Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Free kicks in central positions 14:27 - Sep 11 with 2687 viewsPegojack

Why can't we work out something clever on the training pitch instead of the usual 'blast it ten yards over the bar' option, as demonstrated by Sanches yesterday?

When Carroll and Sanches lined up for that one, everyone in the ground knew Sanches was going to have a pop, because he'd deferred to Carroll for the first one earlier in the game. I was willing to bet it would be ten yards over the bar, and so it proved.

Why not feign a blaster, then poke it forward past the wall for someone quick to run on to, someone who a second before was messing about in the wall or something and not looking like he was going to be involved in a move.

Come on, guys, try a little invention, we haven't got Siggy any more!
Free kicks in central positions on 15:32 - Sep 11 with 2644 viewstheloneranger

Something like Watford did against the Swans under Tosh

Watford's free kick and they placed a wall in front of the Swans wall and as the ball was kicked the Watford wall broke to the left and right and the Swans wall followed them

Leaving the Swans goal wide open and Watford scored. Ive never seen any team do that again.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Free kicks in central positions on 15:41 - Sep 11 with 2632 viewsA_Fans_Dad

How about just beating the wall and getting the ball on target.
That would do for a start.
As I said on my post, what, how and how often do our players who are likely to take set pieces actually practice them.
It should be for hours at a time, not just a few minutes during general training.
Free kicks in central positions on 15:45 - Sep 11 with 2624 viewsJethroJack

That Coventry free kick years ago was a belter, lifted back flip so the ball can be hit on the volley & with top spin. Anybody bothered repeating that?
Free kicks in central positions on 16:00 - Sep 11 with 2598 viewsPegojack

Free kicks in central positions on 15:41 - Sep 11 by A_Fans_Dad

How about just beating the wall and getting the ball on target.
That would do for a start.
As I said on my post, what, how and how often do our players who are likely to take set pieces actually practice them.
It should be for hours at a time, not just a few minutes during general training.

Yes, that would be good too!
Free kicks in central positions on 16:02 - Sep 11 with 2596 viewstheloneranger

Free kicks in central positions on 15:45 - Sep 11 by JethroJack

That Coventry free kick years ago was a belter, lifted back flip so the ball can be hit on the volley & with top spin. Anybody bothered repeating that?

V Everton 1970, can never be repeated..... worse luck..... The Donkey Kick was outlawed at the end of that season
[Post edited 11 Sep 2017 16:18]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Free kicks in central positions on 17:20 - Sep 11 with 2528 viewsJackSkellington

Totally agree, as I was yelling at the players yesterday*, if you haven't got the skills to outpace them or go around them, then you at least need the intelligence to surprise them! It doesn't need to be spur of the moment stuff, we should be constantly working on a range of inventive set piece moves, some of the them will come off. But we never do, we just blast it and hope. Every. Single. Time.

*They couldn't hear me, turns out TV only works one way.
Free kicks in central positions on 03:28 - Sep 12 with 2449 viewsWanderer

Free kicks in central positions on 15:45 - Sep 11 by JethroJack

I remember that on MOTD as a kid, Willie Carr and Ernie Hunt I think it was.
We were all trying that in the school yard and a few months later all trying to be Rivelino after watching Brazil in 1970 world cup, ah salad days.
Free kicks in central positions on 05:52 - Sep 12 with 2426 viewsSwansNZ

If only we had someone like Gylfi.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Login to get fewer ads

Free kicks in central positions on 11:00 - Sep 12 with 2341 viewsLoyal

The problem Hereford is your use of the words, 'clever and invention' when referring to these football types.
A bit like using words like 'honesty and integrity' when referencing Huw Spankings.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Free kicks in central positions on 11:23 - Sep 12 with 2327 views34dfgdf54

U23s scored from a good move yesterday, also conceded from a set piece though.
Free kicks in central positions on 16:16 - Sep 12 with 2259 viewsJethroJack

Free kicks in central positions on 16:02 - Sep 11 by theloneranger

V Everton 1970, can never be repeated..... worse luck..... The Donkey Kick was outlawed at the end of that season
[Post edited 11 Sep 2017 16:18]

Thanks, didn't know that...big shame!
Free kicks in central positions on 16:22 - Sep 12 with 2252 viewsJethroJack

Free kicks in central positions on 03:28 - Sep 12 by Wanderer

I remember that on MOTD as a kid, Willie Carr and Ernie Hunt I think it was.
We were all trying that in the school yard and a few months later all trying to be Rivelino after watching Brazil in 1970 world cup, ah salad days.

Yes, those were special days when you used to look forward to seeing Brazilian/Argentinian players at World Cups. These days, the seem to be 2 a penny (except for Messi & Neymar).
Free kicks in central positions on 18:29 - Sep 12 with 2223 viewsAguycalledJack

Think we need to work on our straight forward corners first.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024