Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Owners Statement on Transfer Window 11:02 - Sep 10 with 6946 viewsMagic_Michu

Interesting statement from the Americans talking about the transfer window.

GLad to see them say that whilst they are happy with some deals nobody was satisfied with the window and there's more work to be done in January.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 14:00 - Sep 10 with 2971 viewsDarran

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 13:44 - Sep 10 by TheResurrection

I know you're not the brightest spark on here but instead of asking a question why don't you give your opinion? Or doesn't your tiny little mind stretch that far?

Do you know what I know.... You're too timid to do that as you know what you'll say would be laughed out of town.

A simple tactic from a simple bloke.

Up your game FFS.

My opinion is theyll be hoping that we have a great season so they can get out with a profit asap.

They won't be spending money on an extension for the East stand because then they'd struggle to get their money back,once they've secured the lease/ownership of the stadium they'll be able to take out loans against it and it won't be long before they fuçk off.

What's to be laughed at doesn't everyone think that?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 14:01 - Sep 10 with 2968 viewsawayjack

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 12:09 - Sep 10 by pencoedjack

Asset stripping bollocks ? Your kidding right ?

The jewels are sold I'd be amazed if they don't flip us next season

I think we have to accept depite the zero investment, obvious selling of assets (players) already and plans to flip the club at huge profit next year, more and more of our 'fans' are believe the 'next level' bullshit. Naive, just daft or rose tinted whatever but sadly it's a large part of our new PL fan base now. When we're flipped again they'll be fine as long as they can watch ManU and Liverpool. No interest in long-term future of club.
Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 14:13 - Sep 10 with 2947 viewsjack247

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 14:01 - Sep 10 by awayjack

I think we have to accept depite the zero investment, obvious selling of assets (players) already and plans to flip the club at huge profit next year, more and more of our 'fans' are believe the 'next level' bullshit. Naive, just daft or rose tinted whatever but sadly it's a large part of our new PL fan base now. When we're flipped again they'll be fine as long as they can watch ManU and Liverpool. No interest in long-term future of club.

Christ almighty. Who is believing the next level bullshit? That was what the old board said to try and placate the fans as they laughed their way to the bank.

All these Americans have done, is seem an opportunity to buy us fairly cheaply, get us running more professionally and sell us at a profit. The more valuable we are (and players are assets), the more they will be able to sell their shares for and the more profit they will make. They aren't white knights, I don't think they have ever claimed to be.
Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 14:15 - Sep 10 with 2944 viewsDarran

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 14:13 - Sep 10 by jack247

Christ almighty. Who is believing the next level bullshit? That was what the old board said to try and placate the fans as they laughed their way to the bank.

All these Americans have done, is seem an opportunity to buy us fairly cheaply, get us running more professionally and sell us at a profit. The more valuable we are (and players are assets), the more they will be able to sell their shares for and the more profit they will make. They aren't white knights, I don't think they have ever claimed to be.

The Res?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 14:18 - Sep 10 with 2936 viewsTheResurrection

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 14:13 - Sep 10 by jack247

I know you have a propensity for jumping in without thinking too much but first of all, can you describe what a next level might have looked like 2 years ago?

Think before you type this time....

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 14:23 - Sep 10 with 2927 viewsjack247

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 14:15 - Sep 10 by Darran

The Res?

Unless I'm mistaken, he just thinks we have a better squad now Siggy and Llorente have gone. I agree with him.

If he expects the Americans to pump loads of money into us, fair enough, but I don't think he is anywhere near that thick.
Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 14:29 - Sep 10 with 2912 viewspencoedjack

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 13:56 - Sep 10 by TheResurrection

Mate stop talking shit. Players aren't jewels, they are expendable commodities that differ in value from one game to another.

Nobody saw Siggy and Llorente as 60m jewels last season.

It's not talking shit Chris whether you like them or not they were saleable assets

Next season we have none with the possibility of Alf

Anyway back to the beer enlighten me if you wish on the way forward ...
Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 14:30 - Sep 10 with 2909 viewsjack247

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 14:18 - Sep 10 by TheResurrection

I know you have a propensity for jumping in without thinking too much but first of all, can you describe what a next level might have looked like 2 years ago?

Think before you type this time....

Apologies Darran. He is that thick
Login to get fewer ads

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 14:36 - Sep 10 with 2894 viewsTheResurrection

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 14:30 - Sep 10 by jack247

Apologies Darran. He is that thick

Top man.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 14:39 - Sep 10 with 2888 viewsDr_Winston

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 14:29 - Sep 10 by pencoedjack

It's not talking shit Chris whether you like them or not they were saleable assets

Probably best to wait until next season before we decide what next season's assets are worth. How many people would have predicted a £10m profit on Llorente this time last year?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 14:40 - Sep 10 with 2886 viewsTheResurrection

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 14:29 - Sep 10 by pencoedjack

It's having a doomsday mindset on what is one of the most exciting games to look forward to in years

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 14:41 - Sep 10 with 2881 viewsWhiterockin

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 14:39 - Sep 10 by Dr_Winston

Probably best to wait until next season before we decide what next season's assets are worth. How many people would have predicted a £10m profit on Llorente this time last year?

Wouldn't say no to the same profit on Borja.
Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 14:59 - Sep 10 with 2850 viewsjack247

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 14:36 - Sep 10 by TheResurrection

Top man.

To answer your question sensibly, I wouldn't have expected it to involve relegation dogfights, Bob Bradley, smashing club records on strikers that were unfit for purpose, Huw Jenkins or Leigh Dineen.

I would have expected it to involve a manager like Paul Clement, a reversion back to a more attractive playing style and a more manageable income/spend ratio.

So there have certainly been positive steps, but we are a long way off where we were 4 or 5 years ago. All they are here to do is improve the way we are run and sell us on. As far as I'm aware they've never said anything else
Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 15:13 - Sep 10 with 2832 viewsShaky

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 12:34 - Sep 10 by Dr_Winston

From the club's own income, which is as it always should be. If there's nothing to spend then so be it.

Meanwhile back in the real world, based on available accounts the club has generated cumulative own profits of negative £19 million so far during its stint in the premier league.

Call the '15/16 season an aberration and pretend it never existed, and the cumulative total becomes a whopping £1.4 million of pre-tax profits to splash out on the squad over those 5 seasons.

How great is that?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 15:27 - Sep 10 with 2814 viewsTheResurrection

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 15:13 - Sep 10 by Shaky

Meanwhile back in the real world, based on available accounts the club has generated cumulative own profits of negative £19 million so far during its stint in the premier league.

Call the '15/16 season an aberration and pretend it never existed, and the cumulative total becomes a whopping £1.4 million of pre-tax profits to splash out on the squad over those 5 seasons.

How great is that?

Can you post up the yearly figures you talk of Shake?

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 15:35 - Sep 10 with 2805 viewsShaky

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 15:27 - Sep 10 by TheResurrection

Can you post up the yearly figures you talk of Shake?

Here ya go:

Misology -- It's a bitch

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 18:26 - Sep 10 with 2772 viewsValerie

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 11:19 - Sep 10 by Whiterockin

Why don't you accept the new board are doing a good job. They have not taken any money out of the club and are turning it around. By all means hold a grudge against the old board but in my opinion we are moving forward. How anyone could expect the new board to plough money in when they don't own the club 100% is beyond belief.

You know they have taken no money out of the club then do you?

The fact is you know nothing in what "consultancy fees" they have dished out to
People and companies directly related to them or dividends that have been and are about to be taken.

So since they only own 70% you think no real term investment should be made let alone them
Making £30m odd on transfers and selling all our goals .

We will all see what they are about when this time next season we are
Mid championship and they have doubled their money making scheme by pocketing the £120 million tv money and sold 2 or 3 more players.
Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 18:30 - Sep 10 with 2759 viewspencoedjack

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 14:40 - Sep 10 by TheResurrection

It's having a doomsday mindset on what is one of the most exciting games to look forward to in years

Yeah that went well
Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 18:37 - Sep 10 with 2737 viewsTheResurrection

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 18:26 - Sep 10 by Valerie

You know they have taken no money out of the club then do you?

The fact is you know nothing in what "consultancy fees" they have dished out to
People and companies directly related to them or dividends that have been and are about to be taken.

So since they only own 70% you think no real term investment should be made let alone them
Making £30m odd on transfers and selling all our goals .

We will all see what they are about when this time next season we are
Mid championship and they have doubled their money making scheme by pocketing the £120 million tv money and sold 2 or 3 more players.

First up, what do you do for work, it's clearly not in finance, let alone high finance?

Are you just chucking as much of your spunk at a wall and seeing how much sticks?

Or are you still reading the Magic Faraway Tree and have this totally unrealistic expectation that fairies own football club's on behalf of their supporters and only good can come of this?

Answer the above and we'll see where we get to...

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 18:55 - Sep 10 with 2694 viewsValerie

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 18:37 - Sep 10 by TheResurrection

First up, what do you do for work, it's clearly not in finance, let alone high finance?

Are you just chucking as much of your spunk at a wall and seeing how much sticks?

Or are you still reading the Magic Faraway Tree and have this totally unrealistic expectation that fairies own football club's on behalf of their supporters and only good can come of this?

Answer the above and we'll see where we get to...

Retired now but funny enough I did make my money in finance and enough to retire before I was 50.

So there you go again talking about something you know jack sh!te about.

Anyway we will all see how this ends in the next year or two and we will all
see who called it correctly.
Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 19:08 - Sep 10 with 2675 viewsShaky

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 18:55 - Sep 10 by Valerie

Retired now but funny enough I did make my money in finance and enough to retire before I was 50.

The key point though is that running the club well and seeking big profits from selling it on are not mutually exclusive.

Indeed the norm is that in order to sell on for big profits you MUST run it well.

That said there does seem to be a financing issue coming up within the next 12 months with the squad in need of substantial investment and the stadium purchase and expansion all on the cards.

How can this be financed from internally generated means, including player sales?

To me this looks like a circle that can not be squared without external financing.

Are the Trust on the case, asserting and protecting fans' long term interests in this key strategic matter? Don't hold your breath boys and girls.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 19:35 - Sep 10 with 2640 viewsQJumpingJack

A bit of a PR own goal by our owners.
They should have acknowledged the Trust in the article and updated on how they are working with the Trust board.
Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 19:41 - Sep 10 with 2626 viewspencoedjack

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 19:08 - Sep 10 by Shaky

The key point though is that running the club well and seeking big profits from selling it on are not mutually exclusive.

Indeed the norm is that in order to sell on for big profits you MUST run it well.

That said there does seem to be a financing issue coming up within the next 12 months with the squad in need of substantial investment and the stadium purchase and expansion all on the cards.

How can this be financed from internally generated means, including player sales?

To me this looks like a circle that can not be squared without external financing.

Are the Trust on the case, asserting and protecting fans' long term interests in this key strategic matter? Don't hold your breath boys and girls.

Saying what I said earlier but in a far better way.

Sand heads buried springs to mind
(No subject) (n/t) on 19:43 - Sep 10 with 2621 viewsTheResurrection

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 18:55 - Sep 10 by Valerie

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 19:44 - Sep 10 with 2617 viewsShaky

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 19:35 - Sep 10 by QJumpingJack

A bit of a PR own goal by our owners.
They should have acknowledged the Trust in the article and updated on how they are working with the Trust board.

LOL.

Reminds me of the old story about the generic politician who dies and is offered a choice between going to heaven and hell, and plumps for the latter after having partied the night away with his old mates, only to wake up in a wasteland; yesterday we were campaingning, today you voted!

Misology -- It's a bitch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024