Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No subject 18:10 - Sep 16 with 21421 viewsnice_to_michu

[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 12:05]
Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 10:57 - Sep 17 with 5975 viewsE20Jack

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 10:53 - Sep 17 by ItchySphincter

Ferrie signed a new deal. If JJ had have been any good and got a new deal he could have been a hero like any other player, black or white.

Utter nonsense a minute ago you didnt even jnow he was the subject of abuse.

The abuse was nothing to do with his contract status, it was due to his percieved application to the cause.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 10:57 - Sep 17 with 5974 viewsItchySphincter

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 10:51 - Sep 17 by E20Jack

Not letting myself down at all. I domt suffer fools, I set that stall out early.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/members/ItchySphincter/polls/

This was a thread (noted by others) designed to goad, which was a follow om from the initial sanches thread in which you disagreed with me regarding the knowledge of some companies. Which of course I was proven correct on.

Thanks.

Sorry, sincerely. You have absolutely no sense of fun whatsoever. I'll bear it in mind in future. That thread was largely ignored btw, as it should have been. Sorry again precious.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 10:58 - Sep 17 with 5972 viewsItchySphincter

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 10:57 - Sep 17 by E20Jack

Utter nonsense a minute ago you didnt even jnow he was the subject of abuse.

The abuse was nothing to do with his contract status, it was due to his percieved application to the cause.

No, I stated I have no recollection of consistent racism toward him. Read it again, its clear.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 10:58 - Sep 17 with 5971 viewsE20Jack

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 10:57 - Sep 17 by ItchySphincter

Sorry, sincerely. You have absolutely no sense of fun whatsoever. I'll bear it in mind in future. That thread was largely ignored btw, as it should have been. Sorry again precious.

It was great fun fair play.

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 10:59 - Sep 17 with 5968 viewsE20Jack

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 10:58 - Sep 17 by ItchySphincter

No, I stated I have no recollection of consistent racism toward him. Read it again, its clear.

I read it a few times, trust me, I was in utter disbelief at the time.

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 11:00 - Sep 17 with 5965 viewsjack247

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 10:54 - Sep 17 by E20Jack

If only that were true, it is one of the most shameful experiences I have had on the North Bank during that period and is with me vividly today and will be for a long time. It was horrific verbal abuse.

I also remember being at Diva Stadium when we played Chester, he was through on goal and went down after a player clipped his heels. Our fans thought he was looking for a penalty when he had the chance to score and the crowd ripped into a torrent of racial abuse towards him.

It happened. Regularly.

It did happen. Reasonably regularly and it's something to be embarrassed about. Price seemed to get it, others like Ampadu, Austin, Iriekpen didn't. I was young at the time, but I'm guessing John Williams wouldn't have been nicknamed Twix if he was white. Opposition players used to get it openly and aggressively.

It is a completely different kettle of fish to subliminally thinking someone is lazy based on their skin colour though.
Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 11:16 - Sep 17 with 5913 viewsjohnlangy

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 19:22 - Sep 16 by BLAZE

Much improved this week

Correct.
Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 19:50 - Sep 17 with 5815 viewsjasfan

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 00:08 - Sep 17 by E20Jack

The opinion was not based on what someone would be labelled as. The opinion was based on what certain players ARE labelled as. What someone WOULD be labelled as is neither here nor there to the point in hand.

But I am glad you agree that there clearly is an issue.

Just to clarify, your original statement used the word "would" :

"If Pirlo was black and signed for us, he would also be labelled lazy. "

I think you used a more qualified statement later that I felt was more appropriate, based on the pattern you detected.
Login to get fewer ads

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 20:03 - Sep 17 with 5797 viewsE20Jack

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 19:50 - Sep 17 by jasfan

Just to clarify, your original statement used the word "would" :

"If Pirlo was black and signed for us, he would also be labelled lazy. "

I think you used a more qualified statement later that I felt was more appropriate, based on the pattern you detected.

So all your rubbish so far has been down to that word in that comment? You believe I should have said ''probably would'' instead? Jesus.

And there was me thinking we were talking about something worthwhile.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2017 20:07]

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 20:37 - Sep 17 with 5770 viewsjasfan

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 20:03 - Sep 17 by E20Jack

So all your rubbish so far has been down to that word in that comment? You believe I should have said ''probably would'' instead? Jesus.

And there was me thinking we were talking about something worthwhile.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2017 20:07]

It is something worthwhile, hence the need to use a sound methodology in your arguments. I have merely pointed out the flaws in your approach.

I'm afraid you haven't understood my points if you dismiss them as "rubbish". It is your choice to use that derogatory word in this discussion.

If you follow my replies with a little more care you, will see that my previous reply pointed out that you had started to contradict yourself:

"The opinion was not based on what someone would be labelled as. The opinion was based on what certain players ARE labelled as. What someone WOULD be labelled as is neither here nor there to the point in hand. "

Yet your first statement did precisely that. Again, that you chose to concentrate on that clarification rather than the other points I made is your choice.

I don't usually get involved in non football topics and in threads like these, as I think most posters find the ping pong discussions a bit tedious. What I enjoy is reading other people's view and opinions about football matters. So I will leave it there.
Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 20:45 - Sep 17 with 5754 viewsE20Jack

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 20:37 - Sep 17 by jasfan

It is something worthwhile, hence the need to use a sound methodology in your arguments. I have merely pointed out the flaws in your approach.

I'm afraid you haven't understood my points if you dismiss them as "rubbish". It is your choice to use that derogatory word in this discussion.

If you follow my replies with a little more care you, will see that my previous reply pointed out that you had started to contradict yourself:

"The opinion was not based on what someone would be labelled as. The opinion was based on what certain players ARE labelled as. What someone WOULD be labelled as is neither here nor there to the point in hand. "

Yet your first statement did precisely that. Again, that you chose to concentrate on that clarification rather than the other points I made is your choice.

I don't usually get involved in non football topics and in threads like these, as I think most posters find the ping pong discussions a bit tedious. What I enjoy is reading other people's view and opinions about football matters. So I will leave it there.

There is no flaw in the approach, my approach is sayng that black players are called lazy and non committed far easier than Caucasian players. This doesn't change whether I said ''He would be called lazy if he was black'' or ''he probably would be called lazy if he was black''.

I followed your replies with great care, it seems you were trying to be a smart Alec by stating I cannot claim what would happen when indeed it is in the future. You did state I contradicted myself but you were wrong of course. That is where your lack of understanding comes into it.

My opinion regarding black players was not based on Pirlo, nor my comment regarding Pirlo - my comment regarding Pirlo was based on my opinion regarding black players. A very important difference.

Read them again, I await the apology.

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 21:16 - Sep 17 with 5720 viewsHighjack

What an absolute car crash of a thread.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 21:24 - Sep 17 with 5711 viewsjasfan

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 20:45 - Sep 17 by E20Jack

There is no flaw in the approach, my approach is sayng that black players are called lazy and non committed far easier than Caucasian players. This doesn't change whether I said ''He would be called lazy if he was black'' or ''he probably would be called lazy if he was black''.

I followed your replies with great care, it seems you were trying to be a smart Alec by stating I cannot claim what would happen when indeed it is in the future. You did state I contradicted myself but you were wrong of course. That is where your lack of understanding comes into it.

My opinion regarding black players was not based on Pirlo, nor my comment regarding Pirlo - my comment regarding Pirlo was based on my opinion regarding black players. A very important difference.

Read them again, I await the apology.

No apology is needed.

There is a difference between "would be" and "probably would be". You may find this being a "smart alec", pedantic maybe. In my opinion, the flaws in your methods cannot show with certainty (1) that this would be the outcome.

I appreciate and respect the conviction with which you believe it would be the case. You may well be right but it just that - a belief.

If you think your use of correlation on this particular issue in predicting an outcome with certainty is entirely statistically sound, then fine. No worries. No argument.

Have a good weekend.
Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 21:27 - Sep 17 with 5704 viewsjasfan

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 21:16 - Sep 17 by Highjack

What an absolute car crash of a thread.

Fu** I agree. I wish I'd never got involved!

I've seen a few of these and couldn't understand how people got so involved in them. Then bingo!

I will stick to football from now on. At least it's fun and interesting.
Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 21:29 - Sep 17 with 5698 viewsE20Jack

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 21:24 - Sep 17 by jasfan

No apology is needed.

There is a difference between "would be" and "probably would be". You may find this being a "smart alec", pedantic maybe. In my opinion, the flaws in your methods cannot show with certainty (1) that this would be the outcome.

I appreciate and respect the conviction with which you believe it would be the case. You may well be right but it just that - a belief.

If you think your use of correlation on this particular issue in predicting an outcome with certainty is entirely statistically sound, then fine. No worries. No argument.

Have a good weekend.

Well I think you are sorry as you made an error thinking my opinion was based on my comment rather than my comment being based on my opinion. You are now desperately digging your way out of the massive hole you got yourself in.

You are wrong. log off.

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 21:29 - Sep 17 with 5695 viewsE20Jack

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 21:27 - Sep 17 by jasfan

Fu** I agree. I wish I'd never got involved!

I've seen a few of these and couldn't understand how people got so involved in them. Then bingo!

I will stick to football from now on. At least it's fun and interesting.

And you can then maybe follow the debate better?

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 21:40 - Sep 17 with 5678 viewsjasfan

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 21:29 - Sep 17 by E20Jack

Well I think you are sorry as you made an error thinking my opinion was based on my comment rather than my comment being based on my opinion. You are now desperately digging your way out of the massive hole you got yourself in.

You are wrong. log off.

Statistics not your strong point then?

Ok.
Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 21:44 - Sep 17 with 5668 viewsE20Jack

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 21:40 - Sep 17 by jasfan

Statistics not your strong point then?

Ok.

What statistics?

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 21:45 - Sep 17 with 5663 viewsDarran

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 21:44 - Sep 17 by E20Jack

What statistics?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 21:46 - Sep 17 with 5662 viewsE20Jack

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 21:45 - Sep 17 by Darran

Aren't you just.

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 00:12 - Sep 18 with 5617 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 10:47 - Sep 17 by E20Jack

So did Ferrie Bodde, dont think I ever heard people calling him a "lazy bl*ck b*stard" with sheer regularity though.

If you're saying you heard Jason Price abused on those terms it's a new one on me. And I had a season ticket for the North bank and went away a few times that season.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 01:05 - Sep 18 with 5586 viewsE20Jack

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 00:12 - Sep 18 by Brynmill_Jack

If you're saying you heard Jason Price abused on those terms it's a new one on me. And I had a season ticket for the North bank and went away a few times that season.

I am one of many that remember it, yes.

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 02:56 - Sep 18 with 5561 viewsLeonWasGod

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 18:27 - Sep 16 by E20Jack

If Pirlo was black and signed for us, he would also be labelled lazy.

Bony, Emnes, Scotland, Lawrence, Barrow, Sanches all got this tag. Can't remember many white players being slated for their laziness.

Just an observation.

Shelvey too. Everyone knows he's an albino black dude.
Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 21:55 - Sep 19 with 5378 viewsLandore_Jack

Needs to work on his shooting, passing, dribbling and set pieces. Unconvincing tonight.

#backtojack

Renato Sanches - just walks and ambles around the pitch on 22:07 - Sep 19 with 5290 viewsChrisSCFC

Being judged harshly if he was white we'd all be declaring him world class.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024