Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The best Jack in Texas. She doesn't post on this board. 06:30 - Sep 9 with 5678 viewsTummer_from_Texas

She lives in Houston. Mimi from Houston.

I only know her on the interwebs, like almost all of y'all. Melinda and I went to the East Coast USA Swans tour in 2016. She did it in 2017, and our paths have otherwise not crossed yet. But I know her well as a very exuberant lover of everything Swansea City Football.

Mimi's house got hit bad by Harvey. 1.5' of flooding. Sheetrock destroyed up to 2 meters up.

But Mimi and her family evacuated of course. Along with all her most valued treasures.

I'd be a little wary to bring Mimi around here, she's a full blown, uncompromising sunshine pumper. I realize I'm kind of a naive, optimistic homer, and last season she made me feel like I was The Resurrection rooting for 3 Llorentes backed by 7 Siggys and Fab. (Rest assured, Res. I'm sure she's now as convinced as you that we are much better off after selling those bums, consistent pumper Mimi remains).

This club touches random people in random places (geographically, not anatomically). We are not Jacks the same as you from the Gower, but it's still important to us. You inspire us.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2017 6:53]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The best Jack in Texas. She doesn't post on this board. on 16:07 - Sep 9 with 1672 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The best Jack in Texas. She doesn't post on this board. on 15:52 - Sep 9 by Loyal

I think she probably had planned her families removal well, hence the time to make a comment and take a photo.
However, why do people want these fcking retards writing all over their clothes ?

Apparently she made the comment and took the photo at some other point well after the evacuation, hence the "Last Tuesday" at the start of the message, Sherlock.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The best Jack in Texas. She doesn't post on this board. on 16:07 - Sep 9 with 1672 viewsDarran

The best Jack in Texas. She doesn't post on this board. on 15:58 - Sep 9 by wobbly

A Texan girl called Mimi. In a swans shirt.

I suspect I would like to share a genderless toilet with her.

Cracking norks mind,I've seen a photo.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The best Jack in Texas. She doesn't post on this board. on 16:09 - Sep 9 with 1667 viewswobbly

The best Jack in Texas. She doesn't post on this board. on 16:07 - Sep 9 by Darran

Cracking norks mind,I've seen a photo.

Good. I can't wait to see her uncompromising sunshine pumpers.
The best Jack in Texas. She doesn't post on this board. on 16:11 - Sep 9 with 1662 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The best Jack in Texas. She doesn't post on this board. on 15:55 - Sep 9 by Darran

And anyway how do we know she's the best Jack in Texas there might have been someone that packed their Swans shirt and their collection of every match day home & away programme going back to 1947 and they never bothered to tweet the official twitter about it because they aren't an attention seeker.

She didn't tweet anyone about it.

She posted the pic and message on the Stateside Jacks closed group Facebook page, and someone else tweeted it out.

Mimi is a devoted supporter, but I wouldn't presume that she's an attention-seeker, Dar.

The best Jack in Texas. She doesn't post on this board. on 16:18 - Sep 9 with 1644 viewsMo_Wives

The best Jack in Texas. She doesn't post on this board. on 16:09 - Sep 9 by wobbly

Good. I can't wait to see her uncompromising sunshine pumpers.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

The best Jack in Texas. She doesn't post on this board. on 16:20 - Sep 9 with 1637 viewsexiledclaseboy

I'm now trying to decide what "sunshine pumping" is. In my mind it's quite rude. Please don't disavow me of that notion.

Oh yeah I forgot. Go Mimi. You go girl. Etc.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2017 16:24]

Poll: Tory leader

The best Jack in Texas. She doesn't post on this board. on 16:22 - Sep 9 with 1630 viewsMo_Wives

The best Jack in Texas. She doesn't post on this board. on 16:20 - Sep 9 by exiledclaseboy

I'm now trying to decide what "sunshine pumping" is. In my mind it's quite rude. Please don't disavow me of that notion.

Oh yeah I forgot. Go Mimi. You go girl. Etc.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2017 16:24]

It comes before a 'happy ending'

Good luck, Mr Cooper

The best Jack in Texas. She doesn't post on this board. on 16:24 - Sep 9 with 1621 viewsexiledclaseboy

The best Jack in Texas. She doesn't post on this board. on 16:22 - Sep 9 by Mo_Wives

It comes before a 'happy ending'

That often happens to me too.

Login to get fewer ads

The best Jack in Texas. She doesn't post on this board. on 16:26 - Sep 9 with 1614 viewsMo_Wives

The best Jack in Texas. She doesn't post on this board. on 16:24 - Sep 9 by exiledclaseboy

That often happens to me too.

Sometimes you don't get to the sunshine...they call that 'Dawn Pumping'. A friend told me.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

The best Jack in Texas. She doesn't post on this board. on 16:27 - Sep 9 with 1604 viewsexiledclaseboy

The best Jack in Texas. She doesn't post on this board. on 16:26 - Sep 9 by Mo_Wives

Sometimes you don't get to the sunshine...they call that 'Dawn Pumping'. A friend told me.

Was it Dawn?

The best Jack in Texas. She doesn't post on this board. on 16:29 - Sep 9 with 1598 viewsLoyal

The best Jack in Texas. She doesn't post on this board. on 16:26 - Sep 9 by Mo_Wives

This club touches random people in random places....

just keeping abreast of the situation.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The best Jack in Texas. She doesn't post on this board. on 16:30 - Sep 9 with 1594 viewsMo_Wives

The best Jack in Texas. She doesn't post on this board. on 16:27 - Sep 9 by exiledclaseboy

Was it Dawn?

Sir, you can read me like a book. T'was Dawn.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

The best Jack in Texas. She doesn't post on this board. on 06:14 - Sep 10 with 1464 viewsphact0rri

The best Jack in Texas. She doesn't post on this board. on 07:04 - Sep 9 by Mo_Wives

What a great post from the big Texan. I hope Mimi and her family are all OK.

I think you Americans optimism comes from being a nation where so many of your fore fathers said "We can do this...it's going to be great" and left for the New world. Our fore fathers were the ones who said "We could go, love...but you know somethings gonna go tits up. Best stay here, I think".

And finally, I think a lot of the foreign fans are as dedicated as they come. Whether you were born in Swansea, making you a Jack or not. I once heard someone say (maybe on here) that if you are a Swans supporter you are a true 'Jack bastard'. Which to me is more important.

Honestly having spent my childhood on both sides of the pond, I would say the american 'can do' is more of a bi product of how protected children are, and told they are the best at everything they do. They are massaged and schools do their best to not have a loser in competition until your way out of the first years of education. There's also this "america is always winning" type of teaching that goes on. I remember as young welsh boy thinking I was lucky to get to come to such an amazing and powerful place-- it was only years later I realized how massively dolled up it all is.

By contrast british schools seem to be more point blank, especially the catholic schools. Its on about how dire things were in the past, and how you are merely a sprocket in a machine, and more than likely one of those rusty ones. So don't worry yourself so much on failure... because lets face it... you are british.

At least thats how I've set to comparing the reasoning of america's half full and british half empty mental states.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

The best Jack in Texas. She doesn't post on this board. on 07:23 - Sep 10 with 1438 viewsLoyal

The best Jack in Texas. She doesn't post on this board. on 16:07 - Sep 9 by Tummer_from_Texas

Apparently she made the comment and took the photo at some other point well after the evacuation, hence the "Last Tuesday" at the start of the message, Sherlock.

I support you in a post and you give me sarcasm, oh now then capt america, here we go ....
Bloody yanks !

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

The best Jack in Texas. She doesn't post on this board. on 07:25 - Sep 10 with 1436 viewsMo_Wives

The best Jack in Texas. She doesn't post on this board. on 06:14 - Sep 10 by phact0rri

Honestly having spent my childhood on both sides of the pond, I would say the american 'can do' is more of a bi product of how protected children are, and told they are the best at everything they do. They are massaged and schools do their best to not have a loser in competition until your way out of the first years of education. There's also this "america is always winning" type of teaching that goes on. I remember as young welsh boy thinking I was lucky to get to come to such an amazing and powerful place-- it was only years later I realized how massively dolled up it all is.

By contrast british schools seem to be more point blank, especially the catholic schools. Its on about how dire things were in the past, and how you are merely a sprocket in a machine, and more than likely one of those rusty ones. So don't worry yourself so much on failure... because lets face it... you are british.

At least thats how I've set to comparing the reasoning of america's half full and british half empty mental states.

I would take your real life experience over my, sitting on my arse, eureka moment, but we could both be right. Your suggestion answers why the kids (therefore adults too) are that way. Mine maybe suggests why the school systems ended up being that way.

I'd also wonder if the bombings in Europe during WW2 had anything to do with it. Since only a few decades back the UK had kids growing up amongst bomb sites...although I suspect the differences goes back further.

If anyone knows the answer to these questions, please send them to me, with a self addressed envelope, at this address...

Captain Maurice Wives
Keyboard warrior division
Ministry of Bullshit
Swansea
SA1 LOL

The first five replies will receive a signed T-shirt, with the caption: I met Mo...and he's a very nice man.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

The best Jack in Texas. She doesn't post on this board. on 07:37 - Sep 10 with 1420 viewsLoyal

The best Jack in Texas. She doesn't post on this board. on 07:25 - Sep 10 by Mo_Wives

I would take your real life experience over my, sitting on my arse, eureka moment, but we could both be right. Your suggestion answers why the kids (therefore adults too) are that way. Mine maybe suggests why the school systems ended up being that way.

I'd also wonder if the bombings in Europe during WW2 had anything to do with it. Since only a few decades back the UK had kids growing up amongst bomb sites...although I suspect the differences goes back further.

If anyone knows the answer to these questions, please send them to me, with a self addressed envelope, at this address...

Captain Maurice Wives
Keyboard warrior division
Ministry of Bullshit
Swansea
SA1 LOL

The first five replies will receive a signed T-shirt, with the caption: I met Mo...and he's a very nice man.

It's obvious the drop in fingering proficiency has much to do with this, the Americans carried on fingering throughout the nineties where in the UK we moved towards more technical matters such as tongue twisters and fisting.

We shouldn't probe too deep in to this matter, our delightful digital mastery once revered across the world can be achieved again but it will take a monumental change in attitude and training. A few schools round Lilleshall is not the answer, we need to allow our prospects to mature gradually without taking away their knuckle flair at too young an age.

The drop in STD and the increase in proficiency, planning and ability will reward the nation over the coming years, but we have to be patient.

Rome wasn't built in a day and a muff isn't probed over a Kit Kat, even though four fingers is much preferred by the bigger lady or gent size isn't everything, it's artistry and imagination that needs improving. The men at the top need to listen and listen quickly.
We are losing an art form through ignorance, we may be underground now but the gloves are off and the fingers are moving. It's time.

The best Jack in Texas. She doesn't post on this board. on 07:45 - Sep 10 with 1412 viewsMo_Wives

The best Jack in Texas. She doesn't post on this board. on 07:37 - Sep 10 by Loyal

It's obvious the drop in fingering proficiency has much to do with this, the Americans carried on fingering throughout the nineties where in the UK we moved towards more technical matters such as tongue twisters and fisting.

We shouldn't probe too deep in to this matter, our delightful digital mastery once revered across the world can be achieved again but it will take a monumental change in attitude and training. A few schools round Lilleshall is not the answer, we need to allow our prospects to mature gradually without taking away their knuckle flair at too young an age.

The drop in STD and the increase in proficiency, planning and ability will reward the nation over the coming years, but we have to be patient.

Rome wasn't built in a day and a muff isn't probed over a Kit Kat, even though four fingers is much preferred by the bigger lady or gent size isn't everything, it's artistry and imagination that needs improving. The men at the top need to listen and listen quickly.
We are losing an art form through ignorance, we may be underground now but the gloves are off and the fingers are moving. It's time.

A signed shirt is on it's way to you, Mr L.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

The best Jack in Texas. She doesn't post on this board. on 22:25 - Sep 10 with 1284 viewsLoyal

I thought we could have had some mileage out of this 😂

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024