Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You can't win anything with kids... 21:22 - Sep 10 with 2514 viewsTheResurrection

Who said that first, Pencoed? Teabag? LeonwasGod? Tommy? Some mug? Alan Hansen?

Even with a 2 - 0 win (Mawson/Tammy) it still wouldn't have been a great memory.

Poor in too many spells, a lack of courage, not brave enough with the ball, a formation that doesn't suit taking the game to the opponent (which we tried to do), no cohesion, fluidity, dynamism, runners, options, creation, it had the lot, unfortunately for us.

We need to be a lot better.

First up though, they were decent, they weren't the mug punters we all hoped for and they're a team that competes from 1 to 11 and will not be in the relegation mix come next May.

Excuses over, Clement needs to take stock of that and take a bit more of a grip.

For one, Sanches should NEVER have been allowed to take a free kick, Carroll needs more balls to say listen youngster, well done for winning the free kick now fack off back in your position and earn the right to take this. Sanches doesn't need to be stoking the crowd up, he needs to be making short, simple passes that hit the player he's playing to, he needs to make passes to players in space and take a massive step back from the limelight he's been inadvertently thrust into.

Never again should we see an attempt to regain his over inflated reputation in one game again.

Take your time son, you've got the talent but you're not there yet.

Perhaps the most important person this season will be Sanches' translator - it would be relatively easy for Clement to get a message across to someone from the South East, not so to a kid from the tough streets of Lisbon or wherever he's from.

Patches

We were good in spells, 6 minutes on the clock and we started to play it from the back, 20 passes later we were pressing in their top right corner before the move breaking down. We started the game well enough, the end of the first half was also good. The bit in between, we lost identity.

Identity

We don't have one yet. Clement is working on this. In my most humble of opinions (that's just me) Clem will be all over this. I was told recently he doesn't like playing with wingers. Mournho-esqu perhaps, pragmatic, but he's found his way out of 2 massive holes already in his Swans tenure,

Balance

He'll need to redress the balance and think again on this display. We need to see a team that swings the one way and the other and it making sense. We don't want to see Naughton in the loose space 10 yards towards the right of the corner of their box with the only option a floating, chipped cross into the box that's easily clearer. We need to see runners, closer to him, off him, making space and options around him. This was the most the most frustrating aspect of today and where moves just came to an abrupt end.

Positives

Unlike last week, nobody's place is sacred. Apart from Fab anyone can come in and replace whoever played today and none of them could have any arguments. We're on a hiding to noting next week but we have the Wembley effect, it maybe a nice little game for us. Put it this way, I'll be more confident playing them there than at WHL. We can utilise a much better squad than we had last season to tweak things and get a reaction. Bony, also, in his cameo role looked just what we need.... that pass for Narsingh. There's enough there, with him alone, to shape a team around.

Clement just needs to make big decisions to strike a more fluent balance. Fer, for me, even for those stupid, reckless challenges needs dropping. That's not the way to keep the game flowing, lunging in waist height inches away from a sending off every time. Fer, you're out next game, work on this. Carroll, Clucas, you get a pass, not by much as you both, to put it lightly, shit out of today, thats not good enough, we need another 50% at least from you two. Tammy, anonymous first half, played your way into the game but you need to get the build up bits better. Ayew, good, no complaints....

It wasn't great today but there's enough raw materials to see a massive improvement as the weeks progress.

Don't speak too soon.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

You can't win anything with kids... on 21:24 - Sep 10 with 1935 viewsexiledclaseboy

On the plus side, you saw me and I saw you.

Poll: Tory leader

You can't win anything with kids... on 21:30 - Sep 10 with 1903 viewsTheResurrection

You can't win anything with kids... on 21:24 - Sep 10 by exiledclaseboy

On the plus side, you saw me and I saw you.

Where did you play?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

You can't win anything with kids... on 21:32 - Sep 10 with 1885 views3swan

Agree with most of that.

We are heavily reliant on the 5 new signings clicking early on.

It's a big ask but today showed a lot of missing fight and passion. If you don't want it enough then all the skill amounts to nothing.

We created very little against a well organized side. Not a top side just one that knew what they wanted and put in a shift.
You can't win anything with kids... on 21:37 - Sep 10 with 1844 viewspencoedjack

I'll skip through the bollocks Carroll took the 1st 2 free kicks and they were shite Clucas ( who I rate ) corners towards the end were fuking awful
You can't win anything with kids... on 21:57 - Sep 10 with 1799 viewsTheResurrection

You can't win anything with kids... on 21:37 - Sep 10 by pencoedjack

I'll skip through the bollocks Carroll took the 1st 2 free kicks and they were shite Clucas ( who I rate ) corners towards the end were fuking awful

Cut through the shite? Maybe that's your problem, you don't look into things enough.

Read it and discuss.

I've no idea what you're on about in your reply???

But, on corners, Carroll's were top notch, so much better than the Toffee flop

You can't win anything with kids... on 21:59 - Sep 10 with 1778 viewswhoflungdung

Fans react in different ways to results

Fair to say today was a sickening

Newcastle are shyte

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

You can't win anything with kids... on 22:02 - Sep 10 with 1759 viewsDarran

I'm not sure we need to win anything with kids,avoiding the drop will be just fine.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

You can't win anything with kids... on 22:05 - Sep 10 with 1729 viewsTheResurrection

You can't win anything with kids... on 22:02 - Sep 10 by Darran

I'm not sure we need to win anything with kids,avoiding the drop will be just fine.

The point being, people react with pathetic, quippy quotes when things don't go to plan.

And often they get bitten on the ass.

Login to get fewer ads

You can't win anything with kids... on 22:07 - Sep 10 with 1715 viewspencoedjack

You can't win anything with kids... on 22:05 - Sep 10 by TheResurrection

The point being, people react with pathetic, quippy quotes when things don't go to plan.

And often they get bitten on the ass.

Irony alert
You can't win anything with kids... on 22:07 - Sep 10 with 1714 viewsmonmouth

You can't win anything with kids... on 21:59 - Sep 10 by whoflungdung

Newcastle are shyte

They really weren't that bad at all. I'd hoped for them to be abysmal, but they had pace and movement and, most importantly a clear plan when they had the ball and a sense and awareness of where each other were.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

You can't win anything with kids... on 22:11 - Sep 10 with 1687 viewsjasfan

You can't win anything with kids... on 22:07 - Sep 10 by monmouth

They really weren't that bad at all. I'd hoped for them to be abysmal, but they had pace and movement and, most importantly a clear plan when they had the ball and a sense and awareness of where each other were.

That was my impression of them too.
You can't win anything with kids... on 22:11 - Sep 10 with 1687 viewsCooperman

You can't win anything with kids... on 21:59 - Sep 10 by whoflungdung

Newcastle are shyte

They certainly were not shyte today.

They had a game plan, every man had a specific task and they pulled it off with aplomb, and all without Rafa orchestrating from the sideline.

I can't see them being in a relegation scrap come May. I can't see us either as a matter of fact.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

You can't win anything with kids... on 22:37 - Sep 10 with 1625 viewsWandererJack

Disagree about dropping Fer. I thought he played far better than Carroll, Sanches and Clucas without being amazing.

I kind of agree with what you have said in the past regarding Sigurdsson in open play however today we would have stood a much better chance of winning or getting something with his set piece deliveries and Fernando being on the end of those.

Hypothetical I know but we struggled to put balls in good areas from free kicks/corners and it takes away from the threat we pose opposition teams.
You can't win anything with kids... on 22:41 - Sep 10 with 1598 viewsjasper_T

You can't win anything with kids... on 22:37 - Sep 10 by WandererJack

Disagree about dropping Fer. I thought he played far better than Carroll, Sanches and Clucas without being amazing.

I kind of agree with what you have said in the past regarding Sigurdsson in open play however today we would have stood a much better chance of winning or getting something with his set piece deliveries and Fernando being on the end of those.

Hypothetical I know but we struggled to put balls in good areas from free kicks/corners and it takes away from the threat we pose opposition teams.

I don't remember Fer doing anything but look lost in the first half, and freeze for 3 seconds every time he got the ball in the second.

A few fancy bits of dribbling that got us nowhere. No link up with the players around or in front of him. Ki can't come back quick enough.
You can't win anything with kids... on 22:45 - Sep 10 with 1577 viewsEasternJack

Agree with most of the OP

Something he missed was that the team were on its heels and looking knackered very early on. This was compounded by the desire of the Newcastle players who more often than not were onto 2nd balls - and were also able to pass through us with more ease than they're entitled to

Balance is a problem - which can be fixed.
Lack of Desire/fitness is a worrying trend
[Post edited 10 Sep 2017 22:48]

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

You can't win anything with kids... on 22:49 - Sep 10 with 1558 viewsWandererJack

You can't win anything with kids... on 22:41 - Sep 10 by jasper_T

I don't remember Fer doing anything but look lost in the first half, and freeze for 3 seconds every time he got the ball in the second.

A few fancy bits of dribbling that got us nowhere. No link up with the players around or in front of him. Ki can't come back quick enough.

He played better when actually got on the ball when he was a deeper in the second half. He fed Olsson and Kyle. Not brilliant by any stretch but a 6/10 performance in my view.

I like Carroll but he chose the wrong pass time and time again today. Just a bad day. 5/10

Clucas did ok, wasn't massively involved. 5/10

You can see that Sanches is a player but his confidence looks extremely low. Gave the ball away more times in 60 minutes than Leon has in 10 years. I do think he'll come good though. 3/10

So based on that, I would say Sanches, Clucas and Carroll are more deserving to lose their place than Fer.
You can't win anything with kids... on 22:50 - Sep 10 with 1551 viewsGaryjack

You can't win anything with kids... on 22:11 - Sep 10 by Cooperman

They certainly were not shyte today.

They had a game plan, every man had a specific task and they pulled it off with aplomb, and all without Rafa orchestrating from the sideline.

I can't see them being in a relegation scrap come May. I can't see us either as a matter of fact.

You may have inadvertently hit the nail on the head there. Rafa outfoxed Clement from his hospital bed!
You can't win anything with kids... on 22:56 - Sep 10 with 1515 viewstrampie

You can't win anything with kids... on 22:41 - Sep 10 by jasper_T

He slide Abraham in when a Newcastle defender cleared it off the line.
Fer has a goal in him and along with Ki I would say are the only two in the squad capable of playing an attacking midfielder role, Swans failed to replace Siggy for some reason.
Sanches, Clucas and Carroll were terrible, particularly Clucas and Carroll.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

You can't win anything with kids... on 22:59 - Sep 10 with 1506 viewsDJack

You can't win anything with kids... on 22:50 - Sep 10 by Garyjack

You may have inadvertently hit the nail on the head there. Rafa outfoxed Clement from his hospital bed!

...yes he rang up his old mate Francesco.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

You can't win anything with kids... on 09:04 - Sep 11 with 1341 viewsPegojack

Good post, Chris.

I felt we lost that game due to the collective failure of the whole midfield. Carroll couldn't pass to a man in white all game, Fer became more reckless as his frustration increased and was very lucky not to get sent off, Clucas put himself about but mostly took the easy option on the ball. The jury's out on Sanches. I saw many good things but also I saw a player who is obviously unfamiliar with the pace and physicality of the Premier League and who will take time to blend in with new teammates. Some of the time when he 'lost the ball', he'd made a good pass which better teammates would have anticipated, but not some of our journeymen.

I lost count of the number of times in the second half I found myself shouting for someone to support Naughton when he was attacking down the right flank. He'd made decent ground then look to pass infield, only to find Fer and Carroll thirty yards away with several opponents closer and closing him down.

I'm expecting Clement to revert to the 5-3-2 formation at Wembley next week and park the bus. It worked well against United for 80 minutes, can we go one better against Spurs? Probably not!
[Post edited 11 Sep 2017 9:05]
You can't win anything with kids... on 09:26 - Sep 11 with 1297 viewsdameedna

I saw Naughton have a lot of presure put on him and have a good game. Was sort of hoping that he would have been tearing up trees or allowed to have a more in control and dominant game. That is not just down to Sanches. There were gaps between midfield defence and attack. As Newcastle found us out they looked like getting a second.
You can't win anything with kids... on 09:37 - Sep 11 with 1268 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

4 displays of pure agony

i'll not try and sugar coat f&ck all .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

You can't win anything with kids... on 10:28 - Sep 11 with 1225 viewsBillyChong

Fer can create, something the rest of the midfield don't look so sure of at the moment. Can we afford to give Sanches the time to get back to his supposed best?
You can't win anything with kids... on 10:35 - Sep 11 with 1214 viewspencoedjack

You can't win anything with kids... on 09:37 - Sep 11 by oh_tommy_tommy

4 displays of pure agony

i'll not try and sugar coat f&ck all .

Its OK Tom in another 4-6 games we will be playing the football we were playing under Laudrup.

Anyone who has any worries about the current team is negative & not realistic.

Lets hope we are wrong & the self proclaimed 'football experts' on PS are correct.
You can't win anything with kids... on 10:48 - Sep 11 with 1191 viewswhoflungdung

Not shyte.?
Well raf has been whinging about the lack of quality in his squad for months.

They had several injuries yesterday and a make shift defence.

What does that make us ?

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024