Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clucas 19:55 - Sep 10 with 7678 viewsParsSwans

Friend of mine knows Sam very well and why he played as defensive midfielder today is beyond both of us as he has always been an attacking midfielder. I thought he had a tidy if not startling game but should be playing further forward without doubt
Clucas on 20:00 - Sep 10 with 3486 viewsTrundle10

Early days i know but on the strength of the 2 games he has played he does not look any better than Cork
Clucas on 20:03 - Sep 10 with 3466 viewsicecoldjack

According to some people on here he was outstanding playing that role today, personally i thought he was poor .

I get the feeling that Sam is a very adaptable player and will be an asset but its no help for him if he plays out of position, especially with almost every fan wondering why Mesa can't get a game . I understand players need to do what ever job they are asked but it really does make you wonder and add flames to the fire of the Mesa question.
Clucas on 20:19 - Sep 10 with 3365 viewsGeoffThom

He's cork in a ginger wig ,an absolutely nothing player and a massive waste of a lot of money ,may as well kept cork ,that's unless he's a brilliant fullback or something but from what I've seen so far the question is WHY???
Clucas on 20:25 - Sep 10 with 3318 viewsJack123

Clucas on 20:19 - Sep 10 by GeoffThom

He's cork in a ginger wig ,an absolutely nothing player and a massive waste of a lot of money ,may as well kept cork ,that's unless he's a brilliant fullback or something but from what I've seen so far the question is WHY???

I think he's a bit better than cork, but atm not being used to his full potential.. Today's fiasco of playing, is all down to clement.. he fcked up bigtime..

libera nos a malo

Clucas on 20:29 - Sep 10 with 3245 viewsJackflack

Clucas on 20:19 - Sep 10 by GeoffThom

You have history for writing off players too soon

Lets be nice, we're all newbees on here.

Clucas on 20:30 - Sep 10 with 3229 viewslondonlisa2001

Clucas on 20:25 - Sep 10 by Jack123

I think he's a bit better than cork, but atm not being used to his full potential.. Today's fiasco of playing, is all down to clement.. he fcked up bigtime..

The problem that he has, is that we, yet again, had a poor transfer window, where we didn't plan on building a team and squad but yet again bought individual players and then tried after the event to work out where to play them.

We've done it for the past few years.

So we have many similar players, and no variety.
Clucas on 20:32 - Sep 10 with 3210 viewsicecoldjack

Well thats 2 from 4 games clement has royally fooked up, i felt his change of tact in the Man utd game took away a potential point for us, utd were struggling with our set piece and clement caved in and changed it!

I think clement is smart enough to know when he's fooked up but i thought Rafa had his team very well organised and had all the answers . Bitterly dissapointed by the game and performance but we do have some growing to do with the new players and lets be totally honest, when Swansea are the favourites to win they always fook it up, especially when its a featured sky game !!

onto the next one.
Clucas on 20:39 - Sep 10 with 3150 viewsFlashberryjack

" Today's fiasco of playing, is all down to clement.. he fcked up big time"

I agree, but Cork is better than Clucas IMO

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Clucas on 20:39 - Sep 10 with 3149 viewsLeonWasGod

Clucas on 20:30 - Sep 10 by londonlisa2001

The problem that he has, is that we, yet again, had a poor transfer window, where we didn't plan on building a team and squad but yet again bought individual players and then tried after the event to work out where to play them.

With Ki still to come back and us not sorting out a move for Fulton, there are two more tidy & steady central midfielders to come into reckoning yet. Central midfielders this year are to what keepers were last year. Not a good balance to this squad
Clucas on 20:44 - Sep 10 with 3088 viewsCooperman

I'm not sure that Clement knows his best midfield diamond.

I just hope he hasn't taken over 'Bob's back four tombola' and soon finds a settled solution. Ki coming back may just add to the issue.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Clucas on 20:51 - Sep 10 with 3036 viewsxmastree

Clucas on 20:44 - Sep 10 by Cooperman

I'm not sure that Clement knows his best midfield diamond.

I just hope he hasn't taken over 'Bob's back four tombola' and soon finds a settled solution. Ki coming back may just add to the issue.

Let's not play the diamond...Simple. Clucas started as a winger from championship up. He needs to play further up , not holding .
Clucas on 20:54 - Sep 10 with 3007 viewsCooperman

Clucas on 20:51 - Sep 10 by xmastree

Let's not play the diamond...Simple. Clucas started as a winger from championship up. He needs to play further up , not holding .

I can't see us playing anything but the diamond at home.

I've got no idea what he's like further forward or wide if I'm totally honest.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

N/A. on 20:58 - Sep 10 with 2977 viewsHuw57

Clucas on 20:54 - Sep 10 by Cooperman

I can't see us playing anything but the diamond at home.

I've got no idea what he's like further forward or wide if I'm totally honest.

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 4:05]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Clucas on 21:01 - Sep 10 with 2957 views34dfgdf54

N/A. on 20:58 - Sep 10 by Huw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 4:05]

The pick of the midfielders I would say. But let's be honest, that isn't really a big compliment on today's showing.

Mesa at base, Sanches furthest forward with Clucas on the left and Fer/Ki on the right is what I'm hinging my hopes on. We miss out on Carrolls set piece then, but his overall play isn't good enough in my opinion.
Clucas on 21:01 - Sep 10 with 2948 viewsJackFish

Yeah. We already have Leon and Mesa who play there, plus Ki, and Carroll sits pretty deep too. We've spent a lot of money on defensive/central midfielders but nothing in replacing Gylfi or our awful wingers.
Clucas on 21:13 - Sep 10 with 2864 viewsGeoffThom

Clucas on 20:29 - Sep 10 by Jackflack

You have history for writing off players too soon

Just the one Mrs Wembley,who went on to do naff all elsewhere ,now we've got him should be interesting ?
Clucas on 21:13 - Sep 10 with 2860 viewsjack247

Clucas on 20:00 - Sep 10 by Trundle10

Early days i know but on the strength of the 2 games he has played he does not look any better than Cork

I thought he was excellent at Palace. Agree on today's game though, if that had been Cork, he'd have been slaughtered. As others have said, it's not his natural position. I'd hope Mesa does live up to his potential soon and Clucas can play left or further forward
Clucas on 21:27 - Sep 10 with 2761 viewslondonlisa2001

Clucas on 21:01 - Sep 10 by JackFish

Yeah. We already have Leon and Mesa who play there, plus Ki, and Carroll sits pretty deep too. We've spent a lot of money on defensive/central midfielders but nothing in replacing Gylfi or our awful wingers.

Our issues are summed up for me with Bony.

Bony (if he can do what he did last time, which is a big if, but that's a different matter so let's assume for now that he can) holds the ball and sprays it to players rushing past him on either side who get a chance themselves, or take it to the line before cutting it back for Bony himself or an onrushing advanced midfielder. When he played last time, he had Routledge and Dyer doing that.

Now, we have zero width. So what does he do? Hold it and pass it back to where it came from?

No planning. If we were going to get Bony (and I genuinely can't see how he is the best option at £12m, but so be it), then we have to buy width. Not a selection of central midfielders with no pace between them.
Clucas on 21:31 - Sep 10 with 2711 viewsKilkennyjack

Clucas is a much better player than Corky.

Beware of the Risen People

Clucas on 21:34 - Sep 10 with 2692 viewsharryhpalmer

Clucas on 21:27 - Sep 10 by londonlisa2001

Our issues are summed up for me with Bony.

Bony (if he can do what he did last time, which is a big if, but that's a different matter so let's assume for now that he can) holds the ball and sprays it to players rushing past him on either side who get a chance themselves, or take it to the line before cutting it back for Bony himself or an onrushing advanced midfielder. When he played last time, he had Routledge and Dyer doing that.

Now, we have zero width. So what does he do? Hold it and pass it back to where it came from?

No planning. If we were going to get Bony (and I genuinely can't see how he is the best option at £12m, but so be it), then we have to buy width. Not a selection of central midfielders with no pace between them.

Don't worry Lisa, T2C will be on here later saying how Clement hasn't put a foot wrong again!
[Post edited 10 Sep 2017 21:35]

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Clucas on 21:41 - Sep 10 with 2618 viewslondonlisa2001

Clucas on 21:34 - Sep 10 by harryhpalmer

Don't worry Lisa, T2C will be on here later saying how Clement hasn't put a foot wrong again!
[Post edited 10 Sep 2017 21:35]

I don't think Clement made any secret that he wanted 'at least 2' attacking options even before Llorente went.

He didn't get them, although in fairness he managed to get one attacking option due to our inability to transfer a player out.

It's not Clement's fault. I think he's an excellent manager.

I've been away so wasn't on here much while the window was in the last few days, but the bits I did read I couldn't believe so many were happy with how it went. I think there are glaring weaknesses. But there we go. Filling in a form is tricky.
Clucas on 21:58 - Sep 10 with 2528 viewsjasfan

I agree Lisa that we've not had a coherent recruitment strategy for several seasons. However, it's not just that we have several similar players and no variety, but too many players with a similar level of ability.
Clucas on 23:18 - Sep 10 with 2335 viewsphact0rri

So who do we have who does DM as a primary position outside of Leon? Was that Mesa's supposed role as well?

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Clucas on 23:32 - Sep 10 with 2280 viewstrampie

Clucas on 23:18 - Sep 10 by phact0rri

So who do we have who does DM as a primary position outside of Leon? Was that Mesa's supposed role as well?

Forget sitting midfielders Swans have lots of players that can do that role it's attacking midfielders Swans need, Hazard, Salah, D.Silva, Mkhitaryan, Siggy, Alli etc, I don't expect little old Swansea to have those exact players but players that are capable of creating and scoring and taking a free kick, is Frank Lampard available these days ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Clucas on 23:40 - Sep 10 with 2245 viewsharryhpalmer

Clucas on 21:41 - Sep 10 by londonlisa2001

I don't think Clement made any secret that he wanted 'at least 2' attacking options even before Llorente went.

He didn't get them, although in fairness he managed to get one attacking option due to our inability to transfer a player out.

It's not Clement's fault. I think he's an excellent manager.

I've been away so wasn't on here much while the window was in the last few days, but the bits I did read I couldn't believe so many were happy with how it went. I think there are glaring weaknesses. But there we go. Filling in a form is tricky.

Even in recruitment, Clement has to take some of the blame - as he is on the committee.

but actually I was more talking about his team selection and also his substitutions - not for the first time.

If Mesa needs time to acclimatise, then why didn't Sanches?

Mesa has been at the club all through pre-season and not up to speed. Sanches has been there since Thursday and is?

there was a lack of control and composure in midfield - Leon could have brought that. Mesa was on the bench and surely should have been used instead of bringing Bony on for a midfielder.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024