Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sanches lost the ball 23 times today 19:03 - Sep 10 with 11879 viewsTom1912

That takes some doing in a 68 minute performance.
Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 22:12 - Sep 10 with 4153 viewsploppy

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 21:55 - Sep 10 by Martyrman57

If Sanches was dreadful then what word best described Carroll today ?

Frustrating. How many times did he pass the ball backwards?
Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 22:14 - Sep 10 with 4149 viewsdameedna

It has been a while now would have thought Mesa could have started. Anyway i thought Sanches showed naivety and will need to fight for his place. Looks like Clement dropped a bow lock. Newcastle looked sharp and played well.
Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 22:15 - Sep 10 with 4134 viewsDarran

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 21:51 - Sep 10 by 3swan

Your memory isn't that bad. It was a poor performance ( he shouldn't have started) but it was the Premier league, we've had many players over the years who have had a worse debut performance.

In the Prem for us?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 22:22 - Sep 10 with 4108 viewsjasper_T

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 21:55 - Sep 10 by Martyrman57

If Sanches was dreadful then what word best described Carroll today ?

Decent. Responsible in possession, got a chance for himself, one of our better players today.

Criticising his backwards passing ignores how few options he had in front of him. Fer at 10 didn't work, Abraham was (fairly) manhandled out of the game, Clucas was hiding, Renato...

Newcastle sat off, let us have the ball deep, and we had no coherent plan on how to break them down apart from the early game "give it to Renato and Naughton" scheme where Kyle (who had another decent game for him) was expected to dribble through 2 or 3 on his own to make chances.
Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 22:25 - Sep 10 with 4098 viewsCooperman

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 21:52 - Sep 10 by whoflungdung

He should not have started .

Mesa not starting is be ominous sinister

Why do we buy players for big money then deem them not good enough .

The Mesa situation has me scratching my brow.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 22:55 - Sep 10 with 4045 viewsSwanski

Apart from fab and ayew the rest of the team were below par. Was disappointed with Sanchez but probably should have been used as impact player off the bench so I think more error from clem. He's still just a kid who arrived to foreign country a few weeks ago. New to team and PL.
Seemed down on confidence. His game is there and saw glimpses of that but needs time. Stick with him.
Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 23:00 - Sep 10 with 4032 viewsphact0rri

Though to be fair he probably played more minutes than he had training with us...

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 23:00 - Sep 10 with 4031 viewsDJack

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 22:55 - Sep 10 by Swanski

Apart from fab and ayew the rest of the team were below par. Was disappointed with Sanchez but probably should have been used as impact player off the bench so I think more error from clem. He's still just a kid who arrived to foreign country a few weeks ago. New to team and PL.
Seemed down on confidence. His game is there and saw glimpses of that but needs time. Stick with him.

I thought that Wilf looked dynamic in his cameo...that said he will still need service.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Login to get fewer ads

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 00:16 - Sep 11 with 3963 viewsEasternJack

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 22:12 - Sep 10 by ploppy

Frustrating. How many times did he pass the ball backwards?

Carroll was channelling John Cornforth today. What's happened to him?

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 06:16 - Sep 11 with 3879 views34dfgdf54

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 00:16 - Sep 11 by EasternJack

Carroll was channelling John Cornforth today. What's happened to him?

Few decent games here and there but massively overrated on here in my opinion.
Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 09:27 - Sep 11 with 3748 viewswestwalesed

I'm very worried that he may have some sort of "guaranteed to start clause" in the loan agreement.

It would explain the comments from Bayern, Sanches and Clem all saying "he needs to play, we want him to play, I want to play" etc etc and perhaps that was what clinched the deal? Just speculation of course.

But I would agree with the above comments that he was pi** poor. In the second half when he broke with space, two payers caught him up despite a head start, had two balls to play, didn't play them, got tackled and did a rollie-pollie!

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 09:31 - Sep 11 with 3743 views34dfgdf54

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 09:27 - Sep 11 by westwalesed

I'm very worried that he may have some sort of "guaranteed to start clause" in the loan agreement.

It would explain the comments from Bayern, Sanches and Clem all saying "he needs to play, we want him to play, I want to play" etc etc and perhaps that was what clinched the deal? Just speculation of course.

But I would agree with the above comments that he was pi** poor. In the second half when he broke with space, two payers caught him up despite a head start, had two balls to play, didn't play them, got tackled and did a rollie-pollie!

There is no way Munich would have let him come here without a clause.

Clement has today said he started because he was in better shape than Bony, to me, he looked really unfit and gassed early on. That may be down to the supposed extra pace in the premier league though, hopefully he finds his feet, and does it quickly.
Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 09:46 - Sep 11 with 3723 viewsLoyal

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 09:31 - Sep 11 by 34dfgdf54

There is no way Munich would have let him come here without a clause.

Clement has today said he started because he was in better shape than Bony, to me, he looked really unfit and gassed early on. That may be down to the supposed extra pace in the premier league though, hopefully he finds his feet, and does it quickly.

There can be a prescribed amount of appearance time but the club loaning do not have to abide by it. Tactical changes, injury to the payer ( and others ) affect selection. It's an impossible ask, so it isn't asked for or agreed just requested. As has been said before loaning a player isn't just about the 90 minutes. He has much to learn, and he is in the right place.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 10:08 - Sep 11 with 3695 viewsBillyChong

He was terrible. The media guys can upload a replay of some pass in training all they want, totally insignificant to what happens on the weekend.
Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 10:56 - Sep 11 with 3655 views34dfgdf54

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 09:46 - Sep 11 by Loyal

There can be a prescribed amount of appearance time but the club loaning do not have to abide by it. Tactical changes, injury to the payer ( and others ) affect selection. It's an impossible ask, so it isn't asked for or agreed just requested. As has been said before loaning a player isn't just about the 90 minutes. He has much to learn, and he is in the right place.

Are we privileged enough with the squad we have to allow him to make his mistakes to learn from here though?

I am in no way writing him off after one game, but IF performances didn't improve, and soon, we would be in trouble.
Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 11:08 - Sep 11 with 3636 viewsJokeren1943

Clearly looks like that Clement had told him to play safe in your first match. Didn't challenge and general made very few offensive passes

But paradoxically he made many wrong passes. But he is clearly A very good player. The pressure in Swansea is no where near what it is in Munich, so give him time.
Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 12:05 - Sep 11 with 3585 viewsjasper_T

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 11:08 - Sep 11 by Jokeren1943

Clearly looks like that Clement had told him to play safe in your first match. Didn't challenge and general made very few offensive passes

But paradoxically he made many wrong passes. But he is clearly A very good player. The pressure in Swansea is no where near what it is in Munich, so give him time.

I was pretty offended by his passing tbh.
Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 12:10 - Sep 11 with 3579 viewsA_Fans_Dad

He was obviously off the pace of not just the game, but also it appears the way the pitch played.
Was that his first time playing on that surface?
He lost the ball a lot, but how many times did he win it?
Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 12:13 - Sep 11 with 3572 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Where does the count of losing the ball 23 times come from?
is it all from passing, or include being tackled?
Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 12:21 - Sep 11 with 3560 viewsplasjack

Give the boy a chance, Ronaldo would have critics on here.
Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 12:28 - Sep 11 with 3541 viewsMeraki

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 12:10 - Sep 11 by A_Fans_Dad

He was obviously off the pace of not just the game, but also it appears the way the pitch played.
Was that his first time playing on that surface?
He lost the ball a lot, but how many times did he win it?

On grass?

You have come out with some corkers the last few days

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 12:34 - Sep 11 with 3520 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 12:28 - Sep 11 by Meraki

On grass?

You have come out with some corkers the last few days

Swansea's Liberty pitch, you do know that each surface is different depending on the type of grass, its length and how wet it is?
He seemed to expect the ball to travel faster than it did, allowing plenty of time for the opposition to intercept the passes.
Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 14:17 - Sep 11 with 3413 viewsTom1912

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 12:13 - Sep 11 by A_Fans_Dad

Where does the count of losing the ball 23 times come from?
is it all from passing, or include being tackled?

Both I believe.

"Lost possession" so I would take that to mean passing and getting tackled.
Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 18:13 - Sep 11 with 3348 viewsJacket

Seems we have a manager who says players he hasn't had a say in signing need time to adjust, but his signings get thrown on straight away when they are clearly off the pace. Is that a sign of a manager who thinks he's always right, and is too proud to take advice? If it is, we might have a guy who was alright when things went his way but might struggle when they don't.

Did we get carried away that we signed one of the stars of Euro 2016 when that may not be a guarantee of success. How many would have been overjoyed had we signed Robson Kanu or Chris Gunter - saying that, Gunter is hardly worse than Naughton despite not being of Prem quality.
Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 18:52 - Sep 11 with 3308 viewsglobus10

Sanches to me looked rusty and not match fit, understandably. Barring any clause he should have had half dependent on the score. However I felt that even at this early stage of his fitness he seemed maybe on a higher wave length to some of our players. If they had been quicker in mind they would have reached some interceptions/passes and then be in dangerous positions. Maybe our other players need to up their game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024