Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sanches will need time 16:57 - Sep 10 with 4533 viewsE20Jack

Sanches is going to need a bit of time.

Clearly low on confidence, second guessing himself all the time and then making a decision that was probably inbetween what his options were, and under hitting a pass. Also not match fit. The sharpness, or lack of, very noticeable. This is where Clement comes in and I think will tell him that he doesn't have to do anything spectacular every touch, keep it simple and surely the confidence will flow back after a few games

He has barely played in the last year however and has only been with the squad a few days plus the fact we must remember he is barely 19 years old. We need a few weeks patience with him and hope the fans don't get on his back due to the huge expectations on his shoulders, certainly looks like this will be a slow burner - but his quality is clear.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Sanches will need time on 16:58 - Sep 10 with 3565 viewsicecoldjack

Yes i think any sensible Swans fan will agree .
Sanches will need time on 16:59 - Sep 10 with 3555 views34dfgdf54

Agreed.

Can see the ability is there, I don't really think he should have been chucked straight in today. Like I said in the match thread, it makes a mockery of the Mesa excuses.
Sanches will need time on 17:03 - Sep 10 with 3532 viewsE20Jack

Sanches will need time on 16:59 - Sep 10 by 34dfgdf54

Agreed.

Can see the ability is there, I don't really think he should have been chucked straight in today. Like I said in the match thread, it makes a mockery of the Mesa excuses.

Yes I was surprised to see him start, just due to how little game time he has had.

Mesa on the other hand is clearly not as straight forward as easing him in - and the Res, once again, called that before anyone.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Sanches will need time on 17:38 - Sep 10 with 3441 views34dfgdf54

Sanches will need time on 17:03 - Sep 10 by E20Jack

Yes I was surprised to see him start, just due to how little game time he has had.

Mesa on the other hand is clearly not as straight forward as easing him in - and the Res, once again, called that before anyone.

The Mesa situation was clearly not straight forward. Obvious.
Sanches will need time on 17:41 - Sep 10 with 3430 viewsRancid

We couldn't not start our 2 marquees in Mesa and Sanches.What would the fans think?
Sanches will need time on 18:02 - Sep 10 with 3329 viewsChrisSCFC

Looked an absolute donkey needs to up his game & fast.
Sanches will need time on 18:03 - Sep 10 with 3315 viewsLeonWasGod

Is this the same res who said set pieces weren't important and Ayew and Routs were going to score shedloads by running in behind? 😂

The worry about Sanches, if you can call it that, is that he looks similar to what we've got. Without the options around him he can't do much. I still don't like the way we pack the midfield with similar players but lack width or a creative number 10 type.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2017 18:05]
Sanches will need time on 18:03 - Sep 10 with 3294 viewsLandore_Jack

Not at the races today.

#backtojack

Login to get fewer ads

Sanches will need time on 18:10 - Sep 10 with 3241 viewsPawelAbbott

Bayern should be paying us £6M to have him on loan.
If Clement can get him from that to anywhere near the level of his hype he will have worked a miracle
Sanches will need time on 18:13 - Sep 10 with 3212 viewsTom1912

I'm not sure if he was low on confidence-part of the problem seemed to be how over confident he was, repeatedly trying ridiculous things and getting caught out. Couldn't even do the basics right. I'm sure that's not a good showcase of what he's capable of but that was a truly dreadful performance. I blame Clement though, shouldn't have started him.
Sanches will need time on 18:14 - Sep 10 with 3205 viewsZZoric

agreed. mesa clearly has issues. lets hope he's not another baston who fails to get up to speed - both seem slow of thought n deed
Sanches will need time on 18:17 - Sep 10 with 3190 viewspencoedjack

At the end of the day international football is shite let's hope the boy wonder comes good

Chris Gunter looked quality in the euros
Sanches will need time on 19:00 - Sep 10 with 3051 viewsjasper_T

Wouldn't be surprised if he's got guaranteed game time as part of the loan deal.
Sanches will need time on 19:01 - Sep 10 with 3035 views34dfgdf54

Sanches will need time on 19:00 - Sep 10 by jasper_T

Wouldn't be surprised if he's got guaranteed game time as part of the loan deal.

That's the only explanation that is feasible for him starting today.
Sanches will need time on 19:04 - Sep 10 with 2989 viewsjackeinstein

Maybe mesa can get some game time with the 23s tomorrow to start acclimatising quicker 😁
Sanches will need time on 19:06 - Sep 10 with 2962 viewsrob

I was thinking the same thing.

I don't really understand how a professional footballer couldn't just get 'up to speed' in a game like that. It was hardly 100 miles an hour!
Sanches will need time on 19:10 - Sep 10 with 2942 viewsploppy

His performance today was Routledge-esque.
Sanches will need time on 20:34 - Sep 10 with 2800 viewsjack247

That wasn't a lack of confidence. Players that aren't sure of themselves don't start games in foreign countries after a couple of training sessions and certainly don't take free kicks on their debuts. If anything he looked overconfident at times.

Not sure if he was playing to orders not to lose possession, as he seemed to be beating the first man with ease but rarely seemed willing to run at the next man and make things happen. Ironically, that led to him losing possession more than driving at players would, as his passing was terrible.

Match fitness showed in the second half, when the game just started passing him by. I think that despite the Sunday league distribution, he showed enough to indicate he will be an asset.
Sanches will need time on 20:37 - Sep 10 with 2786 viewsCooperman

I was surprised to see him start.

Mesa has had almost a full pre season and cannot get a sniff and yet Sanches starts after barely 72 hrs with the squad.

Makes me wonder what programme the training of the last ten days have been based on.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Sanches will need time on 20:52 - Sep 10 with 2731 viewsJack_Meoff

Sanches will need time on 20:37 - Sep 10 by Cooperman

Mesa has had almost a full pre season and cannot get a sniff and yet Sanches starts after barely 72 hrs with the squad.

Makes me wonder what programme the training of the last ten days have been based on.

'Last of the Summer Wine' I'd guess on today's showing.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Sanches will need time on 20:54 - Sep 10 with 2712 viewsLandore_Jack

Sanches will need time on 20:37 - Sep 10 by Cooperman

Surprised to see him start as well. That performance today will hinder his confidence even further. He had two training sessions yet Clement thought he was worthy to start. Very surprised.

#backtojack

Sanches will need time on 20:58 - Sep 10 with 2694 views34dfgdf54

Sanches will need time on 20:34 - Sep 10 by jack247

That wasn't a lack of confidence. Players that aren't sure of themselves don't start games in foreign countries after a couple of training sessions and certainly don't take free kicks on their debuts. If anything he looked overconfident at times.

Not sure if he was playing to orders not to lose possession, as he seemed to be beating the first man with ease but rarely seemed willing to run at the next man and make things happen. Ironically, that led to him losing possession more than driving at players would, as his passing was terrible.

Match fitness showed in the second half, when the game just started passing him by. I think that despite the Sunday league distribution, he showed enough to indicate he will be an asset.

Agreed.

Though, his last ten minutes on the pitch, he didn't want the ball. Rabbit in the headlights who looked completely overwhelmed with what was going on. It's a big worry. Just can't see where goals are coming from, we are relying massively on his signing to bring us something different in midfield, a spark of some kind, he needs to improve 50 fold.
Sanches will need time on 21:04 - Sep 10 with 2673 viewsjack247

Sanches will need time on 20:58 - Sep 10 by 34dfgdf54

Agreed.

Though, his last ten minutes on the pitch, he didn't want the ball. Rabbit in the headlights who looked completely overwhelmed with what was going on. It's a big worry. Just can't see where goals are coming from, we are relying massively on his signing to bring us something different in midfield, a spark of some kind, he needs to improve 50 fold.

I think (hope) he was just knackered at that point. He certainly looked it. Whatever his shortcomings, he certainly showed for the ball a lot in the first half.

Do agree he will have to improve dramatically though. Think he needs a licence to run at players and certainly needs to up his match fitness and sharpness, some of his passing was awful.

I did notice we were using Naughton to bring the ball forward more then normal, presumably because they were on the same side. Newcastle noticed too and started doubling up or marking him tighter every time Naughton got the ball.
Sanches will need time on 21:28 - Sep 10 with 2592 viewsKilkennyjack

I thought Sanches looked full of confidence and potential.
Great first touch and very powerful.

Passing game was off today but thats game time.

I would play him further forward.
Looked creative and can get past people with ease.

He is 20.

Beware of the Risen People

Sanches will need time on 21:43 - Sep 10 with 2538 viewsploppy

I honestly don't see the point playing Sanches on the right side of a diamond. I think he'll end up at the head of the diamond when we play that system - which is what happened second half when he'd been swapped with Fer. Unfortunately, he ran out of steam in the second half due to being unfit, or at least not match fit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024