Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You can't win anything with kids... 21:22 - Sep 10 with 2513 viewsTheResurrection

Who said that first, Pencoed? Teabag? LeonwasGod? Tommy? Some mug? Alan Hansen?

Even with a 2 - 0 win (Mawson/Tammy) it still wouldn't have been a great memory.

Poor in too many spells, a lack of courage, not brave enough with the ball, a formation that doesn't suit taking the game to the opponent (which we tried to do), no cohesion, fluidity, dynamism, runners, options, creation, it had the lot, unfortunately for us.

We need to be a lot better.

First up though, they were decent, they weren't the mug punters we all hoped for and they're a team that competes from 1 to 11 and will not be in the relegation mix come next May.

Excuses over, Clement needs to take stock of that and take a bit more of a grip.

For one, Sanches should NEVER have been allowed to take a free kick, Carroll needs more balls to say listen youngster, well done for winning the free kick now fack off back in your position and earn the right to take this. Sanches doesn't need to be stoking the crowd up, he needs to be making short, simple passes that hit the player he's playing to, he needs to make passes to players in space and take a massive step back from the limelight he's been inadvertently thrust into.

Never again should we see an attempt to regain his over inflated reputation in one game again.

Take your time son, you've got the talent but you're not there yet.

Perhaps the most important person this season will be Sanches' translator - it would be relatively easy for Clement to get a message across to someone from the South East, not so to a kid from the tough streets of Lisbon or wherever he's from.

Patches

We were good in spells, 6 minutes on the clock and we started to play it from the back, 20 passes later we were pressing in their top right corner before the move breaking down. We started the game well enough, the end of the first half was also good. The bit in between, we lost identity.

Identity

We don't have one yet. Clement is working on this. In my most humble of opinions (that's just me) Clem will be all over this. I was told recently he doesn't like playing with wingers. Mournho-esqu perhaps, pragmatic, but he's found his way out of 2 massive holes already in his Swans tenure,

Balance

He'll need to redress the balance and think again on this display. We need to see a team that swings the one way and the other and it making sense. We don't want to see Naughton in the loose space 10 yards towards the right of the corner of their box with the only option a floating, chipped cross into the box that's easily clearer. We need to see runners, closer to him, off him, making space and options around him. This was the most the most frustrating aspect of today and where moves just came to an abrupt end.

Positives

Unlike last week, nobody's place is sacred. Apart from Fab anyone can come in and replace whoever played today and none of them could have any arguments. We're on a hiding to noting next week but we have the Wembley effect, it maybe a nice little game for us. Put it this way, I'll be more confident playing them there than at WHL. We can utilise a much better squad than we had last season to tweak things and get a reaction. Bony, also, in his cameo role looked just what we need.... that pass for Narsingh. There's enough there, with him alone, to shape a team around.

Clement just needs to make big decisions to strike a more fluent balance. Fer, for me, even for those stupid, reckless challenges needs dropping. That's not the way to keep the game flowing, lunging in waist height inches away from a sending off every time. Fer, you're out next game, work on this. Carroll, Clucas, you get a pass, not by much as you both, to put it lightly, shit out of today, thats not good enough, we need another 50% at least from you two. Tammy, anonymous first half, played your way into the game but you need to get the build up bits better. Ayew, good, no complaints....

It wasn't great today but there's enough raw materials to see a massive improvement as the weeks progress.

Don't speak too soon.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

You can't win anything with kids... on 10:58 - Sep 11 with 558 viewsDrizzy

A classic "serious" Res post with very little substance, trying to derive meaning from inane gestures like Sanchez gesturing to the crowd.

A halfwit with twice the self-importance.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

You can't win anything with kids... on 14:12 - Sep 11 with 491 viewsTheResurrection

You can't win anything with kids... on 09:37 - Sep 11 by oh_tommy_tommy

4 displays of pure agony

i'll not try and sugar coat f&ck all .

Actually there was plenty to sugar coat when watching it back.

I doubt you'd bother to do that though?

Yesterday was the classic banana skin and we got stung against a well drilled and competitive Newcastle side.

It was not the gimmeeteveryone thought it would be and that was our main problem. We're all excited, we've just made big signings and we're playing a team that's up from the league below, what could go wrong.

When you watch it back in the cold light of day you see a decent game of football between two evenly matched sides. We've no god given right to beat a massive club like them and that was just the reality on the day.

The weight of expectation ran high and our perception of what we thought we were going to see didn't match-up with what actually happened.

Watching it back there's lots of positives, including Sanches, who didn't look decent whilst there in the stands.

We're a work in progress but this we should've factored into yesterday. The fact we didn't is our fault.

The Holy Grail of Laudqup's first season you'll see we had a real poor spell here and there. We can get to there again no sweat with the basis of the squad that's developing. We just need patience and to stop the rot of spoilt Premier league fan tossers, and that's something that's setting in big time with our mugs.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

You can't win anything with kids... on 14:28 - Sep 11 with 482 viewsTheResurrection

You can't win anything with kids... on 10:58 - Sep 11 by Drizzy

A classic "serious" Res post with very little substance, trying to derive meaning from inane gestures like Sanchez gesturing to the crowd.

A halfwit with twice the self-importance.

I can't be bothered replying properly to cowards sniping away like this Newport scummy kunt.

Twice the importance? And the rest..... Shit on my shoe.

You can't win anything with kids... on 15:37 - Sep 11 with 429 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Yes Newcastle are shyte, they won The Championship, been beaten by 2 of the current top 6 sides and then stuffed the Hammers 3:0.
The Newcastle Supporter who posted on one of our threads (I think it was here, but can't find it) warned us exactly how they would play and they did just that.
We didn't take what few chances we did create and that is basically the story of last season as well.
You can't win anything with kids... on 16:00 - Sep 11 with 413 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

You can't win anything with kids... on 14:12 - Sep 11 by TheResurrection

Actually there was plenty to sugar coat when watching it back.

I doubt you'd bother to do that though?

Yesterday was the classic banana skin and we got stung against a well drilled and competitive Newcastle side.

It was not the gimmeeteveryone thought it would be and that was our main problem. We're all excited, we've just made big signings and we're playing a team that's up from the league below, what could go wrong.

When you watch it back in the cold light of day you see a decent game of football between two evenly matched sides. We've no god given right to beat a massive club like them and that was just the reality on the day.

The weight of expectation ran high and our perception of what we thought we were going to see didn't match-up with what actually happened.

Watching it back there's lots of positives, including Sanches, who didn't look decent whilst there in the stands.

We're a work in progress but this we should've factored into yesterday. The fact we didn't is our fault.

The Holy Grail of Laudqup's first season you'll see we had a real poor spell here and there. We can get to there again no sweat with the basis of the squad that's developing. We just need patience and to stop the rot of spoilt Premier league fan tossers, and that's something that's setting in big time with our mugs.

Not all are excited about our "big signings "

You are right ,I'll not watch it back ,watching it once was bad enough.

It was no gimme for me either 0-0 I backed

Being a swans supporter has always been about waiting

Patiently

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

You can't win anything with kids... on 17:13 - Sep 11 with 367 viewsTheResurrection

You can't win anything with kids... on 15:37 - Sep 11 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes Newcastle are shyte, they won The Championship, been beaten by 2 of the current top 6 sides and then stuffed the Hammers 3:0.
The Newcastle Supporter who posted on one of our threads (I think it was here, but can't find it) warned us exactly how they would play and they did just that.
We didn't take what few chances we did create and that is basically the story of last season as well.

in fairness we created around 5 or 6 really good chances so that's a little unfair.

Mawson and Tammy were probably sitters. We had 2 good chances in 2 minutes around 55 minutes. Narsingh at the end.

I think it's probably fair to say on another day at least 1 of those would go in.

Batter them we did not, but it really wasn't as bad as people are making out. If like Tommy, who knowing him, was too pissed to even see the game properly, will not watch it back, then you'll not see this for yourself.

And bear in mind, this is our new squad just about starting the settling in process.

Check Laudrup's first mythical season. After the first two games we went on a real mediocre run. We've got to give this group time and everyone needs to stop pissing their pants over it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024