:01 - Sep 8 by cwmdonkinjack

Dave Stewart for me then probably Jimmy, Vorm and then Fab then Rog

Dai Davies was much maligned, but he wasn't has bad as what he's made out to be, in fairness.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2017 22:44]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Fabianski ? on 22:42 - Sep 8 with 3046 viewsRobbie

Another nod to Dave Stewart , probably not mentioned as much as other players of that early 80 era , solid and reliable .
Latchford still the best ? , I think so .
Fabianski ? on 22:52 - Sep 8 with 3016 viewsGaryjack

Fabianski ? on 21:23 - Sep 8 by Dr_Winston

He's a good keeper, although he's struggled to reach the heights he did in his first season.

Freestone's distribution would have probably let him down in the modern era, but as a shot stopper and a keeper in total command of his penalty area we've had none better.

Jesus Christ Jobs! I;m all for a bit of nostalgia mun, but what the fvck are you talking about? Freestone at his peak wouldn't be anywhere near 1/10th of the shots that Premier league keepers have to face! This is on a par with saying Trundle would cut it in the top flight!
Fabianski ? on 23:00 - Sep 8 with 2987 viewsmarchamjack

No. Vorm in that 1st season was almost world class. Suspect that's been his best season ever.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Fabianski ? on 23:01 - Sep 8 with 2982 viewsTNT

Neville Southall was living proof that Geoff Crudgington could have cut it in the top flight.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Fabianski ? on 23:01 - Sep 8 with 2980 viewsFireboy2

Fabianski ? on 22:42 - Sep 8 by Robbie

Another nod to Dave Stewart , probably not mentioned as much as other players of that early 80 era , solid and reliable .
Latchford still the best ? , I think so .

And another vote for Stewart for me

And as someone has already stated couldn't work out why he was ditched for Dai the drop as Dave was a great keeper
Fabianski ? on 23:27 - Sep 8 with 2936 viewsrob

Willy Guéret did a job mind :D
Fabianski ? on 23:28 - Sep 8 with 2932 viewsEasternJack

I've seen Fab rated between 17th and 11th best gk in the premier last season.

I'd agree that he's on average the best we've seen in a Swans shirt - although I agree that Vorms first season was something special.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Fabianski ? on 23:36 - Sep 8 with 2917 viewsscottishjack

Come on folks, Dorus? He should at least get a mention surely?

Roger Freestone was one of my heroes as a lad watching the Swans, Vorm in that first year was superb, but DeVries deserves a mention...?
Fabianski ? on 23:41 - Sep 8 with 2906 viewsEasternJack

Fabianski ? on 23:36 - Sep 8 by scottishjack

Roger Freestone was one of my heroes as a lad watching the Swans, Vorm in that first year was superb, but DeVries deserves a mention...?

Fair shout - and I do believe he still has our cleen sheet record.
Never really trusted him with high balls into the box

Also he made a real fist of proving the existence of the swansea curse

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Fabianski ? on 23:55 - Sep 8 with 2888 viewsshenleymun

Tony Millington
Fabianski ? on 00:11 - Sep 9 with 2862 viewsRobbie

Tony Millington of the big sideburns , alas I think I heard he was not well or poorly recenlly , warmed up in front of the centre stand too .
Fabianski ? on 00:23 - Sep 9 with 2834 viewstheloneranger

Fabianski ? on 00:11 - Sep 9 by Robbie

Tony Millington of the big sideburns , alas I think I heard he was not well or poorly recenlly , warmed up in front of the centre stand too .

Sadly Tony passed away on the 5th August 2015.

He had been in a wheel chair since a car accident in 1975

Great keeper, nice guy and a wicked sense of humour
[Post edited 9 Sep 2017 0:25]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Fabianski ? on 00:32 - Sep 9 with 2809 viewsDJack

I'll keep it simple. From Dai the drop (he wasn't that bad in any shape or form) through to Fabs we have not done too badly with our keepers. Yes they've had strengths and weaknesses but YES they've done a job.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Fabianski ? on 01:12 - Sep 9 with 2770 viewsWarwickHunt

Fabianski ? on 23:36 - Sep 8 by scottishjack

No.
Fabianski ? on 01:13 - Sep 9 with 2768 viewsWarwickHunt

Fabianski ? on 23:55 - Sep 8 by shenleymun

Tony Millington

Noel Dwyer.
Fabianski ? on 01:42 - Sep 9 with 2746 viewsHumpty

Mike Hughes.
Fabianski ? on 02:06 - Sep 9 with 2719 viewsDJack

Fabianski ? on 01:42 - Sep 9 by Humpty

Mike Hughes.

You slut!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024