Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kyle Naughton. 17:12 - Sep 11 with 3729 viewsAlf6

I rarely post and am loathe to critisize players. However I felt that almost every time that Kyle received the ball on Sunday he brought play to a halt. He stood over the ball looking around before making his mind up what to do with it. In the Premier League speed of decision making and quick passing is essential.
Kyle Naughton. on 17:17 - Sep 11 with 3710 viewsjacabertawe

I though that Naughton had a good game. His dithering was not necessarily his choice, but that of being forced to look at who to pass to and where?

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Kyle Naughton. on 17:26 - Sep 11 with 3684 viewsjasper_T

We were moving the ball to the right flank constantly through the first half, and with Sanches not proving to be a wonderkid capable of winning the game on his own, Naughton was having to do a lot.

He's not a great player and we should have been looking to upgrade him but he did okay given what was going on around him. Most of the time there wasn't a quick pass on for him to play, he had to stop and go backwards more often than not.
Kyle Naughton. on 17:29 - Sep 11 with 3669 viewsBanosswan

Naughton played well, he was exposed by the system.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Kyle Naughton. on 17:36 - Sep 11 with 3628 viewsDrizzy

It's ludicrous to expect such a limited player to be our only attacking outlet on the right flank.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Kyle Naughton. on 17:37 - Sep 11 with 3628 viewsJackSkellington

The number of players yesterday who appeared to be deliberately making themselves unavailable for a pass by hanging around inbetween two Newcastle defenders was doing my head in. If I was Clement I'd make that behaviour a droppable offence with a fine of a weeks wages.

OK, maybe on that ruling we'd be unable to put out a team next week after yesterday's performance, but behind closed doors I hope he's bloody furious with them.

Related to this lack of desire to be available in attack: re Sanches' wayward passes, I know far more of them went astray than should have done, but a fair number of them looked to me like he was passing into space in front of players expecting his team mates to run onto the ball and move up the field faster, only to see them stand still watching the ball. Obviously 3 days with the team wasn't enough time to get Google Translate to explain "de lado para os lados para trĂ¡s". Maybe next week.
Kyle Naughton. on 17:44 - Sep 11 with 3607 viewstrampie

Naughton has been very good so far this season and the back end of last season, full-back/wing back has become one of the most demanding positions on the field, What did Man City pay for Walker and Mendy ?, they even got another one in Danilo, what did Arsenal pay for K.... ?, What did Chelsea pay for Z....? (can't be arsed to check out how to spell their names), they already have Alonso.
Naughton would have no runners and hardly anyone ahead of him, where was Clucas and Carroll ?, would Mesa and Britton have been up there trying to get ahead of the ball and offer themselves in attack if they had played ?
[Post edited 11 Sep 2017 17:46]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Kyle Naughton. on 18:22 - Sep 11 with 3508 viewsjasper_T

Kyle Naughton. on 17:44 - Sep 11 by trampie

Naughton has been very good so far this season and the back end of last season, full-back/wing back has become one of the most demanding positions on the field, What did Man City pay for Walker and Mendy ?, they even got another one in Danilo, what did Arsenal pay for K.... ?, What did Chelsea pay for Z....? (can't be arsed to check out how to spell their names), they already have Alonso.
Naughton would have no runners and hardly anyone ahead of him, where was Clucas and Carroll ?, would Mesa and Britton have been up there trying to get ahead of the ball and offer themselves in attack if they had played ?
[Post edited 11 Sep 2017 17:46]

Carroll was on the other side of the pitch. Clucas was hiding. Farnandez seemed the most keen to offer himself for a pass most of the time, bless him.
Kyle Naughton. on 18:26 - Sep 11 with 3484 viewslonglostjack

I was much more disappointed by Olsson's performance.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Kyle Naughton. on 18:48 - Sep 11 with 3399 viewsjack2jack

Kyle Naughton. on 18:26 - Sep 11 by longlostjack

I was much more disappointed by Olsson's performance.

In fairness to Ollsson he was hardly given the ball in the first half,everything was going to Naughton, lot of long balls which take time to bring under control,hence he was under pressure.thought he did ok.Thats how I saw it anyway.
Kyle Naughton. on 19:29 - Sep 11 with 3319 viewsPegojack

He's not a world beater but he's improved steadily under Clement's coaching. I thought he often had no outlet to pass to yesterday because others were not making themselves available.

I think he's naturally cautious and doesn't want to be responsible for giving the ball away leading to a chance for the opposition. He'd rather pass sideways or backwards, as he did yesterday when that corner was cleared and he passed back to Fab from inside the Newcastle half, rather than keep the pressure on by lumping it forward.
Kyle Naughton. on 19:33 - Sep 11 with 3309 viewsTheKirkyLife

Both Olsson and Naughton are very limited in the diamond formation. I can't understand when both are pretty good wing backs why we switched back to a diamond at home.

He had a decent game and couldn't play forward because no one was getting into space.
Kyle Naughton. on 19:49 - Sep 11 with 3265 viewsicecoldjack

Nearly all the above comments cover it very well so nothing to add other than Naughton for me is one of our few improvements and should be encouraged by the support, its very obvious to most he's a confidence player, stepped up in our hour of need too, scoring a great goal away at the mackems.

We all know he ain't the best but he sure ain't the worst either, give the bloke a break i say, there were many more players worthy of critique yesterday but as per usual they escape without a scratch.
Kyle Naughton. on 20:11 - Sep 11 with 3214 viewsvetchonian

Kyle Naughton. on 19:33 - Sep 11 by TheKirkyLife

Both Olsson and Naughton are very limited in the diamond formation. I can't understand when both are pretty good wing backs why we switched back to a diamond at home.

He had a decent game and couldn't play forward because no one was getting into space.

I think Clem changed formation as Bartley is injured....and with only one CB available as cover I've Van DER Hoof I suspect he is not willing to risk losing another CB so I guess he has reverted to a flat back four

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Kyle Naughton. on 20:33 - Sep 11 with 3144 viewsMorfa_Same

I've criticised Naughton in the past but I think he's been one of our better players this season, just as he was at the end of last season.
Kyle Naughton. on 20:37 - Sep 11 with 3135 viewspencoedjack

Kyle Naughton. on 20:11 - Sep 11 by vetchonian

I think Clem changed formation as Bartley is injured....and with only one CB available as cover I've Van DER Hoof I suspect he is not willing to risk losing another CB so I guess he has reverted to a flat back four

As fans we could see we needed cover at centre half I assume it was discussed by PC and those holding the purse strings especially if he planned to play with a 3. How we didn't get decent cover is appalling

Bartley seems to be the new messiah to certain posters, had a decent game but he has errors in his game.

I've made my feelings clear on Naughton at best a very limited footballer but in fairness has been OK this season. If he gets injured before the transfer window we are fuked
Kyle Naughton. on 20:51 - Sep 11 with 3084 viewsjasper_T

Kyle Naughton. on 19:29 - Sep 11 by Pegojack

He's not a world beater but he's improved steadily under Clement's coaching. I thought he often had no outlet to pass to yesterday because others were not making themselves available.

I think he's naturally cautious and doesn't want to be responsible for giving the ball away leading to a chance for the opposition. He'd rather pass sideways or backwards, as he did yesterday when that corner was cleared and he passed back to Fab from inside the Newcastle half, rather than keep the pressure on by lumping it forward.

I never understand why fans boo when a player does that. Lumping the ball forward quickly rarely works when the opposition have every player back, packed into their own area.

Giving the ball back to the keeper brings the opposition back out, opening space and allowing us to effectively keep the pressure on (if Fab doesn't slice his pass out for a throw).
Kyle Naughton. on 20:54 - Sep 11 with 3071 viewsDr_Winston

Problem is we're not playing with any semblance of width at the minute. This is also having the effect of stultifying Olsson's counterattacking on the left which was so effective last season. It might work better when Bony is fully assimilated but why bother when he can be just as effective in an expansive game.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Kyle Naughton. on 22:03 - Sep 11 with 2922 viewsSPboy

Kyle Naughton. on 20:37 - Sep 11 by pencoedjack

As fans we could see we needed cover at centre half I assume it was discussed by PC and those holding the purse strings especially if he planned to play with a 3. How we didn't get decent cover is appalling

Bartley seems to be the new messiah to certain posters, had a decent game but he has errors in his game.

I've made my feelings clear on Naughton at best a very limited footballer but in fairness has been OK this season. If he gets injured before the transfer window we are fuked

I can't believe it that people are saying we are missing Kyle Bartley !!

I think Clement is going to play with 5 at the back with 2 defensive midfielders against sides who come to beat us home ( the top 6) and for away matches. The fact that it worked ok for an hour or so against Man U & away at Palace has some fans thinking that playing this formation will be the norm.

Until we learn how to defend set-pieces or create more chances we are in for a tough season. Tippy tappy football is all fine and dandy but it needs to be done 30 yards further up the field to make it effective
Kyle Naughton. on 23:24 - Sep 11 with 2790 viewsTheKirkyLife

Kyle Naughton. on 20:11 - Sep 11 by vetchonian

I'd agree with you if he didn't play three at the back against Palace AFTER Bartley was injured.

Yes we did change formation there to a 4-2-3-1 but that was because Palace were bossing the midfield after the second goal. I was there, believe me when I say that haha
Kyle Naughton. on 03:05 - Sep 12 with 2702 viewsLeonWasGod

Kyle Naughton. on 17:36 - Sep 11 by Drizzy

It's ludicrous to expect such a limited player to be our only attacking outlet on the right flank.

Agree entirely. He is hamstrung by the system to a degree, but the improvement going forward when Rangel plays has always been obvious. So it's not just about the system. He's slow of thought, but has been better under PC to be fair. Still not good enough offensively to play that wing back role alongside a narrow midfield imo. Solid enough defensively, although I'm not keen on how he stands off sometimes.
Kyle Naughton. on 08:43 - Sep 12 with 2596 viewswhiterock

Once you are out of favour at Swansea, that's it. I think Naughton has been one of our better performers over the last six months or so but will rarely get any credit.
Kyle Naughton. on 10:00 - Sep 12 with 2544 viewsvetchonian

Kyle Naughton. on 22:03 - Sep 11 by SPboy

I can't believe it that people are saying we are missing Kyle Bartley !!

I think Clement is going to play with 5 at the back with 2 defensive midfielders against sides who come to beat us home ( the top 6) and for away matches. The fact that it worked ok for an hour or so against Man U & away at Palace has some fans thinking that playing this formation will be the norm.

Until we learn how to defend set-pieces or create more chances we are in for a tough season. Tippy tappy football is all fine and dandy but it needs to be done 30 yards further up the field to make it effective

No one has said we are missing Bartley per we what we are is aCB down so playing with our 3 remaing cbs is running a risk should one get injured, I

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Kyle Naughton. on 10:42 - Sep 12 with 2510 viewsbiggar

I actually think he's improved over the last 6 months or so. He's certainly not the biggest problem in the squad.
Kyle Naughton. on 11:07 - Sep 12 with 2477 viewsJFSwan

He does extremely well considering he's :

1). Exposed by the diamond formation
2). Has little options when there no 'Leon' ready to receive on the inside. His options are usually, give it back to Fernandez or look for Ayew's channel run. Back to Fernandez he gets booed, hoof it up he loses the ball.
Kyle Naughton. on 12:06 - Sep 12 with 2427 viewsjojaca

Kyle Naughton. on 11:07 - Sep 12 by JFSwan

He does extremely well considering he's :

1). Exposed by the diamond formation
2). Has little options when there no 'Leon' ready to receive on the inside. His options are usually, give it back to Fernandez or look for Ayew's channel run. Back to Fernandez he gets booed, hoof it up he loses the ball.

There was nobody making runs down his channel, the only option was to pass inside.

Even when you know, you never know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024