Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Siggy and Ben today. 19:50 - Sep 9 with 5891 viewslifelong

One was good the other wasn't.
Siggy and Ben today. on 20:04 - Sep 9 with 5011 viewsphact0rri

and funny there was just some sort of interview with Siggy where he said "everton snapped me up just as I am hitting my footballing peak".

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/11025884/everton-new-boy-gylfi-sigu

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Siggy and Ben today. on 20:13 - Sep 9 with 4962 viewsTheResurrection

Oh wow, you really do surprise me there Rog, did Ben really play that bad?

I mean it couldn't have been that posing dead ball tvvat, he's the best player ever to grace a football pitch and pro's like Koeman knew exactly what he was buying....

I saw on the other thread some of our fans STILL making excuses for him - didn't replace Lukaku...

He's FACKING SHIT!!!!!!!!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Siggy and Ben today. on 20:16 - Sep 9 with 4925 viewslifelong

Siggy and Ben today. on 20:13 - Sep 9 by TheResurrection

I mean it couldn't have been that posing dead ball tvvat, he's the best player ever to grace a football pitch and pro's like Koeman knew exactly what he was buying....

I saw on the other thread some of our fans STILL making excuses for him - didn't replace Lukaku...

I thought Ben was excellent, Siggy looked lost out there...Everton were woeful.
Siggy and Ben today. on 20:18 - Sep 9 with 4913 viewsjack2jack

So you don't rate Siggy then
Siggy and Ben today. on 20:19 - Sep 9 with 4907 viewsTheResurrection

Siggy and Ben today. on 20:16 - Sep 9 by lifelong

Well I have to say, and in total honesty.....

I'm not surprised

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Siggy and Ben today. on 20:19 - Sep 9 with 4905 viewspencoedjack

I guess that's aimed at me Chris ?

Not replacing a 20 plus goal scorer will be Everton's/Koemans downfall, keeping a pair of ageing centre halves wasn't great either

Spent a shite load of cash very poorly imo ... obviously you disagree
Siggy and Ben today. on 20:21 - Sep 9 with 4886 viewslifelong

Siggy and Ben today. on 20:19 - Sep 9 by TheResurrection

Well I have to say, and in total honesty.....

I'm not surprised

I didn't think you would be somehow.

Ashley Williams, apart from one decent block, had a very poor game.
Siggy and Ben today. on 20:22 - Sep 9 with 4883 viewsmonmouth

Siggy and Ben today. on 20:19 - Sep 9 by pencoedjack

I guess that's aimed at me Chris ?

Not replacing a 20 plus goal scorer will be Everton's/Koemans downfall, keeping a pair of ageing centre halves wasn't great either

Spent a shite load of cash very poorly imo ... obviously you disagree

I reckon he might think they certainly spent 45m pretty badly. It'll be interesting to see the first Everton forum thread saying the same. I reckon mid October at the latest. If not tonight.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Siggy and Ben today. on 20:23 - Sep 9 with 4879 viewsplasjack

Why worry about ex players, lets concentrate on the mighty swans.
Siggy and Ben today. on 20:27 - Sep 9 with 4851 viewslifelong

Siggy and Ben today. on 20:23 - Sep 9 by plasjack

Why worry about ex players, lets concentrate on the mighty swans.

Not worried about ex players in the slightest, just interested to see how they get on after leaving us for supposedly greener pastures.
Siggy and Ben today. on 20:28 - Sep 9 with 4840 viewspencoedjack

Siggy and Ben today. on 20:22 - Sep 9 by monmouth

I reckon he might think they certainly spent 45m pretty badly. It'll be interesting to see the first Everton forum thread saying the same. I reckon mid October at the latest. If not tonight.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/gylfi-sigurdsson.98417/page-47
Siggy and Ben today. on 20:34 - Sep 9 with 4793 viewsmonmouth

The Williams one is fun.

'Breast feeding must be taking it out of him'

Siggy and Ben today. on 20:38 - Sep 9 with 4773 viewsplasjack

Siggy and Ben today. on 20:34 - Sep 9 by monmouth

The Williams one is fun.

'Breast feeding must be taking it out of him'

Surely it must be bottle feeding.
Siggy and Ben today. on 20:40 - Sep 9 with 4756 viewsAguycalledJack

Don't think siggy will be as good for Everton as he was for us.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2017 20:40]
Siggy and Ben today. on 20:52 - Sep 9 with 4684 viewsploppy

Siggy and Ben today. on 20:40 - Sep 9 by AguycalledJack

Don't think siggy will be as good for Everton as he was for us.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2017 20:40]

Siggy was pretty anonymous today. By the end he wasn't even taking their set pieces. Spurs were very, very good and the scoreline didn't reflect their total domination. Ben had a very good game. Everton were woeful. Their fans are not at all happy with Koeman's team selection or tactics. He'll have a job fitting Rooney, Siggy and Klaassen into the same team and they're desperately lacking a striker. I suspect Ash will end up on the bench.
Siggy and Ben today. on 21:25 - Sep 9 with 4571 viewsjasper_T

Watching the game on Sky now. Imagine if we'd had a player like Davies at wingback at the Euros!
Siggy and Ben today. on 21:51 - Sep 9 with 4486 viewsTheResurrection

Siggy and Ben today. on 20:28 - Sep 9 by pencoedjack

That forum.

That thread....

What did I say about Everton now having the problem of Siggy...

Where do they play him? He's got no pace, he's like a statue, anonymous, does nothing in open play.... Oh and my favourite, even his set pieces are shit....

Now, seriously, where have you heard that before?

Siggy and Ben today. on 00:51 - Sep 10 with 4186 viewsLeonWasGod

Siggy didn't work well with Rooney - no surprise though as they both want to play in the same place. He'd have suited them more last year before Rooney arrived and Lukaku left.

Everton have spent shed loads but don't look to have a balanced team and lacked energy.
Siggy and Ben today. on 01:35 - Sep 10 with 4136 viewsjazzswan

Siggy and Ben today. on 08:26 - Sep 10 with 3932 viewsLoyal

As we have always agreed he was always going to be found out at another club, this was a money move for him and his ability was forever going to be questioned. On the front foot or as a part of a well motivated group like last season after January he was decent, but no more than Olson or Carroll. For me he may well be at his peak, but Everton fans won't be happy with him yesterday, he went completely missing which he did at times for us as well, but of course nobody wanted to know then. He was super Gylfi etc ... how dare anyone say differently.

We have done well out of Everton with two transfers, for me both Ash and Gylfi will be exposed again and again this season, Gylfi will sprinkle a bit of magic in there from time to time, but Everton's new 45 million revelation as so few jacks would admit is nothing more than a decent player who when the chips are down in a bigger side. Is anonymous, completely MIA.

They have made their beds at Goodison. Enjoy the sleep.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2017 8:26]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Siggy and Ben today. on 08:59 - Sep 10 with 3854 viewsTheResurrection

Siggy and Ben today. on 08:26 - Sep 10 by Loyal

As we have always agreed he was always going to be found out at another club, this was a money move for him and his ability was forever going to be questioned. On the front foot or as a part of a well motivated group like last season after January he was decent, but no more than Olson or Carroll. For me he may well be at his peak, but Everton fans won't be happy with him yesterday, he went completely missing which he did at times for us as well, but of course nobody wanted to know then. He was super Gylfi etc ... how dare anyone say differently.

We have done well out of Everton with two transfers, for me both Ash and Gylfi will be exposed again and again this season, Gylfi will sprinkle a bit of magic in there from time to time, but Everton's new 45 million revelation as so few jacks would admit is nothing more than a decent player who when the chips are down in a bigger side. Is anonymous, completely MIA.

They have made their beds at Goodison. Enjoy the sleep.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2017 8:26]

Bang on the money mate. Exactly right, every word.

Siggy and Ben today. on 09:04 - Sep 10 with 3836 viewsMattG

Siggy and Ben today. on 20:28 - Sep 9 by pencoedjack

Seems they also have another of our problems :

"How have we ended up with 4 attacking midfielders at the club but 1 left back?
mikeh72, Yesterday at 7:03 PM"
Siggy and Ben today. on 09:42 - Sep 10 with 3728 viewsDr_Winston

Ben Davies has kicked on very well at Spurs over the last couple of years. Have seen quite a few posts from Spurs fans in various places who prefer him to Rose even when Rose is fit.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Siggy and Ben today. on 09:52 - Sep 10 with 3692 viewsmonmouth

I'm quite interested in the splendid comment that they've got to play him in his best position and fit the team around him. Good luck with that, if they think his best position is the fabled 'number 10'. For me, his best position would be box to box, as he has the engine, lack of pace and weakness on the ball will always find him out in teams with inflated top six ideas though.

As loyal says, they'll get some MOTD highlight from him, with a shot, free kick or a first time pass that actually comes off, but 45m is absolutely beautiful highway robbery.

For me, he was actually a much better player in 2012. That stint at Spurs made him worse. Still, he did help dig us out of a few holes, so I've no real axe to grind. Can't help a bit of scadenfreude after the way both player and buying club behaved.

Siggy and Ben today. on 10:05 - Sep 10 with 3637 viewswhoflungdung

Can't understand the contempt for him considering he bailed us out two seasons on the trot.

Oh yes

As for now,I'm not in one cheek arsed and I really wish our fans would move the feck on.

I might as well go back to rubbishing the utterly inadequate nomarks that were de Vries and MG who along with Rotledge are the three biggest overated players in our history

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024