Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did we miss an "old head" today? 18:13 - Sep 10 with 4250 viewsdickythorpe

Can't help think a fit Leon would have been key today in slowing down play and nurturing the new boys.
Don't think the Argy is vocal enough at this level to be a skipper.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2017 18:14]
Did we miss an "old head" today? on 12:31 - Sep 11 with 562 viewsA_Fans_Dad

How many players can you name that can actually do what Leon does as well as Leon does it when he is fit?
Even the muched loved Joe Allen isn't a Leon player, he is the AM that people want.
It is easy to say "get a replacement", but are there that many out there?
Did we miss an on 17:08 - Sep 11 with 485 viewstrampie

Did we miss an "old head" today? on 12:31 - Sep 11 by A_Fans_Dad

How many players can you name that can actually do what Leon does as well as Leon does it when he is fit?
Even the muched loved Joe Allen isn't a Leon player, he is the AM that people want.
It is easy to say "get a replacement", but are there that many out there?

Joe Allen has become versatile, he used to play as a deep sitting midfielder like Leon, but in recent years he has been capable of playing as an attacking midfielder if need be, he is a far better player than Leon, Joe would have played more Premier League games than old Leon has and for a top club for a few seasons also Allen has scored multiple goals, I don't think Leon has ever scored a Premier League goal ?
[Post edited 11 Sep 2017 17:09]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Did we miss an on 17:13 - Sep 11 with 476 viewsjacabertawe

Did we miss an on 17:08 - Sep 11 by trampie

Joe Allen has become versatile, he used to play as a deep sitting midfielder like Leon, but in recent years he has been capable of playing as an attacking midfielder if need be, he is a far better player than Leon, Joe would have played more Premier League games than old Leon has and for a top club for a few seasons also Allen has scored multiple goals, I don't think Leon has ever scored a Premier League goal ?
[Post edited 11 Sep 2017 17:09]

Codswollop. Chalk and cheese.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Did we miss an "old head" today? on 17:19 - Sep 11 with 464 viewstrampie

Joe Allen would have been a huge asset if he had comeback to the Swans, there was talk of it as well, no fear of him not settling in, how much more than that Mesa bloke would he have been ? or Clucas come to that ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Did we miss an "old head" today? on 21:45 - Sep 11 with 425 viewsSPboy

Anyone who thinks Leon is the answer to our current problems is just clutching at straws. Not even he can pull us out of this mess.

The problems are in the other half of the field. We have too many players who are only comfortable passing the ball 5-10 yards sideways. We have no pace. We have no creativity. We have no set piece takers. We have no-one capable of getting a decent shot on target from outside the box.

Our recruitment for whatever reason has attracted too many players of the same style - Ki, Mesa, Carroll, Clucas, Fulton - all comfortable passing the ball back & forth to the centre backs & full backs. All of whom lack any real pace or urgency. All nice, tidy footballers just so long as you don't expect them to get across the half way line and actually create anything. It's going to be a long season & we ain't going to score enough goals
Did we miss an "old head" today? on 21:55 - Sep 11 with 412 viewsSgorioFruit

If Leon is fit, then he has to be played.

End of conversation

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Did we miss an "old head" today? on 21:57 - Sep 11 with 406 views34dfgdf54

Did we miss an "old head" today? on 21:55 - Sep 11 by SgorioFruit

End of conversation

I love Leon, if I had my way the statue would be up already, but was you at the Southampton game?

His legs can't do a full season. We can't keep relying on him.
Did we miss an "old head" today? on 00:12 - Sep 12 with 375 viewsmajorraglan

Did we miss an "old head" today? on 21:55 - Sep 11 by SgorioFruit

End of conversation

Leon is a Swans legend and has served the club very well for a long time and over the years he has been a significant factor in the clubs success. He is 35 in the next week and for a Premier League midfielder that is getting on. Not sure if it's accurate, but Wikipedia states he played 18 games last season. I think Leon's days as a starting 11 player are numbered and there doesn't seem to be an heir apparent - could be a long old season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024