Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Owners Statement on Transfer Window 11:02 - Sep 10 with 6942 viewsMagic_Michu

Interesting statement from the Americans talking about the transfer window.

GLad to see them say that whilst they are happy with some deals nobody was satisfied with the window and there's more work to be done in January.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 19:49 - Sep 10 with 1255 viewslondonlisa2001

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 19:08 - Sep 10 by Shaky

The key point though is that running the club well and seeking big profits from selling it on are not mutually exclusive.

Indeed the norm is that in order to sell on for big profits you MUST run it well.

That said there does seem to be a financing issue coming up within the next 12 months with the squad in need of substantial investment and the stadium purchase and expansion all on the cards.

How can this be financed from internally generated means, including player sales?

To me this looks like a circle that can not be squared without external financing.

Are the Trust on the case, asserting and protecting fans' long term interests in this key strategic matter? Don't hold your breath boys and girls.

Your figures don't include either the profit from the year ended 31 July 2017 (which Jenkins stated will show a profit in excess if £10m) and this year will, unless substantial investment is made in January, show a very large profit if you look at the profit generated in this window plus the enormous salary savings we have made.

They are gambling on this squad being good enough that the money can be saved in January and used on the stadium would be my guess, on today's showing, they may have to think again.
Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 19:53 - Sep 10 with 1252 viewsShaky

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 19:49 - Sep 10 by londonlisa2001

Your figures don't include either the profit from the year ended 31 July 2017 (which Jenkins stated will show a profit in excess if £10m) and this year will, unless substantial investment is made in January, show a very large profit if you look at the profit generated in this window plus the enormous salary savings we have made.

They are gambling on this squad being good enough that the money can be saved in January and used on the stadium would be my guess, on today's showing, they may have to think again.

Proftis are a lagging indicator of cash-flow though, particularly with the tendency to factor all player sales receipts.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 19:56 - Sep 10 with 1244 viewsShaky

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 19:53 - Sep 10 by Shaky

Proftis are a lagging indicator of cash-flow though, particularly with the tendency to factor all player sales receipts.

. . .and of course the balance sheet at the end of '16 was a horror show in need of substantial repair.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 20:01 - Sep 10 with 1231 viewslondonlisa2001

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 19:53 - Sep 10 by Shaky

I think, although from memory so not certain, that the Ayew money we factored last January was the first time we've done it. So the accounts that have not yet been published will show the cash flow as more positive unless we paid more upfront for the January signings than usual, in which case the cash flow doing forward will be better.

With the year just ended and the year we are 6 weeks into, I think both profit and cash flow will show big positives. The amount we have taken off the wage bill this summer is huge.

In my opinion, we have cut it too fine and not invested enough nearly into the squad. We'll see. But I suspect we are going to have to dig deep in January, when the market is a poor one for buyers.
Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 20:04 - Sep 10 with 1226 viewslondonlisa2001

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 19:56 - Sep 10 by Shaky

. . .and of course the balance sheet at the end of '16 was a horror show in need of substantial repair.

Remember though that the Sky payment that year came after our year end (received in August, although I don't disagree with the cleaning up that's happened since with Williams, Ayew, Gomis etc all off the books.
Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 02:40 - Sep 11 with 1144 viewsmajorraglan

I hadn't seen the owners statement until now, but I was listening to the Radio Wales match commentary this afternoon on my way to work. At half time they had an interview with HJ re the transfer window when he repeated the above. Don't have a link, but it may be something that those who are interested can find on the iPlayer.
Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 10:05 - Sep 11 with 1086 viewsShaky

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 20:04 - Sep 10 by londonlisa2001

Remember though that the Sky payment that year came after our year end (received in August, although I don't disagree with the cleaning up that's happened since with Williams, Ayew, Gomis etc all off the books.

That simply can't be right, Lisa.

If you look at the notes to the accounts there is no other possible explanation for the massive deferred income than a big chunk of the following season's TV money had been received.

The only alternative is that the club had somehow factored that too, but then taking deferred income as the matching credit for the cash would be tantamount to serious accounting fraud as I see it. (suggesting operating as opposed to non-operating financing)

No, the reality is that that at the end of '16 they were already dipping heavily into cash-flows properly attributed to '17.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 18:01 - Sep 11 with 1004 viewsDafyddHuw

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 14:13 - Sep 10 by jack247

Christ almighty. Who is believing the next level bullshit? That was what the old board said to try and placate the fans as they laughed their way to the bank.

All these Americans have done, is seem an opportunity to buy us fairly cheaply, get us running more professionally and sell us at a profit. The more valuable we are (and players are assets), the more they will be able to sell their shares for and the more profit they will make. They aren't white knights, I don't think they have ever claimed to be.

No, they didn't claim to be white knights.

But the devious fecks did say that their 3 priorities were

1 -players
2 - players
3 - players.
Login to get fewer ads

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 18:18 - Sep 11 with 998 viewswelshgit

Owners Statement on Transfer Window on 11:13 - Sep 10 by Valerie

So who are they going to sell then ?

Apart from the £70m they spent to own the club which they can get back very easily 2 fold they have spent jack sh!te.

It's just more bull manure which they know the naive idiots will fall for.

They have still not stopped laughing how no legal action was taken over the sale of the club
no have the trust board who have taken a hugh sigh of relief skeletons have not come out of the cupboard. YET.

In time they will and the coonts will be proven worse than Petty.

I can not wait for that day.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2017 11:17]

What did you expect from a pair of Wall St. hedge fund managers ?. Perhaps HJ should have got out more, althó he and the other former shareholders are probably happy with the return on the initial investment
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024