Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Owners Statement on Transfer Window 11:02 - Sep 10 with 6947 viewsMagic_Michu

Interesting statement from the Americans talking about the transfer window.

GLad to see them say that whilst they are happy with some deals nobody was satisfied with the window and there's more work to be done in January.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 11:13 - Sep 10 with 2671 viewsValerie

So who are they going to sell then ?

Apart from the £70m they spent to own the club which they can get back very easily 2 fold they have spent jack sh!te.

It's just more bull manure which they know the naive idiots will fall for.

They have still not stopped laughing how no legal action was taken over the sale of the club
no have the trust board who have taken a hugh sigh of relief skeletons have not come out of the cupboard. YET.

In time they will and the coonts will be proven worse than Petty.

I can not wait for that day.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2017 11:17]
Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 11:19 - Sep 10 with 2630 viewsWhiterockin

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 11:13 - Sep 10 by Valerie

So who are they going to sell then ?

Apart from the £70m they spent to own the club which they can get back very easily 2 fold they have spent jack sh!te.

It's just more bull manure which they know the naive idiots will fall for.

They have still not stopped laughing how no legal action was taken over the sale of the club
no have the trust board who have taken a hugh sigh of relief skeletons have not come out of the cupboard. YET.

In time they will and the coonts will be proven worse than Petty.

I can not wait for that day.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2017 11:17]

Why don't you accept the new board are doing a good job. They have not taken any money out of the club and are turning it around. By all means hold a grudge against the old board but in my opinion we are moving forward. How anyone could expect the new board to plough money in when they don't own the club 100% is beyond belief.
Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 11:34 - Sep 10 with 2576 viewsDarran

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 11:19 - Sep 10 by Whiterockin

Why don't you accept the new board are doing a good job. They have not taken any money out of the club and are turning it around. By all means hold a grudge against the old board but in my opinion we are moving forward. How anyone could expect the new board to plough money in when they don't own the club 100% is beyond belief.

Mate you're being sucked in. Yes we've made a great couple of signings recently but regardless of what these people say they're only here for one thing and that's to make a considerable profit on what they've paid for the club.
How do you seeing them doing it?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 11:37 - Sep 10 with 2564 viewsairedale

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 11:19 - Sep 10 by Whiterockin

And of course remembering that they are just employees of the club. Who puts their personal money into their employers' business?
Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 11:58 - Sep 10 with 2488 viewsUplandsJack

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 11:34 - Sep 10 by Darran

Mate you're being sucked in. Yes we've made a great couple of signings recently but regardless of what these people say they're only here for one thing and that's to make a considerable profit on what they've paid for the club.

Now I may be proved wrong in due course, but I'm starting to come round dial to the yanks.
Yes, we all are aware they are here to make money, but at least they are up front and honest about it. Unlike those sneaky, conniving coonts we had running the club before.
They are trimming the squad to bring the wage bill more in line with what we can afford and I think they will continue to try and offload the deadwood that Jenkins was happy to keep throwing 4 year contracts at. We will also hopefully continue to see quality rather than cheap quantity, (again another Jenkins preference).
I would now expect them to be going full steam ahead regards purchase of lease of stadium to a) generate more income from naming rights etc and b) make the club a more appealing purchase, which I believe they will begin the process of trying to flip the club for £175 - £200 million shortly there after. They will then move on to pastures new with a very healthy/substantial profit of their outlay.
As for us, well we will finally get £30+ million stashed away in the Trust account for that rainy day, if it's ever needed. As let's all be honest, the trust in there current form are nothing short of useless.
Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 12:04 - Sep 10 with 2463 viewspencoedjack

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 11:58 - Sep 10 by UplandsJack

Now I may be proved wrong in due course, but I'm starting to come round dial to the yanks.
Yes, we all are aware they are here to make money, but at least they are up front and honest about it. Unlike those sneaky, conniving coonts we had running the club before.
They are trimming the squad to bring the wage bill more in line with what we can afford and I think they will continue to try and offload the deadwood that Jenkins was happy to keep throwing 4 year contracts at. We will also hopefully continue to see quality rather than cheap quantity, (again another Jenkins preference).
I would now expect them to be going full steam ahead regards purchase of lease of stadium to a) generate more income from naming rights etc and b) make the club a more appealing purchase, which I believe they will begin the process of trying to flip the club for £175 - £200 million shortly there after. They will then move on to pastures new with a very healthy/substantial profit of their outlay.
As for us, well we will finally get £30+ million stashed away in the Trust account for that rainy day, if it's ever needed. As let's all be honest, the trust in there current form are nothing short of useless.

I thought the money the trust will receive is to be used to purchase the lease

The flipping of the club soon I agree with we will have no worthwhile assets come next season ( maybe Alf)
Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 12:05 - Sep 10 with 2454 viewsjack247

Of course they are.

By increasing its value and selling it. That's how people who buy and sell businesses make money. They aren't a massive scale Tony Petty.

I'm not sure this transfer window was as good as some are making out, as we hung on too long with Everton and didn't end up with any defensive cover. Let's drop all this asset stripping bollocks though.
Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 12:09 - Sep 10 with 2426 viewspencoedjack

Asset stripping bollocks ? Your kidding right ?

The jewels are sold I'd be amazed if they don't flip us next season
Login to get fewer ads

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 12:11 - Sep 10 with 2419 viewsUplandsJack

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 12:04 - Sep 10 by pencoedjack

I thought the money the trust will receive is to be used to purchase the lease

The flipping of the club soon I agree with we will have no worthwhile assets come next season ( maybe Alf)

Possibly so but the trust would still have 16% in share value and of course any money puto into lease purchase must surely be rewarded with any future sale of the club, well you'd like to think so anyway....
Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 12:13 - Sep 10 with 2409 viewsjack247

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 12:09 - Sep 10 by pencoedjack

No, I'm not kiddIng. You think they pocket the difference between our outgoing and incoming transfers?

I wouldn't be surprised if they flip us next season either. That's how they make their profit.
Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 12:15 - Sep 10 with 2400 viewsDarran

It remains to be seen what happens but I currently see no reason whatsoever to trust them.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 12:18 - Sep 10 with 2381 viewspencoedjack

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 12:13 - Sep 10 by jack247

No, I'm not kiddIng. You think they pocket the difference between our outgoing and incoming transfers?

I wouldn't be surprised if they flip us next season either. That's how they make their profit.

I think they have made a very decent profit since they have been here

I can't be arsed to argue those who can't see what's happening they are pretty naive imo
Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 12:19 - Sep 10 with 2375 viewsjack247

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 12:18 - Sep 10 by pencoedjack

I think they have made a very decent profit since they have been here

I can't be arsed to argue those who can't see what's happening they are pretty naive imo

I echo your last sentence entirely
Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 12:24 - Sep 10 with 2356 viewsWhiterockin

Possibly I am being "sucked in" but I don't think the new board are going to make their money by syphoning the money out of the club. When they took over, the club financially was in a terrible mess, I believe that slowly this is being turned around. They will make their money in a few years when they sell us on, not with money syphoned out but with us in the Premier League and in a sound financial position.
Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 12:26 - Sep 10 with 2341 viewspencoedjack

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 12:24 - Sep 10 by Whiterockin

Possibly I am being "sucked in" but I don't think the new board are going to make their money by syphoning the money out of the club. When they took over, the club financially was in a terrible mess, I believe that slowly this is being turned around. They will make their money in a few years when they sell us on, not with money syphoned out but with us in the Premier League and in a sound financial position.

Out of interest where do you think money will come from for transfers next season if they are still in charge ?
Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 12:33 - Sep 10 with 2312 viewsKennedy

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/message-owners

Just call me JFK

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 12:34 - Sep 10 with 2304 viewsDr_Winston

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 12:26 - Sep 10 by pencoedjack

Out of interest where do you think money will come from for transfers next season if they are still in charge ?

From the club's own income, which is as it always should be. If there's nothing to spend then so be it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 12:43 - Sep 10 with 2254 viewspencoedjack

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 12:34 - Sep 10 by Dr_Winston

From the club's own income, which is as it always should be. If there's nothing to spend then so be it.

Well with all the dead wood that has been cut from the club & the remaining money from Gylfi & Llorente sales we should be fine ....

Let's see if it happens you ( & others) are obviously far more trusting in American hedge funds than me
Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 12:49 - Sep 10 with 2220 viewsjack247

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 12:43 - Sep 10 by pencoedjack

Well with all the dead wood that has been cut from the club & the remaining money from Gylfi & Llorente sales we should be fine ....

Let's see if it happens you ( & others) are obviously far more trusting in American hedge funds than me

We certainly should be. They didn't have a great window, I'd have liked to see another right back and centre back in, but it was certainly an improvement on what we have been used to.

The problem is (potentially) going to come from the next owners, these guys are just here to tick us over and sell for a profit. They won't care who they sell to though.
Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 12:50 - Sep 10 with 2215 viewsDr_Winston

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 12:43 - Sep 10 by pencoedjack

It's not really a matter of trust. We know they're going to make a profit from the club. It's how they go about it.

I can't see how they'll make a better profit from the club by asset stripping it and selling it on as an emaciated husk as opposed to growing it and selling it on as a successful going concern in the Premier League when the next TV deal is in the offing. Logically their aims are the same as the supporters. The team needs to do well.

They aren't perfect. They have made mistakes, and the continued presence of the sellouts is one that they still are making. Otherwise things seem to be progressing on and off the pitch.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 12:51 - Sep 10 with 2213 viewswhoflungdung

It's impossible to trust anyone 100 per cent

If they make profit ,good for them, so long as new owners carry our club forward . People making money seems to cloud people s judgements.

I'm also not that bothered who owns our club, Dai Jones or Dalai Lama as long as we go forward.

We ve so much to do commercially and this is what grinds my teeth

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 12:56 - Sep 10 with 2187 viewspencoedjack

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 12:51 - Sep 10 by whoflungdung

It's impossible to trust anyone 100 per cent

If they make profit ,good for them, so long as new owners carry our club forward . People making money seems to cloud people s judgements.

I'm also not that bothered who owns our club, Dai Jones or Dalai Lama as long as we go forward.

We ve so much to do commercially and this is what grinds my teeth

I agree & maybe I think to much ..... next summer I worry who we will sell ( whoever owns the club) to enable us to progress Alf is the only possibility I see

Maybe loans are the way to move forward
Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 13:02 - Sep 10 with 2167 viewsWhiterockin

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 12:26 - Sep 10 by pencoedjack

This has been answered by Dr_Winston whilst I have been away. Exactly what I would have said.
Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 13:44 - Sep 10 with 2042 viewsTheResurrection

I know you're not the brightest spark on here but instead of asking a question why don't you give your opinion? Or doesn't your tiny little mind stretch that far?

Do you know what I know.... You're too timid to do that as you know what you'll say would be laughed out of town.

A simple tactic from a simple bloke.

Up your game FFS.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 13:56 - Sep 10 with 1993 viewsTheResurrection

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 12:09 - Sep 10 by pencoedjack

Mate stop talking shit. Players aren't jewels, they are expendable commodities that differ in value from one game to another.

Nobody saw Siggy and Llorente as 60m jewels last season.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024