Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why so obsessive with ex-players? 19:46 - Sep 9 with 4782 viewsDarran

So far today we've had threads about Allen,Flores,Shelvey and Williams.

Move on FFS you're like a pack of teenage girls.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 10:45 - Sep 10 with 1061 viewsN_T_J

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 10:10 - Sep 10 by Oldjack

Says the guy who hunts for autographs and pics with the stars warra a t*at

Nice one
Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 10:48 - Sep 10 with 1053 viewsmonmouth

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 23:27 - Sep 9 by Morganator100

Won't be long before we want Ashley Wiliams back !!!

Everton fans want him gone, saying he has ben a terrible signing. Getting slaughtered on twitter. Also no love for Siggy on there either.

Harry Perkins‏ @bagger50 7h
Sigurdsson can piss off back to Swansea with Williams as far as I'm concerned

Bateseyboy‏ @Bateseyboy 5h
Not seen many tweets from the Sigurdsson lovers? Another anonymous performance. £45m for a corner taker

Oh dear. His corners have always been terrible.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 10:57 - Sep 10 with 1036 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 10:10 - Sep 10 by Oldjack

Says the guy who hunts for autographs and pics with the stars warra a t*at

Innit Alan . The thread should be titled "why are some posters so obsessed with themselves?".

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 11:18 - Sep 10 with 1014 viewsAl_Bundy

Posters obsession with ex players is like the grown up's comfort blanket
Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 11:37 - Sep 10 with 995 viewsPrivate_Partz

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 08:37 - Sep 10 by Loyal

Ive always admired your local produce posts, even though it's seemingly impossible for the club to expose any decent players in the whole of South Wales, even though many other clubs have very good young Welsh players from Liverpool to Arsenal etc ...even fcking Norwich ! And I know for a fact that Kwame Ampadu was laughed at when he offered his son Ethan for evaluation. Now look at him ...

I personally believe that those who rely upon Huw and his Scottish scout and a bloke in Holland to uncover local talent need scrutiny. Believe me that's what we have alongside two more blokes in Wales. Fcking useless. That's so 1965. Recruitment team ? We don't have one, we employ agents even at reserve team level. I am aware there is no mentoring system in place for kids at the academy and we have little interest in enhancing talent by including an educational system with a playing mentality to improve ability. Other clubs have more about them and have scholarships linked to university's that encourage parents to choose away from Swansea. Ok we have something in place, but trust me it doesn't compare to WBA or even Leeds United. For me it isn't about there being no talent, it's about lazy knowledge and accepting Huws Scottish imports, none of whom are good enough or a few European signings from the 'fck me I've been binned by my club' website.

Overhaul this and we have something tangible, accept the norm and Huw continues in safe mode, in full control and suffocating the opportunitys to sign local lads. Yes we have a very good u23 and have signed some very decent players, but a new Alan Curtis or Robbie James is out there, and maybe in abundance, it's just a shame Huw is trusted completely to find them with a couple of other blokes who let's be honest have uncovered fck all in five years.

Edit - if we had anything about us half of these young Welsh players, even 75% should be Swansea City products regardless of their place of birth or parentage. This is where we should be doing our homework, but we haven't got it in us, Huw is too staid and thick and anything beyond the norm will terrify him as he doesn't understand fck all about impactive creativity, planning, strategy or gathering intel on kids and their availability at all levels. Where is the Swansea blueprint for local youth enhancement ? Where is the young, vibrant recruitment team with assessment ability and the ability to teach and coach ? We are premier league in name only because Huw can't understand scrutiny and evaluation or know how to communicate and digest information. If he did these guys below would be Swansea City products. Yeah, I'm fcking on one.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38004845
[Post edited 10 Sep 2017 8:58]

Excellent post and hidden amongst Darran having a stir. Start a new thread on it and give it pride of place..
I agree our recruitment and development are useless and our DOF is responsible for the whole shooting match.
Personally I think we could scrap the whole thing if we don't run it professionally. We still need a recruitment team to source the worldwide talent out there that the big boys are too lazy to search for.
I would prefer we have both of course but as long the Jenkinsbot is top of the pile it ain't going to happen.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 11:39 - Sep 10 with 990 viewslonglostjack

Damn. Just as I was about to start a Frank Nouble thread.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 12:02 - Sep 10 with 972 viewsjasper_T

WBA's youth setup is great, a mate of mine works at a primary school in their area and they've got armies of blokes in full kit out doing events with the kids.
Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 14:17 - Sep 10 with 938 views34dfgdf54

Darran, you tweeted Garry Monk's mrs and told her to send Garry your love. How you can start a thread like this is beyond me.

Few sandwiches short of a picnic be f*cked.
Login to get fewer ads

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 14:24 - Sep 10 with 929 viewsjack247

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 14:17 - Sep 10 by 34dfgdf54

Darran, you tweeted Garry Monk's mrs and told her to send Garry your love. How you can start a thread like this is beyond me.

Few sandwiches short of a picnic be f*cked.

He did what? Fùcking hell like
Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 14:53 - Sep 10 with 900 viewsDarran

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 14:24 - Sep 10 by jack247

He did what? Fùcking hell like

Know when I said last night you're not a loveable idiot?

I take it all back.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 15:39 - Sep 10 with 877 viewsicecoldjack

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 08:37 - Sep 10 by Loyal

Ive always admired your local produce posts, even though it's seemingly impossible for the club to expose any decent players in the whole of South Wales, even though many other clubs have very good young Welsh players from Liverpool to Arsenal etc ...even fcking Norwich ! And I know for a fact that Kwame Ampadu was laughed at when he offered his son Ethan for evaluation. Now look at him ...

I personally believe that those who rely upon Huw and his Scottish scout and a bloke in Holland to uncover local talent need scrutiny. Believe me that's what we have alongside two more blokes in Wales. Fcking useless. That's so 1965. Recruitment team ? We don't have one, we employ agents even at reserve team level. I am aware there is no mentoring system in place for kids at the academy and we have little interest in enhancing talent by including an educational system with a playing mentality to improve ability. Other clubs have more about them and have scholarships linked to university's that encourage parents to choose away from Swansea. Ok we have something in place, but trust me it doesn't compare to WBA or even Leeds United. For me it isn't about there being no talent, it's about lazy knowledge and accepting Huws Scottish imports, none of whom are good enough or a few European signings from the 'fck me I've been binned by my club' website.

Overhaul this and we have something tangible, accept the norm and Huw continues in safe mode, in full control and suffocating the opportunitys to sign local lads. Yes we have a very good u23 and have signed some very decent players, but a new Alan Curtis or Robbie James is out there, and maybe in abundance, it's just a shame Huw is trusted completely to find them with a couple of other blokes who let's be honest have uncovered fck all in five years.

Edit - if we had anything about us half of these young Welsh players, even 75% should be Swansea City products regardless of their place of birth or parentage. This is where we should be doing our homework, but we haven't got it in us, Huw is too staid and thick and anything beyond the norm will terrify him as he doesn't understand fck all about impactive creativity, planning, strategy or gathering intel on kids and their availability at all levels. Where is the Swansea blueprint for local youth enhancement ? Where is the young, vibrant recruitment team with assessment ability and the ability to teach and coach ? We are premier league in name only because Huw can't understand scrutiny and evaluation or know how to communicate and digest information. If he did these guys below would be Swansea City products. Yeah, I'm fcking on one.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38004845
[Post edited 10 Sep 2017 8:58]

Fantastic post Loyal.

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 22:24 - Sep 10 with 839 viewsLoyal

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 15:39 - Sep 10 by icecoldjack

Fantastic post Loyal.

I do loads of them 👍😂
But I meant it, the whole thing is a mess.
Kilkenny I'm with you, part of the way any way.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024