Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roca Mesa 19:00 - Sep 10 with 5047 viewsdazdec197296

Hope he isn't going to be this seasons Borja Baston.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2017 19:01]
Roca Mesa on 23:12 - Sep 10 with 1576 viewsjasfan

Roca Mesa on 23:07 - Sep 10 by trampie

Mesa doesn't score, Swans are full of midfielders that don't have a goal in them, Fer should be the last one to pull off if you need to create or score a goal comparing him to other Swansea midfielders in that context.

Swansea never signed are replacement for Gylfi, they never signed a creative midfielder like Chadli the signs are not good at this early stage.

Carroll, Fer, Fulton, Ki, Sanches, Britton, Clucas and Mesa. You're right - not many goals in the eight midfielders in our squad. I'm sure there's a recruitment plan somewhere.

Maybe the wingers could compensate. Dyer, Narsingh and Routledge. Maybe not.
Roca Mesa on 23:20 - Sep 10 with 1546 viewstrampie

Roca Mesa on 23:12 - Sep 10 by jasfan

Carroll, Fer, Fulton, Ki, Sanches, Britton, Clucas and Mesa. You're right - not many goals in the eight midfielders in our squad. I'm sure there's a recruitment plan somewhere.

Maybe the wingers could compensate. Dyer, Narsingh and Routledge. Maybe not.

He did not put Narsingh on till 5 mins to go.

Apart from Bony, Abraham and Mawson there are not many goals in the team, very few in midfield, but this was a know, Swans so far this season resemble Boro of last season.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Roca Mesa on 00:05 - Sep 11 with 1493 viewsMeraki

Roca Mesa on 23:20 - Sep 10 by trampie

Apart from Bony, Abraham and Mawson there are not many goals in the team, very few in midfield, but this was a know, Swans so far this season resemble Boro of last season.

Sanches was terrible
Roca Mesa on 14:15 - Sep 11 with 1378 viewsawayjack

Yup the PR was we how our new signings would have to replace the 60% or so of goals / assists last from Siggy / Llornete, with midfielders chipping in a lot more. The midfielders and wingers you listed be lucky to have 10 goals between them, so it's down to Tammy and Bony getting 35+ goals between them? That's one hell of a plan to replace our goals?
Roca Mesa on 14:19 - Sep 11 with 1371 viewsJFSwan

Apparently one of the best la liga centre mids outside of Barca / Real.

A passing master. Destined for Atletico if it wasn't for their transfer ban.

I really want to see him do the Leon role just in front of the center backs.
Im praying hes not a Borja mk2, he didnt look bad against Utd ?
Roca Mesa on 14:31 - Sep 11 with 1359 views34dfgdf54

Roca Mesa on 14:19 - Sep 11 by JFSwan

Apparently one of the best la liga centre mids outside of Barca / Real.

A passing master. Destined for Atletico if it wasn't for their transfer ban.

I really want to see him do the Leon role just in front of the center backs.
Im praying hes not a Borja mk2, he didnt look bad against Utd ?

That game against United was against probably the strongest midfield in the league also.

I think he needs a run of games.
Roca Mesa on 14:46 - Sep 11 with 1324 viewswhoflungdung

He wasn't and it looks like he s got real desire.

If he was brought in against clem s wishes then he should have resigned

We can't afford spending millions then deeming them not good enough to even have ten mins on field.

Narsingh as bad as any signing we ve made

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Roca Mesa on 15:02 - Sep 11 with 1293 viewsicecoldjack

Roca Mesa on 14:31 - Sep 11 by 34dfgdf54

That game against United was against probably the strongest midfield in the league also.

I think he needs a run of games.

Mesa played well enough against Man utd. He was going to come on to the field against Newcastle so perhaps he isn't that far off from getting a run in the team.

If Clucas isn't a defensive midfielder by trade then i do wonder about the wisdom of his selection against Newcastle, people say he played well against Palace but the harsh reality is that Palace were so inept the game was easy for him, they were worse than us and thats really saying something!

I'm sure Mesa will get his chance real soon, no better time than next game, a few on Saturday were off the boil so no problem in dropping a few players .

Mesa apparently stayed behind on the international break to work in his own time ..
" Mesa revealed he would not be returning home during the international break: "No, I cannot do that, my duty is to be here in Wales working and acclimatising to this new environment with every minute important.

"This is an important step that I have taken with my family and I want to be adjusted to life here as quickly as possible."

He has employed a language tutor and is trying to adapt to life here, nothing will help that more than him getting some minutes on the pitch and contributing, i hope Clement is smart enough to see it, it took him a while to be convinced by Leon Britton too so he's not perfect as a manager and he'll be first to admit that.
Login to get fewer ads

Roca Mesa on 15:04 - Sep 11 with 1287 viewsA_Fans_Dad

You seem to have frogotten Fer, he scored 6 last season and 2 in the Cup this season.
He has goals in him, but not if he is playing defensively, he needs to be in or around the Penalty Area to do so.
Roca Mesa on 15:14 - Sep 11 with 1273 viewsVetchfielder

It was a surprise by us all in the pub before the match that Sanches had been chosen but even accepting that, it was still evident by half time that this wasn't working for him. For me, Mesa would have been the ideal replacement for him.
From the East, I was watching the bench a lot in the second half and Mesa wasn't being warming up by Clement at all - it was Bony, Routledge and Narsingh who given a couple of runs half way through the second half.
Mesa understandably looked dejected - slumped, legs out with his arms folded obviously realising he wasn't going to be brought on.

Proud to have been one of the 231

Roca Mesa on 15:22 - Sep 11 with 1262 viewsjasper_T

Roca Mesa on 14:46 - Sep 11 by whoflungdung

He wasn't and it looks like he s got real desire.

If he was brought in against clem s wishes then he should have resigned

We can't afford spending millions then deeming them not good enough to even have ten mins on field.

Narsingh as bad as any signing we ve made

Yeah all the best managers throw their toys out of the pram whenever something doesn't go their way. That's just what we want.
Roca Mesa on 16:46 - Sep 11 with 1180 viewstrampie

Roca Mesa on 15:04 - Sep 11 by A_Fans_Dad

You seem to have frogotten Fer, he scored 6 last season and 2 in the Cup this season.
He has goals in him, but not if he is playing defensively, he needs to be in or around the Penalty Area to do so.

Not at all, I have said if Bony and Sanches don't fire (last day signings) then Abraham and Fer will have to have good seasons.
I have also said that the only ones in the squad that can play an attacking midfielder roll as we did not replace Siggy is Fer and Ki and we did play Fer in that position.

PS I also said on this very thread that Fer is the last one that should be pulled off out of our midfielders if we want somebody to create or score a goal.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2017 16:51]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Roca Mesa on 16:59 - Sep 11 with 1157 viewsgrampajack

Roca Mesa on 22:22 - Sep 10 by nantywatcher

I've been told that the club are massively disappointed in Mesa as a signing and he still has not adapted to EPL how they expected him to.

Can they have their money back then? , He needs to play!
[Post edited 11 Sep 2017 17:05]
Roca Mesa on 17:25 - Sep 11 with 1119 viewstheloneranger

Roca Mesa on 16:59 - Sep 11 by grampajack

Can they have their money back then? , He needs to play!
[Post edited 11 Sep 2017 17:05]

We could be in Leicester's predicament. Signed Siva from Sporting, but paperwork is 14 secs late.

Fifa say player's not registered, and Sporting Lisbon say we've banked your £22m he's your player.

Where I've got no sympathy for Leicester for not having a get out clause, Fifa have now told Silva that he can't even train with his Leicester teammates until January, and he can't go back to Sporting Lisbon because he's not their player.

So he's out of football until January unless he's chosen to play by Portugal.....and we think we've got problems with our new Spanish signing!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Roca Mesa on 18:02 - Sep 11 with 1089 viewsJacket

You'd have thought we'd have learned our lesson re signing players the manager hasn't asked for, Tabanou, Borja and now Mesa. If the manager won't play him, it matters not one jott what Goldenbollocks, Leadworse say.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024