Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terrible result today 17:54 - Sep 10 with 3203 viewsSmellyplumz

Very very poor all over the park except for Fab. Headless against a team away from home that we should be competing against. Football was dire with very few chances created. F uck sake.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Terrible result today on 18:08 - Sep 10 with 3126 viewsdickythorpe

Too early to assess this team as we have not had time to gel.

There were some poor skill levels out there though. Not many think ahead out there at the moment.

Olsson made a 50 m run with the ball early on but no one was really in the box to cross to!!!
Terrible result today on 18:10 - Sep 10 with 3098 viewsSospan_Fach

Naughton did well. Deserves credit, posters were quick to criticise when he didn't play well last season.
Terrible result today on 18:12 - Sep 10 with 3073 viewsMagic_Michu

Terrible result today on 18:10 - Sep 10 by Sospan_Fach

Naughton did well. Deserves credit, posters were quick to criticise when he didn't play well last season.

I think Naughton was one of our worst players today!

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Terrible result today on 18:13 - Sep 10 with 3061 viewsSmellyplumz

Yeah sorry, I agree naught had a great game today. Poor result though as it could of been back to back wins with six points.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Terrible result today on 18:19 - Sep 10 with 3024 viewsSospan_Fach

Terrible result today on 18:13 - Sep 10 by Smellyplumz

Yeah sorry, I agree naught had a great game today. Poor result though as it could of been back to back wins with six points.

I would go as far as to say that instead of needing a new starting right back, we only need cover for that position now. I think Naughton did well at the end of last season and has started strongly this season. Resources need to be spent elsewhere now.
Terrible result today on 18:21 - Sep 10 with 3009 viewsawayjack

Terrible result today on 18:19 - Sep 10 by Sospan_Fach

I would go as far as to say that instead of needing a new starting right back, we only need cover for that position now. I think Naughton did well at the end of last season and has started strongly this season. Resources need to be spent elsewhere now.

Any form of creative MF players and pace that are so obviously missing.
Terrible result today on 18:33 - Sep 10 with 2937 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

He had it as comfortable as he could have hoped up until Atsu came on. And when Atsu did come on, he tore Naughton apart on numerous occasions with his movement.

Aside from that, Naughton lost possession relentlessly by booting it down the touchline as he does not possess the ability to hold the ball up and find a pass in field.

If you consider that performance doing well then we may as well settle for relegation now.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Terrible result today on 18:39 - Sep 10 with 2879 viewsLandore_Jack

Ayew played well today. MOTM.

#backtojack

Login to get fewer ads

Terrible result today on 21:39 - Sep 10 with 2661 viewsBirchgrovejack

I thought Naughton was terrible today. Kept passing backwards, at one point we had 9 men in there half and he passed to fabianski. He lost the ball god knows how many times too.
He looked better since clement came in, but today was not a good performance
Terrible result today on 21:42 - Sep 10 with 2645 views34dfgdf54

Terrible result today on 21:39 - Sep 10 by Birchgrovejack

I thought Naughton was terrible today. Kept passing backwards, at one point we had 9 men in there half and he passed to fabianski. He lost the ball god knows how many times too.

I thought he did ok. But considering how much we are relying on our left and right backs for width with the systems we are playing, I find it staggering we didn't strengthen in that area.
Terrible result today on 21:44 - Sep 10 with 2633 viewsBirchgrovejack

Terrible result today on 21:42 - Sep 10 by 34dfgdf54

I thought he did ok. But considering how much we are relying on our left and right backs for width with the systems we are playing, I find it staggering we didn't strengthen in that area.

I was baffled we didn't sign a RB. We look far better playing with 5 at the back as the fullbacks get forward more, Naughton has looked far better when we played that system IMO
Terrible result today on 21:44 - Sep 10 with 2633 viewsphact0rri

I do think our performance was pretty rough today... and I'd put it down to new people entering the training, the drama of the transfer window having both disrupted us and brought on this high sailing positivity around the camp.

I do think we'll come good, but maybe it'll be a bit growing pains. Upwards and onwards.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Terrible result today on 22:35 - Sep 10 with 2525 viewsSwanski

Terrible result today on 21:44 - Sep 10 by phact0rri

I do think our performance was pretty rough today... and I'd put it down to new people entering the training, the drama of the transfer window having both disrupted us and brought on this high sailing positivity around the camp.

I do think we'll come good, but maybe it'll be a bit growing pains. Upwards and onwards.

Too many passengers today. As much as I was excited about our transfers this year, when you look at it none can be expected to hit the season in full flight for various reasons and maybe we all got caught up on the hype. Bony and Sanchez come in on poor recent form. Tammy and roque no experience in PL and clucus only been at club a few weeks.

Also we traded our match winners and the only ones that can fill their shoes are renarto and wilf, who at this point aren't up to speed
Terrible result today on 22:47 - Sep 10 with 2496 viewsSTID2017

Terrible result today on 22:35 - Sep 10 by Swanski

Too many passengers today. As much as I was excited about our transfers this year, when you look at it none can be expected to hit the season in full flight for various reasons and maybe we all got caught up on the hype. Bony and Sanchez come in on poor recent form. Tammy and roque no experience in PL and clucus only been at club a few weeks.

Also we traded our match winners and the only ones that can fill their shoes are renarto and wilf, who at this point aren't up to speed

Wilf showed flashes of what we can expect, as did Sanches.
It'll come

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Terrible result today on 23:00 - Sep 10 with 2455 viewstrampie

Terrible result today on 21:39 - Sep 10 by Birchgrovejack

Naughton was about Swans best player on the day and that is not saying much, although he faded as the game went on.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Terrible result today on 23:03 - Sep 10 with 2446 viewshammy

Quite understandably a lot of negativity on here tonight. I'm as pi@@ed off as anyone, but we did have our chances to win, primarily Masson with the header in the first half and Tammy not lobbing over the defender into an otherwise open net.

Again, PCs tactical substitutions seemed odd and didn't really work. Let's hope he's learning from these mistakes.

Never mind, it's just Spurs at Wembley next up ;)

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Terrible result today on 23:05 - Sep 10 with 2437 viewsDJack

Terrible result today on 23:03 - Sep 10 by hammy

Quite understandably a lot of negativity on here tonight. I'm as pi@@ed off as anyone, but we did have our chances to win, primarily Masson with the header in the first half and Tammy not lobbing over the defender into an otherwise open net.

Again, PCs tactical substitutions seemed odd and didn't really work. Let's hope he's learning from these mistakes.

Never mind, it's just Spurs at Wembley next up ;)

Aye but the barcodes passed the ball about better than we did, they had many shots on goal and they often waltzed into our penalty area. A tad worrying.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Terrible result today on 00:29 - Sep 11 with 2330 viewsKerouac

Fab did have a good game but he was also at fault for the goal...as far as I'm concerned if a corner drops in the 6 yard box the keeper should be coming and punching/taking it.

Abraham had a poor game and that finish was uncharacteristically lazy/complacent. We should have been 1 up there.

Fer did ok, his through ball to Abraham is further proof that they are on the same wavelength.

Sanches was awful.

Clucas was poor.

Carroll is our best midfielder at the moment.

Our full-backs were not able to provide much width...if we are going to play with no wingers/no. 10s then we need to play with 3 at the back and encourage the full-backs to get forward...shame we didn't pick up Chico on a free and Arias as the right-wing-back

I think I'd like to see something like this;

---------------------- Fabianski -----------------------------
--------------------- Fernandez ----------------------------
------- Chico ------------------------ Mawson ------------
Naughton ---- Mesa ----- Carroll ------------- Olsson
--------Sanchez/Fer ---------------- Clucas -------------
------------------- Bony/Abraham -------------------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Terrible result today on 00:36 - Sep 11 with 2318 viewsMeraki

Terrible result today on 00:29 - Sep 11 by Kerouac

Fab did have a good game but he was also at fault for the goal...as far as I'm concerned if a corner drops in the 6 yard box the keeper should be coming and punching/taking it.

Abraham had a poor game and that finish was uncharacteristically lazy/complacent. We should have been 1 up there.

Fer did ok, his through ball to Abraham is further proof that they are on the same wavelength.

Sanches was awful.

Clucas was poor.

Carroll is our best midfielder at the moment.

Our full-backs were not able to provide much width...if we are going to play with no wingers/no. 10s then we need to play with 3 at the back and encourage the full-backs to get forward...shame we didn't pick up Chico on a free and Arias as the right-wing-back

I think I'd like to see something like this;

---------------------- Fabianski -----------------------------
--------------------- Fernandez ----------------------------
------- Chico ------------------------ Mawson ------------
Naughton ---- Mesa ----- Carroll ------------- Olsson
--------Sanchez/Fer ---------------- Clucas -------------
------------------- Bony/Abraham -------------------------

Agreed it was his ball all day, fab played well our midfield was embarrassing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024