Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did we miss an "old head" today? 18:13 - Sep 10 with 4251 viewsdickythorpe

Can't help think a fit Leon would have been key today in slowing down play and nurturing the new boys.
Don't think the Argy is vocal enough at this level to be a skipper.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2017 18:14]
Did we miss an "old head" today? on 18:21 - Sep 10 with 3665 views34dfgdf54

It's even more worrying if we are still relying on Leon to save the day.
Did we miss an "old head" today? on 18:23 - Sep 10 with 3650 viewsdickythorpe

Did we miss an "old head" today? on 18:21 - Sep 10 by 34dfgdf54

It's even more worrying if we are still relying on Leon to save the day.

Those that are supposed to replace him need to really step up.
Did we miss an "old head" today? on 18:26 - Sep 10 with 3629 viewsSenhin

I thought Bony was supposed to be pushing 80?

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Did we miss an "old head" today? on 18:27 - Sep 10 with 3626 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

£27,000,000 on two defensive midfielders who you could argue offer less than Britton who should have been out of the first team at least two seasons ago. Appalling.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Did we miss an "old head" today? on 18:28 - Sep 10 with 3610 viewsItchySphincter

Last thing we need is to slow the game down.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Did we miss an "old head" today? on 18:30 - Sep 10 with 3586 viewsicecoldjack

I did think the same. Think Sanches could really improve with an old head around to take a bit of pressure off.

Problem is that we should have progressed fromxleon years ago, these will be the days we come to regret correct recruitment of players . Leon can't hang around for ever and his powers are on the wane .

Seeing us get bosses by a poor Newcastle team gives me great worry for the season ahead. I'm normally one who gives it the standard 10 games but I think it's clear to see we lack quality. When we sign players like clucas but have mesa on the bench you know something aintnquite right with how we do our business
Did we miss an "old head" today? on 18:33 - Sep 10 with 3556 viewstrampie

Swans need a creative midfielder.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Did we miss an "old head" today? on 18:34 - Sep 10 with 3548 viewsZZoric

yes, great thread

Bony should start; Leon when fit shld always start to establish tempo and control - with clucas alongside to maintain that same level of control when Leon makes way
Login to get fewer ads

Did we miss an "old head" today? on 18:35 - Sep 10 with 3547 viewsSmellyplumz

Did we miss an "old head" today? on 18:33 - Sep 10 by trampie

Swans need a creative midfielder.

Sign siggy back in two seasons.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Did we miss an "old head" today? on 18:36 - Sep 10 with 3531 viewstheloneranger

Did we miss an "old head" today? on 18:30 - Sep 10 by icecoldjack

I did think the same. Think Sanches could really improve with an old head around to take a bit of pressure off.

Problem is that we should have progressed fromxleon years ago, these will be the days we come to regret correct recruitment of players . Leon can't hang around for ever and his powers are on the wane .

Seeing us get bosses by a poor Newcastle team gives me great worry for the season ahead. I'm normally one who gives it the standard 10 games but I think it's clear to see we lack quality. When we sign players like clucas but have mesa on the bench you know something aintnquite right with how we do our business

Something definitely ain't right!!

This is not a slight on Sanches,but he doesn't arrive here until Friday.... he's had no game time other than the U21's for Portugal. He's in a new country, new league and new teammates, he's not match fit and his confidence is shot, but doesn't need time to acclimatize!!

Mesa goes on pre season tour to USA, pre season games in UK and with his team mates for weeks. New league and new country, but he needs time to acclimatize.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Did we miss an "old head" today? on 18:47 - Sep 10 with 3486 viewsZZoric

Did we miss an "old head" today? on 18:36 - Sep 10 by theloneranger

Something definitely ain't right!!

This is not a slight on Sanches,but he doesn't arrive here until Friday.... he's had no game time other than the U21's for Portugal. He's in a new country, new league and new teammates, he's not match fit and his confidence is shot, but doesn't need time to acclimatize!!

Mesa goes on pre season tour to USA, pre season games in UK and with his team mates for weeks. New league and new country, but he needs time to acclimatize.

so, why do u think mesa isnt playing ?
Did we miss an "old head" today? on 18:50 - Sep 10 with 3468 viewstheloneranger

Did we miss an "old head" today? on 18:47 - Sep 10 by ZZoric

so, why do u think mesa isnt playing ?

Only Paul Clement's and Mesa know the answer to that question

It's just very strange

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Did we miss an "old head" today? on 18:57 - Sep 10 with 3432 viewsMagic_Michu

Slowing down play!?!

We couldn't have played any slower. We were so pedestrian with our play, I would have been pulling my hair out if I had any!

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Did we miss an "old head" today? on 19:08 - Sep 10 with 3394 viewstrampie

Did we miss an "old head" today? on 18:50 - Sep 10 by theloneranger

Only Paul Clement's and Mesa know the answer to that question

It's just very strange

They all play in the same position scuttling about in front of the back 4, we need a creative attacking midfielder that can pick a pass, take a shot, support the forwards in the box, those type of players have quality and no doubt will be able to take a free kick on the edge of the area, we don't need anymore players that pass sideways.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Did we miss an "old head" today? on 21:43 - Sep 10 with 3303 viewsjasfan

Did we miss an "old head" today? on 19:08 - Sep 10 by trampie

They all play in the same position scuttling about in front of the back 4, we need a creative attacking midfielder that can pick a pass, take a shot, support the forwards in the box, those type of players have quality and no doubt will be able to take a free kick on the edge of the area, we don't need anymore players that pass sideways.

I think Nacer Chadli would have been ideal for that AM role but the price quoted was too high for us.
Did we miss an "old head" today? on 21:53 - Sep 10 with 3280 viewsploppy

I don't think Leon does slow down the play. He takes very few touches - takes it and gives it. If anything he speeds it up. Or at least keeps it ticking over. What Leon does, which no-one else seems to be able to do consistently, is make himself available for an easy pass and find someone else in a white shirt.
Did we miss an "old head" today? on 22:01 - Sep 10 with 3259 viewsmonmouth

Did we miss an "old head" today? on 18:27 - Sep 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

£27,000,000 on two defensive midfielders who you could argue offer less than Britton who should have been out of the first team at least two seasons ago. Appalling.

I don't think we know what Mesa offers, but if it's not more than we saw on that pitch today, and the same goes for those out there, then we are doomed.

I've just written it off in my head as one of those things. We need to regroup, and Clement needs to sort his shit out. Come back next time and show that we have more to offer.

I think we will get our act together, but the opening four games, despite four points, have been pretty underwhelming, in fact pretty much awful.

Oh well, it's only Spurs. On a nice big pitch. At least the expectation will be less.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Did we miss an "old head" today? on 22:07 - Sep 10 with 3244 viewsjasfan

Did we miss an "old head" today? on 21:53 - Sep 10 by ploppy

I don't think Leon does slow down the play. He takes very few touches - takes it and gives it. If anything he speeds it up. Or at least keeps it ticking over. What Leon does, which no-one else seems to be able to do consistently, is make himself available for an easy pass and find someone else in a white shirt.

Absolutely. And that contribution helps dictate the tempo of our game whether that is to quicken or slow it depending on the circumstances. By making himself available he takes the pressure of the full backs and centre halves, enabling them to be more confident on the ball. It seems simple but we are yet to find his replacement, unless Mesa can do it.
Did we miss an "old head" today? on 22:22 - Sep 10 with 3217 viewsdobjack2

Did we miss an "old head" today? on 21:43 - Sep 10 by jasfan

I think Nacer Chadli would have been ideal for that AM role but the price quoted was too high for us.

It might be a lot fecking more in January
Did we miss an "old head" today? on 22:48 - Sep 10 with 3175 viewsSTID2017

Leon is so last season.
We need new blood

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Did we miss an "old head" today? on 10:50 - Sep 11 with 3057 viewsBillyChong

Did we miss an "old head" today? on 19:08 - Sep 10 by trampie

Spot on
Did we miss an "old head" today? on 10:53 - Sep 11 with 3050 views34dfgdf54

Did we miss an "old head" today? on 21:53 - Sep 10 by ploppy

That's my view on Leon also, always available, screens the defence and keeps us ticking.

What I will say though is that it is an absolute disgrace if we still need to rely on Leon to save our skin this season yet again. How many transfer windows has Huw had in charge again?
Did we miss an "old head" today? on 11:01 - Sep 11 with 3039 viewsDafyddHuw

Did we miss an "old head" today? on 18:30 - Sep 10 by icecoldjack

In my opinion Newcastle were far from a poor team. They were organised, they all knew their jobs, they had a tight defence, they counter-attacked at speed, they were hungry for the ball. You have to be pretty one-eyed to think they were poor.

Why does it take us 25 passes to get to the half-way line? B y which time the oppostion defence is sorted.

As someone said, we need an attacking midfielder. We had an excellent one, but we sold him. Never mind, we used th emoney to buy Clucas. Yanks will be happy, that's a profit.
Did we miss an "old head" today? on 11:10 - Sep 11 with 3016 viewswhoflungdung

We ve had plenty of time replace Leon.

That we haven't shows how inept we are at sourcing players

We re buying players then deeming them not good enough

Can't work that out

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Did we miss an "old head" today? on 12:02 - Sep 11 with 2963 viewsBrynCartwright

Did we miss an "old head" today? on 11:10 - Sep 11 by whoflungdung

We ve had plenty of time replace Leon.

That we haven't shows how inept we are at sourcing players

We re buying players then deeming them not good enough

Can't work that out

On pre season showing I thought Mesa may have the qualities to take over the Leon mantle. Quick passing, retain possession, make yourself available, high work rate kind of play. Just hope it happens, but he needs to play first.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024