Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rotledge.serious question. 21:21 - Sep 16 with 6463 viewswhoflungdung

Why bring on this chap with five minutes to go when we re defending for our lives.

He almost cost us the game by doing what he does which is fook all

Something obviously wrong with Mesa

Another huge waste of money that ll be loaned back to Spain.

Can't fathom it out but maybe rots huge legions of fans can explain

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Rotledge.serious question. on 12:27 - Sep 17 with 3045 viewsTheResurrection

Rotledge.serious question. on 12:17 - Sep 17 by monmouth

I can't remember too much about the game as I was pretty much ratted before kick off, but I do remember thinking when Spurs had the ball - so pretty much all the time - that we couldn't get any deeper, with what looked like 6 men and Fabs in our box much of the time.

I'm surprised at that heat map. I can only think that when we hoofed it out we pushed forward before retreating again when Spurs got near 25 yards out.

I do know, even drunk, that is not what I want to watch too many times. I'll happily applaud it now, as a point up there is fantastic, and still makes me feel good and thrilled. If we'd lost it one nil though, I would be fuming at us playing like a lower league team in a cup tie, whatever the arguments for it, which I understand fully. If we play like that at West Ham, I will be pretty much disgusted. It is worse than Monkball, which also got short term results by riding luck.

Exactly mate. We were a flat back 5 for most of the game but you know how averages work.

If you make it to the oppositions by-line once or twice but spend most glued to your own 18 yard line or deeper, then the map will show you averaged that tad further.

247 is blagging it.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Rotledge.serious question. on 12:28 - Sep 17 with 3042 viewsTheResurrection

Rotledge.serious question. on 12:22 - Sep 17 by jack247

Give it up mate, honestly. It was exactly the same substitution we made at Palace to good effect. It wasn't obvious then, I wasn't surprised or concerned when he did it again yesterday.

You are not actually saying much different to my original post (which mentioned him stretching the game) other than you don't agree it allowed our fullbacks and central midfielders to defend deeper without the added pressure of bringing the ball out. In all honesty, that's bollocks and will remain bollocks whether you use capital letters or not.

I don't think you are accounting for the fact they had to bring the ball out of defence when we turned over possession before Routledge came on. Either that or you're just arguing for the sake of it. I've given you a map that shows the average position of our fullbacks was a lot more than a 'tad' further forward than Mawson and Fernandez in particular. That Carroll and Clucas' average position wasn't far behind Tammys. There's not much more I can do.

See Monmouth's post

And learn the law of averages

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Rotledge.serious question. on 12:41 - Sep 17 with 3024 viewsjack247

Rotledge.serious question. on 12:27 - Sep 17 by TheResurrection

Exactly mate. We were a flat back 5 for most of the game but you know how averages work.

If you make it to the oppositions by-line once or twice but spend most glued to your own 18 yard line or deeper, then the map will show you averaged that tad further.

247 is blagging it.

Read that back to yourself, aloud if you have to.

Of course getting to the byline or winning the odd corner will move your average position slightly higher up the pitch. It won't make it look like you spent most of the game close to the halfway line, particularly if you're pinned in a flat back 5 the rest of the time.

To do that, you have to be carrying the ball out of defence. There's no argument there. Bringing an outlet on means the more defensive minded players can concentrate completely on defending. Yes, he holds their fullback up, but that's not the main reason for the substitution
Rotledge.serious question. on 21:25 - Sep 17 with 2968 viewswhoflungdung

247. Can I call you Tim.

I'm afraid it's more lies.

I'm not 70 .Hopefully I one day I ll get there and I hope you do so.

I've been followed on here by many for some time.

It's God s work.

Meanwhile, I d like to repeat my opinion of Rotledge as being nothing like a good,great,useful player.that we are still bringing him on to the field ignoring a 12 m player feckn baffles me

That s all

Rotledge.serious question. on 21:27 - Sep 17 with 2948 viewsDarran

Rotledge.serious question. on 21:25 - Sep 17 by whoflungdung

247. Can I call you Tim.

It's God s work.

Meanwhile, I d like to repeat my opinion of Rotledge as being nothing like a good,great,useful player.that we are still bringing him on to the field ignoring a 12 m player feckn baffles me

That s all

Well you're certainly a fuçking liar for telling everyone you've got me on ignore anyway.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Rotledge.serious question. on 21:31 - Sep 17 with 2951 viewsbonymine

Rotledge.serious question. on 21:25 - Sep 17 by whoflungdung

247. Can I call you Tim.

It's God s work.

That s all

I agree with you Perchy.....something seriously wrong with not playing a defensive midfielder who we have paid £11M for ???

If he don't fit into the squad on personality/ attitude grounds then WHY THE PHUK DID WE SIGN HIM in the first place ??

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Rotledge.serious question. on 21:35 - Sep 17 with 2932 viewsDarran

Rotledge.serious question. on 21:31 - Sep 17 by bonymine

I agree with you Perchy.....something seriously wrong with not playing a defensive midfielder who we have paid £11M for ???

If he don't fit into the squad on personality/ attitude grounds then WHY THE PHUK DID WE SIGN HIM in the first place ??

Fair point that M but what do you think the result would have been if we'd brought Mesa on instead of Routledge?

Rotledge.serious question. on 21:44 - Sep 17 with 2930 viewsbonymine

Rotledge.serious question. on 21:35 - Sep 17 by Darran

Fair point that M but what do you think the result would have been if we'd brought Mesa on instead of Routledge?

Think he would have done better than Routs Darr TBH totally different type of players though but given the circumstances think Messa deserves his chance but he must have an awful attitude or another issue not to be selected thus far ?

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Login to get fewer ads

Rotledge.serious question. on 21:45 - Sep 17 with 2920 viewsDarran

Rotledge.serious question. on 21:44 - Sep 17 by bonymine

Think he would have done better than Routs Darr TBH totally different type of players though but given the circumstances think Messa deserves his chance but he must have an awful attitude or another issue not to be selected thus far ?

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

That wasn't the question.

Rotledge.serious question. on 21:51 - Sep 17 with 2917 viewsbonymine

Rotledge.serious question. on 21:45 - Sep 17 by Darran

That wasn't the question.

Same result Darr probably 😉 we ain't got strength in depth that's for sure 💪

Rotledge.serious question. on 22:12 - Sep 17 with 2901 viewsDarran

Rotledge.serious question. on 21:51 - Sep 17 by bonymine

Same result Darr probably 😉 we ain't got strength in depth that's for sure 💪

Correct my friend same result. I'm not seeing that much of a problem on yesterday's game myself and only a total fuçking idiot could start a thread having a go at one player who came on in the 86th minute.

Rotledge.serious question. on 08:58 - Sep 18 with 2857 viewswhoflungdung

We spent Record money on aguy we never started now Mesa seems unable to get on before Wayne, who at best was/ is utterly mediocre .

It's completely I fathomable

Mid sixties Jack

Rotledge.serious question. on 09:04 - Sep 18 with 2854 viewswhoflungdung

What s that? Threat of pace. Well fair play. Now we have " threat" good enough to get on the field.

Press ? Pointless if you cannot tackle ,which he can't, nor cross a ball nor pass to a team mate but hey...he s a great player for us.

I tell you boys, it's getting past a joke now

IT does age One watching this clown

Rotledge.serious question. on 11:15 - Sep 18 with 2814 viewsjack247

Rotledge.serious question. on 08:58 - Sep 18 by whoflungdung

We spent Record money on aguy we never started now Mesa seems unable to get on before Wayne, who at best was/ is utterly mediocre .

It's completely I fathomable

Mid sixties Jack

We'd have been better off leaving VdH on than bringing Mesa. We needed someone who could be an outlet and let our fullbacks and holding midfielders batten down the hatches without the burden of having to carry the ball out of defence. We would have been pinned back with no way of relieving the pressure if we'd brought a holding midfielder on.
Rotledge.serious question. on 12:56 - Sep 18 with 2786 viewsmonmouth

Rotledge.serious question. on 11:15 - Sep 18 by jack247

We'd have been better off leaving VdH on than bringing Mesa. We needed someone who could be an outlet and let our fullbacks and holding midfielders batten down the hatches without the burden of having to carry the ball out of defence. We would have been pinned back with no way of relieving the pressure if we'd brought a holding midfielder on.

Clement said VdH was 'feeling tight'. otherwise he would not have made a change, so he had to come off. Then, as you say, it made perfect sense to bring on Routs. And whatever he is now, he has been a good player for us over the whole PL adventure, as was Mark Gower in getting us to the prem and stabilising us that first season. No matter how people like to sneer at them.

And whilst I'm on one, Nathan Dyer did as much as anyone to contribute to our great wins (Wembley twice, Emirates, Arsenal home) and he still gets constant spiteful and vitriolic pelters from so called 'fans' because he is ageing and injuries and tactics take their toll. Like as if these guys award themselves contracts and pick themselves. Baffles the f*ck out of me it does.

These guys should be treated fondly with a little respect, not pilloried, when the heat of immediate battle has cooled. In that heat of battle, Routs was proper shit mind, in a fondly respectful way.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Rotledge.serious question. on 16:19 - Sep 18 with 2745 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Rotledge.serious question. on 12:56 - Sep 18 by monmouth

Clement said VdH was 'feeling tight'. otherwise he would not have made a change, so he had to come off. Then, as you say, it made perfect sense to bring on Routs. And whatever he is now, he has been a good player for us over the whole PL adventure, as was Mark Gower in getting us to the prem and stabilising us that first season. No matter how people like to sneer at them.

And whilst I'm on one, Nathan Dyer did as much as anyone to contribute to our great wins (Wembley twice, Emirates, Arsenal home) and he still gets constant spiteful and vitriolic pelters from so called 'fans' because he is ageing and injuries and tactics take their toll. Like as if these guys award themselves contracts and pick themselves. Baffles the f*ck out of me it does.

These guys should be treated fondly with a little respect, not pilloried, when the heat of immediate battle has cooled. In that heat of battle, Routs was proper shit mind, in a fondly respectful way.

Your asking Perch to think logically i.e. not blame Routledge for getting a new contract/picked as sub AND asking him to show him respect? Good luck with that !

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Rotledge.serious question. on 20:57 - Sep 18 with 2695 viewswhoflungdung

I answer to nobody Stevo, as do you.

To some ,the logic of even having rots in our shirt baffles.

And quite why bring another over loved favourite. Pitiful really

For any outsiders reading this, we are all Swansea fans but some are greater than others

Rotledge.serious question. on 21:01 - Sep 18 with 2693 viewsjack247

Rotledge.serious question. on 20:57 - Sep 18 by whoflungdung

I answer to nobody Stevo, as do you.

To some ,the logic of even having rots in our shirt baffles.

And quite why bring another over loved favourite. Pitiful really

For any outsiders reading this, we are all Swansea fans but some are greater than others

Making up childish names for our players adds weight to the argument that some are better fans than others.

Criticise by all means, but its 'Routledge'.
Rotledge.serious question. on 21:03 - Sep 18 with 2693 viewsDr_Winston

The alphabet baffles some. Their opinions are worthless.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Rotledge.serious question. on 08:15 - Sep 19 with 2624 viewswhoflungdung

A little levity is often wasted ,Yim,at least on here.

It doesn't change matters however.

Wayne, super sub, will be doing exactly the same very soon.

Watch ....take a step back....reflect then ask yourself a few questions

All players now get massive wages . They can take it

Rotledge.serious question. on 16:50 - Sep 19 with 2587 viewsSTID2017

Serious question - why is this post still on the Non - Football Forum ?
And who's Rotledge ?
[Post edited 19 Sep 2017 16:51]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Rotledge.serious question. on 21:17 - Sep 19 with 2549 viewswhoflungdung

Think outside the box, as Wayne does.

wonderful wayne

Rotledge.serious question. on 06:23 - Sep 20 with 2494 viewsjack247

Rotledge.serious question. on 08:15 - Sep 19 by whoflungdung

A little levity is often wasted ,Yim,at least on here.

It doesn't change matters however.

Wayne, super sub, will be doing exactly the same very soon.

Watch ....take a step back....reflect then ask yourself a few questions

All players now get massive wages . They can take it

I'm sure he will be fine with whatever you call him Perch. Calling him Rotledge reflects on you, not him.

As an aside, he has never been a hot headed player. Not sure where this new aggressive side has come from. Last thing we need is him coming on with 10 minutes left and getting sent off.
Rotledge.serious question. on 08:01 - Sep 20 with 2467 viewswhoflungdung

Morning Tim.

No worse that everyone voting Tory being referred to as "vile" .. That too reflects on those who see decent citizens that way

Didn't see last night s game as I'm out of the country but It might be Wayne s newly grown hair that s affected him.

Rotledge.serious question. on 08:23 - Sep 20 with 2461 viewsWarwickHunt

Rotledge.serious question. on 06:23 - Sep 20 by jack247

I'm sure he will be fine with whatever you call him Perch. Calling him Rotledge reflects on you, not him.

As an aside, he has never been a hot headed player. Not sure where this new aggressive side has come from. Last thing we need is him coming on with 10 minutes left and getting sent off.

"Last thing we need is him coming on".
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024