Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strange season so far, 19:29 - Sep 15 with 5085 viewsoldcob

I know we are only four games in, but we've not won at home, and not lost away. We've not scored at home, and not conceded away.
Strange season so far, on 19:31 - Sep 15 with 5072 viewsmonmouth

I want more, but I'd happily settle for reversing all of that and after next Saturday having 7 from 6.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Strange season so far, on 19:32 - Sep 15 with 5071 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

It has been extremely poor. Playing Palace when we did was incredibly fortuitous. However, it also helped to mask just how woeful we have been this season and just like when things were looking bleak under previous managers, one positive result can end up hurting us in the long run by convincing fans, even the manager, that the current system is working.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Strange season so far, on 19:38 - Sep 15 with 5054 viewsoldcob

Strange season so far, on 19:32 - Sep 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It has been extremely poor. Playing Palace when we did was incredibly fortuitous. However, it also helped to mask just how woeful we have been this season and just like when things were looking bleak under previous managers, one positive result can end up hurting us in the long run by convincing fans, even the manager, that the current system is working.

Kind of evens itself up though Dwight, we had Palace when they were poor and Man Utd when they were very good.
Strange season so far, on 19:43 - Sep 15 with 5044 viewsmonmouth

Can't argue with that. We have been terrible. Our best performance was in a 4-0 loss. Let's hope things start falling into place, not least some sign of what the hell we're trying to do in attack.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Strange season so far, on 20:08 - Sep 15 with 5003 viewsOldjack

We have a nice jigsaw to play with atm . I for one can't wait for Clem to finish it

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Strange season so far, on 20:10 - Sep 15 with 4994 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Strange season so far, on 20:08 - Sep 15 by Oldjack

We have a nice jigsaw to play with atm . I for one can't wait for Clem to finish it

I think he has finished it. He's made a conscious decision to set us up the way he has in each game so far. The central midfielders are under clear instruction not to push forward.

This is Clement's style of play and you should get used to it, Oldjack.

Strange season so far, on 20:10 - Sep 15 with 4994 viewsNeathJack

The same system he changed after winning you mean?
Strange season so far, on 20:22 - Sep 15 with 4954 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Strange season so far, on 20:10 - Sep 15 by NeathJack

The same system he changed after winning you mean?

The formation changes but the system is the same. Take no risks, do not let the midfielders push forward etc. It is extremely defensive and quite boring to watch. Still, as we learnt under Monk, the majority of our fans will accept it, regardless of how it impacts future seasons, as long as it provides short term results.

Login to get fewer ads

Strange season so far, on 20:26 - Sep 15 with 4934 viewsNeathJack

Strange season so far, on 20:22 - Sep 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

The formation changes but the system is the same. Take no risks, do not let the midfielders push forward etc. It is extremely defensive and quite boring to watch. Still, as we learnt under Monk, the majority of our fans will accept it, regardless of how it impacts future seasons, as long as it provides short term results.

The system changed in as much as the full backs did not have as much leeway to provide width in the back 4 which meant we were far too narrow and congested.

I agree with you on the lack of attacking mentality in either system though and it's something that the Derby fans certainly warned us about.

It doesn't make for pleasant viewing on the whole, especially when, without Leon in the side, the tempo is always non existent.
Strange season so far, on 20:33 - Sep 15 with 4912 viewsoldcob

Strange season so far, on 20:22 - Sep 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Agree. The back four clear our lines, and the midfield proceed to play it back toward our own goal. Little wonder we've only scored in one game out of four in the premiership this season.
Strange season so far, on 20:38 - Sep 15 with 4898 viewsvetchonian

Strange season so far, on 20:33 - Sep 15 by oldcob

Agree. The back four clear our lines, and the midfield proceed to play it back toward our own goal. Little wonder we've only scored in one game out of four in the premiership this season.

But fast free flowing football is on the way don't panic.....now that the evil Siggi and Llorente have gone we will be wowed by free flowing fast football.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Strange season so far, on 21:15 - Sep 15 with 4837 viewsOldjack

Strange season so far, on 20:10 - Sep 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I think he has finished it. He's made a conscious decision to set us up the way he has in each game so far. The central midfielders are under clear instruction not to push forward.

This is Clement's style of play and you should get used to it, Oldjack.

Aye you maybe right, and it does my swede in when we're so negative at times hoping to sneak a win. Against Newcastle Sanches was playing a defensive roll in the middle for that first half ,wtf is all that about ,that lad can open up defences that's what he's good at

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Strange season so far, on 08:31 - Sep 16 with 4696 viewsTheResurrection

Strange season so far, on 20:38 - Sep 15 by vetchonian

But fast free flowing football is on the way don't panic.....now that the evil Siggi and Llorente have gone we will be wowed by free flowing fast football.

This guy has got a massive hard on for me. Every post he makes, mun

Give this team and all its new players time to bed in and settle. When they get used to each other we will improve. We are already better than we were last season.

I don't like not playing with width but that is Clement's decision, not mine, try to remember that perhaps?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Strange season so far, on 09:24 - Sep 16 with 4614 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I am not so sure it is PC telling the players not to attack.
I think it is much more likely their lack of confidence in not only themselves, but also in the defence if they leave holes in it.
The Man U Game was a classic example of what can happen when you switch from defensive to attacking play.
We have even been winning games only for our players to push too far up and then get punished by the likes of Defoe, Vardy and others getting in behind them.
Strange season so far, on 09:36 - Sep 16 with 4603 viewsSTID2017

Strange season so far, on 08:31 - Sep 16 by TheResurrection

This guy has got a massive hard on for me. Every post he makes, mun

Give this team and all its new players time to bed in and settle. When they get used to each other we will improve. We are already better than we were last season.

I don't like not playing with width but that is Clement's decision, not mine, try to remember that perhaps?

Of course it's Clement's decision.
You , like the rest of us, are just a fan.
However you have been insistent that as soon as Gylfi and Llorente stopped playing for us we'd be playing much better football.
So whilst that is failing to appear you have left yourself open to have it brought back up to you.
Hopefully we will see better football in the long run.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Strange season so far, on 09:41 - Sep 16 with 4596 viewswhoflungdung

Seems we be hardly started and begs the question as to wtf is the point of pre season friendlies over the pond

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Strange season so far, on 09:44 - Sep 16 with 4588 viewsTheResurrection

Strange season so far, on 09:36 - Sep 16 by STID2017

Of course it's Clement's decision.
You , like the rest of us, are just a fan.
However you have been insistent that as soon as Gylfi and Llorente stopped playing for us we'd be playing much better football.
So whilst that is failing to appear you have left yourself open to have it brought back up to you.
Hopefully we will see better football in the long run.

Well that's true. We have and we will. We are better than last season already. People are expecting Brazil 1970 and we haven't even got Bony up to speed yet. He's only played 21 facking minutes FFS.

Have a word you old woman.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Strange season so far, on 09:47 - Sep 16 with 4584 viewswhoflungdung

My old woman is doubtful of Wilf but I'm not sure she takes her eyes any higher than his groin area so she might be wrong

you won't remember the old Love Affair hit ,will you?

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024