Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GGG v Canelo 08:31 - Sep 17 with 4276 viewsNeath_Jack

What a f*cking decision there....

Canelo won rounds 1,2 possibly 3, and 10.

The rest were completely controlled by G.

Got to be honest, before the fight i thought G's age would be the telling factor, but he was still practically running to try and get to Canelo at the end of the fight.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

GGG v Canelo on 08:57 - Sep 17 with 4244 viewsjack247

Where did the 118-110 come from? Ridiculous
GGG v Canelo on 09:09 - Sep 17 with 4230 viewsswansea68

GGG v Canelo on 08:57 - Sep 17 by jack247

She won't score another fight.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2017 9:10]
GGG v Canelo on 09:49 - Sep 17 with 4186 viewswaynekerr55

GGG v Canelo on 08:57 - Sep 17 by jack247

It's at times like this that boxing does itself no favours, what planet was the judge on?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

GGG v Canelo on 10:43 - Sep 17 with 4131 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

GGG v Canelo on 10:50 - Sep 17 with 4123 viewsswanjackal

GGG v Canelo on 09:09 - Sep 17 by swansea68

I'm guessing, with what will enter her offshore bank account, she won't need to.

Is anyone really shocked though: a Mexican "golden boy" boxer, a fairly partisan crowd, recent talk of a potential "revenge" huge money Mayweather rematch. GGG not huge box office draw .

GGG needed to win huge, and although anyone with a functioning brain would see he dominated, money talks in boxing, and a rematch (which would have been on after a good fight anyway as it was) seems the money spinning outcome, or a Canelo win and potential one last nibble for a Mayweather fight.

A good fight, with the results ruined by the politics of boxing.

Edit: Still it caused some great TV after, Teddy Atlas and Stephen Smith on ESPN losing their minds was classic TV.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2017 10:51]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

GGG v Canelo on 11:06 - Sep 17 with 4101 viewsswanjackal

GGG v Canelo on 10:43 - Sep 17 by Darran

He was on one last night, that is for sure.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

GGG v Canelo on 11:53 - Sep 17 with 4069 viewsNeath_Jack

And the boxing purists were all up in arms last few months because of the Mcgregor / Mayweather fight. This is what brings shame on boxing....

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

GGG v Canelo on 13:10 - Sep 17 with 4015 viewsmax936

Lad stayed up to watch it, he hasn't surfaced yet though, there was a re-run on a bit earlier, but I haven't seen it, but from what I've read GGG should have had the decision the Politics' in the Boxing World is still alive and kicking by looks of it.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

GGG v Canelo on 13:14 - Sep 17 with 4011 viewsNeath_Jack

GGG v Canelo on 13:10 - Sep 17 by max936

Lad stayed up to watch it, he hasn't surfaced yet though, there was a re-run on a bit earlier, but I haven't seen it, but from what I've read GGG should have had the decision the Politics' in the Boxing World is still alive and kicking by looks of it.

It's not politics though Max, it's downright cheating and corruption. It's been going on since boxing has been around and no attempt has been made to stamp it out.

Yet people were crying their eyes out about the McGregor fight last month.

GGG v Canelo on 13:17 - Sep 17 with 4006 viewsswanjackal

GGG v Canelo on 13:10 - Sep 17 by max936

It was a great fight, both had a go, Canelo in spurts, but GGG never troubled and dominated the fight in the main. I've seen worse decisions, but it was clearly a GGG win, don't need to be an expert to take that away from the fight.

GGG v Canelo on 15:03 - Sep 17 with 3974 viewsmax936

GGG v Canelo on 13:14 - Sep 17 by Neath_Jack

It's not politics though Max, it's downright cheating and corruption. It's been going on since boxing has been around and no attempt has been made to stamp it out.

Yet people were crying their eyes out about the McGregor fight last month.

Well yes, but the money men will be rubbing their hands again and ordering new Yacht's on the back of a guaranteed rematch or 2, you right about the cheating and corruption its still there and has been there for ever.

Mayweather v McGregor turned out to be pretty decent fight, despite my reservations when it was announced.

Anyway, anyone know if the Parker v Fury dust up will be on anything apart from You-Tube? I'm not paying a tenner to watch it.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

GGG v Canelo on 16:12 - Sep 17 with 3942 viewstrampie

GGG v Canelo on 09:09 - Sep 17 by swansea68

Super Joe v's Hopkins ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

GGG v Canelo on 10:35 - Sep 18 with 3815 viewsJack_y_Jwc

GGG v Canelo on 16:12 - Sep 17 by trampie

Super Joe v's Hopkins ?

Exactly, she's got form for dodgy scorecards, to name just one - she was the only one to score the fight to Hopkins aginst Joe in 2008

GGG v Canelo on 12:27 - Sep 18 with 3776 viewsMillJack

GGG v Canelo on 10:35 - Sep 18 by Jack_y_Jwc

Exactly, she's got form for dodgy scorecards, to name just one - she was the only one to score the fight to Hopkins aginst Joe in 2008

To be fair, she was probably correct on that occasion. How Joe came away with the win that night I'll never know.
GGG v Canelo on 12:42 - Sep 18 with 3760 viewsJack_y_Jwc

GGG v Canelo on 12:27 - Sep 18 by MillJack

To be fair, she was probably correct on that occasion. How Joe came away with the win that night I'll never know.

By landing double the punches that Hopkins landed and not constantly smothering his opponent. Other than the first few rounds Calzaghe comfortably won that fight.

GGG v Canelo on 13:03 - Sep 18 with 3739 viewstrampie

Calzaghe hammered him, a thousand punches in the fight wasnt it with only 3 or 4 a round coming back.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

GGG v Canelo on 14:43 - Sep 18 with 3694 viewsattila_the_hun

I'm sure that judge was paid well to make that decision

"I'm Free"

GGG v Canelo on 10:00 - Sep 19 with 3590 viewsperplex

90% of all boxing writers and pundits had Calzaghe winning, granted Hopkins put Joe down in the first but then spent the rest of the fight holding and spoiling once he realised Calzaghe was to fast for him, spot on decision from the judges on that occasion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024