Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great point.....but 19:29 - Sep 16 with 14090 viewsjojaca

Anybody worried by our lack of attempts on goal from first five matches. Our attacking side of the game needs a significant improvement.

Even when you know, you never know?

Great point.....but on 10:36 - Sep 17 with 3920 viewswhoflungdung

But ...we be spent 30m on Borja and Mesa ,the former being nobbed off and the latter ,no doubt,will follow at some time

Fair plan yesterday well executed

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Great point.....but on 10:36 - Sep 17 with 3918 viewsjasper_T

Great point.....but on 01:17 - Sep 17 by builthjack

Spurs won 17 and drew 2 at home last season.
We did good.

Different home.
Great point.....but on 12:04 - Sep 17 with 3856 viewsdobjack2

Great point.....but on 10:36 - Sep 17 by jasper_T

Different home.

Different sized pitch
Great point.....but on 12:12 - Sep 17 with 3854 viewsswansealad69

Great point.....but on 10:33 - Sep 17 by Pegojack

The top five or six teams in the Premier League have budgets and squads we can only dream about.

Paul Clement is a very intelligent and competent coach who recognises the disparity and has the ability to tailor our approach depending on the situation of each game. Going away to one of the mega clubs, he set us up to give them a really hard time trying to break us down and, despite one or two close shaves, he succeeded. This is not easy to do, how many teams come a cropper when they try it?

The challenge now is to tweak the approach when we play the weaker teams and need to be targeting all three points. I've seen enuogh from Abraham, Ayew, Bony and Sanches so far to suggest we will get that right too in the near future. In particular, I was very impressed by Bony yesterday, he had their centre back in his pocket after the guy had rode roughshod over Abraham.

Yes great point and great team effort
The game plan was to contain and hope to catch on the break.
Not concerned by the lack off attempts in this game.
But it will be a concern when we struggle to score against othere oe Newcastle saints.
Sanchez is no dought a great player and one who will get better but the problem is he is the siggy replacement and he is a diffrent kind off player.
We have no one to score siggys goals.
Then we have bony who was top notch first time but questions must be asked as he is a massive gamble woth the loss off lorentey.
Cant se bony geting 15.
To be honest cant see bony and tammy getting 15.
So thats 27 goals gone
We have no wingers who can score
I honestly cant see were the goals will come from unless bony getts back his form he had last time around.
Massive gamble from the club.
We need pace out wide but have none
We are not able to change a system if we are struggling.
Thats the worry.
Great point.....but on 12:21 - Sep 17 with 3842 viewsmonmouth

After yesterday, I am entirely comfortable that Bony will come good.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Great point.....but on 12:42 - Sep 17 with 3822 viewsShaky

Yup, Swansea rode their luck more than once, and the faithful are right to be delighted with that point.

For the non-partisan, however, that was another pile of shit.

Swansea set up with no intention whatsoever of threatening the Spurs goal from open play, and the only corner won was incorrectly given.

i sincerely hope T2C's vision of free-flowing football comes to pass at Swansea again; somebody wake me up when that happens.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Great point.....but on 13:41 - Sep 17 with 3786 viewssully49

Anyone even thinking that it was going to be stated paced open game was seriously deluded, particularly after Newcastle.

My jury is still out on Bony as the only reason he came back to Swansea was because of his children and nothing else, plus him not playing regular football is a concern.

Sanches' showed glimpses of his ability especially some of his footwork in close quarters, also he didn't give the ball away as much either, he is a rough diamond and will only get better the more he plays.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Great point.....but on 15:13 - Sep 17 with 3748 viewsGeoffThom

Great point.....but on 19:57 - Sep 16 by jojaca

Sorry you feel that way, I won't post again.

But I hate watching my team play so negative despite a great point. We are in for a shit season if we watch this week in and week out even if we survive.

Take no notice of half the numptys on here ,you post what you feel and feck the ones who don't like it ,it's all up for debate and about opinions,I know what you were alluding too and I also worry we're the goals are gonna come from ,but nonetheless we didn't expect anything yesterday and got something 👍
Login to get fewer ads

Great point.....but on 15:35 - Sep 17 with 3721 viewsswanjackal

Great point.....but on 15:13 - Sep 17 by GeoffThom

Take no notice of half the numptys on here ,you post what you feel and feck the ones who don't like it ,it's all up for debate and about opinions,I know what you were alluding too and I also worry we're the goals are gonna come from ,but nonetheless we didn't expect anything yesterday and got something 👍

I'm of the same mindset. Nothing wrong with what was initially posted.

It was a fantastic display of defensive football, albeit sprinkled with a dose of luck on times, which you need. However, we created zero, and a plan of just absorbing pressure can easily go wrong, so with zero attacking impetus , one single goal turns a good result or performance (in some people's eyes )to a poor one.

I also am concerned about the lack of quality chances in the games seen so far, it means we really have to bury what scraps we are relying on. Hopefully it changes with perceived weaker teams, with a team getting used to each other but it is still a concern from the attacking performances so far.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Great point.....but on 15:53 - Sep 17 with 3700 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Great point.....but on 15:13 - Sep 17 by GeoffThom

"but nonetheless we didn't expect anything yesterday and got something"

That is very true. However, with this style of play we also risk getting nothing from games where we do expect something.

We're now into the middle of September. Setting up this way isn't a one off. We do it whether we're playing a world class team like Manchester United or a side we should be targeting 3 points against, such as Newcastle at home.

It is very worrying. We have bought players who do a good job of keeping the defensive shape, closing down space and winning the odd tackle (Clucas, Mesa, Carrol) but none who can actually contribute anything going forward.

Our only two methods of attack are hoofing it long to Abraham or passing it to Kyle Naughton on the right wing. That is it. It is very worrying.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Great point.....but on 16:17 - Sep 17 with 3688 viewsGeoffThom

Says it all on sky ,us and Everton have at this time only ,seven attempts on goal !! That could be worrying ?
Great point.....but on 19:37 - Sep 17 with 3613 viewsspiderboy

Great point.....but on 15:53 - Sep 17 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

That is very true. However, with this style of play we also risk getting nothing from games where we do expect something.

We're now into the middle of September. Setting up this way isn't a one off. We do it whether we're playing a world class team like Manchester United or a side we should be targeting 3 points against, such as Newcastle at home.

It is very worrying. We have bought players who do a good job of keeping the defensive shape, closing down space and winning the odd tackle (Clucas, Mesa, Carrol) but none who can actually contribute anything going forward.

Our only two methods of attack are hoofing it long to Abraham or passing it to Kyle Naughton on the right wing. That is it. It is very worrying.

I like your post.
Well done!
Great point.....but on 19:40 - Sep 17 with 3607 viewsjackrabbit

Great point.....but on 15:53 - Sep 17 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Well said. Let's hope the bus is left parked in the garage next Saturday, and we try to play some football in the opposition's end. The most disappointing match this season, was not 0-4 against United who were a class or two above us, but 0-1 against Newcastle at home. We seemed to make little effort to use our home advantage to try to win that game. I got the impression that our ambition was just to stop them scoring. That worked well! I trust lessons have been learned before the visit of Watford. These are the teams we need to be beating at home.
Great point.....but on 19:52 - Sep 17 with 3595 viewsnantywatcher

Great point.....but on 19:40 - Sep 17 by jackrabbit

Well said. Let's hope the bus is left parked in the garage next Saturday, and we try to play some football in the opposition's end. The most disappointing match this season, was not 0-4 against United who were a class or two above us, but 0-1 against Newcastle at home. We seemed to make little effort to use our home advantage to try to win that game. I got the impression that our ambition was just to stop them scoring. That worked well! I trust lessons have been learned before the visit of Watford. These are the teams we need to be beating at home.

Marco Silva 3 wins Paul Clement 3 defeats. So people think next week is a comfortable win in the making, when Watford are streets ahead of last season's Hull City. A very BIG test for PC and no mistake!
Great point.....but on 20:40 - Sep 17 with 3565 viewsTheResurrection

Great point.....but on 19:52 - Sep 17 by nantywatcher

Marco Silva 3 wins Paul Clement 3 defeats. So people think next week is a comfortable win in the making, when Watford are streets ahead of last season's Hull City. A very BIG test for PC and no mistake!

Our fans have never been the brightest, but when you couple in the fact a lot have become Premier League Billy Big Bollox, then they're really showing themselves up as mugs.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Great point.....but on 20:43 - Sep 17 with 3556 viewsDarran

Great point.....but on 20:40 - Sep 17 by TheResurrection

Our fans have never been the brightest, but when you couple in the fact a lot have become Premier League Billy Big Bollox, then they're really showing themselves up as mugs.

Tell you what I don't agree with you very often but that's a great post and fuçking spot on.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Great point.....but on 20:47 - Sep 17 with 3543 viewsLoyal

Great point.....but on 20:40 - Sep 17 by TheResurrection

Clement is building an effective side, takes time, we know that Chris, thing is two games and everybody wants cup finals. Even v Newcastle there were glimpses of what is to come. Strongest midfield we have had for years, defence is solid, even VDH looking strong and aware. Fab is in his best form ever. No longer do we have the sun shining on individuals, as I said elesewhere, we cleared out the so called heroes and I include Gylfi in that, purely because he restricted us. Llorente no brainer, what we now have is hope, watch this side fly, I'm serious. 👍

Nobody will ever know ..... etc.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Great point.....but on 20:59 - Sep 17 with 3533 viewsmonmouth

Your point is sound, but 3? Which one am I forgetting?

Great point.....but on 21:05 - Sep 17 with 3527 viewsDJack

Great point.....but on 20:59 - Sep 17 by monmouth

Your point is sound, but 3? Which one am I forgetting?

Cup.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Great point.....but on 21:16 - Sep 17 with 3502 viewsmonmouth

Great point.....but on 21:05 - Sep 17 by DJack

Cup.

I remembered that one. One cup, one league?

Great point.....but on 22:00 - Sep 17 with 3466 viewsSPboy

Great point.....but on 19:57 - Sep 16 by jojaca

Sorry you feel that way, I won't post again.

But I hate watching my team play so negative despite a great point. We are in for a shit season if we watch this week in and week out even if we survive.

You are not alone in not liking the negativity of our play. Most people don't have a problem playing like we did against Spurs if we end up getting a point. It seems that quite a few have forgotten that we were outplayed at home by the mighty Newcastle last week already
Great point.....but on 22:55 - Sep 17 with 3431 viewsjackrabbit

Watford conceded 6 goals yesterday and their defence was shambolic - fact. Yes it was Man City and they were brilliant. And I agree that Silva is a formidable manager but if we don't approach this game with a view to going all out for a win, not just trying not to lose as we did against Newcastle, then I am a lot more pessimistic about our chances this season. We have Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool still to visit the Liberty. We need to be winning against Watford, Bournemouth, Brighton, West Brom etc at home. No, there are no easy games in the Premier League, but parking the bus at home and being satisfied with a point, ended badly for Middlesborough last season. I'd hate to see us suffer the same fate. Nothing "Billy Big Bollux" about that.
Great point.....but on 22:56 - Sep 17 with 3427 viewsJackFish

Great point.....but on 22:00 - Sep 17 by SPboy

You are not alone in not liking the negativity of our play. Most people don't have a problem playing like we did against Spurs if we end up getting a point. It seems that quite a few have forgotten that we were outplayed at home by the mighty Newcastle last week already

I said before the game yesterday that it's the type of game Clement likes because he can set us up to be very organised, very disciplined and keep them out, like we did at Southampton. Four consequcive away clean sheets is very impressive in the Premier League.

I do think we have serious issues going forward though, early days but the front two are often completely isolated - if we're going to be playing so deep we need Bony up there to hold the ball up, because Tammy isn't stong enough to do that against two centre halves. It's all well and good being able to grind out points like yesterday, but if we can't score enough goals to win at home we're still going to be scrapping around the bottom again.
Great point.....but on 23:15 - Sep 17 with 3411 viewsDJack

Great point.....but on 21:16 - Sep 17 by monmouth

I remembered that one. One cup, one league?

Sorry Monny, I've been away from the PC...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37067797
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38474717
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39163820

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Great point.....but on 23:29 - Sep 17 with 3401 viewsjackrabbit

Great point.....but on 22:56 - Sep 17 by JackFish

I said before the game yesterday that it's the type of game Clement likes because he can set us up to be very organised, very disciplined and keep them out, like we did at Southampton. Four consequcive away clean sheets is very impressive in the Premier League.

I do think we have serious issues going forward though, early days but the front two are often completely isolated - if we're going to be playing so deep we need Bony up there to hold the ball up, because Tammy isn't stong enough to do that against two centre halves. It's all well and good being able to grind out points like yesterday, but if we can't score enough goals to win at home we're still going to be scrapping around the bottom again.

Your last statement is what this thread is about, but to make the point leaves yourself open to abuse by the usual know-it-all smartarses that dwell on this board. However, we're in good company:

"We need this kind of performance to improve our belief and our confidence.

“It will help us going into the games we have got coming up, especially at home.

“We need to get some points at home. If we do that, it will take a little bit of pressure off when we go away

“But we managed the game very well defensively. We know we need to do more offensively, but it’s a good performance from everyone and a good point for us.

“We wanted to create a little bit more. When Wilfried Bony came on we caused them a few more problems — we won some fouls up the pitch and that took the pressure off a little bit."

That was Federico Fernandez after the game.

All together now...

ALL WE ARE SAY-ING, IS GIVE US A GOAL ......or at least some shots on goal in our home games
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024