Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
B T's Coverage of the game. 22:17 - Sep 16 with 6735 viewslifelong

Very poor.

Showing replays of incidents two or three times while the game is going on, focussing on players on the bench and supporters in the ground again while the game is in progress, panning in on the referee when a corner had been taken... very unprofessional.

I watched the game in a busy pub full of Swans fans, on more than one occasion a number of fans were shouting "show us the fecking game".
B T's Coverage of the game. on 22:20 - Sep 16 with 6719 viewsdickythorpe

Delighted I never subscribed to them.
B T's Coverage of the game. on 22:21 - Sep 16 with 6709 viewsjacabertawe

Yes, this annoys me as well. But, it's not just BT who are guilty: Sky also go to the bench, a child or attractive woman in the crowd or a shot of the rain coming down, when the game is going on. Poor camera choice by the programme director.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

B T's Coverage of the game. on 22:33 - Sep 16 with 6665 viewsploppy

Drives me nuts, but it's not unique to BT. Some of the, ahem, foreign coverage of the PL is worse. On one channel (don't know which it is) It's almost like they have a formula. First time ball goes out of play focus on the home manager (for frikkin ever). Next time, focus on the away manager (for frikkin ever). Whenever there's an effort of goal, show the effort from 3 different angles. Then show the player who had the effort. Then return to the game. BT's not quite as bad as that. One day, we'll have the option of whether we want to see a replay or whatever's going on on the pitch. One day. Can't come soon enough.
B T's Coverage of the game. on 22:38 - Sep 16 with 6648 viewsswan65split

Might be my age....being 65 on Monday......but couldnt hear a word Hoddle was mumbling all game.
B T's Coverage of the game. on 22:40 - Sep 16 with 6640 viewsmonmouth

I'd like no replays except goals. Show any other stuff at half, or full time. I'd also love an option of just crowd noise and stop the interminable wittering. Who the hell ever thought that two people were needed to provide a constant stream of shit. If you must have a commentator bring back Bazza Davies.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

B T's Coverage of the game. on 23:14 - Sep 16 with 6566 viewsexiledclaseboy

All football tv coverage these days is wallpaper. All I'm interested in is watching the game. I can make my own mind up about how it went without endless hours of punditry and analysis from failed or never were managers. The only commentary worth listening to is on the radio where they're painting pictures with words. A real art form.

Poll: Tory leader

B T's Coverage of the game. on 23:46 - Sep 16 with 6504 viewsNeathJack

B T's Coverage of the game. on 23:14 - Sep 16 by exiledclaseboy

All football tv coverage these days is wallpaper. All I'm interested in is watching the game. I can make my own mind up about how it went without endless hours of punditry and analysis from failed or never were managers. The only commentary worth listening to is on the radio where they're painting pictures with words. A real art form.

Sky used to have a match cam option on the red button where you could choose to watch the match from several different camera angles without commentary or replays.

I spent many a game happily tuned in the a behind the goal camera and it was a much better experience than the broadcast alternative.
BT's Coverage of the game. on 05:51 - Sep 17 with 6377 viewsAnotherJohn

B T's Coverage of the game. on 22:40 - Sep 16 by monmouth

I'd like no replays except goals. Show any other stuff at half, or full time. I'd also love an option of just crowd noise and stop the interminable wittering. Who the hell ever thought that two people were needed to provide a constant stream of shit. If you must have a commentator bring back Bazza Davies.

Quite a few of the continental satellite providers give you the audio option of just crowd noise. I watched the 3.00 pm Watford-Citeh game on the Spanish Movistar Futbol in that mode.
Login to get fewer ads

B T's Coverage of the game. on 06:19 - Sep 17 with 6366 viewsphact0rri

BT was my only option today and it was pretty rough. though a plus side was it seemed that the commentary mikes (specially Hoddle's) were cold)

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

B T's Coverage of the game. on 06:36 - Sep 17 with 6354 viewsSTID2017

One plus for me was having Graham Poll's input on refereeing decisions.
It was interesting to hear his take on the decisions which could have changed the outcome of the game.
Felt the ref was in our corner yesterday, although he should have booked a couple of theirs, but the push in the area which was given as handball against them was very fortunate for us

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

B T's Coverage of the game. on 08:05 - Sep 17 with 6287 viewsmonmouth

B T's Coverage of the game. on 06:36 - Sep 17 by STID2017

One plus for me was having Graham Poll's input on refereeing decisions.
It was interesting to hear his take on the decisions which could have changed the outcome of the game.
Felt the ref was in our corner yesterday, although he should have booked a couple of theirs, but the push in the area which was given as handball against them was very fortunate for us

I don't know, I thought it was an accidental brush of legs and their player tripped himself with the ball going nowhere. Would have been harsh in my view, and they were chucking themselves down all over the pitch, so deserved fully what they got, naff all.

BT's Coverage of the game. on 08:06 - Sep 17 with 6280 viewsmonmouth

BT's Coverage of the game. on 05:51 - Sep 17 by AnotherJohn

Quite a few of the continental satellite providers give you the audio option of just crowd noise. I watched the 3.00 pm Watford-Citeh game on the Spanish Movistar Futbol in that mode.

Really? I'd love that. I'll be looking for those.

B T's Coverage of the game. on 08:31 - Sep 17 with 6236 viewsMattG

B T's Coverage of the game. on 08:40 - Sep 17 with 6212 viewsMo_Wives

I agree with what you say, but I feel the radio coverage is going downhill as well. They seem to forget that you can't see the game and then waffle on about anything other than what's happening on the pitch. Last game against MK Dons, I was shouting "Who's got the ball, Danny?" as Gabbidon told us about the massive 'pick n mix' stall outside the stadium.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

B T's Coverage of the game. on 08:40 - Sep 17 with 6211 viewsDr_Winston

B T's Coverage of the game. on 08:31 - Sep 17 by MattG

Hoddle is greatly overlooked in the "terrible pundit" genre. Baker's rants about him are quite amusing sometimes.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

B T's Coverage of the game. on 09:51 - Sep 17 with 6112 viewsRevJames

Loved Pochettino's facial reaction to Jonathan Pearce's question on MOTD as to whether he was impressed with our defensive effort
B T's Coverage of the game. on 13:49 - Sep 17 with 6009 viewsParsSwans

And the commentator said the referee was Mike Riley!
B T's Coverage of the game. on 14:26 - Sep 17 with 5968 viewsJackflack

Sports cameramen have to stay close up on the player who just had a goal scoring opportunity... and he must stay on close until said player spits and puts one finger on one nostril while the other exudes a pile of steamy snot.
It's what the public want see. Doh

Lets be nice, we're all newbees on here.

B T's Coverage of the game. on 14:34 - Sep 17 with 5957 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I didn't see many replays our limited efforts.
Especially the Carroll one where he looked to be impeded by the defender's slide tackle that was no where near the ball.
BT's Coverage of the game. on 17:22 - Sep 17 with 5859 viewsAnotherJohn

BT's Coverage of the game. on 08:06 - Sep 17 by monmouth

Really? I'd love that. I'll be looking for those.

Only problem is that I think this only applies to satellite broadcasts , so that you'd need the equipment. Not sure whether some IPTV services let you switch the audio track, but I've never seen that.
B T's Coverage of the game. on 19:17 - Sep 17 with 5794 viewsstevethejack

All PL coverage is the same regardless of match coverage - it is supplied by the IMG company to all broadcasters. The only difference from the standard coverage is the director (BT in this case) choosing to swap cameras that goes into their coverage.

Hence the crowd shots and replays. I use the crowd only option regularly on Movistar, much better than Glenn Hoddle.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024