Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? 05:50 - Sep 17 with 13032 viewsMeraki

Another great moneyball signing.
Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 16:05 - Sep 19 with 1353 viewswhaleoilbeefhooked

What about all this due diligence crap from Huw Jenkins then?
Baston,Fat Frank,Mesa ect.
Not very diligent concerning the transfer account, or the wages.
Moneyball, more like money bollocks.
Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 16:44 - Sep 19 with 1298 viewsSTID2017

Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 22:40 - Sep 18 by TheResurrection

Mate, are you serious? come on, have a word. Bony is clearly winding Clucas up, he's probably due to do his song is he?

Mesa, from brief appearances appears to be a bit hotheaded and confrontational. These aren't good traits. And trust me, as Magic daps just said, I know... 😉

Serious question - how did you rate Chico Flores when he played for us ?
If ever a player was hot-headed and confrontational it was him, yet many rated him and continue to rate him, with quite a few wanting him back at the club, in spite the fact he's done the square root of nothing worthwhile since he left.
At least Chico had a good run of games to allow us fans to decide on his ability and attitude.
People writing Mesa off after seeing so little of him is just plain crazy.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 06:30 - Oct 14 with 1047 viewsNirvana

Just for reference, this is what I said below when we first signed Mesa (and the link). Again, I don't talk sshitt just for "box office" value, and that's reflected in me being absolutely spot on.

Back to topic, I believe within the next few games Mesa will be given a start and won't look back (hopefully today). At this point, given our dearth of talent, it is well overdue, risky passer or not. He is quality, and we are very short on that. Has to be an automatic starter going forward.

Roque Mesa by 34dfgdf54 26 Jun 2017 21:56
A few news sources are reporting we are close to bringing Roque Mesa in from Las Palmas.

Not heard of him before, but from looking at videos and checking stats he looks like a Britton replacement. Second most completed passes in la liga last year, 14 x bookings so he puts it about a bit. From the videos he pretty much looks identical to Leon in terms of playing style.

I'm glad we are looking to strengthen this area, £9 mill apparently.

- "As for Mesa, he's a quality footballer and the right type of player for us to target, but he does have a habit of putting teammates into tight spots with his passes when he's pressed. It's okay in La Liga because everyone's so good with the ball, but players like Cork, Fernández and Naughton aren't. Hopefully, he has the awareness to recognize that, and will cut down on the risky passes if he signs with us.

I just can't see it happening at £11m, and I'd honestly still rather have Vincent Koziello (yes, him again). He's a lot younger, and he'd cost less. Still, getting Mesa would be a coup for us. Check this game for the good and bad of the mustachioed man:

- "But as I said above, he has a habit of playing passes that put teammates in tight spots. That is not a good trait, but the stats don't reflect that. Watch the videos of the game I posted, or just go to 22:00 of the second video to see what I mean. It is Madrid, but he plays a poor pass that directly leads to Real's second goal.

For a DM, I would imagine these minor details are what has prevented him from signing with a bigger club.

(EDIT: I hope someone at the club has scouted Mesa in full games, and not by stats or highlights.)

- "Mesa is quality, but at 28 and £11m, I'd want a bit more consistency in his decisionmaking if he plays DM. That won't improve for him at his age, and he sometimes struggles under pressure. It would be magnified playing with some of our less-skilled guys.

If he can cut that out, we have a great player for a few seasons on our hands. I'll repeat that I'd still rather have Koziello, but Mesa is much better than what I was actually expecting. So, I won't conplain if we do sign him. I'm going to be realistic, though, as I am now.

- "As for his decisionmaking and maturation, maybe we'll see an improvement but it's not likely. Most players don't grow much after turning 28, as it's typically after their peak. And Leon is not better now than when we came into the PL.

I am not a Mesa detractor, I have said many positives and he is quality, but the one negative is not going to change. It's also a big drawback for someone filling Leon's boots. Watch the videos I posted, and there's more if you'd like to see them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024